Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- twisty snaking thing (vreis)

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Modes

Played by Offline wild / jet [PM] Posts: 85 — Threads: 12
Signos: 1,300
Day Court Scholar
Female [she/her]  |  7 [Year 503 Summer]  |  18.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 28  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

art by vivihal
Jane

J
ane was attracted and intoxicated to the scent and taste of destruction. Everything around her seemed to move in slow motion as she looked at the young man. She did not indulge him, but this too was part of the game, the devilish dance that the two were currently participating in. She saw his gaze flickering over her body, and it struck her that she wondered how he looked beneath his armour.

The truth was, Jane Argon was nearly a virgin. She had not laid with her husband once in the course of their marriage, and the last time had been an interlude in her home country that had subsequently led to her exile. She could taste the manipulation that both herself and Vreis were participating in. This would lead to nothing good, Jane knew. There was no way that anything would come out of this but utter devastation.

He was talented with his words, and Jane slid around them easily. She felt their effect on her body, the way certain syllables chimed inside her brain and set her alight. She felt the cool of Spring slide away, replaced by the heat that Vreis and Jane herself were in the process of creating. Oh yes, Jane knew she would surrender tonight. She knew it, could taste both the regret and the aftermath- She imagined kamikaze, death on her tongue, complete exile that would put her younger years to shame. And Jane felt herself embracing it all as she did so. I want you to ruin my life.

When Jane moved, Vreis matched it until his chest was pressing against hers. Her eyes flitted over his person; a shudder ran through her body and was barely stopped by her teeth. When he spoke, she paused- he hadn’t named problems with her husband but he had found them. He had found the gaps, pressed his way into them. 

“I don’t feel like therapy today,” Jane muttered.

Then he asked if she was truly offended by him, or by her own reaction. “I am offended because you are foolish. You flirt with a diplomat’s wife on a bright spring day, the entirety of Delumine can see us. Maybe even more than Delumine. You could ruin my life, and I tend to manage my downfalls more discreetly.” Not totally accurate, but it was enough. 

Tagged; @Vreis. Ooc; Oh Jane....

i've never felt more alone
it feels so scary getting old

[/b]

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 18 — Threads: 2
Signos: 15
Inactive Character

v r e i s

jealousy, turning saints into the sea
swimming through sick lullabies, chocking on your alibis
but it's just the price i pay, destiny is calling me
open up my eager eyes, 'cause i'm mr. brightside

It was a dangerous game the mare was playing with the stallion - and yet, she seemed to be engaging in the game for that very reason. For the promise of trouble and chaos and destruction, they could get into together. She met each thrust of his verbal blade with a sharp parry. She met each step with her own. Neither giving, neither taking - always equal in exchange, even as they both fight for the upper hand. They both fight for the winning bid. They both fight for who is truly in charge. She doesn't know she's dancing with the devil yet. She only the fool of a knight, has no clue of the rebel hidden deeper inside his head.

But he keeps the game going, as numb and unaware to the potential danger as she is. Just enjoying the flirting and game of reeling the catch in. And what a damn good catch she was too. Fiesty and gorgeous and already making his blood pump faster with the battle of wills. He grinned smoothly even as he stepped closer, matching her steps as her eyes glitter through her, and he smirked, "You're still denying it, but you like what you see, don't you?" He muzzled, letting his muzzle ghost through her mane, his breath puffing against her neck, "Have you ever just given in to being naughty? It can be . . . freeing." He offered.

He chuckled when she grumbled about not wanting therapy, and he tilts his head, "Then why are you making it a therapy session, darling. We both know where this is headed. You're making excuses now." He chided, before smirking when she commented on being offended because of his foolishness, flirting where all of delumine could see. "Darling, it's a festival, such flirting is expected. Take a look around Miss Argon, no one is even watching us. There are too many other couples doing the exact same thing." He smirked then, lowering his muzzle to meet her gaze, his dark eyes glinting like obsidian in the sun, "But if it concerns you - perhaps we can leave the festivities . . . take a walk . . . and see where it brings us, hmm?" He offered, "Would that soothe your sensibilities, my lady?" The knight asked with a playful grin, and that same deadly charming smile.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Jane
Notes: Still figuring out much of his personality :D

Artwork © Bingo

Played by Offline wild / jet [PM] Posts: 85 — Threads: 12
Signos: 1,300
Day Court Scholar
Female [she/her]  |  7 [Year 503 Summer]  |  18.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 28  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

art by vivihal
Jane

T
he dance was drawing to a close, and Jane could see its conclusion on the horizon. She had read the romance novels and had seen the opera in jubilation, and she knew how this would end. Yes, this all would end with Jane down on her knees, this would end with everything in ruins. The stallion’s face had not even been exposed to her, she was dancing with a man of total unknowedness and Jane embraced it.

Perhaps he thought her naive. Perhaps that was what she was. In any case, she embraced her ultimate downfall with the desperation of a witch on the gallows; grasping the noose tighter around her neck so that it may go quicker.

She could be worse. She could be devilish and awful, for him. She could disappoint her family, as she had done so many times before. Jane slunk closer to the stallion, sizing him up as though she were criticising, although her words were anything but. “How can I assess what you look like when you have all that armour on your person?”

His nose pushed against her dark mane, his breath skirting along her dark skin and sending sparks through her blood. Perhaps he contained some magic, like Veil did. “Naughty? What a childish, stupid word,” She flicked her tail against his side; black and golden strands striking against the grullo stallion.

He talked of making excuses, and Jane knew he was right. Vreis knew what he was saying, and he knew well enough that she would be like many a cornered housewife who sought comfort in the arms of another. She was not the first, she would not be the last, and she would drink up all that devil’s liquor of lust as she gave in to his demands.

But she would have control. Jane could pull back now, she still had time. She had played wry, she had played the game on her terms and could easily sever the connection with a harsh word. She wouldn’t do that. Jane, Vreis, the both of them knew where this road led. 

He offered to lead her away. He offered to steal her away from this place, where all was safe, in exchange for a place where the laws would not entrap them. “Where would you propose to take me?” she spoke, her words pronounced and hard as she sculpted her own demise. 

Tagged; @Vreis. Ooc; Oh Jane....

i've never felt more alone
it feels so scary getting old

[/b]

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »