Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fade to Black  - This is what dreams are made of

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 143 — Threads: 21
Signos: 0
Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

Everything I've done, I've done for you. I move the stars for no one.

All morning, the pair had been searching for a new home. A place where they could grow their relationship. And that new home was something that Sol found himself still wary. What if it was some dream and he would wake and find it all back the way it had been? Such a change would probably kill him. At this point, he had officially given his all to the beautiful mare.

He had left earlier in the afternoon, claiming that he had an errand to run in regards to the house he was selling in dawn court. Rather than heading to dawn, he went to the night markets. There he found a selection of foods, ones that she would love and ones that he could eat without needing to think about trying to eat any meat. A variety of drinks and sweet treats. 

Heading back to the swamp where Bel currently lived, he headed toward where she had been last. "Bel?" He called, eyes alert for the mare. There was an idea for where he wanted this picnic, and thankfully it wasnt far from the swamp. Not seeing her, Sol laughed and shook his head. Perhaps she was deep in the swamp with Yuki. Stopping at a tree close to where they usually met, he pinned a simple note to the bark before continuing toward Amare Creek.

My love,
We have been seeking all day.
Perhaps it is time for a break? I have
Gathered a picnic for us and will
Be waiting for you at Amare Creek.
-Sol

Smiling softly, he danced through the swamp and into the meadow around the creek. A soft smile crossed his lips and he found a place where he could set up the picnic and wait for her.

"Speaking"
@Below Zero
Notes: ---

CREDIT to Miss Sparkle (offsite)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
i could make you happy
make all your dreams come true
nothing that i wouldn't do
go to the ends of the earths for you
to make you feel my love

Settling into this way of life was already proving to be surprisingly easy. Sure, it was a bit odd for Sol to suddenly just be there . . . but, it was happier to. It was filled with warmth, filled with the promise of a future. And so as she trotted her way to where he usually fetched her from the swamps after one of her 'soaks' to keep herself hydrated, she paused in surprise that he wasn't there. Where they meeting somewhere else? There wasn't another house to look at yet was there? She hadn't thought so . . . She glanced around, confused before spotting the note. Approaching it curiously, her head tilting to the side, curiosity filled her. What did the stallion have planned?

A smile on her face, she immediately set off, her steps light, eager to carry the short distance that would bring her to her oaf of a stallion. It's not hard to find him amongst the others, his massive form easy to spot, dark against the greenery of the budding springtime. She was curious about his decision to meet in Amare Creek, however . . . especially in this season . . . She doesn't ponder on it for too long, instead approaching him with a grin, not even giving him a second to greet her before she had collided into his side, snuggling herself underneath one of his wings, and rubbing her head beneath his jaw. "A picnic? What's the occasion?" She asks in lieu of a greeting, surprised, but pleased by the spread, before shooting her stallion a playfully quizzical look, "And is there a reason we're having a private picnic without Jiri . . . in Amare Creek?" She added, a playful grin on her muzzle as she tugged on a strand of his thick mane.

Not that she would mind . . . if that had been his intention, she was the one who had suggested a spare bedroom after all, and what better time to plan for a new addition than when they're settling in and have all the time to get set up anyway?

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam
Notes:: 

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 143 — Threads: 21
Signos: 0
Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

Everything I've done, I've done for you. I move the stars for no one.

Sol grinned as she appeared, his golden eyes tracing her form as she grew. Yep, he was definitely in love. There was a part of him that wondered if there would ever be a true Novus union between them, but at the same time he didn’t care. He was hers and she had said mate first. That was more than enough for him. As long as they were together, he would be in heaven for the rest of eternity.

"Since when do I need a reason to dote upon the reason for my happiness?" He answered as he was tucking her within his side. His heavy wing settled over the alien mare at his side, keeping her close and letting him breathe in the scent of her.

"Perhaps… On one side, Jiri is getting more independent and stubborn… On the other… Well, you were the one that encouraged shopping for a larger house than I was thinking…" He teased her softly, nuzzling her neck. 

Sol smiled at the mare, eyes taking in the fading afternoon sun that danced along the creek. "My love… We have had such an odd and tumultuous road since we met. We had time as friends and grew closer than I ever expected. Our time as friends is something I will forever cherish. Even so, I, and I hope you, am ready to take things forward. To continue to explore the new events and feelings that have lead us to where we are. Where I am so thankful that we are. He murmured, his wing pulling back so he could run his lips over her flesh. They may not have the union of the realm, but he had so much love for the mare that he was determined to make sure she knew exactly how he felt with no guesswork. No more hiding it to try to avoid rejection. 

"Speaking"
@Below Zero
Notes: ---

CREDIT to Miss Sparkle (offsite)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
i could make you happy
make all your dreams come true
nothing that i wouldn't do
go to the ends of the earths for you
to make you feel my love

There is something electric about the solar beast. His eyes trail over her as she approached always seemed to spark like static across her sleek hide. Tiny goosebumps that erupt at that soft look. Today, right now, in this land it felt like something more. She grins at his answer, pulling her into his side, his wing holding her close and she leans into his embrace as if he were the sun and she'd been deprived of it for too long. "Well, by all means then; dote away." She retorts playfully, nuzzling her forehead against his neck, before glancing up when he mentioned Jiri getting more independent, and bringing up the encouragements of shopping for a larger house, and she grins at his soft nuzzle.

His words are warm, soft, full of tender love as he mentions things moving forward, taking the next steps, and exploring things deeper. Her grin turns deeper, and she tugs at his mane as she pulls away from him, beckoning him to follow her, "Well, Jiri is getting older, old enough to be a proper help with small hooves underfoot." She agrees, pulling him deeper into the vegetation, the picnic forgotten for the moment, "So . . . let's take that next step." She teases with a wink, pulling him with her, and falling into their next big adventure without hesitation.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam
Notes:: 

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]