Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- Shall we dance [Private]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Modes

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 12
Signos: 125
Vagabond Monk
Female [She/Her/They/Theirs]  |  7 [Year 503 Summer]  |  15.1 hh  |  Hth: 46 — Atk: 14 — Exp: 69  |    Active Magic: Stellar Divination  |    Bonded: N/A

V e i l N e b u l a
Visions of your pretty face send me into hyper space
Caught up in a palentary world
Her world was broadening.

Not necessarily from just her studies with Tori, although they helped, as the two would lay among the pillows of the library, and Veil would learn about the things the universe just didn't understand, didn't have concepts for. But what was really broadening her world was having come into her own. Remembering who she was was more than just her location. Around her voices spoke freely, excitement over the festival underway, and the star could cry with delight as the words came easily to her, filling her heart with joy to know what the sounds meant, to understand.

She eagerly skipped her way through the area that was being set up, her gaze dancing around the shops and booths, before coming to stand before the bonfire that would be lit later.

It was where she and Tori had arranged to meet up.

She was giddy with excitement, and not just from the knowledge she would be seeing Tori again. It was always a nudge in the back of her mind, eager for hours to pass by for their next scheduled lesson. She didn't understand why she was always so eager, the concepts of love and affection foreign to her on levels of intimacy and romance. But she knew enough to know Tori was precious, more precious to her than the stars.

And as a star, that was certainly saying something.

But, she needed to be patient, Tori would come when she came, and not a minute sooner, and to distract herself, even if she was practically prancing in excitement to spend the entire day with her dearest friend; she began to look over some of the nearby stalls, listening to the words encouraging her to purchase, to buy. Silky scarves that were so soft, she thought they were made of water. Trinkets that glittered in the sun. She did pause at a small collection of bells, playfully tingling a few, and laughing in delight at the melodic sound.

At the news that there was a shop providing such apparel for free for the evening later that night for dancers, Veil perked up.

She had heard about the bonfire and the dance that would certainly be part of it. She was still confused about the purpose behind this event, but with the knowledge that there was accessories to play with while dancing!? The star trotted back towards the bonfire pit, her steps swaying, light as air as she laughed to herself. "I wonder if Tori and I will be staying for the dance. It sounds like a lot of fun."

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Torielle 
Notes:: Hi, yes, cute not-girlfriend bonding time :D
Breathin' in you give me air, I'm living on your solar flare
Could you be my super nova girl?

Artist Credit to Sephinta

Played by Offline Scapeh [PM] Posts: 65 — Threads: 8
Signos: 675
Dawn Court Scholar
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  8 [Year 502 Fall]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 16 — Atk: 4 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

TORIELLE

It's only me who wants to wrap around your dreams

In just the span of a few short weeks, the Deluminian meadow had completely transformed. No longer were there patches of snow and ice, the winter chill did not blow through the cavernous space, instead the grounds were home to lush greenery and the buds of wildflowers. Tents rose like colourful mushrooms from the earth, opening up in semi-organized rows for patrons to browse the vendor stalls in relative order. Even across the edge of the festival space the scent of baked goods was unmistakable,  The sounds of children laughing with delight filled the air, and for a moment Torielle felt like she was home. 

The mare’s tribe was known for such festivities; artisans peddling their wares and shilling lessons, families coming together to celebrate the news of the year, to dance until the sun rose and dipped across the sky night after night. She had not seen such a gathering of equines in a long time, and while it was not as vast as those of her youth or with the same fervor of the mother tribe, it filled her heart with unbridled joy. 

Her timing was impeccable, as it appeared all of the vendors had already made shop and displayed their wares. She had been worried that in her excitement that she’d arrive much too early and spend too much of her time milling about and being a distraction to those trying to accomplish important work. The dappled maiden tried to keep her eyes from wandering the stalls she passed, knowing well that she would be easily distracted and the day would pass by before she even made it to the centerpiece of the festival. 

Though the blanket of evening was far away, the towering logs of the bonfire were hard to miss, even unlit. She wondered briefly how they had managed to erect such a structure, and knew that it would light the entire festival once darkness fell. It would be perfect to dance beneath, and her heart raced at the idea. She had not danced in an age- the Sages in her temple had forbidden it, even though it was an important part of her culture. They did not understand how such unrestrained passion could be a pure form of devotion. She pitied them for that, among other things. Her teachers were perhaps the one thing the mare did not miss. 

As Torielle neared the site for the bonfire and dance, she spotted the best part of the festival yet. The mare was hard to miss, with her stardust wafting from her body and shimmering in the mid-day sun. The scholar’s heart began to thrum like the wings of a hummingbird at the sight of her friend. They had been growing closer, now that Veil was connected with herself again, with the universe. Though they still held regular lessons, they no longer focused on providing the star tools to communicate, but instead leaned more into storytelling, of sharing their lives and experiences. 

The nebula had so many wonderful insights into the workings of the universe, and Torielle hung on every word. There were few souls in Novus she felt like could understand her, what it was like to live a thousand different lifetimes all as unique and full and real as any other that came before it. Veil could. She brought with her an incredible light that warmed the darkness that had started to brew in the antlered woman’s heart. She’d not wanted to admit it, but the mare had started to grow bitter and jaded in her disconnection from her goddess. Veil had reminded her of the magic and wonder in the world, and had even shown her the faces of new gods. If it were not for Veil, there was a distinct possibility that Torielle would have fallen into shadow. 

In the light of the spring afternoon, surrounded by familiar sounds and tantalizing scents, the woman could sense no darkness hiding in her heart. Instead, there was only joy at the opportunity to share in this wonderful celebration with her closest friend. 

“Veil!” The mare called, her lyrics bright as she pranced over to the glittering figure, bells swaying between antlers and jeweled coins bouncing against copper locks as she approached. “Are you excited? Do you have a vendor you want to visit first?” Her words poured like a bubbling fountain, excitement colouring every syllable. 

"Speech." | @Veil Nebula

art by the-day-of-shadow character by scapeh table by sunny

Vagabond Monk
Female [She/Her/They/Theirs]  |  7 [Year 503 Summer]  |  15.1 hh  |  Hth: 46 — Atk: 14 — Exp: 69  |    Active Magic: Stellar Divination  |    Bonded: N/A

V e i l N e b u l a
The star heard the chiming of bells, and she muses on how metaphorical that could be.

She knew of the stories of old, of how bells can chime for numerous reasons. Good fortune, bad luck, before a tragedy, before a blessing. But as she turned to take in the approaching antlered figured, draped in bells, and fabrics, and coins, Veil was certain nothing negative could ever be fore told by the approach of those bells. Perhaps it was the trust in her friend, perhaps it was from the flutter in her chest when she saw the dappled mare emerge from the crowds, a figure so regal, so beautiful, it almost hurt to look upon her.

Veil makes no hesitation to approach, closing the distance as soon as her name is called.

Her steps are light, and she immediately touches her cheek, to her friends, first on the left, and then on the right. The gesture is light hearted, one of affection, and a common example of Veil's lack of understanding on personal space and boundaries. After having been alone for so long, her desire to touch and stay close to another - to Torielle, was encompassing. And while she may not pull the larger mare into a tight embrace, as she so desperately wanted, she'd give into at least part of the desire. What could a simple touch hurt?

She pulls away, her expression bright and open, "You made it, I am glad."

She glances around them, her tail swishing, the feathers of her wings settling as she nodded with an abundance of energy, "Yes! I am quite curious to partake in a festival of my own. I understand this one is to celebrate the coming of spring, that winter has ended, is it not. And there will be a dance tonight as well. You must dance with me, promise Tori?" The star was practically buzzing as she looked around, eyes wide at where to go first, Let's look at anything with something to wear. I always feel so plain next to you. Would you like to dress me up, Torielle? I need something fancy to dance in, anyways. And I am not familiar with mortal wear, but they all looks so pretty! I want to chime when I walk as well!"

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Torielle 

Dawn Court Scholar
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  8 [Year 502 Fall]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 16 — Atk: 4 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

TORIELLE

The star woman's gesture was returned with joy. Though Torielle had not mentioned it to her friend, the greeting was a common one among her tribe, shared among friends, family and lovers alike. It warmed her when Veil pressed her muzzle lightly to her cheek and the dappled mare mirrored the action. Some part of her knew that one day she may need to inform the nebula that this greeting may not be as well received by others, but she wanted to cherish them for as long as they were given. 

