Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Desert Tempest

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Modes

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  7 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Jarek
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here behind the curtain lies a darkness feeding
Pooled inside, in hunger cries, and still it's eating
Everything I had to hide is all on my sleeve
And behind the curtain lies my soul, I’m bleeding
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He smirked as he listened to her reply.  As though it were not obvious she was attractive and he was obviously attracted to her. She had in a way been flaunting both her physical attractiveness and her intelligence. Mares without intelligence didn’t play games with strange stallions. He perked his ears and listened to her carefully, he had to catch every tone and meaning if he was to play this game. One had to be careful playing with snakes, it was a good way to get bitten. He needed to hold her close, but far enough that her fangs could not find its mark.  At least until he understood her true nature. Did she want the thrill of the kill or simply the chase?

“Is it not the way of things? Of survival and of enjoyment of what is clearly placed before us? Of warmth and bodies - better then the rain” he said smoothly with a raised eyebrow setting slightly closer to her. He pulled in his desires, he would not move close enough to feel her warmth. That would be too dangerous. This game wouldn’t be as entertaining if there wasn’t a true electric current of risk flowing beneath it all. 

He watched her once more change the mask she was facing him with. Once more playing the injured lamb for rescue. This game had become all the more entertaining, how many faces would she show him? “Well Fever, my plan is to try and find some shelter from this rain. Surely there is a cave somewhere to hold up in, at least until the weather clears up. But ultimately I wouldn’t suggest it generally wise to enter caves with strange stallions - but you are welcome to join me” His blue eyes flashed a wicked mysterious energy. 

How simple it was to state an obvious fact. He would move on with or without fever, it was her choice. She could follow him, or stay here standing in the rain. He was not invested in her wellbeing. He could see himself caring in a distant future, perhaps if they could get past the games they were playing. But for now he would entertain himself, if she wished for company he would allow it.  Perhaps she would want to find some warmth in this place with him.

image by:https://giphy.com/Allyouneediswall

Played by Offline nastyalicorn [PM] Posts: 37 — Threads: 8
Signos: 2,210
Day Court Entertainer
Female [she / her / hers]  |  9 [Year 501 Summer]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 7 — Atk: 13 — Exp: 33  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

temptable2
rip and smash through the hornet's nest

do you understand I deserve the best?

but you'll do what I want, do what i please

and do it again til I get what I Need
The strength it took to force Fever’s eyes to stay still within their beds was remarkable – though she is calculated and cunning in most aspects of her personality, containing her hot-tempered attitude was always a struggle. Instead of rolling them dramatically, the mare gradually blinked, chewing away at the inside of her cheek to stifle her growing irritation. With the mention of his plan to depart, Fever’s wicked gilded stare immediately finds his face.

“Jarek it’s been a real slice – but I’ll heed the advice of someone much wiser than me and not bed down with strange stallions. Despite the temptation -” A catch in her breath followed by the knife of her smile, “I’ll just return to the hole I crawled out of.” With a tilt of her head, she gives him a half-assed departure, slinking her body away from him and preparing her journey home to the West: to the sands of Solterra, those desert horizons she was so fond of. 

“I expect us to cross paths again, after all, I told you I am more enrapturing in the light of the sun.”

Although, if you were to ask her, she is beautiful at all times, even in the soggy state of decay that winter brings. Fever knows her beauty is a well-loved weapon, and she was content – no, thrilled - to press it into the throats of those who got too close. 

Perhaps that’s what Fever actually wanted most: to feel unapologetically loved. She was enamored with the idea of everyone else falling helplessly in love with her - worshipping the ground she walks on, asking to be spat on and thanking her for it, someone eternally eager to be the one to fill her cup. The obsidian golem had been correct in his assumption that she craved relationships – 

But Fever is a selfish snake who doesn’t wish to risk her heart or time for anyone.

She would rather seek those who would endlessly praise her venom while receiving nothing in return from her.

Is that what it would feel like to be God?

Solis’s image crossed her mind and she couldn’t help but maliciously smirk as she descends to the deserts. Perhaps Solis and her were not so unalike as she had previously assumed.

OOC: @Jarek Closed thread! : ) I'll archive it for us!
CODE IMAGE

[Image: 45505141_kShAGp5UVRG2Lvt.png]

i am a forest fire; i am the fire and i am the forest
and i am a witness watching it

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »