Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Trigger Warning  - Monster? What Monster? [animal hunting]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Modes

Played by Offline Morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 1,400
Dusk Court Soldier
Male [He/his]  |  6 [Year 505 Spring]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 42  |    Active Magic: Aegis  |    Bonded: N/A

I'm ready to bleed to make amends
And sleep in this dirt we call our bed
So tell me your secrets
And join me in pieces
To fall and rewrite the bitter end

He listened to her explanation closely. It seemed to make sense and matched what others had told him. Each adult in this world that told him it wasn’t his fault tipped him closer to accepting it. “I never got anywhere near the top, I can’t fly. It was too steep.” It felt like an admission to admit he’d never been to the summit. The summit was where the important twisting caves and elders were said to be. Nothing that he had ever been privy to. 

When she started to describe the event it was uncanny how closely it matched his experiences. This further convinced Aeon that the predator mare knew what she was talking about. It was difficult to listen to her describe the traumatic events that had landed with him in Novus. The air had been so thick with ash and soot he had been unable to breathe. The tumble hurt him, but it also likely saved his life pushing him from the cloud of smoke. What was still a mystery was how falling down a volcano caused him to appear here. Perhaps the land he knew existed above this one? Novus was a world filled with magic, he knew better than to assume anything would be logical. Deep inside he hoped that it was a one way journey and that returning was simply impossible, that way it wasn’t something he needed to worry about. 

“That all makes a lot of sense.” he said plainly before adding “It’s hard to accept a different reality when you know no other. My parents and the herd drilled me that I would be the death of them, that I was a curse due to my shortcomings. That I would anger the volcano and our elders” It was a difficult sentence to put together. Difficult to know exactly how to phrase it. He didn’t want sympathy, he simply wanted to understand the world better. It was a relief to hear it so clearly painted that he could not be the cause of the disaster. That it was simply something that happened all on its own. 

When she glanced at him and spoke of his luck in surviving his rumble with a volcano; it drew his attention to her eyes once more. Their pupils were unique. “Do you see anything extra with your eyes?” This was again another thought that was hard to phrase. Perhaps one that he would be wiser not asking.  He just couldn’t help but be curious.

ooc: @Pangaea He simply can't help but ask questions about things! 

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 64 — Threads: 7
Signos: 50
Vagabond Tactician
Female [She/Her/Hers/They/Theirs]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  18.2 hh  |  Hth: 7 — Atk: 13 — Exp: 29  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

P a n g a e a

everybody in the world are you with me?
it's too late to try to run, we run the city
it's my time, it's your time

The predatory mare was keeping calm to the best of her ability, settling into the unfortunate position of having to assist, and explain the world to a colt who had nearly slammed into her full kilt. She tilts her head when he admits to not having been able to fly, due to it being to steep, "Don't sound to disappointed. It takes time to grow into wings. It was years before I could do more than glide from place to place. There are a lot of muscles and growth that needs to be mantained to be airborn, and I know those with feathers have to take the feather growth into account to." The saurian woman stated with a huff. She wasn't about to baby the colt, but she could at least make sure he didn't see his struggles to fly as abnormal.

It did alarm her to think he'd been so close to a volcanic eruption. She'd seen so much of those sort of events decimate an entire region. He was lucky to have survived it at all. She snorted faintly at the idea of it being difficult to accept a different reality, however, "Kid, your parents and herd may have been rough on you, but you're still alive is proof they were just cruel. I can understand struggling to accept a new world. This ain't where I came from, but the possibility of death existed far more strongly back home. And it's how I know you weren't a curse. If it was so dangerous there too, you wouldn't be alive now to tell me these stories." Her muzzle twisted in annoyance as she looked at him, "Trust me, real danger, real threats to herd or packs, those threats either die out quickly, or the ones they threaten die out quickly. You, and they; are still alive. So ignore them."

She blinsk then, in surprise at his sudden question, frowning in confusion as she thought about her eyes, "Well, I don't know. They're the only eyes I have. I guess it demands on what all you can see with yours." She added with a tiny frown, not quite sure how to answer the question.

held me down, now it's don't-give-a-fuck time

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Aeon
Notes:

it's go time, it's show time
sing it with me everybody, let's go

Artwork ©Sephinta

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »