Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - A queen should be one of the people

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 77 — Threads: 21
Signos: 35
Dusk Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  11 [Year 500 Spring]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Neema (Maned Wolf)

Uzuri

« I was a princess made of ashes; there is nothing left of me to burn.
Now it's time for a queen to rise.
»

Sovereign... The word was terrifying and electrifying all in one. A word that meant the world to many that heard it. A word that described a select few that put their courts before their own whims. A word that nearly sent the mare to her knees. The court had decided to agree with Liam. To give her the chance to prove herself more than just a simple blacksmith. To give her purpose that went above and beyond everything she once thought her world would have. These thoughts drove Uzuri from the bed in her home. The home she was still trying to decide what to do with. Even though she knew that she had a place in the citadel, she also knew she couldnt give up the home that she had once shared with her mother.

Pacing through the house, she gazed over the boxes and trunks that were ready for their journey to her new home. Was she truly ready for this? Shaking her head, she moved to her armory. What was left at least. Nearly everything had been packed and was ready for transport. Almost. Sitting on a hook, a pendant was gleaming in the early morning light. Even though she had not made it for herself, the mare could not find it in herself to part with the striking piece. A richly colored blue sapphire sparkled in its silver setting, the piece simple and elegant without being over the top or boring. "What do I do with you?" She whispered softly as she took it from the hook and placed it into a small wooden box to protect it.

"Still struggling?" The warm voice of her bonded danced along her flesh and brought a surge of warmth to the mare. Uzi turned to see the vividly colored creature and smiled. "Maybe just a little." Uzi laughed as she approached the canine and nuzzled her back. "I never expected to be special, to be a big part of the court. Not again..." She whispered, her chocolate eyes closed as she pressed her muzzle to the warm fur. "Now I am one of the biggest. I am one side of the face of Dusk. That idea alone is intimidating. What if I fail?" She asked softly.

"But what if you succeed? What if instead of falling, you fly higher than ever and make a real difference?" Neema asked her in return, vivid green eyes warm and kind. "Think of failures as opportunities. You have the chance to learn and grow when things dont go well. Dont dwell on the bad. Let each possible failure be a stepping point from where you try again and reach higher." The maned wolf said before licking the mare's cheek.

"When did you grow so wise, my dear?" Uzi snorted as she ruffled the fur and then lead the way out of the house. "I wont find that strength staying inside of the house. I need to be out, to meet those that are part of my court and familiarize myself with everyone. No queen can successfully rule from behind the forge." She said with a laugh as she entered the court proper. Neema stayed at her side, a comforting presence as Uzuri lifted her head and smiled at those around her.

"Uzuri"
"Neema"
@--
Notes: Open to any <3 Uzi wants to start meeting her court properly
Credit: Character by Chaosy, Art by LizzArtStudios

Played by Offline Morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 1,400
Dusk Court Soldier
Male [He/his]  |  6 [Year 505 Spring]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 42  |    Active Magic: Aegis  |    Bonded: N/A

Aeon

So tell me your secrets ; and join me in pieces
TO FALL AND REWRITE THE BITTER END

Aeon had continued to grow and heal in this time in the Dusk court. His measurements were less irregular and he was less lanky. His feathers had grown back in, and his coat had regained its shine. The sooty colt had blossomed, emerging at least physically a mature stallion. Mentally, there was still a lot of growing left. But nothing could fix that, but jumping into the world and experiencing it. 

He hadn’t really been over this side of the land before. He figured he would make himself useful and offer himself to aid the new queen. He had voted to secure electing her and wanted to get to know her better. 

He approached the building and stuck his head around the insert of the door.  Smiling softly he watched the mare interact with the canine. What a different world Novus was, where predators could be befriended. “Hello, I am Aeon, I thought I would come and offer my assistance. It appears you have a lot to move!” he said with a friendly tone.  The idea of being useful was something that appealed to Aeon. He knew he had strength, and he also had wings - all these things could be used to make the transition easier for Uzuri. 

It was pleasant to put a face to the name. He had hoped he wasn’t intruding by letting himself into her space. He kept his ears alert and listening for her reply, if he wasn’t welcome he would of course leave. He couldn’t bare the idea of making anyone else uncomfortable or feel unwelcome. He had lived that in his childhood - alone, everyone needed company. 

He hoped that with his presence he could ensure that the youth of Dusk were able to train and learn any skill they desire. Aeon couldn’t teach many things, but he sure as well was able to encourage curiosity and learning. In much the same way Torielle had driven a thirst of knowledge in himself.  Even those at the very top needed companionship and support.

