Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Bones to Pick

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Scapeh [PM] Posts: 75 — Threads: 6
Signos: 645
Night Court Medic
Male [He/Him/His]  |  11 [Year 499 Winter]  |  18 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 22  |    Active Magic: N/A & N/A  |    Bonded: Noor (Irish Elk)

G A R E T H

The winter months had gone by much too quickly for the stallion’s liking, though for his elk companion, they could not pass fast enough. It was bad enough that the earthen brute had invited the predator woman to follow them home so that he could heal her wounds, but it had become painfully obvious that the two of them were dancing around feelings of romance. Did it matter that she had nearly eaten him upon crashing into their lives? Apparently not. When the trio had separated in the Arma at the turn of the Winter season, the elk became concerned when it had taken an entire week for them to be reunited. And when they had? She had been wearing one of his furs that stank of their combined scents and carrying one of his satchels full of the preserves that Gareth had made for Salome. 

Noor had made it abundantly clear he disapproved of his friend’s choices. If the elk had been forced to pick between the vampire lady who had already broken the stallion’s heart twice (which was already twice too many for his liking anyways) and the strange carnivore woman who had tried to turn him into a Chinese Take-out box, he would have rather thrown himself from a cliff. But it had not been his choice- it had been Gareth’s, and Gareth had thought that pretending not to fall in love with the dangerous predator was the better option. 

He denied it of course, in true mountain man fashion. It was no surprise to Noor that his friend would bury his true feelings. The stallion had a bad habit of doing that with just about everything. Sad about your childhood sweetheart getting married off right under your nose? Congratulate her on finding a successful husband, and then entrench yourself in shady dealings and peddle your skills as both healer and poisoner. Torn apart when she returns years later to stand you up without any explanation? Hole up in the mountain in a desperate and pathetic bid to see if she’s just really really late. When she comes up a year after that, do we get upset or just immediately forgive her? Apparently we forgive her, profess our long held love as she confesses to being a bloodsucking undead creature and then watch her disappear once more into that dark night. 

Gareth could have taught a masterclass in denial, and Noor made a point to remind the stallion of that fact often. Running from the obvious only made one look and act like a fool, and it did not become the gentle giant to look like a buffoon. 

The entire winter, the medic had tended to Pangaea, careful to manage her pain, to learn more about her muscle structure and her culture. Only a child could have written off his interest as mere bedside manner. A blind, deaf and dumb child. They had been sharing a bed for Caligo’s sake! 

To say that the elk was looking forward to the woman’s departure would have been an understatement. He didn’t trust her as far as he could throw her, which wouldn’t have been very far to begin with, anyways. She had insisted on putting in her fair share of work once she was able to get around more smoothly, and it was that very insistence that put the trio at the lakeside that warm spring afternoon. 

“These cattail are fantastic for helping prevent infection,” the stallion said, turning to speak to Pangaea as Noor trailed behind her. “In fact, it was part of the salve I first used on your wounds during the blizzard. The sap is particularly useful, but you can dry out the leaves and use the ashes in the same way, though it’s not as potent.” 

He began harvesting the useful parts of the plant, storing them in one of his hip satchels. The medic had been teaching the saurian mare some of the basics of healing, though only that which applied to her own treatment. Gareth enjoyed sharing his knowledge with her, and she seemed to appreciate the explanations as to what he was doing to her. The laceration to her ankle was almost a faded memory, the wound having healed almost completely. That would mean that their time together would be coming to a close, and the brute was going to use every opportunity he had to spend more with her, regardless of his companion’s protests. 

"Speech" | Noor | @Pangaea | Since this is supposed to be a thread focused on Noor and Pan, I'm going to provide things more from his perspective over Gareth's <3 

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 64 — Threads: 7
Signos: 50
Vagabond Tactician
Female [She/Her/Hers/They/Theirs]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  18.2 hh  |  Hth: 7 — Atk: 13 — Exp: 29  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

P a n g a e a

when i open my eyes
in the morning, i thought of you
i look out the window, i thought of you

Spring had arrived, and with the gradual warming, the saurian woman was feeling brighter as well as a lot better. She enjoyed the time now. Helping Gareth as they wandered about, his gentle explination for the items he harvested. But she could also sense Noor's displeasure. Gareth had realized she wasn't a hungry, mindless killing machine ... but Noor still saw her as the predator.

It made it even harder to realize those feelings that they'd blamed on the environment lf the cave hadn't been fleeting. She clung to the time she had left with Gareth, knowing eventually they'd have to part ways. Knowing eventually she'd over stay her welcome, eventually Gareth would have to choose Noor, soothe his own worries. And she'd leave, even if it may not be far.

In the time to pass, Denocte was its own balm to the mare who saw herself as an outcast, and monster. The idea of leaving Gareth would be hard enough, but leaving Denocte all together wasn't happening. But she was determined to enjoy the time with Gareth she had left . . .

But today was different. She kept close to Gareth, her gaze split from checking on Noor behind them, and the landscape. She couldn't shake the feeling that something was off. Something was watching. It prickled her skin, distracted herself so much she hardly noted what Gareth was explaining, merely nodding her head distractedly.

The flash of color that looked out of place among the greenery was the first sign. She stiffened immediately, stepping away from Gareth and Noor, eyes now locked onto the vegetation. But there was no reflection of eyes. Where was it . . . Pangaea's entire body froze, blood running cold as she realized where the faint croaching figure slowly was approaching, and a snarling cry, low in her throat, like a reptilian throat rumbled out. Long, drawn out, a warning that had the figure pausing. 

"Noor. Move slowly, but closer to use. Immediately." Her voice was low, cautious as her ears pinned back, one hind leg scratching at the spil, turning up the grass and new flowers budding under hoof. The figure seemed to respond before the separation of her back could be fixed.

A wild animal lunging from a different part of the foliage, closer to the elk, and Pangaea cursed herself for not catching onto the very pack tactics she had used before - distract with one so another could track into position and attack. Pangaea's wings snapped out, moving before she could think her actions through.

Her mind repeating what Gareth had told her of bondeds.. what Noor met to him, what it could mean to lose him. In an odd opposite of how she first met them, it was Pamgaea slamming her weight into a predator. Her teeth clamped down on the creatures scruff even as she drove it into the ground with all her weight, teeth clamped but not delivering the killing blow as she held the predator to the ground.

She was too busy listening to the reactions. Two more. The one she'd spotted, and another further in, both sounding younger, less growls like the one she held in her jaws, more hesitant whines. One clawed limb pinned the predator to the ground, wings flaring out to block the sight of the elk from the tree line, a threatening sound, prehistoric and unheard for millions of years left her as she stared down at the prey beneath her.

Only when it seemed to realize it was dealing with something more ancient, more dangerous did it stop its struggling, the growls turning to whines. She pulled back slowly, even as the strength of her tail was proven as it whipped around, slamming into the slowly standing creature, sending it stumbling before it finally ran away, its tail between its legs.

Pangaea turned slowly towards Noor, her hair disheveled, a few fresh, but shallow scratches on her shoulders, her neck, her cheek. "You're alright?" She asked the elk, not daring to approach, knowing fair well he didn't care for her, not wanting to make the situation worse. Only after she visual looked the elk over did she look towards Gareth briefly, hazel eyes allowed to meet hazel, before her attention returned to the elk, a slight worried frown for how well he might be handling two threats in as many seasons.

These creatures and citizens of Novus weren't used to the constant threat of danger like she had been forced to live by for so long. She'd worry about herself after she made sure Noor wouldn't enter shock.

blankly another passes by again

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Gareth
Notes: <3

would you think about me
i thought about you
everything around me gets
coloted by you with familiar scent

Artwork ©Sephinta

Night Court Medic
Male [He/Him/His]  |  11 [Year 499 Winter]  |  18 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 22  |    Active Magic: N/A & N/A  |    Bonded: Noor (Irish Elk)

G A R E T H

It made the elk uncomfortable, the way the winged woman looked anywhere but the medic. She had barely taken her eyes off of him the entire winter, and suddenly, now that she was more capable, it seemed like she was looking for some sort of escape route. He didn’t like it, not one bit. Sure, good riddance to the creature that had fangs and claws in places a horse aught not, but her behaviour was alien and it crawled under his skin like a thousand hairy spiders. 

His haunch still bore the scars from her attack, and he was beginning to accept there were parts of his fur that would never fully heal over. Though Noor made an effort to disguise it, he walked with a limp, favouring his right side when they traveled for too long. The trek from Gareth’s home to the lake to gather cattails had taken most of the morning. 

As the woman’s gaze passed over him for probably the hundredth time since reaching their destination, the elk snorted in annoyance, his audits flicking. He caught the sound a few precious moments after she had already moved, the thud in his heart quickening. Rarely did a noble predator give clues to their location. Pangaea certainly hadn’t when she came careening out of the sky to whisk him away and eat his liver and everything else. No, a smart predator wouldn’t allow themselves to be spotted so easily. The fact that she appeared as troubled as Noor by the rustling only fueled his fear. 

What on earth could exist that she had to be afraid of? Up until her attack on his own flesh, the elk had grown accustomed to living without the concern of becoming prey to some fiendish predator. Now he saw shadows wherever they went, beasties of all shapes and sizes that were ready to gobble him right up if given the chance. 

The sound that rumbled from her throat. Sweet Solis that sound was unreal. Ancient. Roiling. Threatening. Purely predator. It made Noor’s blood run ice cold in his veins, her directions to move impossible to follow. No way in hell was he getting any closer to her after that display. Let whatever was in the tree line take him instead, it would be more merciful. 

The leathery snap of her wings extending pulled the elk out of his trance with a startled cry, his vibrant green eyes bulging from his skull. He stumbled back, trying to put as much distance between him and the beast and whatever came lunging out from the lake boundaries. It wasn’t particularly successful, since his legs wouldn’t work properly. 

Fuck! Oh gods, Gareth she’s gone lost her damn mind! What the shit? I told you! I told you she was going to turn on us one day, and now she’s got her chance and we are going to die because you thought she had a nice ass! 

It didn’t once occur to the panicked animal that she would have any inclination to defend him. She’d already tried to eat him once; as far as he was concerned she only saw him as a particularly forbidden snack. That was, until he heard the continued rustling in the foliage, the other cries. There was more of whatever had come from the tree line and she was shielding him, her wings more than sufficient at blocking his visage from any of the other would-be predators. 

As if the first sound hadn’t been terrifying enough, the second sound that ripped from her lips damn near caused Noor to shit himself. There were no two ways about it, no pleasant terms to describe it. The elk felt the distinct shifting in his intestines that told him he needed to vacate whatever extra weight he was carrying and run. If the wolf pup hadn’t already held second thoughts about his attempted attack, he certainly would have them now. 

He stood frozen, barely able to comprehend the events that just occurred. It felt like his eyes were going to pop right out of his head, and he could barely hear anything over the sound of his own blood rushing through his veins. She asked him a question. 

Am I alright? Am I alright? First you try to eat me, then you spend three months making the googly fuck-me eyes at my friend. And then you scare the absolute piss out of me because some ding-dongs didn’t know enough to sense a bigger predator and how to pick their battles. No, I am not alright. I am confused, and angry, and you, you should have been gone by now and we all know it, but softie over there needs an excuse because he can’t just come out and admit that he also has the dumbstruck cupid’s arrow sticking out of his poor heart against any better judgment that might be left in his much to sympathetic brain. Noor’s trembling legs finally gave out from under him and he collapsed to the earth, grateful for the warm spring grass as he provided an absolutely stellar thousand yard stare. 

Thank you. The thought was pressed gently against the stallion’s mind, in stark contrast to the tirade that he had been subjected to just moments before. 

Gareth had barely any time to react to the situation; the event as a whole had taken only a handful of minutes at most. A booming laugh erupted from his chest as he responded to Pangaea’s inquiry. “He says yes, and thank you,” the stallion told her before locking eyes with the elk as he moved his head to protest, cutting off his line of thought before he could even begin. 

“I told you she was good people,” he said. “And I think she just beautifully demonstrated that point.” He didn’t add that the display, while mildly terrifying, had also quickened his blood intensely. He wanted nothing more than to hear what other primal sounds she could make, to run his muzzle against the heat of her skin and drink in the powerful scent that came with her absolute command of the situation. No, he wouldn’t add that. Master of denial. 

"Speech" | Noor | @Pangaea |

Vagabond Tactician
Female [She/Her/Hers/They/Theirs]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  18.2 hh  |  Hth: 7 — Atk: 13 — Exp: 29  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

P a n g a e a

when i open my eyes

It was over as quickly as it had begun, the taste of blood on her fangs, the sense of victory clouded with concern. She couldn't speak to the elk in a manner that would allow her to know if he was okay. He dropped to the ground, and she is quick to jerk back. Her head far away from him, backing up a few steps to keep from making it worse by looming over him.

She didn't want him to think he was trading one predator for another. Gareth's laugh soothed her own chaotic thoughts knowing it must be okay if he was so well enough to be laughed at. She smiles faintly, raising a brow at hearing the elk thanked her, "While I'm sure he has a lot to say to you on the subject of me . . . I'm not so sure I believe that's all he said." She snorted, even as she expressed her own relief that the elk was more or less alright, her body slowly relaxing, the sense of being hunted gone as quickly as it had taken to prove who the real predator was.

She warmed at Gareth's praise, her tail swaying slightly from where the reptilian core bound in hair was wagging in delight. "He's you're bonded and he's pack." She replies simply, even as her gaze settles on the elk, "I've lost one pack, I won't lose even a single member of my new one." She adds, a touch of steal to her tone even as she records her leathery wings. It's why she couldn't just bring herself to leave yet . . . To imagine leaving any time soon . . . Because Gareth, and Noor by extension, had folded their way into her being, and she couldn't imagine any other way to live (and she had no desire to have to relearn to sleep alone, to live alone). "I'm just glad you're alright." The raptor-horse stated honestly, before trotting to the water's edge, her gaze sweeping to the beaded thin scratches, before smiling sheepishly to Gareth, "Small scratches from what ever fur-covered hatchling that was, safe to let it heal naturally after a quick cleaning, right? What was that cresture,, by the way?" She adds as she turns away from the water, returning to her to companions while carefully maintaining that carefully constructed distance from Gareth, her gaze on Noor to see if he was calmer yet. "Perhaps we should cut this trip short . . . Just in case those hatchlings come back with the rest of their pack. Pack hunting is hard to take on, especially for a species I'm unfamiliar with."

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Gareth

would you think about me
i thought about you

Artwork ©Sephinta

Night Court Medic

G A R E T H

Noor watched as the saurian backed away from him, and he ducked his head in mild shame. She was trying to be mindful of his needs, and he had been such an ass to her. Or well, about her, to his friend. Her acknowledgement of his feelings towards her compounded his feelings of guilt. Though, could he really blame himself? After all, she had started out by trying to eat him. Still… she had done nothing but try to gain his favour, and if not that, at least his tolerance. And he had done nothing but spurn her at every opportunity. Clearly, he was the one in the wrong here. 

She claimed the elk as part of her ‘pack’, as she called it. That meant that she would defend him with her own life, if necessary, though it would likely never come to that. Noor remained silent as he tried to work through his feelings on that, staring at one of the mushrooms that grew from his haunch as Gareth responded to her queries. 

The stallion nodded. “They look relatively superficial. A thorough wash should do fine, but you can add some cattail to them to stave off any potential infection. You never know what kind of sickness those pups could have been carrying with them.” He moved to dislodge one of the spindly plants at the root.  

“Those were wolves. They probably live close to the mountain base, and got their first taste of what it’s like when you misjudge a hunt,” he chuckled, snapping the herbal remedy in half to coax the sap to the surface to be used. “Here,” he said, proofering the stems so that she could treat the wounds herself. 

He returned his gaze to Noor, who seemed to still be struggling with something, though not nearly as frightened as he had been moments before. The stallion nodded in agreement with Pangaea’s suggestion. “Plus I’ve gathered all I really need for today, and it’s probably a good idea to make sure you didn’t overexert yourself. That ankle may be healing, but that was more than just the average activity that you’ve been doing.” 