Veil’s touch had been friendly, affectionate, but platonic by all sensible deduction. Torielle’s by comparison lingered, her lips brushing against her friend’s cheek in a way that was far more gentle and left one with the impression she was holding back something. The exchange was brief, a blink and you miss it moment; but to the astute observer, the differences in tone were obvious.  

Bells chimed as the antlered mare nodded in response to the first volley of questions, a light laugh bubbling up from her bodice. “Yes, from what I gather. The Sovereigns are trying to foster better relations with one another and it was thought that a Spring festival would be a glorious way to bring the courts together.” She cast her gaze about the colourful stalls and the several other equines in attendance. 

“It reminds me quite a bit of home, actually,” she said, more as an afterthought before returning her attention to her friend. 

“I promise,” the lyrics held a weight to them, though it was unclear why the dappled mare placed such importance on the statement. “I haven’t been able to dance in an age, and I would love to dance with you.” She gently bumped her muzzle to Veil’s shoulder, a bright smile on her features once she righted herself. 

The scholar laughed once more, this time tossing her head back in amusement. “Veil,” she giggled, “You are far from plain, my dear. You are draped in the cosmos, how much more fancy would you want to be?” The ribbing was good natured, her blue pools sparkling with joy. 

She was already moving towards one of the nearby stalls, one that proclaimed to have several different coloured silks available. A glance down the row revealed several other vendors to be offering jewels of all shapes and sizes, metal work and leather, for body and hair. “Of course I will dress you,” she said. “We shall make you even more magnificent; I bet the Sovereigns will think you are a goddess by the time I’m done with you.” 

"Speech." | @Veil Nebula

Vagabond Monk

V e i l N e b u l a
There is something different about the returned gesture.

Veil can feel the breath of her friend as she lingers, her muzzle pressed lightly to her cheek, where it lingers so gently, it's like a butterfly fluttering against her skin. But before the star could question the softness, it's gone, and it leaves behind a sudden sense of loss that sinks into Veil's being faster, and harder than even her separation from the stars. It's a sudden yearning to feel that light touch against her skin again, the soft puff of breath to her hide, the scent of Tori close to her nose, surrounding her.

Veil blinks the thoughts away.

She's not sure where they came from, why they would rise up in the first place, and instead allows her attention to return to the mortal plane at the ringing of the bells adorning Torielle. The laughter sweeps across the air, and intoxicating sound that draws a smile to the lips of the star. Her ears perk as Torielle explains the means behind this event. Better relations to the courts, she could agree with that.

I think it is a lovely idea.

She tilts her head as she looks along the stalls, fabrics floating in the wind, wafting around the built up product displays, tents of every color dotting the landscape like planted roses of flowers. Fostering relations is definitely nothing to scoff at. Even Vagabonds, such as myself; enjoy the company of others in times of peace. Of course, her decision to be a Vagabond had more to do with a lack of comprehension upon her arrival to this world, and her decision to remain a Vagabond dependent on the desire to not devote herself to just one god.

Veil cherished them all, but none more so than Tempus.

The star tilts her head at the thought this place reminded Torielle of home, and she smiles, It must have been a lovely place to come from, if it resembles this arrangement at all. She mused, Can't be all bad if you came from there. She added with a playful life, and soft smile.

The promise of a dance seemed to weigh suddenly in the air.

The severity of those words produced that weird sensation in her belly again, that made her want to laugh and throw up all at the same time. Instead she smiles at the light touch, nodding eagerly, It will be great fun, I imagine. She agreed before blinking in surprise at the idea of being far from plain, but the star smiles in understanding, I may seem as something grand in your eyes, Tori, but I am a star among a universe full of them.

Her gaze turns to the sky, and her mind is suddenly filled with soft giggles.

As if the stars themselves are aware she's talking about them. The sense of wholeness with the universe fills her, settling her stomach once more, I may be draped in the cosmos, but I want to chime like you do. You wear such finery, and I am curious of the style. I'd rather enjoy trying some myself. She admits with a grin, as she follows Tori to a nearby stall.

Her gaze is wide with wonder as she looks over the wears.

So many options, so many styles. So many things to choose from. She feels overwhelmed just by staring at it, and yet she turns a smile towards Tori, her eyes dancing as she laughs, Oh, I can't imagine anyone mistaking me for a goddess, I'd rather be the mysterious stranger who whispers about the stars in the darkness. She star says playfully, lowering her head and lifting a small circlet made of tiny bells on chains to her forehead, lifting her head and smiling in delight at the soft ringing the movement makes, Just like this, I want to be beautiful like you!

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Torielle 

Dawn Court Scholar

TORIELLE

The woman laughs playfully as her friend, the literal fallen star, a light from the universe, the one whose very essence left stardust in her wake, said that she would not be mistaken for a goddess. “Didn’t I already tell you that I mistook you for a goddess when we met?” The maiden flashed a mischievous grin. “And frankly I’m still pretty certain you are, and just haven’t admitted it yet.” 

As the chime of bells hung in the air, Torielle flushed. Her audits flicked in embarrassment as she quickly averted her gaze, grateful that her smokey hues mostly hid any rising colour to her face. Mostly.  “Oh hush,” she said, nudging Veil playfully. 

“You are beautiful.” Her lyrics were soft then, the oasis of her blue orbs watching the star mare from the corner of her eye, her heart trilling in her chest like a trapped hummingbird. She swallowed the bird with some effort and nodded to the circlet. “That does look rather fitting, though.” The mare offered a gentle smile before turning her attention to the other items on display in the tent. 

She lifted a rather beautiful set of delicate chains from a table, admiring the way the crystals fell in stunning tear drops and captured the sunlight, scattering rainbows across the grass. 

“That one gets woven into the mane,” the seller explained in a pleasant voice, nodding to the antlered woman. “A lot like your own, though it looks best when twisted up, I think.” 

Torielle looked from the hair piece to Veil and then back again before lofting an eyebrow, showing it to her friend. “I think I could braid your hair first, if you’d like,” passing the item so that the woman could take a closer look. “It’s been a while,” she confessed. “But I used to make these hair roses for a dear friend of mine, and I think I could maybe remember how to do them again if you allowed me the time to tangle with your hair.” 

She didn’t add that she wanted to see what her mane felt like, if the stardust would trickle down her skin as she moved her locks around, if they would tickle like butterfly kisses. She didn’t think too long on what her scent would be like under all of those heavy curls, wondering if all of the universe tasted of juniper and the first clear frost, or if that scent belonged to Veil alone. 

The mare fluttered her lashes, as if banishing the thoughts before they would get too far away from her. Veil was her friend, and she was delighted to have her as such. Nothing more; no, nothing more. These feelings were things that she would cherish in her secret heart, stowed away in a special box just for her in those moments of lonesome when she longed for home. She would not let them bloom into a bountiful garden, roses with thorns inevitably overgrown. No, she would keep them carefully in check, and enjoy what time she did have. 

After all, Veil was perhaps the eighth great wonder of the universe- what possible fascination would she hold for a simple scholar woman like herself, who would live only a blink in the stars existence anyway?

"Speech." | @Veil Nebula

Vagabond Monk

V e i l N e b u l a
The star tilted her head, smiling at the chiming companion.

Yes, it was true that Tori had once expressed the thought that Veil was a goddess, but the star was unable to keep her straight face at the idea that she was one, just hiding it. You'll just have to accept that I am shrouded by the mysteries of the universe, my friend. The star replies playfully, even as she nudges her shoulder against that of the antlered woman, her gaze soft, playful. Veil feels the slight rush of energy through her veins, a sense of small delight that warms her gut and makes her feel lighter than air, like the gravity was no longer a concern to her at such soft words. Beautiful . . . Why did that word seem to hold such greater depths from the lips of an angel?

Instead of trying to sort feelings and emotions she had little context for still . . .

Veil merely laughed, trying on items and presenting them to Torielle for judgement. She smiles at the thought of the circlet being fitting, her gaze brightening, before looking curiously upon some chains, and the way they sparkled in the light. Veil's gaze turns to the seller, tilting her head when the chains are explained as an adornment for her mane, and looks closer at the item when it is presented, It's very lovely. And you're more than welcome to braid it! I don't mind! Let's see how it looks! The celestial woman spoke with eager curiosity, smiling gently, So, uh, feel free. Even as she spoke, the star dust rolling off her body seemed to slow to a trickle, exposing more of her actual mane for her friend to work with, those warm feelings back as she allowed the other woman to touch and work with her hair.

How did something so simple feel so . . . weighty?

Like Tori herself held her to this earth.

She glances around, a distraction she felt was necessary to calm her wayward stomach of the warmth and fuzzy feelings, Perhaps after some of this jewelry, we can look at some of the shawls and scarfs and things! Something bright that will stand out against my darker coloration? The star adds quietly, a small smile on her muzzle, as pink galactic eyes turned back up to Torielle with a softness that had become reserved for the maiden fair.

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Torielle 

Dawn Court Scholar

TORIELLE

The sudden and complete acceptance of the offer was a bit startling- but why should it be? Veil was her friend, after all, and it was a very friendly thing to do, to braid each other’s hair. The doe looked back to the vendor who nodded in approval, not at all concerned with the two women standing about her tent, instead turning to another set of tittering mares admiring her wares. 

Torielle returned her attention to the star woman as she revealed more of her curling locks. The dappled woman’s heartbeat stuttered as she realized she’d never touched Veil’s hair before. When she had done the braiding for Lorelei, she had come to know her hair over the years and was able to gauge by eye exactly how much she would need to pull away. The celestial strands were new- what thickness were they? How soft and silky were the strands? Would she need more or less in each weft to create a masterpiece? Telekinesis was grand and all, but it did not allow for her to gauge effectively the quality of a mane and how best to treat it. 

Slowly, almost too slowly, it seemed, she reached for the crest of her friend’s neck, chest full of hummingbirds once again. She swallowed once. Twice. No use, they were there to stay, at least for now. As her muzzle parted the waves of deep purple, Veil’s scent rocked through her straight to the core and nearly swept her off her feet. 

In their friendly conversation and casual touches she had known the woman smelled of newness, of purity and frost, of juniper, but these were only the beginning. This close to the skin, protected by thick curls that somehow felt like sifting through air, lay the scent of the universe; a heady perfume of florals, spring rain, the turn of fall leaves, new babes of all kinds and the wisdom of crones. Torielle leaned into the smell, nuzzling the woman gently, trying to identify each of the flowers that made up her scent only to lose them just before the knowledge presented itself. She nearly forgot that she was supposed to be parting the woman’s mane to braid her hair, enthralled by the sensation of soft hairs tickling her nares, the heat more than the average equine, but not unpleasant in the least. 

It took a moment for the mare to collect her thoughts enough to pursue the task at hand, carefully separating out a sizeable chunk of the woman’s hair close to the crest behind her ears. As Torielle tested the weight of each strand, carefully sorting them into one weft or the other, Veil spoke about finding scarves and shawls and she nodded in agreement. 

“I think that would be an excellent idea,” she said. The steadiness with which she spoke surprised her, considering the fact her hummingbirds had doubled in pace, joined by excited butterflies in her stomach. The fact that the woman could remain standing at all was a miracle, really. 

Her touch was gentle as she braided Veil’s mane, twisting the strands together in several ways to lock them together before swirling them to create the image of a rose. This took her several tries before she was satisfied with the results, taking the crystal hair piece that had sparked this little event and carefully pinning and weaving it into the styled locks until they looked like morning dew against the star woman’s mane. 

Torielle stepped back, but only just, careful not to step into another patron or any of the tables full of beautiful wares. She nodded to one of the nearby mirrors strewn about the tent for customers to use. “Well? What do you think?” Her lyrics were a bit sheepish, hoping that her friend would think had done a good job. A smaller, secret part of her hoped that Veil would want something adjusted, just so she could drown in her once more. 

"Speech." | @Veil Nebula

Vagabond Monk

V e i l N e b u l a

It felt so naturally to agree to let Torielle mess about her mane, the star, tilting her head as they checked with approval from the vender, before Tori turned her attention back onto the star. Even as the star slowed the stardust output, even as she felt her the star in her chest slow, her magic was feeding her other confusing bits of information. She could practically feel the antlered maiden's heart pounding, but more than that, as Tori's muzzle seemed to slip between the curly tresses, her magic fed her the emotions. Nervousness, like butterflies - even more so than the ones I sometimes feel with her? What is she so nervous about? Is she worried I won't like it? Is she worried about my reactions to - Oh! The star had seemed to froze to feel that soft touch of a muzzle against her skin, the tickle of a breath against the side of her neck, O-oh. W-why is my star flaring hotter, w-what is- Her magic continued to feed her more information as well, filling her brain with the color white, and pink, soft and gentle, like the first touch of spring after a hard summer, like the first snowfall, lightly dusting the ground. Like flowers pushing through the soil, soft and pure and untouched and splendid.

