Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Swing, swing

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 18 — Threads: 7
Signos: 15
Day Court Artisan
Male [He/Him/His]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 9 — Atk: 11 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Keokuk (Spirit Stag)

R y l a n

Swing, Swing for the tangles of
my heart is crushed by a former love.
Can you help me find a way
to carry on again

There's a youthful nervousness, as the stallion treks his way through the Night Market, the gem of Denocte. He finds it pales when he doesn't see what he is searching for at each stall. The priceless piece he is keeping his eyes peeled for. Should he have sent a note, mentioned he was making trek? Would this have been a mistake? What if he scoffs when he sees him? Why did he feel like a young colt trying to bring weeds to his first crush, unaware he'd picked only weeds. A soft, airy touch to his shoulder has his head turning to the ghostly apparition at his side. The stag is barely visible, but he offers a reassuring grin, his gaze filled with fatherly affection. With Keokuk at his side, Rylan is more certain than ever that he won't be facing this alone at least. The stag nods once, before he disappears into a whisp, his presence constant in Rylan's mind, even if the spirit guide isn't always visible. Tyee is more than willing to keep the buckskin company, as he weaves between his legs, tail wagging, and doesn't hesitate to yip in an ungodly amount of energy that only a pup in his youth can possess. The wolf-mix leaps forward, about to take off towards a laughing foal who looks eager to play with the puppy, but a quick piercing whistle from the stallion has the wolf-mix pup sliding to a stop, ears back and looking almost as pouty as the foal. "Sorreh there, li'le miss, I just gotta be able ta stay close enough ta him to see where he's off. Imma be meanderin' these here stalls though, so he can play for the time being." Rylan's smile is gentle as the foal gushes thanks, before taking off in a merry chase after the excited puppy. With Tyee properly-being entertained, as only a foal can; the stallion casually browses the stalls.

He knows what he's doing. Never thought I would see the day in which you are procrastinating. Keokuk's voice whispers through his mind, as the stag fades back into view beside him. The stall owner jumps before staring in awe at the spirit animal even as Rylan grimaced with a 'you caught me' smile. "I know." He agrees, even as his heart has started to jackhammer in his chest at the reminder of why he was here, who he was here to see. A flash of those molted lips twisted in a charming, tantalizing grin. The way those expressive eyes had stared him through to the core as he'd suggested Rylan come to visit. Stepping to another stall, Rylan glances towards the pronged bonded, "I feel so silleh bein' nervous, Keokuk. But I ain't able ta stop them bu'erflies. They're just makin' a mess of meh belleh. Twistin' meh guts up until I feel like I gotta excuse mehself to throw up somewhere. I always knew where meh eye preferred ta wander, but I ain't never thought ta give inta them temptations . . . and Keokuk, that man is so temptin' it ain't legal. Makes me wanna call in a Sheriff, 'cause, with the way he cain turn heads, it gotta be a disturbance ta public safety.

The stag chuckled, No one would believe that you can't flirt to save your life if they heard you describe them like that . . . Rylan cut the stag a dirty look, knowing it was a purposeful dig at how he became so tongue-tied around a pretty man. "Don't I know it!? I can't help it though! When ya see someone that fine, yer gonna get a little tongue-tied. There just ain't words ta describe 'im." Keokuk smirked again, and Rylan merely huffed, before turning back down the road, noting the pup was still being entertained, the stallion finally stepped towards a small coffee shop, motioning for a drink, dark with a single spoonful of sugar, before collapsing at a chair, his long, dark brown fringe falling into those turquoise eyes, "A'right, a'right. I know ya ain't meanin' no harm, but just 'cause ya don't know what it feels like ta find words escapin' ya don't mean ya can tease me 'bout it. Ain't yeah suppose ta guide meh? So guide a guy?

Keokuk merely smirked, arching an eyebrow before looking over Rylan's shoulder to a figure approaching in the distance, Guidance, huh? Better start working on remembering how to talk . . . . Incoming. Rylan's eyes widened almost comically in the opinion of the stag, even as the stallion suddenly spun around. Rylan's eyes fluttered in disbelief, his heart picking up pace again, mouth growing dry as he suddenly felt like a schoolgirl watching their senpai approach while they hid a box of chocolate behind their back. Swallowing hard, it took two tries before he managed to find his voice, "R-reinhart!" It was both a call of greeting, as well as an invitation to join him if the handsome stallion wasn't busy. Rylan himself was half pawing at the ground with a hoof, nervous as he shook his mane out, trying to hide the jitters, the nervousness, damn . . . though. His memory hadn't done the man justice. Here, now, in front of - Rylan had to swallow hard - how was Reinhart even more handsome in person, wasn't your mind supposed to build them up in your mind, so when you saw them again, they always weren't as 'impressive' as their memory alluded to?

His mind was broken, but Reinhart had taken his breath away with just how beautiful he was in real life. The memory hadn't compared.

Wish cast into the sky, I'm moving on

"Speech"
Thoughts
Keokuk
@Reinhart
Notes: Shy boy couldn't even get out the words 'join me?' But he managed his name haha.

Sweet beginnings do arise,
she knows I was wrong.
The notes are old,
they bend, they fold
and so do I to a new love.

Artwork © Bingo

Played by Offline Elidhu [PM] Posts: 16 — Threads: 4
Signos: 0
Night Court Citizen
Male [He/Him]  |  7 [Year 503 Summer]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 15 — Atk: 5 — Exp: 19  |    Active Magic: Charismatic Influence  |    Bonded: N/A

Reinhart
listen to the way the world hums and sways

Reinhart had been lost in a conversation with one of the many vendors in the Night Markets. He was back up to his usual schemes now that the buzzing inside him had started anew. He attributed the feeling to finally feeling at home once more, and his confidence seeming to have returned. The mottled gray man's eyes swirled as he spoke to the charming white mare with fiery hair and deep green eyes. She called herself Mavery, but insisted he called her just "Mave." The bustle of the markets and the flow of his magic worked together. The woman had something he wanted, an heirloom for one of the street urchins in Denocte's lower districts. It had been lost when their family's home was lost and wound up on the streets of Denocte. Undoubtedly the work of looters or thieves. His golden eyes swirled in a mesmerizing fashion until his concentration broke. The familiar voice of the man with the foreign accent shouting his name in the streets.

Reinhart felt the buzzing dull and he excused himself from the booth, leaving the woman looking bewildered and melancholy. His golden eyes tore themselves from the pale woman to the familiar form of Rylan and his dog and the spirit guide. A chill ran through his spine as he spotted the stag for a moment, but he swallowed his discomfort as he approached the nervous-sounding man. Reinhart moved through the sea of bodies toward Rylan with an easy smile on his lips. The buzzing roared back to life as he stops a few inches from Rylan. The warmth of his magic pours over the buckskin bronc, the parvus magic is sharing how excited he is to see the adorable man once more. Reinhart is of course oblivious to this fact, because he has never believed himself to be a mage. Mages were not possible in Novus. At least he couldn't possibly be one.

"Rylan, you came all this way to see me? It's nice to see your face again, you bring the warmth of the sun with you." Reinhart murmurs to the bronc with a wide smile as he offers his muzzle to the bronc. "Do you want to join me for a date?" The forwardness of Reinhart is genuine. He knows that he likes Rylan, and he doesn't want to wait around for someone else to realize they like him.

"speech looks like this"
@Rylan 
I love Rylan so much