Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - My heart belongs to you

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 143 — Threads: 21
Signos: 0
Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

Everything I've done, I've done for you. I move the stars for no one.

Sol groaned as he landed. His wing was still aching and not completely healed, though he didnt want to push this off any further. He needed to speak to the mare that held his heart. The solar stallion had sent messages to her to let her know he wasnt hiding. To remind her of his feelings for her. But it wasnt enough. He needed to have the conversation that had been plaguing him since that exclamation during the hunt.

He was a bit out of the swamp, but his wing was completely done with trying to fly for the moment. Tucking it tightly to his side, he strode over the terrain. Shaking his head slightly, he entered the swamps and began to keep an eye out for the glow or sounds or scents that would give away her position. Once he was far enough into the swamp, he paused to gaze around him.

"Bel?" He called out, eyes and ears straining for any sign of the mare. It had been more time than desired since he had seen her face. Hidden in a small satchel on his back, a gift was waiting for her. This was the time that he had been waiting for. The time to see exactly what their relationship was to become. And he was excited.

"My heart belongs to one of the sea... and I cannot wait to see what happens." He murmured to himself as he continued seeking her.

"Speaking"
@Below Zero
Notes: <3

CREDIT to Miss Sparkle (offsite)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
sister, i hear you laugh, my heart fills full of love
keep me please, sister, when you cry
i feel your tears, running down my face

The mare was in constant movement, as Yuki watched from the sidelines, trying to grasp better control of her abilities. The companion had been horrified to learn of how badly her magic had just left her control when She had seen Sol plummet from the sky, and it'd been one training session after the next to ensure that didn't happen again. To always have control in her magic. She understood the hard lesson, she'd seen how powerful and dangerous her magic was when it'd turned an entire section of a desert into an ice shelf she hadn't seen the likes of since she was in the arctic. So she accepted the lessons in between writing to Sol and making sure she knew how he and Jiri were doing - the both of them more or less unable to travel the distance between Dawn and Dusk while Sol had been injured, and Bel had been suffering from a severe case of magical exhaustion.

So, when his voice calling her name through the swamp had her jolting her head up in surprise, Yuki was already sighing, knowing there was no way she was going to corral Bel back in. The mare paid her bonded no mind, her head already turning in the direction the sound had come from. A quick apology was all she offered, even as Yuki snorted in amusement - for the mare was already galloping through the swamp, solidifying the cold swamp waters below her feet, allowing herself to walk on top of the swamp, rather than through it, to reach the stallion her heart sung for.

His black form may be difficult to pick out in a very densely populated swamp, but she knew his golden glow from his solar magic anywhere, and she didn't hesitate, breaking free of the nearest brush, her voice calling out his name, "Sol!" She collided with his side in a tight hug, being mindful to make sure she was at his uninjured side, and immediately sneaking herself beneath his folding wings, basking in the warmth of his presence, and desperately searching for the touch she'd missed so much, "How are you feeling? Are you alright? Did you fly here? Is your wing strong enough to support that." A thousand questions seemed to leave her in one go, before she looked up at him, and smiled softly, her dual eyes both focused on him, "I've missed you." She added, reaching up to brush her muzzle against his own, her heart settling for the first time since the Hunt now that she could see he was well for herself. "I've missed you so, so much."

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam
Notes:: 

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

The reaction from the precious being that held his heart made him smile. When she collided against his mass, Sol laughed and wrapped his neck around her tightly. "I missed you as well, my heart." He beamed, letting the questions slide over him as he relished her cool presence under his wings.

"All in all, I am not doing too badly. Jiri was quite the demanding nursemaid and made me stay in bed for days on end." He snorted softly. The little filly was quite adamant and opinionated. "Yes, I flew... it would have taken too long to walk and I needed to see you. The wing is sore, but manageable." He answered, stretching the aching limb again. "And you? That magic was pretty intense." He asked in return, nuzzling her neck and breathing in the salty sea scent that was purely Bel.

"So... Remember how I was working on something for you?" He asked with a grin before using the little bit of telepathy that all equines seemed to have here to float out a seafoam painted wooden box. Within it, crafted with such care and pieced together with items that had taken trips away from Novus to collect, was a bracelet. There were 3 silver chains, connected together at the clasp as well as at the largest pendant piece. The pendant itself was ice from the furthest polar region, harvested from one of the purest icebergs. The ice was vividly blue and stunning, kept frozen by an enchantment that would protect it from melting in the hottest of climates. Around the ice, small beads of various blue gems sparkled vividly.

"I also spoke with the Dawn Sovereign... about moving... If you wish. We still need to discuss what happened during the hunt... the words you spoke." He said slowly, still a bit unsure of what had happened and how to address it all. But they needed to. They needed to figure out their next steps, even if the word mate was ringing in his mind with each beat of his heart. The words he had never dreamed would leave her lips. That he wished to hear again with everything that he was.

"Speaking"
@Below Zero

Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o

Crashing into his side, engulfing herself in his warmth was like finally coming home. A sense of rightness that swirled around her heart, tightly embracing it and allowing her to feel whole . . . or rather, almost whole. There was a little yearling size whole still missing. But even without Jiri there to complete their little family, it was reassuring sense of rightness to once more be surrounded by him. She smiled gently at his returned expression of missing her company, wrapped up in his very being. She did perk her ears at his words.

"Somehow, I'm not surprise. Our little Jiri is to pure of heart to just let you suffer and push yourself." She mused, the possession she took to the child evident, even as toyed, and played at the long strands of his mane, feeling younger just by having his company around once more. Like a pup in love for the first time. How had she ever thought Shard would be enough? When he never made her feel so settled just by a touch. She did frown gently when he admitted to flying, that it was sore but manageable. She frowned as she watched him stretch the limb, "We'll send note to Jiri that you won't be back for a day or so. You're not flying home on that wing. . . You'll just have to stay with me . . . We can find a room in the inn."

Why did the idea of them spending a night together make her heart go pitter-patter so quickly?! It was just for sleeping, letting him rest his previously injured wing, one that had almost been bitten off. She did flush softly when he asked about the magic she'd displayed, "I have been well for a while now. There was a lot of exhaustion for the first little while, rebuilding up my reserve of magic. But Yuki has been keeping me on a strict training regiment, so I won't ever lose control again."

The mention of him having something for her made her eyes widen, watching him pull out a little wooden box, smiling at the painting atop it. She then tilted her head curiously as she accepted the item, and opened it, only to gasp in surprise at the delicate silver blanket, with what appeared to be a pendant enclosing a shard of ice, so pure she could see through it. Small silver chains clinked together on either side of the pendant, small beading of various gems, aquamarine, tanzanite, sapphires, and moonstone all glimmered in various shades of azure along those chains. She carefully clasped the bracelet around her ankle, lifting it up and smiling in delight as the light reflected off the enchanted ice chip before she raised her muzzle up, brushing it against his cheek gently, "It's beautiful. Thank you."

The unsureness in his tone had her smiling in amusement as he mentioned that he'd spoken to his sovereign and that they needed to discuss what she'd said during the hunt. She merely grinned, a cocky playful smile, "Is my mate afraid to say the four-letter word?" Her words were gentle, however, to prove the words weren't just a spur of the moment thing. "Sol . . . when I saw that creature bite into you . . ." Her smile fell, her eyes earnest, "You were falling out of the sky, and . . . I just . . . It was like my eyes opened. I wasn't just watching my best friend fall, I was watching my future fall, and it was crumbling fast, terrified I was about to lose you, and in that moment I realized I never wanted to lose you . . . ever. We're more than just good together, Sol. We're perfect. And I love you more than I could ever express in words. It just took me longer than it should have to realize it."

She stepped closer, pressing up against him, pressing her forehead against his neck, shaded by the wings draped over her back, "You're mine, and I'm yours . . ." She stated earnestly, "So . . . about you moving to Dusk . . . I suppose that means I need to think about where we should live. I cannot imagine you enjoying living in the swamp, after all." She asked softly, to ease into the next serious discussion, of what they would do to begin building a life together.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam

Dusk Court Blacksmith

Every inch of the stallion was tingling at her nearness, the perfection that was the two of them together.  Then she said the word. Our. Our Jiri. That simple comment made him beam at her. Being with her was easy, like being able to breathe after being sick. "She definitely dotes, but I think she gets her heart from you. And I am thankful for it." He murmured as he let his wing drift down to pull her closer. The comment about the inn made him chuckle. "Let me guess... you prefer to sleep in the water of the swamp rather than a soft warm bed... We may have to change that, my heart." He teased softly.

Sol snorted. "You mean you didnt mean to make the world completely ice? That is a shock." He teased again, winking at her as he nuzzled her neck gently. "I think I will have to learn to let you protect since you are clearly stronger magically than I am currently." The stallion laughed.

Sol beamed as he watched her admire his gift. "I am so glad you like it. The ice was an interesting challenge to figure out, but I couldnt imagine anything else for you. I wanted to give you a piece of the home you left, even if it is from a different glacier." He murmured. "Though it's beauty pales in comparison to the wearer."

Sol smiled softly at her teasing words. "There is still a part of me that is waiting to wake up and find that this was just a dream. For so long, you referred to me as your friend, your brother... It was daunting to try to be more, to let myself believe that we could be." He murmured, letting her admitted feelings wash over him. "It seems that patience makes the future more precious. I am a bit overwhelmed that we have finally reached this point. That our future is really a future of love rather than friendship. Dont get me wrong, I cherish our friendship. Even if you changed your mind and decided to go back to friendship, I would respect it. I just hope that it never comes to it." His words were soft and honest, though the love that shone in his eyes made it hard to admit that she held all of the cards. That the last thing he wanted was for her to change her mind. "I love you Bel... I think I always have. You make me so much better than I could be without you." He murmured, pressing closer to her.

"Yeah... I house would be good. I dont see Jiri sleeping in the water like my crazy mate." He teased. "I will need somewhere to work as well..." Here was the moment he never expected. The moment where they took the next steps together. Mates. Working out their future together. "Regardless of living situation, my heart is wholly yours, my love." He murmured before pressing a kiss to her forehead.

"Speaking"
@Below Zero

Dusk Court Battlemage

B e l o w Z e r o

The mare smiled up at the stallion, surprised by just how much her mind settled as soon as he was here. She eagerly listens to him speaking about Jiri with an eagerness that betrayed how much she missed both of them, not just him. As his wing pulled her closer, she relaxed into his body with a soft smile, "I don't know, I think we both have pretty good hearts for her to take from." She mused before smiling at his comment, on her sleeping preference, "I will have you know that I have a soft bed of seaweed at the bottom of the swamp, and the swamp is hardly 'cold' to me." She teased with a vibrant laugh, before her ears perked up and she admits almost quietly, "Actually, I prefer sleeping in seaweed, and sand of coral reefs. The water is so warm and clear, and the just . . . lovely." She states with a quiet laugh.

She shoots him a playful look when he commented on the icey landscape she'd made out of the desert, "Oh hush you." She teased, before flushing at his comment, "We will just have to protect each other. Neither one of us has to take charge. You have my back, and I have yours." She assured instead, before looking down at the gift he'd given her. She smiles gently before pressing her forehead against his, eyes closing in contentment, "Thank you." She repeats quietly, before tilting her head and pouting, "We were both deny feelings for a long time!" She argued in jest, before smiling up at him more softly, "I don't think we could ever go back to the way it was before. I don't think I could live with out you at my side. We're in this together now. For always and forever." She promised.

As he spoke about the house, she began to think on his words, "So some place with a minimum of three bedrooms. Plus some sort of workshop either attached or on the property." She mused, "Attached would be better, perhaps somewhere in town where it'll be easier for you to gain costumers." She looked up at him, smiling gently, "Come on this, Sol, let's go into town and look at options! I want to see what we can find!" The idea of leaving her swamp was unnerving, sure, but . . . with Sol at her side, Bel felt she could take on the world.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam

Dusk Court Blacksmith

Sol grinned at his mate, eyes warm as he listened to her. "While an intriguing idea, I will have to casually remind you that fire and water usually dont mix… we will have to figure out some compromise that works for both of us." Because he was not giving her up. Not if he had any choice. He would fight for Bel until his last breath, and then return as his hidden form to fight even harder. 

He grinned again at her teasing and nodded. "I agree, though it means more work to catch up and keep up with you." He teased back, nuzzling her cheek when she pouted. "In my defense, your sister could see it well before you… I tried the sweet romantic stuff and you kept calling me your brother." He laughed, shaking his head and running his muzzle along her neck. 

Her excitement nearly made him miss the comment about how many bedrooms and he paused to look at her. "Three bedrooms… Did I miss something? Do you need to tell me a secret, my heart?" He teased, imagining the relationship she and Jiri would have and letting his heart peek into the ideas of foals between them. There were many questions and things that would be interesting, but that was something he found that he wanted more than he realized. A family, a place to truly belong and someone that could truly love him. His mate, his other half, his…

"Lead the way, Bel. You know the court better than I." He laughed, rubbing his cheek against her shoulder and keeping pace with her. They were moving away from the swamp, moving toward the future he had only dreamt of.

"Speaking"
@Below Zero