Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Hell on the Heart

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 22 — Threads: 4
Signos: 15
Dusk Court Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 502 Spring]  |  14.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Rosario (Rose Hivemind)

V a l a n

she's as pretty as a picture
every bit as funny as she is smart 
got a smile that'll hold you together 
and a touch that'll tear you apart 

The mare stood still, her gaze trailing over the fields. Dusk painted the sky, and while the sun wouldn't burn her to ash, it was still uncomfortable for her to be out in, and so she had waited. While the prickly feel of the setting sun was very uncomfortable, she was willing to sacrifice comfort for a chance to interact with those in her new home. 

New home. How odd it felt, to think that again. She had been so confused when her master had so gently nudged her awake, telling her he couldn't let her sleep any longer. So she had woken to a new world, a new age, a new period. She yawned gently to herself, still feeling the effects of her hibernation, still feeling the impact of drowsiness. She shook her head, smiling slightly as she looked out at the fields, at the individuals who seemed to be making their way to their own homes and houses, settling for the night.

To a degree it was disappointing, seeing others reading for bed when she was only beginning to wake herself. She shook her head gently, wild wine curls floating around her with the soft chink of chains around her neck as she meandered into the throng, smiling kindly at those she saw, careful to not flash her fangs, but also looking for anyone who would be willing to talk, communicate, stay a while.

Just one friend now that's she's joined the world of the living again.

when she's yours she brings the sunshine

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Elain
Notes: <3

when she's gone the world goes dark
yeah she's heaven on the eyes
but boy she's hell on the heart

Artwork © Ray-gunz

Played by Offline Briallu [PM] Posts: 21 — Threads: 3
Signos: 1,440
Dusk Court Citizen
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  8 [Year 502 Winter]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: Dark Matter Manipulation  |    Bonded: Eomer (Eastern Snow Dragon)

And a softness came from the starlight and filled me to the bone

Elain had never meant to get caught up in the populated area of the fields, she'd been walking comfortably with Cailerian when the two had wandered into the area. The kirin is careful to stick close to the large dog as well as keeping her tail pulled close to her side, not wanting to risk tripping herself or anyone else. She'd also admit that her tail is pulled tight out of the feeling of anxiety building up in her. She's anything but a fan of being stuck in the middle of a crowd with no idea where she's going. It was never an issue for her in Aklos but at the same time she'd had Faelan and their father to rely on. But here in Novus she has only Cailerian when she wanders out of the Citadel and into other areas inside the Court's borders.

Elain isn't exactly sure how long it takes the two to find the less crowded part of the crowd but to her it feels too long. With her large black dog by her side the kirin takes careful steps, she's no longer as stiff as she had been before but her movements can still give away her lack of sight if one knows what to look for. Her ears twitch at the sound of chains clinking together and causes a look of confusion to pass over her face. It's not the same sound as Cailerian's collar, it's also farther away from the two but the sound it close enough to Cailerian's to throw her off nonetheless.

The duo stop in their place while she tries to understand what has just happened. She's positive her pet is next to her but she's also just heard something similar to what he sounds like. When the large dog presses close to her she feels calmed and her confusion is replaced by curiosity. Elain is careful in her steps, approaching where the sound had come from until she realizes it's coming towards her and she's, in fact, not following it. When she realizes this she's quick to warn the being who's making the sound that she's not sure where they are entirely. "Excuse me but which side are you on? I don't mean to disturb you but I don't want to hit you and I don't know how small of an area we're in." She feels somewhat like a fool asking where they are and her ears tip back as if to express this feeling.

"Talk."
Thoughts
Eomer

Tags »@Valan
Voice » Lily Collins
OOC » I'm so, so sorry for the wait! 

The Paragon Child
x | x

Mild force & magic permitted within reason
Gather courage like wildflowers

Dusk Court Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 502 Spring]  |  14.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Rosario (Rose Hivemind)

i'm insane
well, i can feel it in my bones
coursing through my veins,
when did i become so cold?
The vampiric creation tilted her head, the crowd dwindling the later it got. The sun had already begun to set in the distance, lighting up the sky with light, but creating far more shadows for the mare to turn towards. The issues with being a maiden of the night, despite her age and resistance built up, the touch of the sun to her pelt still burned. Valan also couldn't deny the since of disappointment that her odd schedule would keep her from making friends. If there was one thing the vampire craved, it was companionship. True friends to mingle with, to talk to; who wouldn't be afraid of her should she forget herself and laugh with fangs on display.

Instead, she feels herself deflate as the crowd things more and more, until she begins to feel like the solo member out to greet the approaching night. She's so lost in her own thoughts, it's hardly a surprise when the voice startles her. Her head snaps up, rose-hued eyes turning to the pale creation with a large canine by her side. Blinking once, twice, and then thrice, the vampiric mare finally allowed of a soft smile, amused, "Fret not, child; there is hardly a cause to apologize. I'm to your left, but I do appreciate your concern." She pauses then before adding, "And this part of the field is rather open, and vast. I'd say a half dozen meters, at least, of clear space all around you before you'll find the next bit of shrubbery."

Not like the gardens at the manor, that breathed with live plants. The one twisting roses that climbed over her frame like a clinging vine notwithstanding. These vines were still relatively dormant. Clinging close to her hide, but not yet awake as she knew they'd be in due time. They'd been worked hard while she slept, the beloved darlings, and she knew that in time, once they had a decent amount of rest themselves, they to would join her in the real world. But back to the landscape. Valan liked pretty things, perhaps it was leftover from her high class raising back when she was mortal. Fancy accessories, clothing; and elaborate gardens. The simplicity of the outside world wasn't lost to her of course, this open concept wasn't unpleasant . . . but it did make her crave for the comfort of the gardens that would make her feel a little less alone.

But she wasn't alone at this moment, was she? The realization seemed to strike her without warning as she glanced back to the other mare and her little friend, "My name is Valan, child." She greeted kindly, her tone warm, gentle; "What's yours?" A part of her wondered if she should excuse herself and leave. Knew the stories of vampires always on the bad side of interactions of mortals, but she couldn't help but try to be nice, try to make a friend. Not now, not when she was finally able to converse with another individual.

@Elain
for goodness sake
where is my self control?
if home is where my heart is
then my heart has lost all hope
x | x

Dusk Court Citizen
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  8 [Year 502 Winter]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: Dark Matter Manipulation  |    Bonded: Eomer (Eastern Snow Dragon)

I crave a life filled with magic in the smallest of things

Elain's ears prick forward when the other mare speaks, she can tell that the other one is shorter than her. It's a rarity for her to be taller than others and because of this the albino blinks a bit in surprise. A soft smile appears on her face while she bows her head in thanks for the information. "I'm grateful for the information, thank you greatly." With a small chuckle her smile brightens before she cracks a small joke. "You've kept me from possibly walking into anything or tripping."

There's a small pause before the shorter one speaks again; giving Elain her name and asking for her own. "It's a pleasure to meet you Valan, I am Elain. Though if you prefer you can call me Elle." Her head tips slightly to the side in curiosity as to why Valan has been calling her ''child.'' "May I ask why you've called me child? You don't sound much older than me. Are you perhaps like my friend Reliquary and older than expected?" Her curiosity is evident in her voice; the soft tone is flooded with her curiosity. Elain's large dog picks up on this tone which causes his own head to tip slightly to the side before he tries to sneak closer to Valan in an attempt to ''investigate'' her.

"Talk."
Thoughts
Eomer

Tags »@Valan
Voice » Lily Collins
OOC » Omg I'm so sorry for how late this is and the shortness!

The Paragon Child
x | x

Dusk Court Entertainer

i'm insane

The vampiress smiled softly, glancing up at the pale dame that seemed like purity and light personified. A momentary pause had her wondering what that may make her. A creature of darkness, bred from blood lust and fear. Unwilling to die. If this ivory and blush creation was purity and light, was the death and despair?

She shakes such unwelcome thoughts from her mind when the lovely stranger smiles with softness, a gentle bow to her head, her words bright, youthful, Valan would even consider calling it naive. Once upon a time, Valan herself held those same qualities before she had died, "I am always grateful to help. I wouldn't dream of risking your miss-step." She replied with a playful tone before names were finally exchanged.

Elain. or Elle. What a soft name for such a peaceful being. And then this gentle creature of purity had to question the use of child. Valan cannot help but laugh, shaking her head and causing the delicate golden chains around her neck to twinkle and chime, "You'll have to forgive me if I have insulted you. I am afraid I am far, far, far older than I may appear, or rather sound, to another." The vampire admitted, even as she glanced curiously to the canine, her ears perking with subtle curiosity, "And who is this companion who chaprones you, miss Elain?" The vampire asked curiously.

@Elain
for goodness sake
x | x

Dusk Court Citizen

And a softness came from the starlight and filled me to the bone

There's a kindness, a softness even, that Elain can feel in Valan's voice. And a wisdom she would assume only comes from time, or hardships, maybe even both. She can't exactly place where that wisdom comes from because, of course, she is not Valan. Just as much as she can't accurately guess someone's personality just from the voice, but Elain likes to think that she can get a feel for them via their tones. That it's her way of seeing, and to Elain she's currently looking at a gentle, vibrant creature. Though if you were to ask her she would admit to be confused as to how one can sound both full of infinite wisdom and a vibrant youth.

There's a smile when Valan tells Elain that she's happy to help and wouldn't dare to risk the kirin miss-stepping. "You're very kind Valan and...gentle? I think. At least, that's what I hear from your tone and your words. A kind hearted mare, one should be so lucky as to have your help and for that I shall count myself as the lucky one!" Her tone is bright though there is a heft to her words, a subtle seriousness in them. You might even say a brutally kind softness. 

There's a momentary surprise on her face when Valan laughs before she herself laughs with the vampire mare as well. At least until she asks for forgiveness if there's been any insult, causing Elain to shake her head in shock. "No, no! You haven't insulted me at all Valan, I was merely curious as to the reason. Though it would make sense why you'd call me child give that you are older than you sound. You must be like Reliquary then, he is also old in age." Her ears tip back at the thought of her giant friend and how he's mentioned losing people due to his age, and a sadness washes over her soft face. "I...don't mean to be rude but he's said before that old age has meant he's lost others and I can only assume that you have too? Yet you still sound so youthful, how strong you must be Valan is admirable." She can't hide the sorrow and concern that fills her words though she shakes it away when the attention is turned to Cailerian. The large dog returns Valan's curiosity with his own, trying to ''nose'' at her subtly. "Ah he's Cailerian, I don't know where he came from to be honest. He showed up one day but he's very faithful. Please excuse him if he's nosy."

"Talk."
Thoughts
Eomer

Tags »@Valan
Voice » Lily Collins
OOC » I'm so, so sorry for the wait! 

The Paragon Child
x | x

Dusk Court Entertainer

i'm insane

Valan was relatively aware at this point, just what she seemed to be in another's eyes when they learned who she was. She knew at her first smile, others would stare. She knew when the wind ruffled through curls of wine, others would reach towards those wild locks. She knew when another saw the pointed canines, they would recoil in fear. She knew when they looked into her rose-tinted eyes, they would see a predator's gleam. What they didn't see was the way she tried to duck her head, when those wild curls flew, to control them before they could flick another in the face. Or the way her gaze softened softly with her smile, warm and alive in a way her body wasn't. The didn't see the joy, and laugh lines in her smile, just beyond those canines. And they didn't see the pleading look in her eyes as they screamed monster while gathering the pitch forks.

And so, talking to Elain could be a delight already - because this soft little mare wouldn't see the horrors painting her a monster, a hungry lion ready to pounce. Instead she heard kindness and wisdom in her voice. She could feel a vibe at the real personality buried beneath the looks that came from being a creature of the night. The desire to be alive again. The desire to be just like anyone else. To feel the sunlight kiss her skin, or to embrace the delight of a warm piece of bread, fresh from the oven. Would she ever be able to do those things again? Could she ever hope to reach out steal a bun from beneath dear Thomasin's gaze, playfully pouncing out of reach to eat the stolen prize? Flirting and playing in a way the beloved little flower should be played with.

Would she always have to be careful, keep a distance to protect her? So she continues to distract herself with Elain, so as to avoid the pain of want in her chest, "That is very kind of you to say, Miss Elain." The vampire whispers, demure and polite in the face of such a compliment. "I am not aiming to present myself in such a way - I just wish to assist others when I can. But I thank you for the praise regardless." She replies with a closed-lipped smile, as if by hiding her canines she can deny her existence.

Instead she laughs, and offers an apology for calling another child - a bad habit she has picked up from the other vampires, certainly. This little slip of a mare didn't seem to mind, with those ivory eyes catching the vampiress's attention with in the blush-tinted features. There is no obscuring in those gaze, Elain is truthful when she says it's not bothersome, just curious, and Valan allows a relaxed smile to return to her face, "I cannot know for sure, how much like your friend I may be. I'm sure we all have our own stories to share for how we are the way we are." She replies.

Her world stops at the other's mention however, and she pauses when the other explains she doesn't mean to be rude, but if she is like the other, she must have experienced loss, and her strength was admirable. Valan felt her muzzle go dry with the scent of smoke, and the heat of flames. The words echoing in her head as her new husband told her how he had already killed her lover and best friend. Valan swallows against the lump that clogs her throat, "[color=#a70029][b]I fear it's less about being strong, or admirable, Miss Elain; and more about knowing to mourn for all of eternity is not the way I wish to live my second chance.
" She admits quietly. "Those who leave us are never truly gone, however. And it is that fact that allows me to carry on." Rafie didn't walk beside her, but he lived in her heart, in her memories.

Her attention returns to the canine and she blinks curiously when he is introduced, as the creature noses at her. Cailerian, hmm. "Oh, he is of no concern. Lovely creature, but polite despite his . . . nosiness as you so put it." She smiles warmly, "Most animals are not so friendly with me. He is a relief to meet." To not growl at a predator and potential threat to his master, and instead appear so friendly . . . yes, she was pleased to have met the both of them.

@Elain
for goodness sake
x | x