Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - I'm Mr. Brightside

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 18 — Threads: 2
Signos: 15
Inactive Character

v r e i s

jealousy, turning saints into the sea
swimming through sick lullabies, chocking on your alibis
but it's just the price i pay, destiny is calling me
open up my eager eyes, 'cause i'm mr. brightside

Have you ever felt like the world was a lost cause. Like you had lost your way and couldn't remember the path back to where you were now. How the shadows you had long ignored are closing in, and you start to wonder when they had begun to meld with you? Somewhere along the way, this has become the season my life was in. The shadows I had valiantly kept back at sword point had become entangled around me. Whispering seductive notes of the power I can wield, the command I am given. It promises me greatness, it promises me more power, even as I feel my limbs buckle beneath the stress, the sheer weight of it all. But that rush is addicting. It is consuming. And I've grown to hide the quiver of my limbs. I hide the hesitation in my eyes. I hide the struggle to not give into the power, the command, the ill-earned gains this ability has garnered me.

It started out so honorably too. A cast aside knight, abandoned and branded a traitor by his King and Lord. Truly branded. I remember standing still and proud as the scar was branded into my skin, marking me for treason on charges I was innocent of. I had trusted my king, had ignored the cries of a woman I loved dearly, but was honor bound to deliver for witch craft. And instead of the apology and gentle reassurances that everything would be okay, that I did the right thing - I was vilified right next to her. My honor cast aside, my future in shambles, and most of all - my beloved King branding me and outcasting me.

The Rebellion had started simple enough. Like minded individuals who knew our King was wrong. And I had rose to the challenge, a former knight who would lead the rebellion to victory. But the weight of that leadership came heavier than I was ever prepared for. Power is all corrupting . . . and I've grown fond of the corruption. More than that . . . I do not believe I can escape it.
He had the chance, when Ard and Erd had left; to turn his cheek, to let them go. But pride demanded the portal be rebuilt, no matter the costs. Pride demanded that he catch those who would abandon him. His birds had been just like his King, tossing him aside, abandoning him, forsaking him.

And he'd followed them. But now, he had been in Novus long enough that some of that corruption had lessened. With out those who you hold power over, the power is no longer so heavy on your mind, on your shoulders. And for the first time, the stallion felt a sense of peace as he relaxed beneath a tree in this grassy plane, all creams and browns despite the spring time that had snuck up in Novus. Large bison travelled in a massive herd many, many yards away, and the beast was content to just stand and watch, to simply feel the wrold around him.

Had he not sought revenge, could he have found a peace like this at home? Or was this special to this land? Did he even deserve peace? When so many of the citizens he swore to defend were hurting beneath the rule of a tyrant. Even now, settled, and relaxed, that poisonous power plagued his mind, prodding him to return, to take command, to take control, to take the thrown. To be powerful, all powerful, the most powerful . . . So Vreis stayed where he was, least he give into these poisonous thoughts that would further his undoing.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Liam
Notes: Still figuring out much of his personality :D

Artwork © Bingo