Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Family Tree

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Elidhu [PM] Posts: 19 — Threads: 7
Signos: 25
Night Court Scholar
Male [He/Him]  |  11 [Year 499 Winter]  |  18 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: Charismatic Influence  |    Bonded: N/A

Sebastien had sequestered himself away deep within the libraries of Denocte since he had returned from the festival in Solterra where he had met Caelum. He thought of her more each day, and how he needed to ensnare her entirely. He had spent each day from dawn until dusk reading up on what little literature Denocte had about the Fae. What little he had learned so far was that there were two courts that were mentioned without names. The rest of the books were full of fairytales. Sebastien found himself perusing the shelves of the books with a look of boredom on his features as he tried to find something else that might sate him until he could be with Caelum again. There were so many books here. Books on wars. Books on rulers. Books on magic and the rules the author believed magic bowed to. In truth, magic bowed to no one. Not even the one using it. It was like a wellspring nestled in the user's body. It is a thing that takes as much as it gives. For some its energy, for others it's physical.

There are those that practice magic by using objects as conduits. Sebastien sighs and watches the plumes of dust sweep off the shelves in front of him. The scholar cocks a brow at the state of the shelves and heads to the front of the Library to snag a duster. He makes his way through the rows of forgotten shelves and sweeps the duster over it. Often when one sees him, it is a glimpse of his white tail disappearing around one of the many bookshelves. He sidesteps around the other equines perusing the shelves. Sebastien has half a mind to appoint himself Denocte's librarian at this rate. He'd have to talk to the Sovereigns for that though. As he gets lost in thought, he bumps into the backside of another. The duster falls from his lips as he is momentarily startled, and he glances up toward the stranger. "Sorry about that, I was lost in thought." The words flow from his mouth without much thought. At least they're genuine this time around. Sebastien reached down to pick up the duster that fell to the floor and peered at the stranger to make sure he hadn't derailed whatever it was they were doing.

@Nefertari

Played by Offline Scapeh [PM] Posts: 23 — Threads: 3
Signos: 1,115
Day Court Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  12 [Year 499 Summer]  |  14.3 hh  |  Hth: 15 — Atk: 5 — Exp: 41  |    Active Magic: Clairvoyance  |    Bonded: N/A

NEFERTARI
We've Become Disillusioned
So We Run Towards Anything Glimmering

Hunger. Need. Desire. Boredom. 

The feelings flooded the mare’s senses like a whiplash, there and gone. She almost didn’t register the jostle had it not been the catalyst for the emotional torrent that suddenly gnawed in her belly. It left a horrid taste in her mouth and a ravenous emptiness in her gut that twisted her insides. The stallion had dropped something, a feather duster, and he moved to pick it up again. The mare instinctively moved back to give him room to do so, as well as to allow herself room to breathe again. The overwhelming sense of his emotions was matched by his size, towing over her as he righted himself once more upon retrieving the duster. 

Nefertari avoided unnecessary contact as much as possible, and the unexpected collision had scrambled her senses momentarily. She didn’t always tune in to the emotional states of others, unless she was touching them and the emotion was strong. This stallion’s need was loud. She’d almost wager it was an obsession, but that was speculation, really. Though, she’d rarely felt that kind of aggressive emptiness outside of rich men looking to comfort their lonely beds. It was hard not to speculate what might cause a man to feel these things at such great volume.  

He was apologizing to her, she realized, batting her creamy lashes over golden pools. “Oh,” she spoke, her tone soft. They were in the library after all. “It’s quite alright. I was rather focused, myself.” The mare dipped her ivory tiara, shimmering flaxen locks tumbling in front of her features. 

“Please, if you need me to move, I’ll be out of your way. I was looking for a historical text but I can’t seem to find it here anyways.” Her gaze moved back to the stacks before her. The library had some organization in that they kept like with like, though it seemed in the last several years there had been little attempt, if any, to categorize things further. While she had managed to find the records of the denizens of Denocte, she had not yet found anything about her family. Vogelstein had always been a rather private noble house, so it wasn’t very surprising that she could not locate a comprehensive history on it’s members, but to find no trace of it at all in the public records was troubling to say the least. She had hoped to educate herself a bit further on her lineage than what her parents had told her before her daring escape to Solterra all those years ago. 

It seemed that her quest for knowledge would not be as simple as she initially thought it would be. 

"Speech." | @Sebastien

art by pacificdash character by scapeh table by sunny