Dusk Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  11 [Year 500 Spring]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Neema (Maned Wolf)

Uzuri

»

Uzuri glanced at the stallion, eyes warm and smile soft as she dipped her head. "Hello. I am Uzuri, and this is Neema." She responded as she moved closer. "Though I guess you probably know who I am at least." She laughed softly as the maned wolf huffed a laugh and bumped against the mare.

"I honestly didnt realize how much I had to move... Apparently avoiding the world by playing with hot metal is a good way to have more weapons than needed." She snorted as she pulled the cart out of her once home. Pausing to look at the building, she sighed softly. She couldnt sell it, not yet at least. This was the last place she had to be close to the memories of her mother. For now at least, it would stay as it was.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Aeon. I would love your company as I head toward the citadel... Vespera knows that it has been a challenge to wrap my head around the changes." She laughed again, her laugh warm and more peaceful than it had been in a long while. "You are a rather new member, arent you? There are so many faces to remember and try to keep track of." She said as she dipped her head. This was definitely going to be a challenge...

"Uzuri"
"Neema"
@Aeon
Notes:

Dusk Court Soldier
Male [He/his]  |  6 [Year 505 Spring]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 42  |    Active Magic: Aegis  |    Bonded: N/A

Aeon

He smiled softly and positioned himself beside her to help with heaving the cart. I felt good to have a physical use for his muscles; to be helpful. “It is a pleasure none-the-less to meet the both of you.” he said softly, dipping his own head in acknowledgement he hadn’t got a lot of social practice growing up, so sometimes interactions felt odd to him. He did his best to be open, friendly and communicate his emotions. It was something that was only going to get better with more practice. 

“I am new! I crashed from a volcano in the sky, little less than a year ago. I am thankful for the opportunity to have a life here in the dusk court. Liam and Buckys were not only very kind in sheltering me in my time of need, but also adopting me. It’s the first time I've really had a family. It’s good to have somewhere to belong.” he felt odd revealing so much of himself to a mare he had just met, but if she was his queen - she could be trusted right? Perhaps his mundane life wasn’t that interesting to someone in such a higher position; she must have a lot to think about. 

“ I am a soldier here at dusk, I am interested in providing protection to the court and those who need it. I have been practicing my fighting and flying. I will be here if I am needed, I would be more than happy to walk with you anytime Uzuri.” He hummed softly as he walked alongside her.  He did his best to try and let the joy of the situation not be overtaken by insecure worries. 

“Is there anything you can tell me about Vespera? I am trying to figure out where I fit into her picture of Dusk. I want to learn more about her, and what kind of things she enjoys and favors.” he asked softly, he seemed to ask this question of everyone he met here. As he grew older he was slowly getting a better grasp on his curiosity. It wasn’t so long ago that with every interaction he would fire off too many questions and be very distracted as a whole. 

There was still much growing to be had. He only hoped that he could prove to Liam and Uzuri that he was a worthwhile investment, and that having him as a soldier would be of benefit to the dusk court.

Played by Offline Marthanóir [PM] Posts: 69 — Threads: 8
Signos: 10
Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/His/Him]  |  Immortal [Year 494 Summer]  |  20 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 57  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

BUCKY & LIAM,

The great stallion had heard the main Citadel doors open and the announcement of Uzuri's arrival, but he hadn't emerged from his quarters to greet her. Instead, he was focused on the plans for Dusk Court as they were laid out upon his desk. Asta had been helping him come up with different things to do with the Court, but things had sort of stalled, and he was trying to figure out a way to get things started again. Dusk Court had idled as of lately, and part of that was his fault, but he wanted to get them active again. Guilt ached in his chest as he realized that he hadn't emerged to greet Uzuri and welcome her into her new home, and with a heavy sigh aimed at himself, he rolled up the scrolls and plans before departing for his private bathroom. Thankful that the chambermaidens had provided him with a warm bath, he sank in the water to his chin, his eyes fluttering shut as he relaxed. Muscles aching from too vigorous a workout that morning, the stallion was thankful that the warm water seeped into his every pore, every crevice and helped soothe the ache and hurt away. Sweat had clung to his copper-burnished coat, and had made him itchy, so quickly, he cleaned himself up and climbed out of the bath before drying himself off and stepping out to greet Uzuri.

Only to find that she wasn't alone.

Aeon, the charred colt that Bucky had brought home, was there to greet her, and Liam huffed in happy amusement as he approached the pair, his eyes bright and soft as he gazed at the two of them. "Well, well, I see that my Sovereign has met my son. Aeon, we couldn't thank you enough for being a part of our family. You've really made it complete," he rumbled, offering a tender smile to him before gazing at Uzi, his head tilting to the side a little. "Is there anything that you'd like me to carry for you to your new home, Uzi? I hate to know that you've basically had to carry everything here by yourself. Moving is so frustrating, and I can't imagine how frustrating or hard it's been on you to move from your forge to here," he offered, gesturing toward a few trunks. Suddenly, several large Clydesdale stallions appeared and Liam smiled brightly at them, almost giddy in their appearance. "Hey, yeah, just take the trunks and follow us, please. I don't imagine it'll be too much further, so thanks for your help!" He chirped, almost seeming too giddy.

Turning to look at Aeon and Uzuri again, he blushed and ducked his head a little, almost looking sheepish in his appearance. "I might have asked a few soldiers from the military to help you in moving today, Uzi. I know it's late and I know I should have been there when you started, and I'm sorry. Hopefully, this makes up for it, though?" Liam inquired gently, looking between the two equines before him. "I haven't spoken to Vespera since she was looking for a Sovereign and Rhone was there. Oh no, I should have gone to see her after I became Sovereign," he admitted, grimacing when he realized that he'd made a mistake in not seeing the Goddess of Dusk.

"Liam Speaks."

Notes;; Crappy reply is crappy.
Tag;; @Aeon @Uzuri
Voice claim;; Chris Evans
Word count;; 557

mono

Dusk Court Sovereign

Uzuri

»

Uzi smiled at the colt as she walked. "I can understand the feeling of wanting to be something special for your home. I started my life as a soldier, a warrior. I trained every day to be the best that I could be and to make Dusk proud. My only request is that you don’t train so hard that you lose yourself. Each of us is precious to the court, and each citizen in Dusk feels like family to me." She said warmly, almost motherly. It was funny how deeply she cared about those that would now look to her. Aeon’s company was pleasant and made her feel at ease on her journey to her new home.

"Vespera is an interesting goddess. She has always been that caring mother figure, loving and modest. The one to keep to herself though willing to protect those that she loves. Yet for that love, there is a shyness, a hesitancy to her. Something that screams to the fears within my own heart of being used for my cares. While many have different views in regards to Vespera, that is how she has always been to me." She answered him honestly. Probably more honest than she had intended. He was easy to speak to and she enjoyed his presence.

When Liam joined them, Uzi beamed at him. That smile turned into a snort as the soldiers came to transport her belongings to where they would be. "Thank you. I will get things put away shortly, so don’t worry about that please " She called to them before turning to Liam.

"I appreciate the help. Somehow I managed to stash away more weapons than I anticipated." She laughed softly. Turning to Aeon, she dipped her head. "I had better get some of this organized. It was a pleasure to speak to you and I sincerely hope we can speak again soon. My door is always open to those that reside in Dusk, to my family. I am honored to include you in that family, Aeon." She said, pressing her muzzle to hai shoulder before leading the stallions to her quarters to start to u pack.

"Uzuri"
"Neema"
@Aeon @Liam
Notes: Gonna casually have her head out <3 I would love another thread Morphi!

Dusk Court Soldier

Aeon

It was pleasant speaking with Uzi. Aeon hadn’t really had a good relationship with either of his parents. His father had never been in his life, and his mother ignored his existence once it was clear he wouldn’t be flying anytime soon. So having a family in dusk felt special, it felt like nothing he’d ever experienced before. Belonging and meaning, hand in hand. He would protect them with whatever it took, if the situation arose. 

“Thank you for telling me about Vespera, I hope in time I can find my own relationship with her. For now I don’t feel that touch or embrace from her, I can only hope she approves of my choices.” he said softly with a smile. 

He listened to her speech carefully, taking note of each and every detail. Aeon was a sponge for knowledge and that included his interactions with others. He noted that all this equipment and her blacksmithing was an interesting talent to have. He would definitely have questions for her about that at another time. 

He stiffened slightly feeling her embrace, her muzzle pressing to his neck. He relaxed and sighed deeply pressing his own to her neck. It felt good, it felt right. He had found his place within Novus and this day had only set that further into stone.  

“I hope we will speak often; I am here to help you if you ever need it.” he added as he withdrew to leave her quarters.