Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Take me back to the old days

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o

i've been around the world, seen a lot, seen a little
but everything is better when it's just plain simple
always sleeping in, skipping out monday night
counting on my tips, saving up for whatever
The mare yawned drowsily.

Walking out of the swamp, she glanced one last time to check on the sleeping bonded, before heading back to where she was supposed to meet Persephone this morning, for an adventure to the Library. A part of her wondered if she'd run into Sol while she was in Delumine, or Jiri. But she also knew helping Pers was important, and she wanted to help her new friend. The sun was just starting to rise, and as it did so, more light came into the world, slowly suffocating Bel's glow until nothing was left of it. She smiled quietly to herself, waking up more and more with each step, before spotting the dark form of her friend, the gleaming antlers, so like gems.

"Persephone!"

Her call was warm, friendly, just as it was last night, as the mare approached, the soft tumble of water vapors falling off her spine casually. She picked up her pace, bridging the distance and grinned, "I hope you're wide awake for our adventure. I'm eager to see what we can find in the library." Her smile softened, "And if we can't find any information for you there, well we'll just keep looking in other places until we do find something, okay?" She added with a smile, glancing towards the sun, "Do you want to stop by the markets before we head out for a bite of breakfast? Or should we go ahead and start crossing the ways to Delumine now?"

"Bel"
Yukime
@Persephone
Notes:: <3

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Played by Offline nefelibata [PM] Posts: 19 — Threads: 3
Signos: 1,305
Dusk Court Entertainer
Female [she/her/hers]  |  12 [Year 499 Spring]  |  16.3 hh  |  Hth: 11 — Atk: 9 — Exp: 11  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Persephone, the Lost

To be honest, Persephone had scarcely been able to sleep because of her excitement over visiting the library with her new friend. There was so much she had to look forward to! She not only had a friend she could talk to but she was also heading towards a path that might lend her some answers about her past. So, the mare woke up bright and early and made haste to meet Bel at their agreed upon meeting spot. Bel spotted her first, her cheerful voice ringing out like a morning songbird. It made Persephone perk up considerably, a bright smile tugging at the corners of her lips.

"Hello, Bel! Good morning!" she said, head high and ears perked. "I'm very excited! I could hardly sleep!" She was considerably brighter than their previous meeting. She was looking forward to the library--to figuring out if she could even read the language of Novus. It wasn't something she'd ever had to ponder before but now she felt like she was finally gaining progress towards answers. There was bound to be something that could help her there. Persephone nodded at her, tail swishing behind her in nervous anticipation.

She barely had to think about the choice she was given--she knew what she wanted to do. "I'd prefer to go straight to the library! I don't think I could focus on anything else beforehand," she answered almost immediately. The sooner they got to the library the sooner she could try and find some answers!

@Below Zero / speaks / <3

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o

i've been around the world, seen a lot, seen a little
but everything is better when it's just plain simple
always sleeping in, skipping out monday night
counting on my tips, saving up for whatever
The aquatic mare was excited to see where this adventure would lead.

Hope to learn more about her newfound friend, to discover more, to help her figure out who she was. And so she headed to the meeting spot with an eagerness, spotting the mare quickly, and calling out with a warm tone. Persephone had glanced up, smiling in return, and Bel's heart lifted at the warm greeting, her finned ears flicking forward, even as her dorsal fin shifted, laying a little flatter against her spine as the water vapors coiled up in the air. Every bit as alien as she was the night before, but now so much more obvious in the delight. The dual eyes were laughing silently, even as she kept a gentle smile on her muzzle.

She'd be lying if she said she was surprised by Persie's lack of sleep.

"I'm not in the least bit surprise. I always feel like a flying fish stuck in a tank when I've got an adventure on the horizon. All the energy to spread my fins and go, but knowing it's not time just yet." She laughed, before tilting her head, curious if they should plan for a bite to eat before the adventure, and again Bel wasn't surprised by the other's answer, her gaze already turning up to the north, amusement on her muzzle, "Alright, we'll head straight to the library, but it will likely be quite the trek, I don't want you to feel discouraged by that, especially if you do start to get hungry along the way. I know, when Sol flies down to visit, it's a good, long flight. I imagine heading there by foot, we might not get there until after the sun hits the zenith."

She wasn't about to let that stop them, however.

She had already begun to lead the way, her tail swaying as she trotted, the fluke just slightly brushing against the grass of the meadow, "Best get moving now, it's why I thought we should head out so early, to make the best time we could. If it gets to late, we may want to spend the night in Delumine, rather than venture back during the dark. I might glow rather well at night, but that can be a beacon for danger as well." And she didn't know how well Persephone could handle in fending off predators out for a quick meal, even if she herself was training as a Battle Mage. "Hopefully we'll find a clue for your past in the library." She added hopefully, to allow casual conversation as they traveled.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Persephone
Notes:: <3

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]