Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- Shooting Stars [Private]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Modes

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  7 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Jarek
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here behind the curtain lies a darkness feeding
Pooled inside, in hunger cries, and still it's eating
Everything I had to hide is all on my sleeve
And behind the curtain lies my soul, I’m bleeding
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His universe had been stripped away one grain of sand at a time. A delicate situation where the mare of the universe restructured the filing within his brain. Things had been very messy and mixed since his birth, as though someone had upended the filing cabinet on the floor. It would be easy to wallow in the pity of himself on being told that he was fundamentally flawed. A tiny spark of hope glimmered deep within Jarek. That spark of hope flamed when her brief touch of her wings against his side. 

He had heard of others claiming to be reborn from experiences, he had always scoffed at them. How ridiculous to be reborn from a fleeting interaction. But now he understood. Now his understanding of the universe had shifted around him. In this moment everything had changed. He would emerge from the darkness of the night, underneath a new light. His own chains had been broken, and the shackles removed. No longer a slave to his past, and to the torments of his mind. He only hoped that their lingering presence would flee with the rising sun. 

He nodded time and time again at her statements. Their logic is flawless and makes perfect sense. Each conversation creates layer upon layer in his mind. Re-building the foundations one sentence at a time.  Meeting the star veiled mare had been where things had gone right. Where his path of self destruction, and what would eventually be that of others was halted. The sand had been shifted to show the true reality in a sense.  It was difficult to see the truth beneath the sand when you had been fed misinformation for a lifetime.

“Yes I can see the folly of it, now it is pointed out so plainly.” he closed his eyes and took a deep breath in. Willing himself perhaps to simply be swallowed up by the black hole that was the universe itself. But she was there once more guiding him from his own destruction, leading him to a path where there was a different outcome for him. 

No one was a gift to anyone. Moments in time happened and they could not be controlled. They sped past, or slowly crawled and there was nothing to be done about it. Nonetheless he was thankful for this interaction. It would take time to break the mental patterns of fate and meant to be’s. He had to be better, and he would ensure that he was. “I am thankful for this interaction tonight, for your guidance, wisdom and clarity.” he sighed softly before continuing “ Your kindness is more than I feel I deserve. I will do my best to ensure that your efforts are not wasted. I will change, the ill gotten generations of nonsense ends with me tonight. Thank you for releasing me from my devils. I only hope that Torielle will forgive me; and I do not expect her to wish me in her life.”

He had not spoken to anyone creature, equine or otherwise in much time. He had spoken less than a handful of sentences to Tori. His driving obsession had shifted. Less that he felt inclined to capture her attention, and more that he would need to seek his penance with her. He would throw himself at the feet of the Novus gods and see where he landed. He only hoped that Tori would forgive him; and that Veil would continue to be there to guide him. He would need all the help he could get.

image by:https://giphy.com/Allyouneediswall

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 12
Signos: 125
Vagabond Monk
Female [She/Her/They/Theirs]  |  7 [Year 503 Summer]  |  15.1 hh  |  Hth: 46 — Atk: 14 — Exp: 69  |    Active Magic: Stellar Divination  |    Bonded: N/A

V e i l N e b u l a
Visions of your pretty face send me into hyper space
Caught up in a palentary world
The star doesn't know truly, what to make of this stallion.

He is an enigma that the universe frowns upon - an enigma that could venture onto two sides of the divide he precariously perches upon. On one side he shall rise up as he intends, an influencer of good, a being respected and loved by those he interacts with - surely. But the other side would see him driven in a chase for what is not his. Cruel, possessive, uncaring. It's up to him, which way he dives, for sure power will await from either end. Is he a being of good; a conduit for chaos, or something in between? Time may tell, but until then the universe would watch closely.

But Veil could at least offer a shade of light.

To help him see how he might be going about things wrong. And he is listening, to her logic, nodding in time with her points, seeing where she was coming from. As he comments on the folly of it, on things being pointed out to him so plainly, she laughs - the sound as warm as the star in her heart, We all make mistakes, the true folly is if you chose to not learn from it. She corrects gently. Especially if learning from it would ensure Torielle's safety. There was never any denying who Veil's focus was for. There is no need to offer thanks, I am honestly doing this selfishly. It's not for you I am making sure you understand this - but for Torielle. She admits softly, before smilingly faintly, But that doesn't mean I will be cruel about it. You are a being with your own thoughts and own past - as such; deserve kindness just as anyone else. She replies before she gently bows her head, That is Torielle's decision to make, but one she can make only after you apologize, and prove you've taken heed of what I've had to say. She smiles gently again, taking a step back. I suppose this is where we are to say good bye then. I hope, the next time we cross paths; the universe smiles warmly upon you; Jarek of the Desert Sands. She turns with out another word beyond a final smile, disappearing into the crowd, until only the soft chiming of the bells and crystals in her mane, and the faint trail of cosmic star dust is all that's left behind.

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Jarek
Notes:: Figured it was time to close it :D
Breathin' in you give me air, I'm living on your solar flare
Could you be my super nova girl?

Artist Credit to Sephinta

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  7 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Jarek
Here behind the curtain lies a darkness feeding
Pooled inside, in hunger cries, and still it's eating
Everything I had to hide is all on my sleeve
And behind the curtain lies my soul, I’m bleeding

He listened to her carefully, nodding occasionally. He felt as though he had been wandering in the dark with a blindfold on, then Veil Nebula had come along and stripped the cloth from his eyes. He had been freed from an intergenerational religious fate, that was not actually fated. The path he had been traveling on had been altered and cleared for a different way forward.

“Until next time the Veil Nebula, I hope you find Torielle, and nothing is amiss.” he said softly nodding to her as she left.  He had much to consider, and much to contemplate. Novus was a place that had offered him a different outlook on life. His previous hopes and dreams now seemed to seethe with corruption. 

The grooves in his mind that had been worn into place as he grew would be difficult to change. But this interaction had given him faith. There were other options then taunting and unforgiving desert devils. Perhaps it was for the best that mostly he had felt their influence fading. Perhaps one day he would be truly free of their grasp all together. 

In the back of his mind he couldn’t help but worry about Torielle. He pushed the thoughts out, she was after all capable and had her own free will. It would be each moment now that he would second guess every thought and every moment. What was his own, and which of those were conditioning from his upbringing?  He shifted his weight and stood, thanking those serving the tea and made his leave from the festival. 

As he slowly walked into the darkness he began to pray. He prayed for Torielles liberty, for her safety, and for her happiness. He prayed for the Veil Nebula to find Torielle and that all her needs be met. He prayed to no one in particular, he wondered who was listening. He wondered if tonight he would dream of the Veil Nebula and Torielle running together beside him, in some other place, now he was free from the grasp of the devils.

image by:https://giphy.com/Allyouneediswall

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »