Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus
Poll: Do you accept Uzuri as the second sovereign of Terrastella?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
100.00%
4 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Maybe
0%
0 0%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Private  - The first step is the hardest (Liam)

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 77 — Threads: 21
Signos: 35
Dusk Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  11 [Year 500 Spring]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Neema (Maned Wolf)

Second Sovereign Voting

@Liam has offered @Uzuri a seat by his side on the throne. It is up to the court whether or not she is fit to wear the crown.

Second sovereign voting will follow the same rules as normal sovereign voting. Only those with a character in Dusk court may vote, with only one vote per member. @Marthanoir and @Chaosy may not vote. If voting maybe, please let us know your concerns! You will have until 03/04/22 at 11:59pm novus time to vote.

Pure of Heart

It was time. Not that Uzi felt any more ready now than she had when she first returned back to Dusk, to her home. There were still echos of her past, the muscles that itched to return to training as a warrior, the scent of her mother long hidden in a fold of cloth in her home. The memory of the stallion that had made her feel visible again after so long. But those memories were not ones to hide from any longer. She had done just that, hiding in her shop day and night, drawing beauty from steel and finding herself once again.

But this day was not one for the forge. This was one that she needed to take to do the duties that she had once held. Not long ago, the multi-colored mare had been the Dusk court champion of battle. She had been so proud for that role, had trained her entire life to take that spot in Dusk… and now she felt so adrift and invisible once again. Staring at her door, the portal that would take her far from the safe haven she had created, Uzi took a few deep breaths. There were faces she would recognize, those she longed to see again. A new sovereign, rumors that one familiar face had become sovereign before she returned and then disappeared from sight. "Rhône…" She murmured softly, taking a breath and glancing at her bonded. The canine was snuggled warmly in her blankets and Uzi was loathe to bother her.

Taking that first step was hard, the knowledge that she was trying to find herself once again even though she was not the mare that had left. Padding out the door, she moved with a muscular gait that betrayed the warrior within her heart. The many years of near religious training that had molded her body into a weapon just like those she now created. Memories flooded her as she walked, but she let them ebb like waves. How many of those that she had adored were still here? Were they all gone like Rhône? Sighing softly, she moved into the court proper and gazed at the citadel. Would this leader even know of her name? Would she be spurned away yet again?

Entering the first room, she glanced around her. She lifted her head and gazed at one of the guards. "Excuse me, I was seeking out the sovereign. Would it be possible to see him?" She asked, her voice more solid than she felt herself. 

"Uzuri"
"Neema"
@Liam
Notes: Poor girl is still so lost lol

Played by Offline Marthanóir [PM] Posts: 69 — Threads: 8
Signos: 10
Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/His/Him]  |  Immortal [Year 494 Summer]  |  20 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 57  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Liam Kenway

In the time that he'd been Sovereign, he'd been the only one who was in charge. There was no one to help him shoulder the weight and responsibilities that came with ruling, with those who depended on him. Of course, he would never consider the needs and wants of his citizens to be a burden. Liam enjoyed it when others depended on him. It meant that they put their trust in him, or at least part of their trust. He was still relatively new to Novus when compared to someone like Bel or Rhone or, hell, even Israfel. Because of this, he would have understood if the Dusk Court citizens kept their distance, were wary of him.

Hell, sometimes he was wary of himself. Mostly because he doubted himself, but also because he was sure there was someone else out there that could do this job better. Flicking an ear backward as he walked through the rows upon rows of books in the Dusk Court library, his advisor walking alongside of him, Liam perused the different tomes lined up on the shelves, interested in the expansive history of his court. With each new Sovereign, everything changed, everything morphed, and new laws or rules were instituted. It would take a long time to read through everything, but it was something that he was almost certain needed to be done. After all, how was he to avoid making any and all of the same mistakes that past Sovereigns had made?

The Citadel was chilly, but the days were slowly starting to warm up as spring finally started to slowly roll around. Days were becoming longer, nights a little less dark and cold, and the sun was becoming warmer. Utterly loathing winter, Liam tried his best to stay on top of things within the court, but of course, there were things that he'd missed. He'd missed how Elain had settled in, how Asta was getting on after moving into the Citadel, and most of all, he missed Bucky. The grumpy stallion had been keeping mostly to himself, something that Liam didn't exactly blame him for. The quiet moments that he got to himself were some of his favorites, though he would never tell any of his citizens that. In fact, Liam enjoyed it when they popped up; it meant that he was needed and they sought out his expertise or even his advice.

Speaking of which, the sound of someone entering the Citadel caught his attention, and the copper-burnished stallion rushed out of the Citadel's library, grinning as he saw Uzuri standing there at the entrance. "Uzuri. Please, do come in. I actually was about to seek you out. I have some things I'd love to discuss with you if you're up for it?" Liam inquired, facial expression open and soft, welcoming and warm.

"Liam Speaks."

Notes;; AHHHHH I'm so excited!!
Tag;; @Uzuri
Voice claim;; Chris Evans
Words;; 471

I'm with you till the end of the line

Credits

Dusk Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  11 [Year 500 Spring]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Neema (Maned Wolf)

Pure of Heart

The building was chilly, though not uncomfortably so. It was rather nice after the heat of her forge and the fires that she spent much of her time with. The weapons she made were works of art, were pieces that brought the Pegasus mare joy to simply see. They were like jewels in her armory, each an individual piece with its own unique fingerprint. 

The image of the copper stallion made Uzi smile. His greeting was warm, so much warmer than she had expected. They had only met briefly, but she respected the stallion. ”You were?" She asked softly, stepping in and approaching the stallion. "I would be honored to speak with you. I was hoping to do so myself." She laughed softly. 

"Did you wish to speak here, of was there somewhere that you would rather relax and speak?" She asked, eyes glancing around the citadel and taking in the large architecture. This is quite the beast of a building, rather intimidating for the mare since she had been rather secluded within her own forge. 

She stretched her wings and let them settle, some of the stiffness from waking was still plaguing her joints. With that stretch, she felt her muscles relax and some of the tension ebb away. No, this wasnt the stallion she had been smitten with, but she was happy to see him. Happy to find a place where she could possibly belong. That seemed to be the biggest longing in her heart. A place to belong. Once, she was a champion… a member of the court that was actually doing something particular. Now, she felt adrift and rather like a stick in the creek.

"Uzuri"
"Neema"
@Liam
Notes: Poor girl is still so lost lol

Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/His/Him]  |  Immortal [Year 494 Summer]  |  20 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 57  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Liam Kenway

Since spring had been slowly and belligerently arriving in Novus, Liam hadn't had the fireplaces lit in the Citadel, and there was a brief briskness in the building that wasn't entirely unpleasant. The sun was bearing down on them, warming everything with its strengthening rays. At the very least, Liam was becoming more and more excited; the winter and chill were both going away, and he wouldn't have to deal with it for quite some time.

The smile on Uzuri's face had Liam beaming, and he was happy she'd come to the Citadel. There were important things he needed to discuss with her, some changes on the wind, and it was imperative that he got her unbiased opinions. "I was!" He chuckled softly, his smile seemingly growing. "Well, fate has smiled upon us both, it seems," he jests, his mood good-natured and amused.

Her question was met with a brief pondering, and he shook his head gently, figuring that it would be good for him to get out of the Citadel for a bit. "We can either chat here, or we can go to the Citadel's garden and take a small walk. Whichever you prefer," he offered, his blue eyes bright and sparkling. The copper-burnished stallion was in a good mood, and he couldn't shake the feeling, not that he'd want to.

Wordlessly, he watched as Uzuri stretched her wings and let them settle, and briefly, he wondered mindlessly what it was like to have the ability to fly. Somehow, Falcon had gotten himself a pair of mechanized wings, and so had Anthony, which had, at one point, left Liam to be jealous. But he decided he was happier here on the ground; there were too many things that could have gone wrong with those wings. Taking a moment to stretch a hind leg out, Liam gently motioned toward the Citadel's garden just beyond the library doors before he started moving toward it, his advisor following a few strides behind them. "Tell me, how has Dusk Court been treating you? Everything been going well? I've noticed that the weapons stock for Terrastella has increased in the last couple weeks. Are you getting out of your forge enough?" Rather than sounding placating or demeaning, Liam's voice was gentle, soft, curious. He cared about his citizens and wanted nothing but the best for them, which was why he was inquiring about Uzuri's habits and how she'd been lately.

"Liam Speaks."

Notes;; !!!!!
Tag;; @Uzuri
Words;; 406

Credits

Dusk Court Sovereign

Pure of Heart

His happiness was infectious as she watched him. There was something so likable and familiar about him, something that drew her in like a moth to a flame. There was nothing deeper than friendship in her heart, but that was something that she could feel herself drawing closer to. "Fate has had a strange sense of humor lately. My world is not what I expected a few years ago, but not in a bad way… Just different." She laughed, pausing to listen to his next words. 

She nodded as he spoke, her warm chocolate eyes meeting his bright blues. "A walk in the garden would be pleasant." She answered as she perked up. She hadn’t seen the gardens yet, but then again she hadn’t been inside the citadel either. 

She noticed the gaze upon her wings and shot him a shy smile. "It seems to take some time to work out the kinks in my wings when I first get moving in the mornings." She laughed softly. When he started forward, she easily fell into step with him and listened to his words. His advisor following was an odd moment for her, not used to being followed about during a conversation.

Her thoughts were jumbled as she tried to understand how to answer. "Dusk is definitely different from before I left, more withdrawn it seems… Or at least to me. It has taken me time to reclaim my home and start trying to find myself again as a member of the court." She answered candidly, not thinking of filtering her words as she spoke. The idea of getting out of her forge made her laugh softly, mostly at herself.

"My forge, and my home, have been my safe space, my bubble. That is the last place I have memories of my mother and it makes it a bittersweet balm. The forge has been a great distraction and has let me work though emotions." She said, not completely saying that she had been a hermit lately, but not hiding it either.

"I think my seclusion has been a matter of trying to understand the changes that have come in my world. I started my life trying to learn how to fight for those that had no defender. I worked, I trained… I pushed myself to become a champion… then I walked away because I lost my way." Pain and regret were thick in her voice. She hated herself for walking away the way she had, but there was nothing that she could do to change it. All she could do would be to push forward and prove herself better and more mature than she had been. 

Realizing that she was babbling, Uzi dipped her head. "I apologize… I usually dont ramble like this. I have been having a hard time figuring out my place now." She laughed softly, shaking her head and looking up at him. "Please dont let me monopolize the conversation. You had thoughts as well." She said, hoping he wouldn’t start regretting the conversation this quickly.

"Uzuri"
"Neema"
@Liam
Notes: Don’t mind quick reply <3 She has massive muse atm XD and is apparently very talkative

Dusk Court Citizen

Liam Kenway

More than anything else, Liam wanted his citizens to feel like he was approachable. He'd served under rulers, kings, other soldiers who would tear into you if you even so much as looked at them for assistance. There was no way in hell that the copper-coated stallion wanted to come off like that, and he wanted his court to have an open-door policy. There was nothing too big or too small that could be brought to his attention. Nothing would ever bother him, and he wanted them to know that. "Every experience in life, everything with which we come in contact in life, is a chisel which has been cutting away at our life statue, molding, modifying, shaping it. We are part of all we have met. Everything we have seen, heard, felt, or thought has had its hand in molding us, shaping us," he points out, giving Uzuri a gentle smile. "I think life just likes to throw us some curveballs to make sure we're paying attention."

Nodding in acceptance of her answer, the stallion took a few steps back to allow her the space to pass before falling in step alongside her. "It is a bit bare, what with the winter just recently relinquishing its hold on us, but it'll be back to full bloom in no time," he points out gently again, glancing at the sky through the glass in the Citadel windows.

The shy smile was met with his own, warmth coloring Liam's cheeks. "I was just thinking about how I'd be too worried about my wings failing me if I had any," he comments, his laugh shy and timid. "A couple friends of mine had mechanical wings, and I have no idea how they worked, but they did. The two of them were able to fly surprisingly well," he finishes, gently pushing the doors open to the garden, his advisor staying by the doors as the two other equines went off on their walk.

Wordlessly, he listened to Uzuri, taking in everything that she had to say. Dusk had changed, Liam was certain of it. Of course, whenever there was a leadership change, the stallion was sure that the court would change. With each new Sovereign came a new regime, a new way of ruling, even new champions, amongst other court staff. There was a gentle laugh coming from Uzuri, and Liam found his own lips curling up at the corners.

The great captain remained silent as Uzuri continued explaining, allowing the mare to get everything off her chest that she needed to. There were a lot of emotions at work here, emotions that needed to be talked about and discussed in order to be able to make sense of them at all. In a way, Liam hoped that this meeting would be just as therapeutic for her as it would be monumental. Hearing what the forge meant to her had a soft pang flashing through Liam. He understood that better than anyone else. There were a few mementos from his own mother back in the home he shared with Bucky, and he'd do anything to keep them safe.

Nodding in understanding at the way Uzuri was describing the way she grieved, Liam offered her a gentle smile, tenderly brushing his shoulder against her own. "Never apologize for rambling or for monopolizing the conversation. I didn't think you were doing either; I want you to see this as a safe place," he murmured, throwing her a tender smile as they walked. "I find it— almost humorous that you say you fought for those that had no defender. When I was younger, I was that very person. I had no one to defend me, no one to really stick up for me. Unless you count Bucky, but I didn't meet him until I was about a year old or so. For a long time, it was just me and my mother, who passed away just a few short weeks before I met Bucky," he explains, flicking his ears gently.

"I'm incredibly grateful that you have the forge and that you have something to help keep you distracted from everything that's happened. I just hope that you don't get too lost there," Liam murmured softly, turning his head to gaze at the mare. "That brings me to the reason I was going to seek you out today. Uzuri, as you know, I've been the Sovereign for quite some time, and while I've thoroughly enjoyed my time being of service to Terrastella and her citizens, I feel like there's been something missing. Recently, Denocte has welcomed a second Sovereign — Luvena. I bring this up, because I wanted to offer you the position of second Sovereign for Terrastella. You don't have to accept it now; you can take a few days to think about it if you want to."

"Liam Speaks."

Notes;; I'm squealing askdfjasd
Tag;; @Uzuri
Words;; 810

Credits

Dusk Court Sovereign

link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Handlee" rel="stylesheet">
Pure of Heart

His words were wise and honest, making her warm to him even further. This was a stallion she could see becoming close to, a stallion she could be friends with. Even though he was the leader of her court. "I always worry that the turmoil that comes with life will cut too deeply... Perhaps we are like clay, taken too far, we can always be built back up with those that we have around us." She answered with a smile. Perhaps it was the blacksmith within her heart that let her see things the way she did, but she loved that she could.

Uzi laughed softly as she listened to him describe the garden. "Doesnt spring bring out the best in most of us? Winter gives us time to assess and figure out the changes that the previous year has caused and as we come into spring, we can let those changes and improvements shine for the world to see." She answers, taking in the citadel as they moved. It was easy to walk beside him, to speak honestly and openly with the copper stallion.

His words regarding wings made her chuckle softly. "Even the surest of wings are prone to accidents. I have seen beings with multiple wings struggle in certain situations." She answered as she moved. "At one point, I was determined to be the strongest, to be able to succeed in any situation. I trained my wings and body relentlessly, to be able to fight and defend. Since I stopped training, I dont fly near as often as I used to." Her answer was honest and blunt, but warm.

The touch from the stallion centered her and caused her to smile up at him. He was definitely larger by a few hands, but not enough that it was awkward. "Sometimes having that push is helpful to let yourself become the being you need to be. I was the outsider for so long that it took a lot of time to find any confidence." She answered before her ears took in his next words. She found herself stopping movement and simply staring at him with wide eyes.

"Um... wait... me?" She asked softly, feeling like she was on the precipice of something huge. There, before her, was an offer of belonging. A place where she could really be a part of her home. A way she can help. And she was terrified by the idea. What if she failed? What if she said something and Liam realized she was an idiot and couldnt do it? All of the ideas that were swirling in her head had her barely breathing.

"I mean... " She paused, trying to find the words that were just beyond reach. "If you are certain... I would be honored. I am not necessarily the one that most would think of. I have been invisible. But I would love the chance to make a difference..." She murmured, chocolate eyes still wide and shocked.

"Uzuri"
"Neema"
@Liam
Notes: <3

Dusk Court Citizen

Liam Kenway

The multi-colored mare had a point. It would make sense that they were like clay. Trauma happened, but they were rebuilt from that, built taller and stronger, only to repeat the cycle. Sometimes it was exhausting, but other times, it was extremely rewarding. "You know, that makes a lot of sense. Whenever something happens, we get torn down, but then we rebuild, we get stronger. We're moldable, easily shaped by things that happen to us. I haven't ever worked with clay personally, but I understand what you mean; other friends have worked with that medium before," he remarks, nodding his head in understanding.

The soft laugh from Uzi had him grinning and he made a noise of agreement. "For most of us, it does. Some thrive in the winter, though, and wilt come spring and summer. I like your analogy, though. What better time to improve yourself than when the warm weather comes around? Winter is so dark and gloomy; I try to keep the Citadel lit during the night, and I try to keep it warm, too. It's bad enough we only get a few hours of daytime; we shouldn't have to suffer with the cold inside, too," he explained, making a motion toward a partially burned log as it sat in the last fireplace they passed before they went outside.

Quietly, he listened to her explain her wings and how even the surest of wings could be prone to accidents. That would explain the multiple crashes that Anthony had when he first started using the wings. Even Falcon had a few mishaps. "I've seen a few crashes. They looked worse than they were. Both of them got up and walked off, but the mechanical wings were damaged, and had to be rebuilt," he comments off-handedly, pricking his ears at what she told him, his brow furrowing in concern. "I truly hope that no one was forcing you to train that hard, but if they were, that is incredibly harmful on their part. You could have been seriously injured," Liam remarked, that same concern edging into his voice.

As he told Uzi that he wanted her to become the Dusk Court's second Sovereign, she stopped moving, and he grinned at her as he moved, making sure that they were facing each other again. He tilted his head to the side a little when he heard her talk about being an outsider. "I hope that things are going okay at your forge and that you're finding things in Dusk comparable, if not better, than before you left?" He inquired gently, his expression kind and gentle, amusement flickering on his face.

"Unless there's another mare here named Uzuri? Yes," he jokes, his expression still kind and gentle. There was a moment where he started questioning himself, started wondering if he was doing the right thing. At no point did he doubt Uzuri. No, he was doubting himself. If he'd known what Uzi's fears were, he would have been quick to dispel them, chase them away quickly, and let her know that he would never think she was anything but brilliant. Asking questions were how one learned, how one grew. If you never asked questions, you would never grow.

