Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Commands from the shadows

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Shaye

Dark Rogue

Shadows and darkness. They were Shaye’s friends as the rogue did his dirty work. They were the blankets that warmed his cold heart in the night and made smiles dance along his facade. Shaking his head, he paced through the night. Dawn was still a few hours away, but there seemed to be a draw to the world around him. Like he was being called. 

The stallion had not been staying in any one place during the time since he arrived, simply using time to scout and see if he could find his master’s little birds. Murmurs of the twins had caressed his ears, though he had yet to lay his eyes upon them. A crack of a branch in the darkness stilled the stallion, his head quickly ducking to check that his beloved dagger was at his side where it belonged. 

Silence, utter and complete nothing. No scents colored the air, no warmth attracted his attention. A soft sigh escaped his mouth and he continued on his way. There was no definite plan of where to go, of what was calling to him. The shift from deep forests to the sands of the beach startled him for a moment, making the stallion stop and take stock of where he was standing. 

The sea crashed along the shore, spraying the slowly lightening world with salty spray. He was at Terminus… though the travel seemed to have been in an opposite direction. Frowning, he stepped out onto the sands. The stallion hugged any shadows he could find, eyes and ears on constant alert for whatever might come upon him. For hoof beats of the strangers that he was surrounded in.

@Vreis
"Speaking."
Notes:

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 18 — Threads: 2
Signos: 15
Inactive Character

v r e i s

jealousy, turning saints into the sea
swimming through sick lullabies, chocking on your alibis
but it's just the price i pay, destiny is calling me
open up my eager eyes, 'cause i'm mr. brightside

The sand yielded beneath his hooves, causing the stallion to pause. His gaze flickered to where the peppering of snow-laden grass was fading out, overtaken by the sand that had been forcefully driven inward through the rocking of waves against the coast. The sand had an odd crunch that seemed fitting among the turning of the season. It crisped the air, it chilled the soul, and he relished in the energy that cold air fed into powerful muscles, aching with the need to stretch, to let the blood rush through his body, to feel the thrill, the hum of power, the addicting rush he felt when he found himself the victor in whatever made-up opposition he faced down.

Of course, not all of them were made up. The scars that lined his body, the branding hidden beneath the leather armor over his face; spoke of a hard life of fighting tooth and nail. Odd to remember, that the beginning he'd been fighting for that vicious king. He'd played into his shimmering lies, a proper knight, a good knight, and an eager knight until his king had cast him aside. Branded him a traitor, a convenient scapegoat that reason was not allowed to be applied towards. Oh, how his former gracious king, now tyrant ruler; would pay for all he'd done. How Vreis wanted to see the scrap of a stallion cowering at his knees. To feel the satisfaction as he branded his face. As he marked him the traitor. The cruel beast who would turn on his own man should the need arise.

Of course, Vreis had learned much in his years leading the rebellion. Of how useful, yet dangerous magic could truly be. While he no longer believed all with magic should be killed, he did believe in the power, the need to control the magic. To make sure no one would abuse that power, abuse others with it. Only he could make the safe calls, for the good of the people, for the good of the rebellion, for the good of the kingdom. After all, look at the chaos his little birds had caused. Those silly sparrows messing with something they shouldn't have, and now they'd gotten lost in another world. So, ever the genial master; he had come to find them, to rescue them; to bring them home.

Because surely they were just lost and confused. Surely they wouldn't be stupid enough to be trying to stay away from him. Surely, they knew better than that. Yes, his little ducklings, his sweet songbirds would be found, be delighted to see him, snuggling their cute little forms into his side as he gently assured them they would be safe again, and he would take them back home, and they could continue their mission. But first, he had to find those little birds of his.

It was what brought him to the sandy oasis now. His hooves clipped calmly, his neutral gaze locking onto the familiar figure in the distance. Vreis stood taller, dark brown, near black eyes; on the smaller grullo. "Shaye." His voice was sharp, crisp in the winter air. Both a call for attention and a greeting; for his second in command. He'd sent the stallion through the portal first, and now that he was on this side, it was time to see what the stallion had learned with his heads tart. "Report." The command was given in a no-nonsense tone, his ears perking forward to hear what his faithful servant would have to tell him.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Shaye
Notes: Gonna take a bit to figure out exactly how to write him.

Artwork © Bingo

Shaye

Dark Rogue

The sound of hooves, the crunch of the sand. They were music to Shaye's ears as he turned to face the voice that echoed though him. "My lord. It is a pleasure to see you in person again." He crooned, eyes glinting as he dipped his head in greeting and honor.

It had been some interesting time since he had been sent ahead, a rogue spy to seek the quarry. "I have been unable to put my eyes on your birds... though not from lack of trying. They seem to reside in the Dusk court, though I have been unable to pin down where. But it seems that we are on the right path." Shaye answered the command, resting one hoof as he watched the other stallion.

"This realm is full of magic, users almost more common than those without magic. There are murmurs of those that can control fire and ice, can commune with the forest itself. Many that could make assets with the correct guidance." Vreis's guidance. Oh what his master could do with the beings that he had seen and heard of in the time that he had been in Novus.

@Vreis
"Speaking."
Notes:

Inactive Character

v r e i s

The large stallion paused, ears pitched forward as the familiar face of his second came to face him. At least someone still had respect for who he was, what he was doing. Shaye wouldn't desert him or get lost. Because certainly his little birds were just lost, they wouldn't have abandoned him, left him. They weren't that stupid. The familiar croon turned the beast's head back towards Shaye, snorting once as if he wouldn't expect anything less from the beast. Shaye was the most loyal of his men, always had been.

And thankfully, he also knew not to cut corners with pleasantries beyond a greeting, instead; turning right towards what Vreis wanted to know. Vreis didn't deny himself the frown of disapproval that Shaye hadn't seen them - no matter his attempts at it. But knowledge of where they were residing helped. "Right path or not, I would have expected better results from you, Shaye." The gruff man responded with a sharp shake of his head, "You're usually more thorough." He added in disapproval, before tilting his head, "What has kept you from a more affirmative confirmation?" What was protecting his little birds?

The other then spoke about this land, and he found himself frowning even more strong at the mention of so much magic. How unlucky this is the place his birds fell into. "This could make much trouble for us, Shaye. We must always be on guard. No matter how powerful of assets, magic is an evil instrument, you must not forget that. It blinds they eye and devours the soul until only darkness remains." Magic started the war, and it had destroyed everything he loved dear - including the mare that had caused his fall from grace. For the time being, Vreis had no desire to trust in this magic.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Shaye

Artwork © Bingo

Shaye

Dark Rogue

There was a part of the stallion that eyed the other, that watched his master and appreciated the creature and the power. Vreis had saved him, had given him a purpose. And for that alone, Shaye would always be loyal to the larger brute. There was a small part of him that wondered how Vreis would take it if he had suddenly gained powers, if Shaye could command magic. The thought was chased away quickly. He had been in the realm for quite some time and had felt no flicker of something more within him. 

The feeling of his blade against his flank was a reassurance, something that meant he was lethal in a way that many didn’t expect when they saw the rogue. The frown caught his attention and he felt his heart sink slightly. Disappointment. That was the frown that hurt. He would rather face outright fury from his master rather than this silent disappointment. "Understood. I will make sure to do better moving forward. I have yet to see the flesh we seek, as if they have been reclusive and rather silent. Perhaps they are still hiding from us rather than seeking their proper place…" He answered, sighing softly. Yes, he would do better. He had to do better to make his master happy. And his master’s happiness was key to his own survival and happiness.

Shaye nodded at his master’s words regarding magic, once again glad that his time had not corrupted him into something evil. Not that he was the paragon of good by any means. He lived in sin and relished the knowledge that he had blood on his hooves and could do things that those saints could not. "Agreed. But it wouldn’t hurt to keep an eye on those that wield the powers and see if we could… attain… them." His words were soft, his mind casually imagining the power that Vreis could attain with the perfect army of magic wielders. There was a part of him that loved the new realm, though he would never speak of it to Vreis.

Lifting his head, he took a moment to gaze at the sea. "I will try harder to find your birds. You may be disappointed in my efforts, but that doesn’t mean that I will stop trying. I have a direction to start, and will put my all into locating them." He vowed, turning his gaze back to the larger stallion. 

@Vreis
"Speaking."
Notes:

Inactive Character

v r e i s

The Rebel leader snorted once, his ears perked forward, waiting to hear what Shaye had to say, to hear what progress was made. It was odd at some point, to feel so alone in this world with only Shaye's company. No one else here, no one else following them through that portal. But this wasn't a vacation, this was a mission, and there where things they needed to do, little doves to find that had lost their way, and more importantly than all of that, get things squared away to return home and back to the front lines on a war between factions.

Vreis's gaze was settled on the other man, and he could see the slight changes that meant Shaye had taken his words, his behaviors to heart, and he sighed briefly, this was the part of being a leader he hated. To see the way others react so thoroughly to him. A simple frown had caused this level of hurt in another. To hear the fellow swearing to do better. When had it become such a . . . hefty weight for him to carry. When had he started to throw that weight around - had he truly? He's not surprised to hear the doves have gone reclusive . . . perhaps that is his fault as well. Had he been to harsh?

No! Of course not, they had been his soldiers, meant to sing and command as he foretold of them. "They may not know we are here yet. We cannot discount that they are being held against their will." Taken from him, that must be what had happened. Because his birds wouldn't abandon him, not like that traitorous king had done. He sneers faintly, turning away from Shaye to look out at the sea, "Stand taller, Shaye. You do not offer me the words of success I had wished for, but I also knew you wouldn't. There are many obstacles in our way, but most importantly is the fact that this world is new to us, and the culture is unfamiliar. We must blend in to get the answers we seek. We cannot be seen as outsiders. We must become part of the public."

Even if it meant standing side by side with magic. He frowned quietly at the thought of just what kidn of magic is in this place, but he pauses at the idea that Shaye wishes to attain the magic, the thought sitting wrong. These are foreigners, is it truly their duty to take and pillage and force them to use their magic to his aid? Again there's something simmering under the surface, a discontent in his heart, that valiant knight who feels such ideas are wrong, "We will keep a distance for the moment. There is no need to . . . attain magic users. They are not of our world anyways." He repeats more certainly.

He snorts then, his gaze returning to Shaye, and the former knight frowns again, "I am not disappointed in your efforts, not truly. You have done well. Progress made is progress gained. We'll work through this, take our time. There is much we have to understand about why they disappeared . . . and what this place is." And why Vreis found it easier to breath here then he ever did back home.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Shaye

Artwork © Bingo