Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Interactive Quest  - Jewel of the Desert

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 143 — Threads: 21
Signos: 0
Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

Everything I've done, I've done for you. I move the stars for no one.

Sol woke with a start. He was in the inn, Jiri in the room beside them and Bel in his bed. The stallion should be surrounded with nothing but bliss, but he felt like there was something missing. Something that he needed to find. Laying still, he recalled the dream that had woken him.

The landscape was familiar, though no longer wrapped in an icy embrace. The canyon warm and still. Blood still littered the walls and floor, blood of himself and others, as well as the thick blood of the creature that they had fought. But it was not the battlefield that was calling to him. Further in the canyon, he had found a hidden cave. It was that finding that had called him, the moment of discovery shaking him from the hold of slumber.

Groaning softly, he nuzzled the mare beside him and got to his hooves. All he wanted was to stay with her, to enjoy their world as it was growing to become. Moving through the room, he exited and entered his daughter’s room. Jiri was still sleeping peacefully. A smile crossed his features and he went back to the room that he and Bel were sharing. 

Crossing to the window, he watched the dawn colors spread over the sky. It was early, far earlier than he tended to wake. Even knowing that, he couldnt find it in himself to fall back into slumber. Instead, he watched the sunrise and listened to the soft breaths of the woman that he loved. The breaths of his mate. The one simple word was enough to steal his breath and he turned to smile at her.

"Speaking"
@Below Zero
Notes: Figured this could take place the day after the ftb thread <3 

CREDIT to AbsoluteZeros (offsite)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
i could make you happy
make all your dreams come true
nothing that i wouldn't do
go to the ends of the earths for you
to make you feel my love

The mare slept peacefully, far more peacefully that she had ever expected in a bed like this. Curled up against the large stallion who radiated warmth, even as her own vapors were at frigid temperature while, keeping her skin hydrated despite the heat, the blankets, everything she had ever worried about while sleeping. Sol had definitely changed her mind about only sleeping beneath the waves. A slight shift of the bed shook her from her slumber, eyes blinking open wearily as she felt the soft nuzzle, the scent of her mate, before his warmth was gone. Yawning, she glanced up to see him moving towards their daughter's room, before Bel's head lay back down, eyes drifting close.

Her ears were perked though, listening as the stallion returned to the room, but when he didn't lay back with her, the sleepy woman opened one eye, seeing him standing at the window. "Sol?" She murmured quietly, her voice still heavy with sleep as she slowly climbed to her feet, approaching his side before leaning heavily against him, yawning as she buried her face against his feathers, "Why are you up? Come back to bed?" She asked, tugging at his wing gently before opening one eye to sleepily stare out the window, "It's too early . . ." She added, trying to burrow deeper into his wing and away from the sun before turning and walking back to the blankets and bedding, and laying down, patting the bed beside her for him to join.

"Stop staring out the window, come lay down, silly stallion; and tell me what's got you up so early." Especially when she thought they both deserved a sleep in after all of their excitement the day before.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam
Notes:: 

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

There was a yearning to go back to bed, to get close to the mare that he adored. Yet there was still a desire to investigate the dream. Her words caught his attention and he stepped closer to her. Nuzzling her cheek, he looked at her with a heated gaze. "For a creature that is from the arctic, you seem to crave the warmth of my wings." He teased softly as he draped them over her. When she moved away, he laughed softly.

When she patted the bed, he shook his head and chuckled. "I had a strange dream… I would have sworn it was real." He murmured, stepping closer but not laying down. "I was back in he canyon… I could smell the remains, see the blood on the sand. It was so real, so hard to differentiate between what the end was and what I saw. And deeper within the canyon, I was being called… I found a cave… but I woke before I could see what was within. I have to go and see… I have to know. Maybe the cave isn’t there, but what if it is?” He answered softly, his gaze drifting back to the window and the world beyond it.

He looked back to his mate, eyes shadowed with emotions. There was nothing he would rather do than to stay close to her and enjoy their time. But yet it was like a siren song on the wind. There was a part of him chuckling at the idea. It didn’t seem like that long ago when she felt something similar. The darn mare had lured him into the water even!

But he didn’t have a bonded… had never had a desire for one. He was immortal, had been gifted with magic and his beautiful, if stubborn, daughter, and was with the mare of his dreams. What more could he ask for? 

"I would love it if you came with me, though I wouldn’t be angry if you decided to stay. I just can’t shake this feeling that I need to go. That I have to figure out this mystery…" He murmured as he moved to where he had kept his satchel lately. Within it, a medical kit that he had been given by Pol and a few odds and ends that would come in handy with things that might pop up.

"Speaking"
@Below Zero
Notes: <3 

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
i could make you happy
make all your dreams come true
nothing that i wouldn't do
go to the ends of the earths for you
to make you feel my love
The alien mare approached her mate with out hesitation, despite the sleepiness that fogged her brain. Snuggling into his side, beneath his wings, and leaning into his scent as she settled there. "Not the warmth." She corrects with a sleepy edge to her soft words, her face pressing into his neck, and breathing softly, "Your scent is stronger here." She explains, eyes closing as she tries to hide a yawn. She doesn't last long before she's laying down once more, trying to drag her mate back to bed with her. She does open her eyes more fully at his comment of a dream.

They'd been together long enough to know some senses you cannot ignore. Both had magic, both were immortal, and she herself had a bonded that she was close to (who now slept peacefully in the room with a lounging pool kept cold just for she and her bonded. However, the knowledge his dream had him back in the canyon, seeing the blood, the remains. She shivered, frowning faintly. "Sol . . . that doesn't sound like a normal dream . . . We both know what those callings mean. We've followed them too many times now not to believe them." The aquatic mare reminded him, watching his gaze turn back to the window, and with out even having to guess she was certain he was staring in the direction of the canyon.

She didn't like this. She didn't like the idea at all. It would change their family again, she was certain of that. And with the potential of new life being carried with in her after their events yesterday, she worried about what that change would be. But she also knew she would never let him go alone. So even as he is offering her the chance to stay behind she is already getting up, moving around the room and handing him items that had been taken from the satchel while they had been setting up their new life in their new home. "Don't be stupid Sol, you know I'm going with you. We do this stuff together." She stated, bopping him in the him with her tail as she passed him to check on Jiri, finding her still asleep and leaving her a quick note, Your father and I will be back before dark, don't do anything I wouldn't do. Love Mom. before returning to her mate, "Well, what are you waiting for. Let's go." And she smiled reassuringly, even if her skin prickled at the idea of returning to that place where she had seen him fall from the sky, broken and bleeding.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam
Notes:: 

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Dusk Court Blacksmith

Sol laughed softly as she breathed him in. "If you say so." He teased as he nuzzled her. Her tugs to get him back to bed were met with an amused smile. Flashing his golden eyes, he shook his head.

Sol groaned softly at her words. "If that isnt the truth. It seems that we are prone to being called by the forces that want us to find the next big thing in our life. This feels similar... yet not the same as my magic did." He murmured, his eyes seeking whatever was calling him.

Sol smiled at Bel and dipped his head. "Less being stupid and more being cautious, my love." He laughed as he felt her tail connect with his shoulder. There were memories from that battle that were trying to surface, the reminders of pain and fury. Leading his mate out of the room, he started to make the way to the canyon. As they approached, he found himself slowing and glancing at her.

"Feels like forever ago, yet just yesterday.. " The fire beast stated, watching the flames from his hooves dance over the sands. The ice was gone, the land back to normal... outside of the blood that had darkened the grains. The sight of the hulking beast's remains made him pause and glance at Bel. That day had held so much emotion and chaos. The scent of blood brought him back to the moment that his wing had been captured by the teeth. A phantom pain danced along his bones and he shook his head.

"I think it was this way..." He murmured as he carefully skirted the corpse and moved further down the canyon.

"Speaking"
@Below Zero
Notes: <3