The elk snorted, rolling his eyes. Yeah, sure. You just want to keep her here longer. On uneasy limbs, the stag pushed himself upright, shaking the rest of his nerves off like a dog trying to rid himself of lake water.  And she has a point. We have a long walk back and should get moving before nightfall. Gods forbid we are stuck out after dark and you two decide to hole up in another cave. The jibe was in good spirits, however, more annoyed than genuine disgust. 

Noor turned to Pangaea, vibrant yellow-green eyes looking at her for the first time as something close to an equal rather than an outsider to be watched with caution. He nodded to her, very deliberately. He wouldn’t bow to her, but he would acknowledge that she wasn’t all bad. Alright. Let’s go before one of you jumps the other. The bonded companion curled his lip a little bit, nares twitching as he moved his gaze to Gareth. You reek of hormones.  

The stallion suppressed an amused chuckle, nodding for Pangaea to go before him. Noor knew the way home, and the medic could easily take up the rear, or follow alongside the mare who had just saved his companion. Things had started to come full circle, and if he didn’t know any better, he might have taken it as a sign from the gods about the future. As it stood, there was a part, deep in his heart, that hoped such a future could be true. He had grown accustomed to having the warrior woman in his home, and it would be incredibly lonely if the day ever came when she decided to move on. 

"Speech" | Noor | @Pangaea |

Vagabond Tactician

P a n g a e a

when i open my eyes

She was pleased to know she'd been able to deduce the seriousness, or lack thereof to her injury. At his words of a wash, and some cattail, she nods, locating some fresh moss, still slick with the crystal clear water and using it to wash the wounds thoroughly as she had seen him do. As she works, she listens to him describe the creatures as wolves, her expression curious as she accepts the cattail, and applying it. "Wolves. We had something similar back home. Much larger and lived high in mountain caves." She commented as she carefully applied the sap before approaching him with a playful glint to her eye, "Did I treat it right?" She asks, letting him judge it before trotting over to the still downed elk, casually tossing a subtle line over her shoulder with a saucy wink, "Too bad its just a scratch. I wouldn't have minded having you take care of me so thoroughly for a few more weeks, Doctor."

She laughs at the ideabof not overtaking herself, even as she checks over the struggling Elk. She is cautious, before nudging her muzzle reassuringly against the elks shoulder. A gentle touch that came natural for a pack creature who showed support through slight and subtle touches. The careful distance she kept from Gareth made so much harder for that fact. Made their nightly snuggles that much more precious. " I'm fine!" She chirps, flashing Gareth a reassuring smile, "I was careful. Just a quick lunge, mostly wing work." She promised, "I am more worried about Noor going into shock." She is relieved when the elk snorts and rolls his eyes. Noticing the way his legs quiver, her tail instantly swings to support him until he finds his balance, shakes off his nerves, and steps away again. 

She wasn't expecting him to turn towards her, especially not nod to her. Her answering smile is vibrant, filled with delight that lightens every line of her face in warm bliss. Itnwas as close to acceptance as she had ever expected to get from him. Her gaze returns to Gareth when she is motioned to go ahead. She raised a brow, even as she began tobtrek back home, "Not going to walk with me Gareth? I thought we'd already established I only bite when hungry . . . Or asked." She'd be the first to admit the casual nudging she'd been dropping into conversation the more she was healed, a subtle reminder of the conversation they'd decided to touch when she was better. Her nuzzle turned to a smile, noting the ease of Noor's movements that proved he wasnt succumbing to shock, before her gaze jumped to Gareth, "So, I heard talk of a Spring Festival being held soon?" She offers for conversation,  "Festivals sound like some sort of cultural celebration? We're going, won't we, Gareth?" Together, ideally, even if not together-together.

Gee when did she turn to hatchling terms to describe their relationship verses what she wanted it to he. Like versus like-like, together versus together-together, Pack mates versus mate-mates . . . . Now why did that thought get her heart pounding so thoroughly?

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Gareth

would you think about me
i thought about you

Artwork ©Sephinta

Night Court Medic

G A R E T H

Doctor. Noor snorted, rolling his eyes just a little bit. He understood the implications, though obviously Gareth did not. 

The medic knew that the comment was in jest, but there had been an edge of something more that he was unsure of how to place. Flirtation was not something the man would consider to be one of his fortes. Far from it, in fact. Case in point, his failed childhood romance. He’d been oblivious to all of Salome’s subtle returned affections for years. Clearly, the stallion wouldn’t have known true interest if it came up behind him and bit his flank. Which, apparently, Pangaea was open to doing; she might just have to anyway to get her point across. 

As the small company began their journey back towards home, the stag made a point to try to tune out the conversation of his companions. He didn’t want to know anything about bites when asked, or about the kind of bedside manner in which his friend conducted himself. Instead, he cast his gaze about the scenery. Despite the run-in with the wolf pups, the lake was still a beautiful sight to behold and provided something more interesting to look at beyond the copse of trees they had been spending the winter in. 

Deep red hues rose to the surface of Gareth’s cream splashed features. He tried not to think too hard about what that would feel like. To have her teeth on his skin; or vice versa. The stallion quickly cleared his throat, averting his gaze so that it was easier to push away the images of his muzzle at her shoulder, her neck, along her spine. 

At the mention of the Delumine Spring Festival, his audits pricked at attention. The brute nodded. “It should be officially starting in a week or so. As for what it will be like, I have no idea. This cross-court festival is the first of its kind. There have been inauguration celebrations, sure,” he explained. 

“When new Sovereigns are placed on the throne so to speak, the court is often open to any who desire to pass on well wishes or otherwise acquaint themselves with the new leadership. But a festival showcasing the different artisans and court members is new, at least within my memory, which is admittedly lacking in most areas regarding court politics.”  

The way she spoke about attending together threw his gut into a tizzy, like he had swallowed a bucket of snakes without remembering. “Well,” he started slowly, “I offered my services to the medic tent, so I will be going regardless. If you feel that you are up to the days long journey there, I would be delighted to have your company.” 

He cast his gaze ahead to his bonded companion, continuing. “Noor has already told me he has no interest in any kind of crowded event and has elected to stay home.” He glossed over the added benefit that traveling alone together meant being able to rest next to each other without feeling the hot gaze of his friend judging his life choices in the early morning. It was certainly a perk he would be looking forward to, as it sounded like Pangaea was intent upon joining him in the upcoming festivities.

"Speech" | Noor | @Pangaea |

Vagabond Tactician

P a n g a e a

when i open my eyes

It was like flirting with a rock . . . . Where was the stallion that swept his muzzle across her spine, that first night. Like she was his favorite beverage waiting to be drank in? She'd have assumed her own subtle flirtation was off if not for the elks snort at her words. So . . . He understood. Then again, that first night she had to be upfront about her craving . . . . Fine then. She could be on the nose if need be . . . To make a point. To make a step. To try to win her home for keeps, this stallion for keeps.

Challenge accepted. The stallion glances away, clearing his throat and she smirks at his reaction to the mention of the word 'bite', even as Noor seems intent to ignore the completely. But Pangaea was determined to be brave, and in a rare breaking of their rules of distance, she brushes her muzzle against his neck."What's wrong, Gareth? Does the word bite bother you?" The words are breathed against his skin as she breaths in her favorite earthy scent that clings to his skin at all times. She purposely let's her fangs lightly scrape his skin as she adds teasingly, "Or does it excited you?" She muses, pulling away as if she wasn't testing his self control.

He seems to cling to the topic of the festival, and she smilesbtonsee him trying to hide the slight flustered she had caused. He explains the fact it is something new, something unknown before mentioning he was planning to attending, though Noor would not. His promise to accept her company had her taking the not so subtle hints a step forward. A soft purring rumble echoes through her throat, a sensual sound full of delight, "Ot's a date then, we'll go together." She purrs, her voice hitching an octave lower with that slow rumble, keeping her gaze forward and watching his reaction from the side of her eye. She grins tossing back her wild blonde curls, as she looks towards the thickly built stallion, and this time she brushes against him, her entire side brushing up against his, both to exchange scents and to keep prodding at the unspoken heaviness between them, "I'm sure i can handle such a long journey as long as I have your company . . . After all, I only slept well when I'm curled up in your embrace . . . " She adds with a casual smile, before tugging on a strand of his mane, "I am already looking forward to such private time together." She promised, finally removing her touch from his skin, as if she hadn't touched or rubbed up against him in the first place.

If he was going to be a rock about it, she'd chisel away those edges and make him see what she wanted, one forceful chip, and touch at a time.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Gareth

would you think about me
i thought about you

Artwork ©Sephinta

Night Court Medic

G A R E T H

Oh for the love of Vespera. Really Gareth? Are you blind and deaf?

The thought cracked through his mind like a whip. He was somewhat grateful for the intervention, as he was certain that the chaotic mix of hot and cold that shot through his core at the tantalizing touch of Pangaea’s fangs to his flesh was the source of some unknown demon. Some sinful, lustful thing that was unlike anything of the gentleman his grandmother had raised him to be. 

A date. Gods, Gareth, she’s about as subtle as that mare that crashed into the earth in a blazing ball of light. You can’t seriously be missing this, can you? Noor snorted, turning his head briefly back to watch as the saurian woman took advantage of their synched steps to rub against the stallion. I might not have been very approving, but you can’t seriously tell me that you are completely oblivious? 

The medic tried to remain stoic, the kind and courteous man that he knew he was. It had become incredibly difficult, however, as Pangaea purred deliciously, creating as much physical contact between them as possible. A primal hunger stirred in him, a low rumble in his chest as he inhaled her lingering scent. He grit his teeth, trying to swallow the sound before it could escape, before she could notice just how easily she turned his gentle ways. 

The mare casually tugged at a loose lock of his mane, a teasing gesture that mimicked the kind of taunts many young colts would give pretty fillies when they were unsure how to express themselves. He had seen it a dozen times in his youth, but it was never an action he had ever been involved in, on either end. It only took two heart breaks, a near mid-life crisis and one particularly cozy winter that involved some questionable medical ethics to get there. 

“Ah… yes. Me… uh… too.” Gareth stumbled over the words, his tongue heavy in his mouth. There were several things he would have rather been doing with that tongue besides trying to speak with it. 

While the relationship between a bonded companion and their equine left their connection open to telepathic communication, the stallion generally spoke aloud because it was more familiar. That did not mean that when his thoughts were particularly blaring that they did not project themselves to Noor, whether he wanted to or not. 

The stag made a strange noise, a combination of startled and disgust. Whatever image his friend was thinking of doing he wanted no part in it. He shook his head violently. Too much, Gareth! Too Much!  Put that thing back where it came from or so help me… 

The stallion instinctively flattened his ears in embarrassment. He hadn’t meant to share that particular fantasy, and he could imagine that Noor would have liked to have gone his entire life not remotely privy to the inner workings of the brute’s a… personal preferences. He cleared his throat again, trying to loosen the grip on his vocabulary so he could speak properly. His deep baritone shifted to an uncomfortable crack as he said, “We should probably get a move on, before the sun sets. Those wolves, you know…” 

"Speech" | Noor | @Pangaea | closer

Vagabond Tactician

P a n g a e a

when i open my eyes

Progress! The low rumble in his chest, as primal as that first night in the cave. It sent a shiver of desire down her spine, eager suddenly to feel that rumble breathed against her skin. Wondering if the touches would be soft and sweet, or desperate and possessive. Somewhere in between.

He stumbled over his words and her smiles starts to grow until something passed between elk and horse. Noor's reaction seemed to switch her stallion off again, his words found, despite the embarrassment. But still she could tell he had shut it down again, and she couldn't stop the pout, pulling away from the direct touch. But she doesn't give up the space.

She was doing beating around the bush. So she kept close enough for the occasionally brush of pelt on pelt as they walked, "It is getting late . . ." She agreednwith a soft pout, "And I am feeling tired . . . Let's hurry home, so you can put me to bed, yes?" Shw suggests, with that same slow, rumbling purr, her gaze cutting playfully to the stallion, her smile tantalizing now that the kid gloves where off. And in the comfort of home, she wouldn't even have to behave like she did out in public either.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Gareth

would you think about me
i thought about you

Artwork ©Sephinta