What was all of this. Where Torielle had seemed to freeze up for a moment, nuzzling into Veil's neck, into her scent, Veil herself felt her world slowly spin to a stop, as if all she could focus on was Torielle's warmth, the rapid beating of her heart, the soft touch of her muzzle. It took all of her own self control to not start shaking, to hold steady, to hold still. She was prepared for the odd heat in her belly to become an inferno as her hair was slowly separated, pulled out into sections, gently tucked together, folding over, that soft touch, that gentle brushing of the muzzle against her neck, through her hair . . . Veil's eyes had drifted close at some point, and she suddenly found herself pulled into those motions, trying desperately control the output of stardust that her heart wanted to produce as it begged to shine bright, shine hotter at Torielle's ministrations. Something so simple as braiding her hair - was something wrong with her? Was Veil breaking down?

She felt the movement next to her, the gentle nod before Tori spoke so close to her ear that it made her ears twitch, as if that very voice tickled her insides, You'll have to help me pick out what is right . . . The star agrees, somehow keeping her own voice steady, soft, relaxed. As if she didn't feel like she was about to implode into a black hole. I'm sure together we can put together something lovely. The star added quietly, before Tori pulled away enough to begin weaving the crystals and chains into the hair, letting them sparkle against the deep purple of her curls. As Tori stepped back, Veil had to force herself to not step back again. Thankfully Tori didn't go far, and it did allow the star to calm herself, turning her gaze to mirror, smiling softly to see the way it looked, pulling just the portion of her hair from her face, small whisps still framing around her ears, It's lovely . . . She declared, turning back to her friend, smiling, and gently bumping her shoulder against Tori's, feeling a burn left over from that brief contact, a desire to touch Tori again. Or a reason to let Tori touch her, What should we add to my new look next? She asked with a teasing smile, her gaze soft, playful, Of course you'll likely have to help me try on anything . . I am not to familiar with most of the fashion on display. She adds quietly, subtly. Because she still doesn't understand what she is feeling, all she knew was she wanted to experience that touch once more.

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Torielle 
Notes:: Veil over here, all coy, "Touch me again?"

Dawn Court Scholar

TORIELLE

The star woman seemed, thankfully, to enjoy the braiding process, and that soothed Torielle’s nerves some. Not much, but enough to keep her expression a joyful one, if not a bit stern from concentration. She chuckled lightly, agreeing with Veil about creating something beautiful together. We certainly would. The mare tried to shake the thought away, blinking rapidly to dismiss the overly friendly images that fluttered in her mind’s eye. 

She was diligent in her work arranging the hair piece, adjusting and readjusting until it sat perfectly, grinning widely at the enthusiastic response from her friend. Veil bumped her playfully, a gesture that had become common between them but that flared like fire in her veins, acutely aware of the absence the star left as she pulled away. 

Torielle gave her a sly smile, bright blue pools twinkling as they met swirling pink galaxies. “But of course,” she said, sidling up next to the mare, enjoying the soft tingle of stardust as it wafted from her wings. “I’m more than happy to dress you.” 

And undress you. 

The mare entertained the lascivious thought for only a moment before she was moving again, heat rising to her cheeks, birds singing in her throat as she answered the star’s next question. “I think something gauzy and flowing, perhaps with some more bells. There seem to be plenty of them around here.” 

She cast her gaze about the vendor stalls, spying various different items that could fit the description. Hair ties and veils like her own, sashes and flowing cloaks, shawls, stoles and various scarves. The possibilities were endless, every colour of the rainbow represented, and then some. The antlered mare wandered over to a tent that boasted covers for the tail, ranging from simple and elegant to elaborate and grand constructions of beadwork cloth. 

Torielle grinned to Veil, nodding at the display. “What about something for your tail, then. We’ve got something for your mane, so perhaps we can get something that will match?” She browsed the silks hanging from the canopy and plucked a simple train in a sky blue hue, holding it up for the star to admire. 

“What about something like this? It would go with the blue in your galaxy, and compliment the cool tones in your pelt.” She didn’t allow herself to think too long on those swirling colours, the way they danced across the woman’s skin with each breath of the universe, nor did she think about the process of weaving in such a garment to the woman’s backside. No, no she would not think on it. 

"Speech." | @Veil Nebula

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »