Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - bloodlines [o]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Kaiju [PM] Posts: 42 — Threads: 17
Signos: 215
Day Court Merchant
Male [he / him]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  19 hh  |  Hth: 18 — Atk: 22 — Exp: 36  |    Active Magic: Heat Manipulation  |    Bonded: Enyo (Indoraptor)

IT MUST BE LONELY
when you're up there looking down

The fight with the Teryr had left him winded and damn near broken . Battered , but not beaten down . Nothing would take him down that badly . Nothing could really shatter his spirit , though it feels lately like a lot of things are attempting to do that .

All because he had to kick a fucking statue . Serves him right , he thinks .

Maybe he does need to burn his bridges , and become the villain that everyone wants to think Solterra of so badly . Give in and twist himself inward and bring Solterra to a wartorn state again . He had had hope that maybe they could get back to their roots . To touch on what was once a proud people , protective of their own . Warriors at heart but not bloodthirsty dogs . It gets tiring after a while when nothing seems to go that way , however . When recent history has turned them into nothing but warmongers .

His ears twist back atop his head , and he presses his hooves down slightly , feeling the ache in tendons and muscles along his legs as he breathes shallow , and then deep , sucking it in through his teeth and fighting through the pain of broken ribs .

They wanted warmongers , he should give them warmongers . They're all so determined to see them as nothing but , as villains . To paint him and Solterra in a bloody red light , as if their shit didn't stink . As if their own Sovereigns had never done anything terrible , like locking away their Courts from the rest of the continent of Novus , for starters or setting fires to forests and harming far too many lives .

Leviathan closes his eyes , feeling the bubble of rage in his belly , smoldering and old . He's just tired .

His head tilts , and he feels the press of interest against his mind . Slowly , he opens his eyes to look at Enyo as she stands in front of him , claws picking at the ground as she chirps at him , tilting her own head . He only leans , and preens at the feathers on her head out of a habit borne of when he had once had wings . An age old instinct that never faded , even when he had been gifted a body for only the ground .

" Maybe I shouldn't give in , hm ? Giving them what they want will only spur them on . " His eye softens , and he slowly lays his titanic bulk down on the floor with a soft grunt instead , letting her crawl on him as he sighs out . " What do you think of roaming for a while , Enyo ? I think we can do that . " And as always , it turns back to simply dropping his crown and giving it all up instead . Accept the failure and move on .

Everyone hated him as it was , why not disappear for a while ?

open for anyone !

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

The stars are alive, child! Did you know that? Everything out there is alive, and there are grand purpose abroad!

Her last attempt to get to one of the other sovereigns had not gone well. Only just the day before, when she had been slammed into the ground by a poorly placed fur trap. She was sore, and exhausted with fever broiling under her skin. But, she told herself, if she’d had the strength to get up and get herself ready, than she would be fine to venture out to Solterra. She’d make it a quick round trip, go out, meet with Levi, and head back before nightfall. 

Her trip though the pass this time was uneventful. In fact this trip was easier than the trip to dawn would have been she realized. She could take the north pass and cut through the canyon straight into the court, and the temperature in SOlterra this time of year was pleasant at least.  By the time she got there though her breath was ragged, and sweat lathered her coat. Still though, she forced herself into the high necked position that made her look as if she held even a small amount of strength. Both leonbergers walked a step or two behind her, both freshly groomed. For just a moment she imagined the picture of them, strutting through the court, though certainly they looked more regal than she did. 

Her plan had been to head straight to the citadel to request an audience with the king. Though it seemed she wouldn’t have to go that far. She spotted a tall man, standing off to the side, who matched the description Israfel had given her. (She wasn’t looking forward to the conversation with her partner when she returned. She’d left early, before Israfel had woken, so that she wouldn’t stop her from going.)  “King Leviathan” she greeted, with a low dip of her head, keeping a respectful distance in front of him. He looked a little more battered than she’d expected, and she could see the stiffness he carried through himself at the moment. “Luvena Xiaoli” she introduced herself. She’d started using her last name again, as soon as she’d stepped up beside Israfel. She wasn’t sure why, it just felt right. “Is there somewhere we can go to sit?” she asked. “I have some business I’d like to discuss if you have the time, but admittedly I’m a little worn out.” she tried to smile, but embarrassment washed over her. She liked to keep up a pretense of strength, even though it was visibly a lie, but she felt as if her legs were going to give out from under her soon enough. 

@Leviathan

@Luvena

Day Court Merchant
Male [he / him]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  19 hh  |  Hth: 18 — Atk: 22 — Exp: 36  |    Active Magic: Heat Manipulation  |    Bonded: Enyo (Indoraptor)

IT MUST BE LONELY

Burning bridges and digging holes seems to be a specialty , and he'll keep doing it if he has to . Leviathan doesn't seem to care much anymore , watching the world burn around him as he trudges to fix Solterra ( already the Coliseum is closer to being completed , in much better shape ) , and he'll burn himself at the same time to see his people at ease and happy for something . Fuck everyone else , he thinks . The other courts are too involved in themselves , and he's tired of being the one to attempt to reach to them , only for things to explode in his face .

He's very tired .

The titan is too involved in his thoughts , while Enyo drags her tongue over his muzzle and grooms at longer hairs in his mane , attempting to soothe him in the only way she knows as a baby . Close contact and soft touches , grooming . It helps , or rather , it at least soothes her but he won't complain as he feels the way the bond eases . How she calms herself down while doing it .

His nose bumps hers , before his large ears swivel and he lifts his head as he hears his name , phantom brows furrowing while Enyo scrambles up his leg , leaving nicks against his skin where she claws up , only to perch on his shoulders and turn intelligent yellow eyes towards the intruder . He doesn't recognize her , despite his efforts on attempting to know the rest of the courts . He had given up a lot of hope when it came to attempting anything with them anymore , let them all be in their own worlds . Still , his thick legs lift him to his full height , watching her as she introduces herself . The name is familiar , even if the face is not , and his lips purse a moment .

" There are plenty of places to rest here , follow me . " The bruising and battering , the broken bones , he doesn't care for his own injuries at the moment as he walks toward a place in the shade , to duck out of the harsh light of the sun . Even in the autumn , it can be unforgiving here in the desert lands of Solterra . " It's unusual to have any sort of visitor here , Luvena . Not many come to the desert , no matter what business they want to talk about . " He walks a little further into the shade , only to relax his shoulders . He doesn't even hold himself as any sort of royalty ; he'd fought and kicked and screamed and been a warrior all his life . Being a leader in any degree is no sort of effort he cares to give in terms of appearances .

" Do you need water ? "

@Luvena

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

The stars are alive, child! Did you know that? Everything out there is alive, and there are grand purpose abroad!

Hes as rugged as she had pictured. It was an image she had come to hold for most of the desert residents. They were either lithe, and sinewy, accustomed to the heat of the desert. Or rugged and well muscled, stoic enough that they could pretend they were. She watched as his brow knit together in concentration.

She dipped her head in thanks before he turned, following him to a shaded area off to the side. She settled on the cool stone, thankful for a respite from the beating sun. Both dogs settled in beside her, laying like the sphinx statues that could be found scattered amongst the desert. She was careful not to allow herself to sink into the rest though, instead laying with poise. Her legs tucked neatly underneath her,  head held upright. “Water would be appreciated, thank you” 

“A letter seemed too informal for the occasion” she replied. “No, I would prefer to do things in person where I can.”She mulled over the words she had prepared on the way over. “I’m aware that you’ve met my partner, queen Israfel. You should know that I have taken my place beside her as joint-queens of Denocte. While Israfel will handle the more defensive, and lawful side of things, I will handle the more diplomatic aspects.” 

@Leviathan

@Luvena

Day Court Merchant

IT MUST BE LONELY

It's easy for the titan to turn his head and toss it slightly , giving a signal to bring someone over . He's never without some sort of advisor or attendant , as annoying as it is . " Bring us water , thank you . " At least his manners have improved , and he watches them scurry off with a soft clatter of hooves before he turns himself towards Luvena . He's been around enough royals to know that her posture and careful wording are those of someone bred into the royal or noble courts . The sort of poise that comes with being taught to be that way . So she's not only a co-lead of Denocte , but also someone that's a little more suited for the diplomatic roles it holds .

His ears swivel just slightly out of curiosity at her words , and he focuses his good eye on her , all as Enyo rests on his head , watching with a slightly tilted head , and a gleam of sharp yellow eyes . Levi merely lifts a hoof , resting it on its tip while his lips thin into a small line . Oh yes , he had met Israfel , the first to reach out to him and assume he was like his predecessors in Solterra . It had been a rough meeting at the start , neither would bow or give .

He would not grovel for the right to merely exist in peace . War had done enough to him , carving itself into his very bones and soul . The thought of peace is something that's been tempting for a while now .

" Ah . Then you must have heard ; I'm terrible at anything diplomatic . I merely want my court to exist and no longer be labeled as bloodthirsty warmongers , but that seems like too much to hope for , with the damages done between this court and others . " His ears tilt , momentarily , before flicking back as he offers a small roll of his shoulders forward . " Though I am grateful you have yet to threaten me . " A half smirk is given , before he steps aside when the attendant sidles in the shade with water , setting it before Luvena before dipping their head and leaving .

" Drink , before our discussions . I'm certain that talking with a dry throat would be rather annoying , wouldn't it ? "

@Luvena