Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Moonlight

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 1,400
Dusk Court Soldier
Male [He/his]  |  6 [Year 505 Spring]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 42  |    Active Magic: Aegis  |    Bonded: N/A

I'm ready to bleed to make amends
And sleep in this dirt we call our bed
So tell me your secrets
And join me in pieces
To fall and rewrite the bitter end

It was cold and bitter outside on a winter night. But the draw of the moonlight had Aeon out exploring. There was something freeing about being outside in the darkness. There were often less folks around, and there was just a serene stillness that enveloped everything. The howling wind kept him company, urging him to go directions he hadn’t been before. Day by day he mapped his understanding of the landmarks of Novus. It became more apparent as time passed that he would not be returning to the land of his kin. 

During his wanderings he had begun to hear muffled noises. Loud and lively but just out of earshot. He followed them curious and cautiously. He soon found himself in a bustling marketplace. He had never observed anything like it before. The flow of the equine seemed to move with its own rhythm and spirit. His senses were overwhelmed, the sights, sounds and scents overpowering.  He was so very far from home. 

He was able to slink into the crowd, feeling mostly unnoticed. It was hard for a large young colt to move smoothly between others. They seemed to come from all directions. He focused on trying to push through the masses to explore further. He would not let his mind settle on the feeling of being trapped with bodies pushing past his own. 

It was at this moment that he saw the moon up ahead. Pushing his way into the center of the marketplace he didn’t understand what he was looking at. He looked at the moon in front of him, then to the one in the sky. How were there two? The colour and the magnificence of it encaptured him. The rest of the marketplace ceased to exist. If they could bring down a moon, then maybe they would know something about sky volcanos.

ooc: @Luvena <3