Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - lie to me

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
sister, i hear you laugh, my heart fills full of love
keep me please, sister, when you cry
i feel your tears, running down my face

The mare moved slowly through the streets, the setting sun already causing a subtle glow to be produced from the dark stripes of her pelt. Moving forward, the aquatic mare smiled as others greeted her by name, warmth in the tones. It seemed like so long ago others had whispered nervously when they had first seen her. Worried that a kelpie, a seafaring witch who would prey upon their flesh; had washed ashore and into Dusk. Now, it seemed like more knew she was different, friendly, a trusted member of the militia, by one of the few battle mages in all of Novus. No longer feared . . . it was a lovely change to make . . . finally, she was really seeing Novus as a home, a place where she could have a future.

She turned through the cobbled streets before slipping into the bar she'd heard others within the military frequented, slipping in and feeling just a little out of sort. Real soldiers, the ones that could fight, had learned together and honed themselves into a weapon. Did they see her as some cheater who slid her way in because of war-orientated magic? Did they truly accept her as part of the military? Did they laugh over the fact she couldn't truly hold her own on land . . . Did they know, should they come into her domain, tables would quickly turn. That her lack of prowess on land was because she was designed to fight in the depths of the ocean. That below the waves she ruled like a proper champion, tackle anything that tried to knock her back.

Instead of worrying too much further, the mare meanders through the group, approaching the bar, being passed a brew that smelt like seawater, and looked like pureed seaweed, but was her preference. Around her, others were joking about taps being important, and the suggestion of someone else to sweet talk Liam. She snorted faintly at the words being said, casually drawling out, "Doubt that man wants to be sweettalked by anyone who ain't a certain dark-hued stallion, from what I've seen." And with her developing friendship with the Sovereign, she'd definitely seen, and heard in his voice, how much Bucky met to him. She knocked back a quarter of her cup, the taste almost reminded her of home. Sea water, cold and pungent, the light taste of seaweed, and the hint of crustaceans. "But that's just my observations." She added airly.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sofia
Notes:: 

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
lie to me - by Sofia - 01-10-2022, 12:41 AM
RE: lie to me - by Below Zero - 01-10-2022, 08:24 PM
RE: lie to me - by Sofia - 01-19-2022, 10:05 PM
RE: lie to me - by Below Zero - 02-22-2022, 04:28 PM