Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Worship  - Heaven on Earth

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 12
Signos: 125
Vagabond Monk
Female [She/Her/They/Theirs]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  15.1 hh  |  Hth: 46 — Atk: 14 — Exp: 69  |    Active Magic: Stellar Divination  |    Bonded: N/A

V e i l N e b u l a
Visions of your pretty face send me into hyper space
Caught up in a palentary world
Once again, the star had taken flight.

Her excitement would have been contagious if not for the fact she was making this journey alone. She smiled, her heart light as her wings carried her up higher into the sky, stardust sparkling against the bright robin blue of the sky, casting a veil of purples, pinks, and blues that left a wafting trail behind her, a shooting star. 

She angled into her descent, her gaze locked ahead.

Even from the distance she was at, she could feel the power of this place humming in unison with the soft thrumming of the star in place of her heart. It was all-encompassing, surrounding her and filling her with a sense of peace, purpose, and love. A powerful feeling for a star who had spent the majority of her new life entirely alone before she had fallen through the atmosphere, struck this very rock, and found herself trapped within its gravitational field.

How odd to think that such a thing no longer bothered her.

She no longer felt trapped when she walked among the trees or grasses of this land. She no longer so this world as a simple rock. It had somehow become something more in the past few months, and she knew a large portion of that had to do with Torielle's gentle mannerisms and soothing aura. Whatever it was about the dappled and veiled beauty, the antlered woman held a powerful position within Veil's world.

Today, however, Veil aimed to shake those thoughts from her mind.

Today was to be a day of worship, and she doubted that she should be worshiping the image of her best friend . . . even if such an idea made her heart do some sort of odd flipflop. Instead, she beat her wings, arching them as she touched down in the center of the hallowed ground, surrounded on all sides by effigies and temples. She moved in silence, a ghostly figure leaving stardust in her wake, letting it pool to the ground as she bowed to each of the temples, small feathers being plucked from her own wings. Those dainty feathers were left upon the patrons of the courts, but it was before their father she allowed herself to fall to her knees.

She carefully plucked these feathers.

Choosing the prettiest, brightest, the healthiest one from each wing, tying them together with strands of her own mane, and presenting them before him. Was this truly a good enough offering. She didn't have money to buy them precious gifts, and trinkets, or the ability to prepare them meals, a fest and treats. She had nothing to offer them, but her own devotion, her own flesh, her own feather. She'd rip the hide from her hip if it was asked of her. Her eyes closed, head still bowed before King of Time, allowing herself to just exist before him. She made no motion to move.

The voices had her pausing, listening.

An offering! A gift. Treasured. Loved. Sister. Sister. Look! At the mental nudging from the stars, the universe, Veil opened her eyes to stare in wonder as her feathers shimmer, slowly disappearing, and in its place, an amulet is left. Her eyes are wide as she hesitantly reaches out, her muzzle touching the jewelry before her gaze turns, devotedly up to Tempus's relief.

"My Lord . . . Thank you."

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
Open to anyone who might stumble upon her xD @Thomasin
Notes:: I love her little worshipy threads <3 Where she can just be a happy monk, basking in the feelings she gets from Veneror Peak <3

Breathin' in you give me air, I'm living on your solar flare
Could you be my super nova girl?

Artist Credit to Sephinta