Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - scars

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Kaiju [PM] Posts: 11 — Threads: 2
Signos: 780
Vagabond Citizen
Male [he / him]  |  Immortal [Year 499 Fall]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 18  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

YOUR PRAYERS ARE POISON
your pleasure is pain

The world here is ... quiet .

A calm before the storm , the gentle silence before the rage of deities . How many times had he laid eyes on them , before lands had been consumed in the way that deities always do ? Had he gone up in flames , only to emerge on the other side unscathed ?

Would it be this very sea that swallowed the lands , the raging torrents that engulfed the trees and foliage , swallowed every life within their grasp ? Two sets of eyes blink carefully , fixating on the far horizon as the chill of the autumn tucks into his very bones , and he merely tucks his wings in close , tilting his head as he listens to the lapping of ocean water against grainy sands . There would be no holy fire to witness , not today , but he doesn't doubt that it would come , as it always did .

These lands are strange , however . Stepping into them had brought a weariness he hadn't felt in a very long time . In lifetimes and lifetimes , in millennia . The immortality had been sapped from his bones , and for the first time , he feels as if he can breathe , as if he's no longer cursed , but he doesn't hold onto that . He knows that eventually , it will come for him , settle against his body and wrap him , suffocate him as it always had .

Reliquary is no stranger to deities and their whims , nor their wrath . He knows eventually , there will be an immortality to drag him through the next few millennia . He had witnessed the rise of the world , had breathed in the air when it had been so fresh . He had seen the fall of kingdoms , tasted ash on his tongue when he had staggered out of his first home , out of the very fires of the gods . It had burned and melted him away , reformed him on the other side , reborn anew .

A forked tongue passes over his lips , dragging over razor sharp teeth , only to drag back into his mouth again , tasting copper tang from how the enamel had so easily sliced the tongue open .

This land is different , but in its very foundations , there will be deities that bring wrath down again and again , on those that blindly worship . He is merely an outsider , an observer , not too keen on listening or learning about them . But perhaps , staying may prove beneficial , if it keeps the immortality at bay .

For now , he only listens to the sea rage quietly on the autumn day , all four wings tucking in close enough that it looks like he merely has two wings , his head lowering slightly and nose pressing into wet sands to uncover a small shell , puffing air over it and tilting his head just a little .

The small , simple things in life .

How strange , to feel the urge to simply look over them again .

open for anyone !

Played by Offline Briallu [PM] Posts: 21 — Threads: 3
Signos: 1,440
Dusk Court Citizen
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  8 [Year 502 Winter]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: Dark Matter Manipulation  |    Bonded: Eomer (Eastern Snow Dragon)

I held an atlas in my lap, ran my fingers across the whole world
and whispered where does it hurt?

It'd only been a day or two since Liam had brought her to the Dusk Court and given her permission to stay in the Citadel. Even if it was a short time Elain had learned one thing so far: How to get to the entrance and how to get to the small area she was staying at, mainly because it was a straight shot from one place to the other.

She'd planned on learning the area a bit better before truly going out to explore but the knowledge of a beach, and the idea of it being close, reminded her of home on the ports in Aklos. This was enough to draw her out of the large building to try making her way down towards the sound of the waves, her steps overflowing with anxiety while making her way closer. Elain mimicked the way she'd walked on the plains with one hoof reaching out nervously to feel for anything in front of her as well as sturdy ground. Of course she'd had some help by passerby's along the way, guiding her in the right direction to keep her far from the cliffs. One specific mare had stayed with her until she'd reached the beach completely before wishing her luck and a farewell. Immensely grateful for the help the pale kirin had dipped her head in thanks more than once in the direction of their voice. 

She was alone now, stumbling a few times in the sand when she'd occasionally find a small rock hidden. Each time this happens she's quick to right herself, catch her balance from tipping her forward completely into God knows what. Eventually Elain gets a handle on the sand's, pressing her weight down completely with each step to flatten it into a sturdy foundation, and makes sure to drag her hoof across the sand when she checks for anything she could hit. Figuring this out her pace is quicker, she's still careful with each step but she's at least covering ground faster.  