To break the ice a bit, Liam huffed softly, his lips curling into a teasing, gentle grin. "Well, don't sound so excited," he teased, his voice good-natured as he gazed at Uzuri. Ears pricking as his expression sobered, he sighed ever so softly and fixed her with a gentle look. "While you may believe that not most people think of you when thinking of a Sovereign, I must say that I've been keeping an eye on everyone in the Court for this reason alone, and I truly believe that you are the perfect fit. Especially after what you said at the meeting when I introduced myself to the Court for the first time. That was when you appeared on my radar. I have to honestly say that I was incredibly flattered by what you said. It— It meant a lot. But yes! I want you to take this opportunity, to achieve something that you may have been wanting to achieve for a long time. I want you to make a difference."

"Liam Speaks."

Notes;; I'm squealing askdfjasd
Tag;; @Uzuri
Words;; 708

Credits

Dusk Court Sovereign

link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Handlee" rel="stylesheet">
Pure of Heart

His words made her smile, his understanding of her words. "My teacher had me start with trying to build a sword from clay… it took me way longer than it sounds like it should, so I got plenty of practice on how to take a block and make it what I wanted. I prefer metal, but there is something reassuring about clay and the fact you can always add more material. Metal isn’t always that forgiving." She laughed softly. Her first bit of learning had been chaotic at best as she dealt with her own emotions and trying to understand his words. 

His grin was electric and had her feeling like she really had made a friend with the copper stallion. Hope started to spring in her heart and she felt a stab of worry along side it. What if he was just humoring her and wasnt as fond as she felt herself becoming? "Honestly, I have had times where my heart felt like winter even in the depths of summer warmth. Where my heart is hardened and cold, a wall of ice protecting it from further trauma. I think the seasons of the world and the seasons of who we are and who we are becoming have parallels. We may feel them at different times, but they still are there. Times of pain and coldness, times of happiness and warmth." She said softly, smiling at the fireplace and the warmth it would give. "Sometimes it takes a place of warmth from outside of our own emotions to thaw the winters and help us to grow again. Like plants in a greenhouse." She remarked, feeling her own heart warming and that thread of happiness that was trying to work through her defenses.

Uzi shook her head at his worry. "No… no force. I was stubborn and determined to prove myself even though I had a long way to go. The only one pushing me was myself. I couldn’t stop, was afraid that if I lessened my own training outside of the training with others, I would fail. Afraid that my own strength would prove the doubters correct in that I was not strong enough to hold my own." She answered honestly, taking a deep breath once she had finished. There was still that little voice in the back of her mind, telling her that she was fighting for nothing and would never get to where she wasnt invisible.

She was still floundering in the words from the sovereign, her eyes following his every move as if waiting for a strike. "Um… I think that there is differences that are interesting to try to wrap my head around. My entire goal in life has shifted from being a warrior to creating beauty and use from metal. But my desire to find a place where I belong is still there. I keep busy, making more than I need to, simply to keep the voice that tell me that I will never succeed from winning. I am grateful for those that I have met, for the friendships that I had before. But I am not the same shy mare that I was. I am finally feeling that I can move forward and be better than before. Like I can find something new and not be afraid." She answered softly, giving him a smile. "That I can find others to speak to and possibly make friends that are honest and true for the first time in a long time."

Uzi snorted softly. "I cannot say that I have met another. Though the meaning of the name might fit another better. I was never one to consider myself a beauty." She laughed softly, taking a moment to glance at her strongly muscled body and shake her head. 

Uzi laughed softly, smiling up at him and feeling some of the fear ebb away. "Trust me, it is not a lack of excitement. Rather the shock of being asked to step forward. I have felt invisible for so long that it seems surreal. Like a dream that I will wake from and find to be all undone." She answered softly, feeling that she could speak to him like a friend without worry of him spurning her words. "All I have ever wanted in my life was to make a difference for those around me. To help those that need it and be able to lead others to be willing to do the same. I would love that chance, relish it." She answered, pressing her muzzle to his shoulder to prove to herself that it wasnt a dream.

"Uzuri"
"Neema"
@Liam
Notes: <3