Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Hell on the Heart

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 22 — Threads: 4
Signos: 15
Dusk Court Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 502 Spring]  |  14.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Rosario (Rose Hivemind)

i'm insane
well, i can feel it in my bones
coursing through my veins,
when did i become so cold?
The vampiric creation tilted her head, the crowd dwindling the later it got. The sun had already begun to set in the distance, lighting up the sky with light, but creating far more shadows for the mare to turn towards. The issues with being a maiden of the night, despite her age and resistance built up, the touch of the sun to her pelt still burned. Valan also couldn't deny the since of disappointment that her odd schedule would keep her from making friends. If there was one thing the vampire craved, it was companionship. True friends to mingle with, to talk to; who wouldn't be afraid of her should she forget herself and laugh with fangs on display.

Instead, she feels herself deflate as the crowd things more and more, until she begins to feel like the solo member out to greet the approaching night. She's so lost in her own thoughts, it's hardly a surprise when the voice startles her. Her head snaps up, rose-hued eyes turning to the pale creation with a large canine by her side. Blinking once, twice, and then thrice, the vampiric mare finally allowed of a soft smile, amused, "Fret not, child; there is hardly a cause to apologize. I'm to your left, but I do appreciate your concern." She pauses then before adding, "And this part of the field is rather open, and vast. I'd say a half dozen meters, at least, of clear space all around you before you'll find the next bit of shrubbery."

Not like the gardens at the manor, that breathed with live plants. The one twisting roses that climbed over her frame like a clinging vine notwithstanding. These vines were still relatively dormant. Clinging close to her hide, but not yet awake as she knew they'd be in due time. They'd been worked hard while she slept, the beloved darlings, and she knew that in time, once they had a decent amount of rest themselves, they to would join her in the real world. But back to the landscape. Valan liked pretty things, perhaps it was leftover from her high class raising back when she was mortal. Fancy accessories, clothing; and elaborate gardens. The simplicity of the outside world wasn't lost to her of course, this open concept wasn't unpleasant . . . but it did make her crave for the comfort of the gardens that would make her feel a little less alone.

But she wasn't alone at this moment, was she? The realization seemed to strike her without warning as she glanced back to the other mare and her little friend, "My name is Valan, child." She greeted kindly, her tone warm, gentle; "What's yours?" A part of her wondered if she should excuse herself and leave. Knew the stories of vampires always on the bad side of interactions of mortals, but she couldn't help but try to be nice, try to make a friend. Not now, not when she was finally able to converse with another individual.

@Elain
for goodness sake
where is my self control?
if home is where my heart is
then my heart has lost all hope
x | x

Messages In This Thread
Hell on the Heart - by Valan - 11-07-2021, 08:05 PM
RE: Hell on the Heart - by Elain - 12-10-2021, 07:54 PM
RE: Hell on the Heart - by Valan - 12-10-2021, 08:32 PM
RE: Hell on the Heart - by Elain - 01-26-2022, 11:01 AM
RE: Hell on the Heart - by Valan - 01-26-2022, 04:48 PM