Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - barter

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lackadaisy [PM] Posts: 17 — Threads: 4
Signos: 40
Inactive Character

It wasn't often he visited Denocte since arriving in this land. Benedict wasn't even quite taken with the Dusk Court either; he just felt uneasy traveling farther than expected. Today, however, his hooves would draw him to the Night Market. Far from Dusk. Far from anywhere he knew to be safe and content. He tried, or rather attempted, to calm his nerves as he took a leisurely stroll through the open market.

But before unsettling thoughts lingered in his brain, the man was struck with various curiosities. He blinked as he stopped by a store, selling mostly etched wood figures. He had seen stalls like this back home, when he was allowed to be in the market accompanied by guardians. Though the once-boy had enough to purchase a fine item or two, his guards and parents would frown at him spending on useless things. The only item he wore was a claymore, combined with a worn leather bag to carry belongings.

Denocte was not somewhere he visited often, but perhaps he should... The golden man moved on, alone, taking in the sights of the Night Court's pride and joy.
tremble little lion man
benedict
x | x

Played by Offline cici [PM] Posts: 6 — Threads: 1
Signos: 255
Inactive Character

The scent of intoxicating flora lingered on his breathe, a fermented flower of some time, it eased his tired muscles, and lifted his spirits. Feeling well enough to pull the man from darkness and do anything and everything pertaining to a mingle. Open stalls with multiple visitors, some with attendee's calling out prices or specials. Warm forms of magical light lingered above them, gently floating as they illuminated the market square.

The boar walked slowly, his dial held moderately parallel to the terrain, his nostrils flaring to catch the scents of sizzling herbs, and even the coo's of caged doves. Though it seemed his attention was more set on what he'd call fun. It varied each time, though the giant had every choice he could make -- anything from the young and unsuspecting, distracted from pick pocketing drunks like himself.

Sau chose not to cause a chaotic scene, yet it seemed his art of theft sought it sites on a different target. Coming to a slow stop the boar of a male glanced and tossed his head towards one of the younger males behind him, signaling them to take off without him. Emerald and azul mixed eyes stayed on a golden beam amongst color and shadows. Slowly Sau stepped towards him, his intimidating expressions changed into curiosity and general attraction.

"Speech." ♦ @Benedict

Inactive Character

Steps toward him were made. Benedict turns his neck, seeing a man approach. They were taller, but not by much. He needn't crane to look up at them. Having been too lost in the Market, he hadn't seen the boy leave the other's side. A polite smile slowly crept onto his features, but it did not reach his eyes much. It was small and wondering. What did this one want with him? They did not belong to a stall, for what he could see. So there was no real reason to approach.

“Well met” the golden man states courteously, his head slipping down in a half-bow. It is brief, and he raises his neck once more to stare at the other equine “may I help you with something, sir?” Benedict did not linger around the question for long in his mind. If they didn't need him, why approach? What purpose did they have with him? Perhaps he wanted to be left alone. He wanted to be lost in his own thoughts again. But he was forced to interact with this man, and he did not like to be kept wondering for long.

@Saudadji
tremble little lion man
benedict
x | x

Inactive Character

The brute eyed the sun with some puzzlement in his slightly intoxicated gaze, somewhat dull and dark set. Initially he tolerated the golden man's bow and greeting, confused expression drawing over his features while he remained silent and stoic. So this was a man of culture? No wonder he stood out to the boar... "Depends." Sau spoke clearly, his vocals deep, somewhat coy but poignantly calm all the same. "I haven't seen you around before." auds swiveled on his poll, his crest somewhat curling and his dial cocking to the side slightly while he pushed his chest somewhat forward. Thunderous vocals sounded out again, almost quieter this time. "And I assure you there's no ill will." Though the dark boar's expression said otherwise, he let a reassuring smile cross his maw, his features melting into a softer phase of himself.

"Speech." ♦ @Benedict

Inactive Character

Benedict smiles kindly. “You are correct, sir” he admits easily, his deep baritone betraying no lies “I just arrived in Novus a month prior, and I haven't seen Denocte's Night Market yet. I haven't been here before.” His gaze tears away from the teal hued roan, taking in the sights once more. A lingering smile, soft, remains.

His eyes come back to his companion. “As an aspiring shopkeeper, I've come to see what the locals buy and demand” Benedict adds, giving a subtle nod “are you a fighter, sir?” the golden man queries, though one could be wrong. He didn't think so. “I wish to go into the art of blacksmithing, is why I ask.” Maybe the man could help with some questions being answered... He wanted to know what the regular warrior needed more.

Armor, or weapons?

@Saudadji
tremble little lion man
benedict
x | x

Inactive Character

"Hmmm..." he mused at the golden prince, a small smile of his own expanding over his usually darker features. "We have that in common," he started, amusement setting on his eyes as he watched his new friendly encounter beam at the edges of the market's barriers, creatures of every pace covering it's grounds like scattered ants looking for treasures.

"Ahh, I see." he began again, "A stallman looking to the arts." the roan stallion lifted his brows in interest. "To be honest, i've never known a single trader I liked..." with a dry sense of humor he smirked at the gold prince with an amused air to his tone. Teal eyes once closed opened at the sound of his correct assumption. "You have an eye for warriors then, do you?" his auditories swiveled towards his comrade. "I seek armor more than weaponry." he began, "to put it simply." he peered at the golden male through curious eyes.

"Speech." ♦ @Benedict

Inactive Character

He chuckles, his deep vocals ringing the air of the Market. “I doubt they ask you to like them” he points out quietly “they would rather your coin, sir.” But he was not such a beast. Benedict sought to better his limited skillsets so he may be of use to others. Armor and weapons were always in demand, especially if traveling between kingdoms. There were no shortage of highway men or even monsters plucking stragglers. The unprepared best be prepared.

“However” he said, not at all offended by the other man's words “I seek to better my craft, and gain little monetary value in return” Benedict supposed the man could trust his words or deny them. He only spoke the truth, however “I came to Novus with nothing but this sword. It serves me well to this day. I suppose others may need similar items to get by.” As hard as it was to accept, he knew the world was a show of force over peace.

He shakes his head, sighing. “I'm just starting out; I'd rather focus on one thing for now. Armor, yes, everyone needs armor. Ceremonial or not.” He dips his head gratefully to the other.

@Saudadji
tremble little lion man
benedict
x | x

Inactive Character

The golden prince's reply sent the blue roan's ears to gently turn backwards, but not sheer against his skull. Iridescent optics squinted slightly, but he couldn't help but let out a scoff of surprise and amusement in his very sales associative reply. That aside, Sau had a feeling there was more to this humble trader than what he could see at first glance.

"I see." the boar began in a quiet tone of voice, slowly his eyes trailed over the hilt of a golden sword that's seen better days, though for a blade like that Saudadji felt compelled to ease himself a bit more. This man was nothing more than another wanderer, a tradesman looking to advance his future. "A sword that's seen better days says a lot about a man." he had to comment in a low and calm tone. "So I don't doubt the need for something more." he searched the man further, eyes scouring him with curiosity. "Ceremonial?" There was genuine confusion in his tone, showing his somewhat wild nature.

"Speech." ♦ @Benedict