Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Somewhere I belong

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 1,400
Dusk Court Soldier
Male [He/his]  |  6 [Year 505 Spring]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 42  |    Active Magic: Aegis  |    Bonded: N/A

I'm ready to bleed to make amends
And sleep in this dirt we call our bed
So tell me your secrets
And join me in pieces
To fall and rewrite the bitter end

The courtyard was warm in the early morning sunlight. Cold, frozen dew was starting to melt and evaporate. It amazed him that every morning this place was covered in a thin veil of frozen water. Not snow, but something else. There were so many situations he was slowly exposed to that he didn’t yet have the words to describe. Everyday there was something new to learn. Slowly, piece by piece he would understand his new home world. This was where he belonged. 

It couldn’t be a coincidence that this is where he would land.  Something deep inside churned, prompting him to hope that there was a greater goal. That all this turmoil hadn’t been pointless and random.  Otherwise, how could he know that it wouldn’t happen again? That he wouldn’t be ejected from novus once he had become comfortable.  Aeon was worried that he would wake up and be back there, back amongst his kin.  In this world he could be someone, he was in control. There was so much more to life. 

He would take each day as it happened, learning as much as he can. He would not allow them to send him back. He couldn’t go back. He sighed and closed his eyes, internally summoning his resolve. Liam and Bucky had taken him in, given him security and comfort. Novus had been nothing but kind. 

“Are you out there somewhere Vespera? Is this what you wanted for me?” he spoke softly with his eyes closed. He didn’t expect an answer, to receive one would in fact be frightening.  Understanding the interaction between one world and the next was complicated. He would have to learn more about Vespera and Terrastella. 

ooc: @Elain

Played by Offline Briallu [PM] Posts: 21 — Threads: 3
Signos: 1,440
Dusk Court Citizen
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  8 [Year 502 Winter]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: Dark Matter Manipulation  |    Bonded: Eomer (Eastern Snow Dragon)

I held an atlas in my lap, ran my fingers across the whole world
and whispered where does it hurt?

Each step that the trio takes is met with crunching from the frozen ground; each of them have a different way that announces their presence. Cailerian's collar jingles lightly, Elain's tail drags on the ground with a whispering sound, and Eomer's lantern creaks slightly. They are, in no way, a quiet group nor are they exceptionally loud. Instead they exist in a ''zone'' where you would notice them if you paid enough attention to your surroundings but they could just as easily go unnoticed if one were not on an alert. While Elain doesn't know exactly where they are she does know they're close to the courtyard, close enough that she's comfortable to walk with a little more ease than usual.

At least until they reach the stony area of the courtyard and then there's a hesitation in her steps, she's cautious of any ice that might be around. While she has Eomer and Cailerian with her she's still well aware that ice can sneak up on anyone, and that injuries are common when slipping on ice. For the moment her only thought is to cross the courtyard grounds safely.

It's Cailerian's huff and Eomer's gentle tap on her shoulder that warns Elain there's a patch of ice coming up ahead; causing the three to steer more towards the right and to go around it. All while doing this the albino kirin makes sure to pay as much attention as possible to any of the other things going on around her. It's this attention to detail that allows Elain to catch the questions of another in front of her but not far away. She's not sure if she's in front of or behind them, or even if she's staring at their side. However, Elain does know a soft, kind voice when she hears one and it makes her smile. Wait Eomer. Let's go this way. They abandon their original destination, which had honestly only been Elain's room in the Citadel, and Eomer leads the way for the other two. When the dragon stops all three of them - Elain, Cailerian, and Eomer - are in a safe distance from the one who had been speaking to the morning. "Are you searching for someone?" Her voice is soft when she questions the other with a slight tilt of her head. "We're sorry to interrupt, I happened to hear your questions though and it sounds like you're searching for someone."

"Talk."
Thoughts
Eomer

Tags » @Aeon
Voice » Lily Collins
OOC » HOLY GANDALF i'm sorry this is so, so, so late!!

The Paragon Child
x | x

Mild force & magic permitted within reason
Gather courage like wildflowers

Dusk Court Soldier
Male [He/his]  |  6 [Year 505 Spring]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 42  |    Active Magic: Aegis  |    Bonded: N/A

Aeon

So tell me your secrets ; and join me in pieces
TO FALL AND REWRITE THE BITTER END
He turned to address where the responding voice had come from. Nothing would have prepared him for what he was to see. A twirling creature that appeared to be a snake on legs, a creature that looked similar to a wolf, and a delicate beautiful looking mare. “Uh hello, hi!” he said slightly awkwardly with a small grin. 

“I was thinking out loud really. I am new to these lands and I was contemplating who Vespera might be. What she might want with someone like me.” he said with a nervous smirk. He felt slightly uncomfortable with the creatures he wasn’t familiar with. The soft way she spoke felt kind and warm to him.  He knew you couldn’t judge someone so readily, but he couldn’t help but feel that she was friendly. 

He wondered what Vespera would look like, or if she had a body. Did Vespera have preferences and things she liked? Or did gods just rise above all that fickle existence related preferences? Regardless of the gods, Aeon knew that he would work hard to make Liam and Bucky proud of him. They had taken him in, and he would prove to them that it wasn’t a mistake. That he would be strong, and he would be a good addition to Dusk. 

“Do you know anything about Vespera?” he asked softly, he was unsure of who the mare was. But it wouldn’t be hard for someone to have some knowledge to tell him. Aeon knew very little about the gods of Novus. 

His eyes gazed briefly over her, noting her scales and their delicate rose gold appearance. He hadn’t seen scales on an equine before let alone ones this eye-catching. Did they have any additional functions he wondered. 

“Oh, My name is Aeon, I am a dusk court soldier.” he added standing a little taller. He watched the creatures with her closely, he couldn’t help but feel a little uncomfortable with them around. He wasn’t entirely sure what to think of them or what they would think of him! 

Played by Offline Briallu [PM] Posts: 21 — Threads: 3
Signos: 1,440
Dusk Court Citizen
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  8 [Year 502 Winter]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: Dark Matter Manipulation  |    Bonded: Eomer (Eastern Snow Dragon)

“Lueur d'espoir”

Elain can't help but frown slightly in her own thoughts; she doesn't know a Vespera either and in truth the voice before her does seem to be asking some heavily philosophical questions. Despite this her frown quickly turns to a soft smile and an ever so subtle tilt of her head in his direction. "Thinking out loud can be a good way to clear your mind I think; though I would caution on how far down the rabbit hole of thoughts you go. As for that question you're asking in my humble opinion I believe they would want you to just simple be you. Is that not what we all want for those we love? Just their happiness is enough I would think." From his voice Elain wonders if he's young and maybe a bit nervous.

Aeon's question about if she knows Vespera causes her brow to furrow in a hint of distress simply because she does not and therefore can not help him. "No, I'm sorry I don't know much of anything here. I'm fairly new to Novus as well and don't often leave this area unless with someone." Her ear twitches slightly while she clears her throat a bit uncomfortable with having to admit that she's dependent on others so much. "Normally though I am with Reliquary and safely with my companions here. Eomer is my sweet dragon friend and Cailerian is my rather curious canine friend. Reliquary however is not around for me to introduce but he's kind, if you ever happen to see a tall stallion who looks like a benevolent god that is him and he's very kind." Elain frowns slightly with her ears tipping back in concern at the thought of Reliquary due to her knowledge that he often remarks on how others are scared of him. "He is shy though, he thinks he'll scare others. But anyways if you'd like I can try to help you find out about this Vespera?"

It is easy to say that Elain is a talker, in fact it would be an undeniably correct fact; though it comes with her soft personality and habit of being something close to a social butterfly when she's given the safety to thrive. Just as she's found here in the Dusk Court. It is a place for her to try and make connections, to spread her metaphorical wings and grow without clinging to Lorcan or Faelan. The albino kirin smiles brightly at Aeon and his introduction, she's truthfully thankful to know she's met another Dusk member as she's only known Liam so far. "I am Elain but you are welcome to call me Elle if you'd wish." In her words is a honeyed sweetness wrapped in a warm welcoming that you could say matches the soft delicacy of her appearance. Next to her Cailerian watches Aeon carefully with Eomer before the large dog pokes his nose at the lantern the dragon carries. It'd be easy to say that the Great Dog is paying no mind to Aeon but that Eomer is scrutinizing him; after all he did take pity on Elain when she got lost and decided that he'd keep her safe. And a dragon always keeps their promise.

"Speech"
Thoughts
Eomer

Tags » @Aeon
Voice » Lily Collins
OOC » <3

“Glimmer of hope”

Mild force & magic permitted within reason
Gather courage like wildflowers

Dusk Court Soldier

Aeon

So tell me your secrets ; and join me in pieces
TO FALL AND REWRITE THE BITTER END
He listened carefully to the mare that seemed to be offering valid advice. He had learnt that others with more life experience could often have snippets of information to tuck away that could be useful. He hadn’t heard the term down the rabbit hole before, he could only imagine it was a confusing place to be as it was underground. The next answer she gave made sense to the young stallion. He was still figuring out what happiness looks like, where he fit into the world of Novus. Since he had crash landed he had sought answers to many questions. 

“To be honest, I am still finding what happiness means. What to expect. It is difficult to know.” His sentences were short as he struggled to find the exact words to make his sentiments known. He was open to experiences and ideas, to guidance and company. It was just a continual adjustment he had to make in life. It was very different here then in the homelands of his previous life. 

“Novus is just so different from where I am from. I am learning, but it takes time.” he mulled over that thought briefly. “When I arrived, I couldn’t read, I couldn’t write and I couldn’t use even the most basic of mental agility to move objects like others. I’m still getting better at using my mind to move things skillfully. I am so thankful to Torielle for helping me to bridge into this new world.”

His eyes looked over her companions as she introduced them. Novus was a land full of strange and wonderful things. There was magic and mystery. It was hardly surprising that there were unusual animal companions as well. “Well Elle it would seem that you have good company around you.” he said softly with a chuckle. 

“I would welcome any assistance, but would Reliquary be interested in learning more about Vespera as well?” he asked softly; maybe a joint quest would make the other stallion feel more welcome. Aeon knew all too well the feelings of being excluded from a place. Of feeling like well…a vagabond without a true place to call home. 

Aeon had been fortunate to land in the dusk court. They had been welcoming to him, and this had been his home ever since. He would continue to seek to learn more about these lands. He hungered for more knowledge to put the pieces into place. To make it all make just a touch more sense. He needed the knowledge also to have half a chance of being in his own mind an effective soldier. If you don’t know what else the battle field could entail, then what hope would you have of preparing?