She doesn't realize she's heading towards the large stallion until her ears catch the sound of him puffing air. Elain snaps her head towards the sound, her ears swiveling to catch the exact area of where they are. "Hello, I think." She's not entirely sure how close she is to whoever had made the sound but she'd figure if she was close enough to hear that then she might be encroaching on personal space. Backing up a bit she uses her tail to help find anything behind her, swinging it slightly, until she thinks she's a good distance away. "I'm sorry if I was too close, or if I'm too far away now." The albino is hoping, praying, that she isn't talking to the wind and that someone really is there.

"Talk."
Thoughts
Eomer

Tags »@Reliquary
Voice » Lily Collins
OOC » Hope this is okay! I'm still getting a bit of a feel for her

The Paragon Child
x | x

Mild force & magic permitted within reason
Gather courage like wildflowers

Vagabond Citizen
Male [he / him]  |  Immortal [Year 499 Fall]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 18  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

YOUR PRAYERS ARE POISON
your pleasure is pain

His nose brushes the sand , wet and sticking to the velvet soft skin , almost seeming like it's floating in place on the translucent patch of skin . He blinks , shaking his head a little and furrowing phantom brows when he feels the small grains falling off , tickling almost .

It doesn't take much for his head to lift at the sound of crunching sand , ears swiveling and the middle eye on his face closing . It helps his sight a little more , the other four eyes focusing on a moving figure that's ... walking strangely . He's been around for too long , long enough to recognize someone hard of sight , or blind . His suspicions are confirmed when she comes a little close , his tail dragging through the sand as he swings himself away , wings tucking in tighter against his body .

He's avoided many faces and beings , this would be the first time in a long time he's been caught close enough for some sort of conversation .

It's strange , hearing her voice , and realizing ... she's an innocent . Likely gentle-hearted , making her way through this life as best she can . How odd , that he even cares at the moment .

Fangs bare between his lips , before he snorts again , softer . " You're fine . " He pauses a moment , the deep baritone of his voice seeming to shudder in the air . She's small , but then again , everyone is small when compared to a titan like him , at twenty-three hands .

" Isn't the world a little dangerous for you to be out here alone ? " He's startlingly not being rude when he speaks , his tone more questioning and curious . " I've seen many blind equines in my time , but not one that wanders like you . " Why does he care enough to give an explanation ? Part of him is irritated at himself , all four ears falling back as he grouses internally to himself about it . Why does this matter ? Why is he giving her any sort of time of day ?

He'd rather be alone , as much as he's been over the thousands of years that have waned past him .

@Elain

Dusk Court Citizen
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  8 [Year 502 Winter]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: Dark Matter Manipulation  |    Bonded: Eomer (Eastern Snow Dragon)

and whispered where does it hurt?

For a second she wonders if she was wrong, that no one is there but then there's a soft snort and then they speak. Elain's ears prick forward while surprise washes over her pale face when their voice comes from above her, far above her. She knows she's shorter than most others but she's only felt this small when she was a fresh new babe next to her father. Tiny, that would be the perfect word to compare her to him in size if you were to look at the two. He is larger than life while she is shorter than most those she has met so far.

When he asks if the world is a little dangerous for her, adding that he's seen many like her but none who wander, she gives a small hum in thought. Tilting her head up slightly, with a soft smile, in hopes that it may help him hear her better she gives him the best answer she can. "Yes. But the world is dangerous for everyone else as well." Her ears tip back slightly in uncertainty with her next words."I just want to be able to live and breathe like other equine do. Even if that means I'll walk a little slower than someone else I'll do my best to live the same." There's a hint of determination in her soft tone at the ends, almost like she's making a promise to do her best.

Pulling her tail close to her side Elain shifts her weight slightly, finding a more comfortable standing position on the sands. "May I ask what you were doing? I heard a kind of soft puffing sound." Her ears twitch slightly, still working to pick up other sounds while she stands by the taller stallion. "I'm Elain and if it's not too much trouble may I also ask: How much taller than me are you? I haven't heard a voice that far above me before." Her gentle voice is filled with to the brim with curiosity when she asks. If Elain could see she probably would have been quite amazed at what she saw simply due to the fact that at this moment she is speaking to a Pegasus who is larger than life itself. Something she could never in her life dream up.

"Talk."
Thoughts
Eomer

Tags »@Reliquary
Voice » Lily Collins
OOC » <3 she's got so many questions just building up

The Paragon Child
x | x

Vagabond Citizen

YOUR PRAYERS ARE POISON
your pleasure is pain

Everyone is small , when it comes to Reliquary . Larger than life and seeming to take up the entire space he occupies , he very much doubts she would stay anywhere near him if she could actually see him . Not many tended to stay near him , and his attitude and cold stare didn't help that . But it was just how it was , and he doesn't mind it . It gives him peace .

All four ears tilt forward as she speaks , and his original assumption about her being too gentle-hearted for a world like this flew out the window . " Not for everyone . " There were those such as himself that held no fear of the world , and no longer saw it as any sort of danger . Even being mortal now , he fears nothing that comes at him . Not a surprise , all things given . But lips purse a moment , teeth gleaming through the skin as he tilts his head toward her , just slightly . " Determination can be foolish in this world , but you may have the strength to push through it . " His voice echoes in the air , and he merely watches her with a sort of faint curiosity .

He doesn't expect the questions , and it shows in the way his wings twitch and his body stiffens . He hasn't had to talk like this in a long time , preferring to stick to himself , and he frowns before licking his lips with his forked tongue once more , wetting the dry skin . "Only brushing off a seashell . " A simple enough answer , and he wouldn't go around lying about it .

Once upon a time , he had seen the beauty in the world , in every little thing . Now he only sees the temporary existence of any of them .

Another question leaves him baffled , and he presses his cloven hooves into the sands a moment , feeling the claws spread slightly . " I am Reliquary , " he starts , before his head lifts a little , letting out a laugh that could actually be considered 'amused' in tone . " I'm plenty taller than you , Elain , and anyone else in this land , it seems . I'm twenty-three hands in height , in all , not counting wings and other accessories . " He shifts his weight then , growing more comfortable instead . She isn't judging him , and for that , he supposes he could spare a little more time .

@Elain
crying over how sweet she is lsdlskdjf Reliq doesn't know how to handle it omg

Dusk Court Citizen

Her brow furrows in confusion when he say's it's not dangerous for everyone, until a sadness washes onto her face. "Do you mean the immortal beings?" Pausing she gives a slight sigh, trying to shake the sadness from her voice. "How sad...They must be awfully lonely." Elain feels a heavy sorrow for them settle into her chest and it bleeds into her voice with her next words. "But what about the ones that aren't immortal? Isn't there more than physical danger out there? Like dangers to the soul or the heart." Maybe it's due to her gentle nature but to her the idea seems lonely, sorrowful, and even a pain of its own. The pale mare's thoughts and sadness are tempered by the unknown stallion, his words causing a soft - but genuine - smile to replace the previous expression. "Thank you, I'll do my best to be strong enough to push through this world." 

Her ears prick forward at the information that he was brushing a seashell and Elain can't help but smile brighter at the idea of some giant being gentle with a shell. She herself takes a step forward, lowering her head to press it into the sands and try to find the shell. When her nose bumps it the albino kirin is gentle with it, softly running her nose against the top while her ears twitch. A soft hum escapes her throat while lifting her head back up.  "It feels kind of like my scales but grooved. I wonder how it looks." Looking up Elain's head tilts slightly to the side in curiosity. "Do you tend to care for smaller things like seashells?" She's fairly certain that she's ended up closer to him when she started her search for the shell. In the back of her mind she's aware that he's the quickest soul she's warmed up to in Novus so far, comfortable enough to let her tail draw away from her side and rest on the sand. As far as Elain is aware he's no threat to her, if anything she'd say he seems incredibly harmless to her.

Listening to him she commits his name to memory "It's a pleasure to meet you Reliquary." The tall Pegasus's laugh draws out a bright smile from her that slowly shifts into an expression of awe with the information of his height, wings, and accessories. She can't stop the soft gasp of amazement and then the laugh she lets out. "I guess I've been talking to your chest then even with my head tilted up." Elain's tail swings behind her slightly and she tips her ears back in slight embarrassment. "You must look...magical then. Are you a benevolent God or some heavenly being Reliquary? I'm embarrassed to say I wish I could see what you look like, I think you'd match your voice: Kind."

"Talk."
Thoughts
Eomer

Tags »@Reliquary
Voice » Lily Collins
OOC » <3 

The Paragon Child
x | x

Vagabond Citizen

YOUR PRAYERS ARE POISON
your pleasure is pain

The immortal beings . All four ears twitch at that , golden eyes fixating on her small frame , dragging up to her face , seeing the sadness play across her features when she speaks about loneliness . " The loneliness goes away after a while . It simply becomes something that blurs together . " Something inconsequential . Loneliness has become something he's learned to ignore . After all , the gods of any land , of all lands , had deemed to curse his life no matter where he had stepped , and he had simply accepted it after a while . Being alone was something he just ... learned to accept .

There's a slow blink , and he tilts his head at her next words , feeling a subtle pang in his chest that he hasn't felt in years and years . Centuries maybe . Eons ? In times before the fall of ash and the heat of divine fires . " I suppose those dangers are out there , for those that are not equipped to deal with it , or allow themselves to fall into it . Though it is not dangerous , if they learn to handle it right . " Love , loss . Death . It's all a part of life , all things that happen . He has learned to simply accept it , and learned to expect it to happen ever since the first time .

Reliq draws in a slow breath when she suddenly draws in close , legs stiffening , wings clenching tight to his barrel as he watches her with a curious gleam to black and gold eyes . No one has gotten close to him , not for a long time , but many have feared him . But she's blind , so it makes sense she would draw close to him without knowing . She doesn't know what he looks like , she cannot fear what she cannot see . In some way , he envies her . Without thinking , he opens his mouth to answer her . " It's an off pink , almost . Small , grooved , like you said . Shaped like a tear . It's a very strange shell , which is why I was curious about it . " He blinks at her question however , finding himself somewhat flustered internally . In a way , he does care for smaller things , because he's growing somewhat protective over her , despite only having just met her .

Someone as pure as her deserves better than a wicked and unkind world such as this . " Sometimes I do care for smaller things , yes . But everything is smaller , when it comes to me , so it's a broad spectrum . "

There's an expression of almost startled proportions on his face at her words , his ears all drawing back at once when she speaks and calls him a benevolent God , heavenly . It's almost ironic , truly . " I ... am not , sadly , Elain . If you could see me , I'm sure you'd run the other way . Many would call me a nightmare , more than anything . But aren't Gods and deities creatures that mortals shouldn't behold ? Creatures that aren't soft or gentle looking ? " He snorts , and lowers his head a little , only to bump his transparent nose gently against her cheek , resting it there a moment . " Feel for yourself . " He fears perhaps that he will scare her , if she finds out just how he looks , even if she feels .

@Elain
w e e p i n g

Dusk Court Citizen

Listening to him her ears tip back with the feeling that he's talking from experience, familiar with the loneliness and Elain wants to reach out to comfort him but keeps herself from doing such. Instead she offers a comforting smile with gentle earnest words that she hopes will offer some kind of comfort to him. "I don't mean to overstep but...it sounds like you have some kind of experience with that and if you're ever lonely I'd like you to know that you're welcome to find me. I'd gladly spend time with you, even if you're not lonely." Shifting a bit she motions towards the way she'd come from with hopes that the Citadel was in view. "I'm not sure if it's visible or if I showed you the right direction but there's a Citadel in the Dusk Court and that's where I live currently. So if you'd ever want company you can certainly find me there, my room is a straight shot from the main doors so it's the easiest to find I think." Perhaps she's over-stepping by telling him where she's living and that he's always welcome in the room Liam had given her but Elain can't help but want to comfort him, to offer her time to him.

Her ears relax, pricking forward to listen intently to him so that she can absorb his words about how it's not dangerous if you can learn to handle it. Pale head tilting slightly to the side she mulls over his words with a serious expression and a soft hum comes from her. "Are you one of them? The kind of being who's learned how to handle such pains? I think my father Amrod, though I never met him, was like that from what my father I grew up with told me and my twin brother." Elain feels a pain in her at the idea that he's possibly suffered those pains and grown to learn how to handle them. But how do you handle pain like that? As much as she wants to know the answer to that she holds the question back, she doesn't want to possibly cause him any pain if the question were to touch a wound. The pale kirin decides that she'll ask it another time if she ever gets the chance.

Hearing his breath she wonders if she's gotten too close and is about to apologize when he described the shell to her. It sounds like a pretty shell to her and it makes sense why he'd be curious about such an odd shell. "Sounds to me like it could almost be one of my scales if it was smooth and metal." Elain can't help the small chuckle that escapes her at the idea of a shell similar in looks to how her scales had been described to her. Her ears twitch when he says that he does sometimes care for smaller things, and that everything is smaller than him which makes her laugh brightly with a nod. "I guess it would be a broad spectrum with how tall you are, I feel that you could reach heights I couldn't imagine reaching. I think the things that fall into that spectrum must be lucky to have you care for them then." 

Her ears tip back at his words with the feeling of both sadness and anger building up in her chest. Her sadness is from his thought that she'd run away and her anger is at the idea that others think of him in such a way. Why would they call him a nightmare? She can't help the harsh snort from her and the way her tail swings sharply. "I promise you I wouldn't run Reliquary, I think we are more than how we look. It's cruel that they would call you a nightmare and they'd be wrong. If anyone should ever call you such a thing then they are a fool and surely they would be blind instead of me." She hums in thought about the Gods and how they look before she settles on her opinion. "I think you're right, that we aren't supposed to behold them. But I wonder if maybe each one looks different? Perhaps the appearance of the God depends on what they represent?" Elain is startled by the sudden touch to her cheek followed by the permission to feel what he looks like. She can feel the warmth from him spread on her cheek, making her chest seize up a bit in a way she doesn't understand.

Stepping closer the albino runs her nose across his face carefully from his own nose up to his forehead, feeling the multiple eyes. Softly humming in thought she steps closer to stretch her neck and reach higher up to his ears where she counts four in long length. The whole time she feels Reliquary her chest tightens by the second. Elain is taking the chance to commit his touch to memory, store it away in her mind while she comes to stand next to him with her nose running the length of his neck. She can feel that his mane is thick with a texture like her own, something that makes her smile with the knowledge that she shares that with the giant. The albino stops when she reaches his wings, surprised by the leathery feel of them and that he has what feels like two instead of one tucked by his side. Pulling away she gently touches his cheek with her own nose and a smile. "I was right. You feel kind and...gentle. Excessively tall but everyone is tall to me so I'm bias about height." Frowning she tips her ears back slightly. "How could anyone call you or even think of you as a nightmare Reliquary? An otherworldly appearance I'd understand but a nightmare? I can't imagine that. You feel kind and comforting, nothing like I'd imagine a nightmare to feel."

"Talk."
Thoughts
Eomer

Tags »@Reliquary
Voice » Lily Collins
OOC » <3 

The Paragon Child
x | x

Vagabond Citizen

YOUR PRAYERS ARE POISON
your pleasure is pain

He knows he shouldn't have opened his mouth , shouldn't have said the first word about loneliness , but it's something that he's grown used to . Grown entirely accustomed to . It's simply ... how it is . Being immortal for thousands of years , he had learned to deal with it , and that it simply came with the divine curse that the deities had bestowed upon him as they laughed from on high , peering down from their clouds and ivory towers . He doesn't really know why it's so easy to talk to her about these things , to open up , when he's been nothing short of a locked fortress for centuries at this point . " I've lived a lot longer than there have been generations in these lands , and other lands , " he admits in a low tone , ears falling back a moment as he blinks in surprise at her offer , a low chuckle seeping from his throat . " Your offer is kind , but I do not want to simply appear in your home , and frighten all that live there . I belong to no court in particular at this time , and I think my looks would scare quite a few . "

Again , another lick with a thick forked tongue over drying lips at her words as he ponders , looking thoughtful more than anything when she asks him . He shouldn't reveal anything to her , shouldn't tell her anything at all . Why should he spill out what has happened to him to a stranger ? Why does he feel the need to , why is he so comfortable around her ? " Yes , I am one of them . I've had many things happen , and I've simply grown accustomed to them . " Because it was all he could do . One could only suffer losses so many times before the numbness settled in . Too many deaths , too many heartbreaks . He's grown weary of them and the world . Funny , how just now he's lost his immortality , and finds that he doesn't care either way if he's still around or not . He doubts this new mortality will last . In some way or another , the gods will notice , and he will be cursed once more .

All four ears flick forward toward her to listen , tilting his head just slightly , his wings all tucking in close as he hears her chuckle . Soft on the wind , gentle . Someone like her shouldn't be out here . The world is cruel and cold and the gods could always strike without warning , and he doesn't want to see someone like her taken away . She reminds him too much of another soft mare that had softened his edges a long time ago , one that had been sucked away from him , taken away in the lands as they raged in fires and earthquakes , as they fell apart and turned to naught but ash before his very eyes . As he watched it all be taken away . " Being this tall isn't all fun and games . Imagine walking into a doorway . It can be difficult sometimes . They aren't built for the likes of me . " He refuses to let his thoughts cloud the conversation , instead going with the more lighthearted path , chuckling a little as he draws up a mental image of himself attempting to fit through an archway . He's tried recently , and it didn't work too well in his favor .

Sharpened teeth bring themselves into a smile at the way she responds , how she grows a little irritated at the way he words himself a nightmare . However , she cannot see , therefore , she does not judge . Many that have seen him on first glance have locked up in fright and simply turned away and walked in the other direction . This is the most he's talked to near ... well . Anyone , in a very long time . It's almost refreshing as it is baffling . " We are more than how we look , but many do not think that . " He hums it in response against her cheek , drawing his head back just a little , to let her feel her way across his face . Multiple eyes close where she touches , reopening as she passes them by , moving too his ears . He doesn't move , allowing her to touch and roam , to map out his features , even lowering his head more as well as he can , even feeling her reach his wings before she draws away , coming back to bump his cheek with her nose. He blinks in surprise at that , not pulling away , only laughing soft and low at her conclusion .

" You feel how I have my extra features , but you do not see the other things that I have . The sharp golden teeth , the forked tongue . The see through skin on my face and legs and chest , and golden bones there , the black eyes with golden irises , the glowing gold crown of light .. the draconic tail , the cloven hooves . The cracked golden veins on my wings , all on a black body . " He turns his head toward her , gently pressing his nose to hers , assuring her that his nose is very much there , despite admitting having a skull that is seen . " They see me and simply see what looks like a god , and they go the other way . But it has been that way for thousands of years , Elain . You are the first that I have talked to in a very long time . I .. have been like this for as long as I can remember , since the gods made me this way . But you , you are the first to talk to me and not judge me , all because you cannot see me . The world is a cruel place sometimes , but you ... my dear , have given me a spark of hope , that there is something that could be good in it again . I've seen far too many things go wrong , but you have shown me that perhaps not all of it is that bad ." A deep breath , and he closes his eyes a moment , sighing gently . " Thank you . "

@Elain

Dusk Court Citizen

Elain listens carefully to him, wondering just how old he actually is. Is he older than Aklos? Surely if he's older than the generations of equine here than he'd be older than those in Aklos too. She can't help when her head tilts to the side slightly with her curiosity building up, an odd habit that she unknowingly shares with her grandmother. "Does that mean you've seen many lands? I wonder what that would be like, to travel and experience all types of things." Ears tip back slightly at his words, easily giving away that she's thinking of something until her ears snap forward again when a thought enters her mind. "Well maybe I can sneak you in then or we can find a way to send messages so we can meet at places if you're worried. Although I will say that if anyone isn't friendly then I'll just deal with them." The tone of her voice is determined though of course she doesn't mean physically. Instead, she's more likely to hurt them with kindness and remind them that they're being rude. Elain's brow furrows a bit when thinking about how he doesn't belong to a court, worry spreads across her face and leaks into her voice. "If you don't belong to a court who helps you stay safe? Or do you have somewhere specific where you're safe?" Elain has always worried for others, always been a soft soul with a bleeding heart who would give shelter to a wolf if needed. With Reliquary however she feels more worried than usual, she wants to give him all the comfort she can provide, even a safe place if he doesn't have one. It's similar to the same feelings she's only felt with her brother and father, causing a bit of confusion for the albino due to just meeting him. 

A profound sadness nestles itself in her chest when Reliquary confirms that he is indeed someone who has simply learned to accept things. Elain wishes she could offer him comfort in some possible way, the only kind of comfort she can think of is words. Even if they don't carry much weight she hopes it will be of some solace for the tall pegasus. "I'm sorry for the things that have happened to you but if there is some way I could ever offer you comfort I will do my best. You shouldn't have to carry anything on your own, even if you're accustomed to it." The much smaller kirin offers him a smile in hopes that she's at least been able to offer him some kind of comfort.

For a second she looks surprised before she starts laughing at the idea of him walking into doors because of his height. Elain can't help herself with the words that escape her. "The doors must be out to get you. If it makes you feel better I walked into a tree recently, I've also tripped myself before too but honestly I believe that's just because of my tail." As if to explain what she means the kirin brings her tail close to her side, demonstrating that it's more of an extra appendage than a standard tail. She can hear that the hair on her tail disturbs the sand, dragging across it when she relaxes it and rests it comfortably behind her once again.

She wouldn't lie that she hates knowing he's right that there aren't many in this world who would think the same as them. Elain can't help her frown when she hums back to him in agreement while her ears tip back in a display of slight frustration with her brow furrowing. "I wish there was a way to change that, to somehow get others to see it like we do." She knows that you can't completely change the whole world with a smile and a kind word but she can't help but hope that you can at least change one persons world that way. The pale kirin is careful when feeling him, she doesn't want to risk a stray scale possibly hurting him as she's well aware that a good portion of her is covered in the metal. Reliquary's laugh brings a soft smile to her face, his laugh is somehow comforting to her, it eases her anxiety that she may have sounded like a fool at her conclusion.

Listening carefully to him her brow furrows in slight confusion at the mention of his skull and she only truly reacts when he presses his nose against hers. Normally she'd pull back from fear that the scales on her face could hurt another but instead Elain presses her nose back, and offers a soft smile to him in hopes that it'd be comforting. She'd be the first to admit that she's not sure how to respond to him though she can feel a frustration at the idea of others turning him away simply because of how he looks. Blinking in surprise at his thanks she tips her ears back slightly, admittedly embarrassed that he'd thank her of all creatures. "You sound...like you're from a dream, or an old legend Reliquary. Though I'd admit I'm concerned about your wings, are they injured and that's why you can see the veins?" Frowning slightly her brow furrows in thought. "If they turn the other way over such a thing then they are indeed fools and I pity them. I don't know why the Gods have made you this way but maybe they have some ultimate reason that you haven't found yet?" Elain's eyes close while she smiles gently and a softness, though serious, tone floods her voice. "I think we can see with more than just our eyes, the soul has its own way of seeing things and I like to think that's how I'm able to see you. I'm grateful that I can offer you some form of hope Reliquary, you deserve it and the kindness that the world can offer. If no one else will offer you that kindness then I shall give it to you in ten fold." The young kirin is careful when she presses her nose into his again and opens her eyes. "If you'd like you can call me Ellie and your friend."

"Talk."
Thoughts
Eomer

Tags »@Reliquary
Voice » Lily Collins
OOC » <3 

The Paragon Child
x | x