Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Fly away, little Butterfly

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Thread Modes

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 11 — Threads: 2
Signos: 20
Nigh Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  12 [Year 499 Summer]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 27  |    Active Magic: Mage  |    Bonded: N/A

savannah

you shine in this pitch darkness
that is the butterfly effect

The stallion eyes his friend as she laughs, before snorting once, "Or rather, Absynthe, you have a very dangerous condition of believing you are not worthy of the love others wish to bestow upon you." The stallion argues with a disapproving frown. "Unfortunately, you have not yet realized, others could care less about your own beliefs and will care for you regardless, and that is where your troubles may likely begin. You are still so focused on not believing you are worthy - that you mis-construct their reactions to your actions. I shall warn you now, should you ever assign your own interpretation to my actions, and reactions - I shall be forced to re-educate you." The stern look to his features clearly was meant to show that he would not tolerate this destructive behavior from her.

He does have to snort at her reaction to their friendship, and merely reaches out to ruffle her mane in loo of a response, before smirking, "I'm one of the most powerful mages of my home world, so powerful, this world has had to corrupt my power into a more distinctive form to control my abilities. I am fairly certain you couldn't lessen my ego if you tried." He teased, winking playful, shaking his head as the gems from his draconic horns chimed at the motion, his dual-hued eyes sparkling playfully, "Not only am I magically powerful, I'm undeniably handsome as well - really is unfair to those who are more dreadfully boring, don't you agree? I've been blessed with so many positives. It's only for the world's sanity, and ability to keep functioning do I find it best to obscure my appearance in public." Besides, how was a powerful mage to work properly if others knew who to go to, to solve all their problems. That had been a trouble back home, had been one of Master Merlin's first lessons, so that Young Savannah would not risk having a similar history . . . and so Savannah had kept to the practice, even here in this world as well.

At her teasing, the stallion snorted, "You're not much my type, as you are well aware; Absynthe." The stallion snorts. "And I most certainly do not need accosted." He added with a deep, rough snort, before smirking at her reaction to the slugs. Of course, it did the job to help her see her actions for what they area, and as he stood from where they had been talking, he brushed his tail along her back in a soothing motion he (and she from previous talks in the past) knew was a trait he'd picked up from his mother to offer comfort from others. The stallion tilted his head, "Well, you best get on then, and straighten things out with your cousin. And perhaps, speak with her about the things you've spoken to me about. Perhaps she will help you redefine your definition of who you should be. Perhaps, you'll listen to her when she tells you that you, as you are even now; is the only version of you - you should be. God only knows how often you've ignored my reassurances of this for years.

">Now begone, little fae. Flutter those wings of yours in your cousin's direction. I have to finish getting my workshop and living quarters in order, and if I start taking more items out of boxes, I fear you'll blow something up. You have an odd talent of knowing just what not to touch, and I have no desire to be injured so soon in arriving in a new place by having to put myself between you and what ever explosion you've decided to cause.
" He stated as he herded her towards his door, "Out, out. I'll send for you once my workshop is in order, and if you need me before then, I am certain you'll be able to find me easily enough."

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Absynthe
Notes: A little tough love?

Character Art/Design © Dyzzie

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 33 — Threads: 8
Signos: 5
Night Court Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Winter]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Dance like no one is watching

Syn shakes her head at her friend. The idea of someone wanting to give her love was foreign to the mare. "I suppose the idea of affection is foreign to me. I wouldn’t dare to touch your reactions. You are one of the few I trust with everything that I am. I may not agree that I deserve it, but I will not argue with you. I love you Sav. You are my better half no matter what." She murmured softly. 

Syn laughed at his words, leaning into the brief touch from him. "You just worry that someone will find your beyond handsome facade appealing and you will never be free of them." She teased. No matter what had happened with Caelum, the knowledge that she had Sav at her side made her feel better about the world around her. That fact alone was enough to give her a chance to feel better about life. She could get through everything that life threw at her. 

Sav opened up for her to tease him further and it made her laugh. "Oh darling… Just admit it. We could make a beautiful couple to take on the world. Not to mention the incredible children we could bear." She laughed, unable to continue as she shook her head. There was no way she would act upon her teasing. Ew. Sav was closer to a brother than anything and would always hold a special place in her heart. The brush of his tail soothed her and gave her the strength to get back to her feet. 

"I have said it once, and I will repeat it. I hate when you are right." She groaned as she moved. "And I will have you know, I have been practicing responsibility and not causing explosions." She teased him gently. "I love you Savannah… I am so thankful you are here." Syn murmured as she moved through the door. Rather than heading to her cousin, as instructed, Syn found herself moving toward her home. She needed time. Time to wrap her head around everything and figure out what she would say to Caelum.

@Savannah
"Speaking."
Notes: Closer on my end <3

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »