Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Jump on in! The Snow if fine!

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 10 — Threads: 3
Signos: 0
Dusk Court Youth
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  5 [Year 505 Winter]  |  18 hh  |  Hth: 15 — Atk: 5 — Exp: 19  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

The filly was so unsure of venturing out on her own. She had recently turned a year old, and her father was finally letting her be a bit more independent. Oriens knew it was probably thanks to her aunt/mother/who even knows what to label her as. A soft chuckle escaped her lips as she thought of the mare that her father was in love with. Such an unusual pairing, a flying stallion that could wield the solar radiation and a icy warrior battlemage from a different world. But Jiri loved them both with all of her heart. 

Finding the meadow a pristine blanket of snow, Jiri giggled and leapt forward. She loved the snow, the feeling of the cold white fluff on her body as she danced and made it fly. This wasn’t the adventure that she had intended when leaving home, but she loved it none the less. The only thing that would make it better would be a friend to share it with. 

That was one of the big things that Jiri wanted… She wanted a friend. Someone to explore the world and join her as she adventured through Novus. Someone that would help her turn Sol’s mane gray at an early age. The idea of such a friend made her giggle and she went back to dancing, pawing, and even rolling in the white snow around her. 

"Speaking"
@—
Notes: ---

Played by Offline Morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 1,400
Dusk Court Soldier
Male [He/his]  |  6 [Year 505 Spring]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 42  |    Active Magic: Aegis  |    Bonded: N/A

I'm ready to bleed to make amends
And sleep in this dirt we call our bed
So tell me your secrets
And join me in pieces
To fall and rewrite the bitter end

The chilling of the air was disturbing. The volcano he had previously called home was seemingly trapped in one season. Hot. The odd, wet, white stuff on the ground was intriguing. It required extra effort to walk in - creating an almost marching rhythm. Up, down, up, down. Much higher than he would normally lift his legs.  Oddly, it felt like he sunk in it as well. What was its purpose? How did it get here? 

He squinted, it seemed like flakes of it were falling from the sky. He poked his tongue out daringly to catch one. It tasted like…water only cold. He sighed, maybe this was just another bizarre thing about these lands he would have to come to accept. It was as he walked deeper in the mysterious clearing that he saw her. She seemed to be jumping about with the frozen water all around her. At first he wasn’t sure if she was distressed and in need of assistance. But she seemed to be…enjoying herself? 

He stretched his stride and aimed to close the distance between them. Observing how the snow now flew up and around in response to movement. Aiming to stop just before her with a skidding halt, pulling his hind legs beneath him. It was much easier to stop in the heavy snow than on other surfaces. “Hi, I'm Aeon. Please tell me do you know what this bizarre wet cold substance that tastes like water is?” He was still working on learning how to communicate with others. She looked younger than him, but not all that much younger. It was amazing how quickly bodies grew and adjusted towards adulthood. It was the way of survival in the world that you can only be a child for so long.

ooc: @Alfajiri

Dusk Court Youth
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  5 [Year 505 Winter]  |  18 hh  |  Hth: 15 — Atk: 5 — Exp: 19  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

The cold wonder that was the snow made the filly laugh and squeal as she played in it. She loved the snow, the cold. A big part of that had to do with her mother, aunt, whatever she was supposed to call the mare that her father loved. Another part was the fact that her sire was always so much hotter than normal. It was an odd effect from his magic, but it still made the colder climate refreshing.

Then the other figure appeared and she stopped with a giggle. Her vivid blue eyes took in the Pegasus, seeing the striations in his coat that marked injuries and finding curiosity welling within her. "Oh! Hello! I am Alfajiri, though everyone calls me Jiri." She grinned as she dipped her head. "It is a pleasure to meet you." She finished, beaming at the colt before her.

"Well… it technically is water. Or at least a form of water. It is snow. My daddy explained it to me as frozen rain, but not has hard as hail. I love the snow." She explained as she pawed at the fluffy white substance and sent it flying around her. The yearling filly was full of imagination, feeling like a snow goddess when she made it fly around her. 

"Are you from Dawn court as well?" She asked, curiosity getting the better of her as she stood tall and strong before him. He was taller than she, possibly close to her father, though Jiri was terrible at judging size without the other there. Where she had whites and felt like a sunrise in color, he was rougher, more earthy. The reds were fascinating and she felt a pang of jealousy at his wings. Something she didn’t have. Regardless, she loved being herself.

"Speaking"
@Aeon

Dusk Court Soldier
Male [He/his]  |  6 [Year 505 Spring]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 42  |    Active Magic: Aegis  |    Bonded: N/A

So tell me your secrets
And join me in pieces

The sounds she made were so joyous and free. He was growing fast but inside he was still very much a colt growing into his oversized body. It inspired a touch of that wild youthful energy to rise within him. He wanted to run and play and be free. This might be one of his last chances to just relax, to just be a child and be carefree. There was plenty of time yet to experience adulthood and responsibility. What he yearned for was a touch of her exuberance. 

“Ok, thanks Jiri!" He said trying to learn how to make the sounds to pronounce her name properly. “It’s nice to meet you too” he replied back, realizing he’d just copied what she had said. That was embarrassing. Proper social interaction and phrases remained a challenge. 

He stopped for a moment to consider what would be the most truthful answer. “I am from no-where near here, but technically I am from the Dusk court now! The Dusk court took me in when I tumbled down an erupting volcano and fell from the sky.”  He dipped his nostrils to the ground and dug his face into the snow, gently pushing it along making a line. The sharp cold of the snow was an interesting sensation in itself. 

Then the idea sprang into his mind. Devious and fun! He dug his nostrils deeply then flicked the snow in her direction, aiming to throw it at her in a spattering. He chuckled and giggled, feeling the anticipation and getting ready to run at any moment. This surely was a game snow was designed for. He felt alive, it was thrilling. He let the concerns of his overactive mind fall away and enjoyed the moment with Jiri.

ooc: @Alfajiri its so nice for him to meet someone younger, his been far too grumpy and worried about everything

Dusk Court Youth

Jiri beamed at the young stallion, her blue eyes bright with pure happiness. She didn’t even notice that his words mimicked hers, simply loving meeting someone closer to her in age. She took a moment to kick some snow around and giggled.

She tilted her head to the side, remembering that Bel was from Dusk as well. "My dad’s love is from Dusk.  I think we will be moving there soon… Wait… you fell down an erupting volcano?! That would hurt!" She exclaimed, eyes wide as she glanced at him. 

When the snow was sent in her direction, Jiri squealed and bounded away. Pausing a distance away, she used his motion to do the same. The snow was messy and sprayed in more directions than anticipated and then she giggled and leapt through the snow. This was fun and she actually had someone to play with!

"Speaking"
@Aeon
Notes: Omg so sorry! I keep forgetting she is getting more active finally

Dusk Court Soldier

So tell me your secrets
And join me in pieces

“Oooh! That’s exciting, Dusk Court is great!” He beamed back at her feeling the excitement welling in his chest.  “Yes it did hurt” he said, still feeling the pulls and aches of his muscles in some places. He knickered as he watched her bound away.  It would be exciting to have someone closer to his age at home. He was the youngest by far that he had encountered at home. Thinking of the dusk court as home was something that was still settling in his brain. Being around Jiri allowed him to push these concerns to the back of his mind and have fun!

Seeing her launch the snow into the air he pushed himself forwards and aimed to land under the snow making it fall in a mess on his head and hair. Snorting he shook the snow off, with excited tossing of his head. Rolling onto his back, he tossed and turned, spreading his wings in the snow. Making an outline of his form in the soft snow. 

When he rolled back onto his legs and stood up he could see he had unearthed some of the ground below. Frozen strands of grass poked out from the snow. He was somewhat amazed by the shape he had made in the snow. He could see the outline of his back and wings.

Dusk Court Youth

Jiri laughed softly as she looked up at the older colt. "I am excited. Other than with my dad, I haven’t left the dawn court. And I am so happy that I will have my mom too." She said warmly. "Did you see a medic for it? My mom’s sister is a medic in night court." She said kindly.

When he joined her in play, the yearling squealed and danced through the snow. The movements that he made when rolling had left quite the outline. Tilting her head, she gazed between the snow and the colt. She danced near it, letting her body flop into the snow to do the same movements. She giggled as the snow wormed through her pelt and let cold zings dance along her skin. 

"Those are cool!" She exclaimed as she got to her hooves and looked between them. "Kinda like a painting, but backwards." Jiri laughed as she moved beside Aeon and beamed up at him innocently. 

"Speaking"
@Aeon
Notes:

Dusk Court Soldier

So tell me your secrets
And join me in pieces

“I saw multiple carers for it. The folks at the hospital patched me up shortly after I fell. Then I met a woman named Caelum who tended and helped care for the longer term wounds. She fed me the best food.”  replied, understanding her curiosity on the subject, his mouth almost watering at the memory of the treats he had been fed. She seemed to have more care in asking her questions then he did. His mind seemed to buzz and become overwhelmed and rapid fire questions one after the other. If he wasn’t careful his mouth went zipping along with it!

“Yours looks like a smaller one, and mine is bigger. Because we aren’t the same size” he said with a chuckle, feeling like he’d made an astute observation.  It was truely relaxing to be with someone younger and closer to his own age. He had never had siblings or anyone to play with growing up. The fact that she would be coming to the dusk court filled him with excitement, he would have another face he would know! He could shower her around! 

“Do you think you could be a medic?” he asked her, tilting his head to the side.

Dusk Court Youth

Jiri nodded as she listened to the colt. "Sounds like you have had plenty of help to heal the wounds." She remarked with a smile. "I dont know that Polar North would be able to do anything further. Even her healing magic can only do so much." She said as she shook her head. The colt seemed to be filled with words and energy and she was smiling at him warmly.

Jiri snorted. "I am not that much smaller! Only like 2 hands!" She protested with a laugh as she shook her head. The yearling was roughly 16 hands at this point, no longer small enough to be flown around on her sire’s back. Flicking her tail, she gave him a sassy look. "Besides, I still have growing to do!" She said with a snort.

The question took her by surprise and she paused, tilting her head as she let her mind work. "I dont know… My mom is a warrior, my dad was one before he became a blacksmith…" She mused aloud. "I have time to figure it out. I would hate to make a decision young and then find that I had made the wrong one." She said softly. 

"Speaking"
@Aeon

Dusk Court Soldier

So tell me your secrets
And join me in pieces

“Well, we will just have to re-measure when you’ve grown then!” he said with a soft teasing snort. He shook more remnants of the snow from his back, feeling the occasional cold dribble down his body where the snow had melted. 

“You know it’s ok to change your mind about what you want to do. You can always try something. Decisions don’t have to be forever!” he said playfully as he once more took off in another direction, feeling the stretch of his muscles and legs. It was really nice to just relax and let loose, even if it was in snow. Soon the snow would melt and it would reveal greener pastures. He couldn’t wait for the warmer weather to come. 

“You’ll have to show me what you learn someday.” he said to her softly with a smirk as he whizzed his way past her once more, before rolling and skidding along in the snow.  He left a long impact pattern in the ground, ending in a flurry of flying snow. “Being a blacksmith would be a tiring job, I’m more of a warrior type myself” he said as he wiggled further in the snow scratching his back and wings on the ground.