Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Let the stars guide you

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Modes

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 33 — Threads: 8
Signos: 5
Night Court Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Winter]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

There is still a long way…

A flurry of emotions was making the fae mare flee the crush of her court. She loved having a place to belong, but she was still struggling over the pain from the news that had been shared with her. The failures that she had clearly let happen. Shaking her head, she braided her mane to make sure it was properly put up and then tucked the colors into a whirl of black. A black cloak hid her acidic gossamer wings and helped to ward off the child that plagued her when upset. 

The fae stalked through the court, her movements almost predatory and hinting at the darker court that she had once called home. Her court was ruthless, sly, hunters in the darkness. And that darkness seemed to be haunting her. Her arrival at the lake shocked her, the mare’s vivid eyes widening at the shimmer of the sunlight on the calm waters. 

Dipping her head, she took a long drink and then let some of her tension fade from her form. It was like her body was primed for a new wave of bad news and it was enough to make her not even want to look at anything. Sighing, she began to casually nibble on the grass and enjoy the quiet.

@‘Veil Nebula’
"Speaking."
Notes:

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 12
Signos: 125
Vagabond Monk
Female [She/Her/They/Theirs]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  15.1 hh  |  Hth: 46 — Atk: 14 — Exp: 69  |    Active Magic: Stellar Divination  |    Bonded: N/A

V e i l N e b u l a
Visions of your pretty face send me into hyper space
Caught up in a palentary world
The star was on the move.

A striking vibrancy of light with no end goal in sight, just a need to see, to explore, to not feel trapped in the heated biome that was the desert she was living. She liked Day Court, because it was where Jane was. She enjoyed the space of air, the way the heat would caress her from the Sol who warmed this planet. But like all stars in the sky, Sol no longer spoke to her. There where times, yes, when she might feel a whisper from one of the galactic beings against her mind, where she could swear they were sharing secrets with her. But whenever she would focus on that whisper, it would be gone again.

Her abilities to read the universe was returning.

She could look at the night sky, and it would tell her what was to come. She could interpret the signs of the universe, the sensing of deja vu that would clear her into what was to come in the next few hours, or even next few days. It wasn't like it used to be, however, that connection wasn't back yet. What Veil didn't understand, what her siblings cried out for her to realize, was that she hadn't lost herself when she was grounded. Only by accepting that she wasn't lost from the universe, would the universe let her in once more. And she was so close, and yet. so far away.

So she had taken to traveling through, and around; Denocte.

Where the lights and jolliness of the market reminded her of the activity in a nebula, the crushing of celestial beings in a galaxy, the mischevious, mysterious secrets the universe held, she could feel here. And she was starting to hear whispers, of thanks, of holiness, of something special. Caligo. It didn't have the same meaning as Solis, when that name was whispered in Solterra, but there was the start of pondering, the start of wondering what these words, no names; belonged to. It was that wondering that would lead her to Venear Peak in the near future. Just not yet.

The star still didn't yet understand enough.

A figure crossed her vision in the distance, a black cloak that seemed to highlight predatory steps that had a sense of alarm springing up in her thoughts. There was a flash, a connection again, her magic feeding her into a broader mindscape that briefly supplied images to her mind she had never seen, large-toothed felines stalking prey through an arid savannah. Danger, that's what those movements whispered. And yet, the darkness was intriguing, the darkness this being seemed to wrap themselves in like a cloak - like she did with the star dust, with the galaxies, with the universe.

She approached slowly, as the other stopped by the lake.

Her steps where light, wafting the soft fluidity of the star dust off of her form, like the shedding of another skin. Ironic that what she was shedding was her truest, most authentic form, and it was this compressed form originally crafter from that same star dust that she saw as the mask, the facade. She had a long way to go, yet; to accept herself. She shifts her weight, finally making her steps notable as delicate hooves dipped into the sand, alerting the stranger of her presence, pink galactic eyes curious, but as friendly and gentle as the naive smile upon her features.

Hello. Atleast talking was easier now.

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Absynthe
Notes:: <3 <3 <3

Breathin' in you give me air, I'm living on your solar flare
Could you be my super nova girl?

Artist Credit to Sephinta

Night Court Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Winter]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Syn flicked her ears at the sounds of soft footsteps. The only one that would be approaching her was likely to be Caelum, but Syn was not ready to face her cousin again. Not yet. Taking a few panicked breaths, she mastered her facade and let the cool darkness of her heart calm to at least the appearance of steady. 

"Cael…" She started as she began to turn, though the voice that met her was not familiar. Spinning quickly, she gazed at the other figure with wide acid eyes. "Oh… You are not who I expected to see. I am glad." She murmured softly, her words slipping into that of her proper upbringing. Caelum would be proud that she still remembered how to speak properly. 

"I apologize. Hello. I am Absynthe Froste, though most simply call me Syn." She introduced herself, feeling curiosity welling deep in her heart at the sight of this unusual creature. Mare… The voice and scent told her that much at least. Flicking her ears forward, she let herself warm a bit as she waited for a response. The fae was relieved that it wasn’t Caelum, and yet she found herself longing for the familiar comfort of her cousin. Shaking the thoughts away, she let herself relax in the presence of the unknown being. 

@‘Veil Nebula’
"Speaking."
Notes:

Vagabond Monk
Female [She/Her/They/Theirs]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  15.1 hh  |  Hth: 46 — Atk: 14 — Exp: 69  |    Active Magic: Stellar Divination  |    Bonded: N/A

V e i l N e b u l a
The star-spun being stood silent.

Her approach was noted, she'd seen that when the ears had flicked back, and the other appeared ready to go into a panic, before seeming to settle their emotions. Veil watched this all curiously, eyes observing the other's reactions, how the mask slid into place, how they appeared to calm themselves - at least in appearance. But she doubted that peace ran soul deep. Perhaps it was instinct, perhaps it was her own unique magic sending her patient cues, hints, what to expect. The mare started to speak, as she turned around before pausing, and that spin came faster, until pink, galactic eyes met the emerald of the mare before her.

Veil tilted her head to the side.

She'd not been who the other had thought, had expected. That much was obvious she spoke, the sounds she made were soft, and seemed almost melodic to the young star who was only beginning to grasp communications. Unfortunately, there was not much she knew in the words. You, I, am. The two sentences spoken, and she understood three whole word. It was almost startling to the young star how far she had to go, to understand, to comprehend the noises those on this rock made. Three words out of many, four if you counted the basic grasp that was more like a loose idea of the meaning of the sound, 'see'.

Veil's magic always helped to fill in the blanks.

It aided her, it filled her with emotions, of confusion, a sense of not quite lost - but . . . of surprise. Further cementing in her mind that the other must-have commented about not being who was expected to approach. A brie moment of concern crossed her features, wondering if she was crashing a meeting of friends, or lovers; if she should have kept her distance, but then she remembered the second sentence. 'I am [relief, gratitude, the feeling of a pained smile].' She wasn't who the other expected would approach her - but this odd, dark mare was . . . relieved by it? Then the other spoke again.

More words she could barely understand, but this time, more.

'I [shame, regret, the same emotions she connected to 'sorry']. Hello. I am [identifier sound],' then came a whole slew of noises, more than she could hope to understand, comprehend just yet. But it ended with a shorter identifier noise. The noises they assign themselves. Just as she was The Veil Nebula, the one across from her was 'Syn.' Hello. She repeated the greeting from before, but this time, she smiled gently, trying to appear gentle, reassuring.

She paused briefly, considering what to say next.

She supposed introducing herself was the best, as she dipped her head gently, star dust falling from her forelock obscuring her gaze briefly, I am The Veil Nebula. She paused again, before that smile returned, offering the shortened version with the same tone, the same voice that spoke of a wisdom beyond her meager years, a soul as old as time; Veil. Her muzzle then dropped, pausing, her expression shifting, trying to figure out the words to use to express the concern she felt for the other.

You . . . fine? Awkward combination, but it was the best she had.

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Absynthe

Night Court Entertainer

There was something magnetic about the creature before her, something that drew her in on a level she hadnt experienced before. A soft smile graced her features as she noted that the mare was not upset with her. There was something in those eyes that was wise, older than time almost. No that Syn had any idea of her past. 

There was an edge of confusion that seemed to radiate from the mare, making Syn more curious. It was a strange draw to the mare that had been hiding in the cold depths of her own heart. The repeated hello, made her smile. The feeling was odd after the turmoil that she had been drowning in.

"I am happy to meet you, Veil." She said, trying to choose words that might make more sense to the mare. Syn had a feeling that there was a language barrier. Perhaps this mare came from far away. Then the question hit her onyx ears and she felt her heart jerk.

A soft sigh escaped her lips. "Yes... no... I honestly have no idea. My cousin... Well... It has been a bad few weeks." She admitted, fighting the sorrow and rage that were once again crackling under her skin. Shoving the emotions deep, she looked back at the celestial figure and offered a smile. It was interesting that the mare was named after the nebula. The unseelie's tutors had taught her the sky, among many other things.

"How are you?" She asked softly, trying to continue the conversation. If only the mare would give Syn some idea of what language would be easier to converse in. Perhaps the once princess would be able to speak her language better than Veil seemed to speak Syn's.

@‘Veil Nebula’
"Speaking."
Notes: poor oblivious child XD

Vagabond Monk

V e i l N e b u l a
The star was quiet, calm before the stranger.

Although, that had little to do with the stranger; as Veil was typically calm in regards to anything she experienced. Very little could frazzle her, the star easily finding peace in the world. Or perhaps it came from knowledge, a pearl of wisdom derived from old age - from having come from something so much greater than herself. While disconnected, each day she could feel that connection with the beyond strengthening. It was the little things now, the feeling and sense of the world around her increasing and swirling with power and comfort. A knowledge that she wasn't as alone in the world as she had originally anticipated. That the stars still shined, and on occasion, she could hear them whisper.

It made being stuck on the rock easier.

She did seem to continue to struggle to speak with others, to get to know these creatures that dominated this earth. But she was trying. The other returned one of the variants of the return-greeting sounds. The ones that seem to follow up the greeting noises. Words, meanings she hadn't puzzled out yet, so rather than reply, she simply dipped her head in acknowledgment. The mare then spoke again, and it was another instance of only a few words reaching her with any sort of context and meaning, but her magic always helped fill in the blanks, swirling around her with sense and emotions to aid in her understanding. Sensing the sorrow, barely controlled rage. A further sense of struggle, of familial distance like she, herself; often felt towards the stars. The mare was silent for a moment, her gaze traveling up to the sky, merely letting the other get herself under control.

She is silent for a moment, wondering what words she might be able to offer, what sounds.

Then a soft speckle, a shimmer in the sky draws her attention where she knew instinctively the asteroid belt of this system lay (she had, herself; had to transverse it to reach here after all). Her tone, her voice seems older suddenly, feeling that connection briefly flares with the universe, those sense extending out beyond herself; and it's that extension that gives her words more depth, able to borrow knowledge from a larger source to know what sounds to make, even if she couldn't name their meanings. Vesta is dim, but flickering over you. A flicker that strengthens over time. Hardship now, in the familial courts, but perseverance will see what ails those ties healing with time. She blinks after a moment, trying not to flinch as she feels the connection snap again, and she's once more a singular star cut off from the rest.

So instead she turns back to the other.

The question that follows makes her pause, tilting her head, thoughtful, but uncertain before she let her shoulders roll gently into a shrug, trying to remember the combination of words to express a proper answer. Fine. She finally settles on, using a smile to soften the word that sounds harsh in her mind, even as her galactic gaze twirls out into the natural world around her, wings briefly unfurling enough to allow feathers to re-align before settling more comfortably against her sides, dislodging some of the collection of stardust that clung to her flight feathers, suddenly not sure how to continue a conversation, especially when the other seemed so distress and she simply did not have the concept of communication down enough to aid.

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Absynthe

Night Court Entertainer

There was peace with the other being, a sense of calm that was a blessing to the ravaged heart of the fae mare. There was something about her, something that Syn wanted to discover as she let herself breathe. Perhaps the lack of her cousin for a moment wasnt the worst thing. It gave her a chance to reflect on the terrible things that she had said, the oblivious thoughts that had done more harm than good as the younger fae had tried to work through the pain and regrets.

The words from the other being were so unexpected, the tone so different from the one that she had spoken with before. Pricking her ebony ears, Syn tilted her head as she let the words slip through her mind and replay. "Familial hardship is saying it nicely... But I do hope that we can work through it. I dont think I have ever made her this mad before." Syn murmured, dropping her gaze to the acid green hooves that planted her to the earth.

The stardust sparkling in the air caught Syn's eye and she found herself watching the being in wonder. "You are special... and not from around here, are you?" She murmured again, her eyes wide as she took another glance at the mare and really let herself take in Veil's appearance. The oddities that Syn had glossed over.

Perhaps this was why there was an ease around her. Because Veil was not of the courts of home, not the fae viper waiting for a choice tidbit of information to use against her. That was what the unseelie court had been, a pit of power hungry vipers. "If I didnt know any better, I would say that you are a guiding star... Someone to help me navigate this new world and the pain that comes with the past." She mumbled, not expecting the mare to understand or even hear the words that slipped past her painted lips.

@‘Veil Nebula’
"Speaking."
Notes:

Vagabond Monk

V e i l N e b u l a
Veil's ears perked forward, attentive.

This oddly winged creature seemed to be slowly coming to a sense of calm - a transition that Veil didn't quite understand. But for the sake of the other mare, she was glad the other seemed to be finding some sort of peace. Were emotions and feelings so fleeting in these mortals? Shifting and swaying like the reflection of light through a spectrum of colors? Or was it slower, like the changing of types in a star? What was the cause of this shift in emotions?

She didn't have words to ask about it.

So she wrote it off as a question for another time, and instead her ears perked when the other spoke. The words made no sense to the mare, despite she having used many of them not too long ago, and again relied on her magic for blanks to be filled in. Struggles, connections, weakened, hope, prayer, change, friendship, family, bonding. These emotions and feelings are all intermingled with the feeling and sense that it's related less to a generalized group and more about a single individual a 'her' that this one had upset. Friends . . . Family . . . can be painful, can be alone. But, all fine, reconnecting. Family . . . is family. Bonded. The star tried to assure.

Half of her own words she didn't fully know.

But she knew the feelings and emotions her sentence provoked from her magic, and it was what she wanted to try to give, so she hoped that she'd said it all right. Then the other spoke, and Veil tilted her head, recognizing the sound to designate that this Syn was speaking about here. Veil's smile softened, looking away briefly. Home is now Solterra. Stay with Jane, friend. She says simply, before blinking when she hears a much more familiar word. Star. Instantly Veil is smiling softly, her gaze lifting to the sky, not having heard enough of the words said to be able to know what the other was talking about.

But you always here your own name.

And she felt the title star strongly, Not "guiding star". Just . . . star. She says simply, her smile slowly lowering from the sky, and offering a soft smile to Syn, even as she fell silent again. She didn't know what she could do to help further, but, she would at least be honest with this odd mare. Besides, she was proud of who, or rather what she was.

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Absynthe

Night Court Entertainer

Finally feeling like herself in a way that was so pleasant after the chaos that had welled up since she arrived in Novus, Syn found herself beaming at Veil. "You are such an amazing listener. Thank you. And thank you for letting me feel more like my true self. I hav been hiding it for so long that it is both odd and refreshing." She said warmly, not thinking about the difficulties that the other mare might have in understanding her.

Then she spoke and Syn felt like she was filling in the blanks without thinking. "Turmoil with those that are special to you is heartbreaking. It is a pain that is so foreign and unexpected. Reconnecting with those that you love is challenging, but the best feeling that you can experience. Family turmoil is harder to work through, but can make those bonds stronger in the long run. I need to speak to her, but I dont know if we are both in a place to be ready for it. She was upset, at me and at the past, and I was in my own bubble of guilt." She murmured softly, eyes warm on her.

Syn smiled again at the words from the other mare. "I have found that home is less where you are and more of who you are with. You are lucky to have a friend that gives you a home." She murmured, wishing that she had friends here. Since she had arrived, she had felt very adrift. If only friends that she cherished were here with her. A soft sigh escaped her lips and she breathed in the scents around her.

When the mare gazed up at the sky, Syn found herself trying to piece together the thoughts. Just star? "Wait… star… Are you trying to say that you are the Nebula? That you are actually the Veil Nebula here on soil?" She asked, confused and a bit excited at the idea. The stars and nebulas had fascinated the young princess in her studies, something that had stuck with her as the time passed and she grew. Syn found her eyes lifting to the skies, almost as if she could see the stars even in the daylight. 

@‘Veil Nebula’
"Speaking."
Notes:

Vagabond Monk

V e i l N e b u l a

The star tilted her head as the other appeared to praise her for something. Only the sense of gratitude and graciousness alluded that it was praise, and so the galactic lady dipped her head with a faint smile, accepting the words that didn't seem to make any sense in head had - not even the universe seemed fit to try and explain them - merely settling with that gratitude feeling and leaving it at that.

But where even prophecy can be given with ease, it didn't open up the star for understanding. The Universe guided her to what to say, but she herself had no conscious understanding of the words. At least not yet. Not until the universe would guide her to a light, a support system, an individual that would aid in her climb to the sky. But that individual hadn't found her yet. So she was left to just try and find things out herself.

She listens to the other speak, sounds that made no sense, but emotions filly her head with a sense of illness in her belly. So many negative emotions just flooding her and making her feel ill. Feel wrong. Bad. Not good. The star whispers. Not good, not for you. She adds with distinct concern, before tilting her head when the other speaks of home, and friends and the star merely smiles, nodding warmly, Jane . . . Jane good. She agrees softly.

The the other seems to become startled, and the questions come together, confusing the star as she's questioned. Slowly she nods, her head dipping ever so slightly, Yes. The Veil Nebula. Star. She agrees, nodding to the heavens, her muzzle drawing a line to the sky, Home. Real Home. She adds before smiling sadly, Gone now. Looking back to the mare she offers another smile. Now home Solterra. At that word she pauses, looking back to the sky, Jane home soon. Should go." She adds suddenly, smiling sadly - apologetically.

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Absynthe
Notes:: Looking to start wrapping up her can't talk threads haha

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »