Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

OOC  - Year 508 Spring - Spotlight Winners!

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline inkbone [PM] Posts: 73 — Threads: 1
Signos: 25,195
Owner Administrator

SPOTLIGHT ANNOUNCEMENTS!
All prizes - both signos and EXP - have been distributed!

Congratulate @Dyzzie on winning Member of the Season!

From Scapeh: Dyzzie is just such a light in the chat, always joking, and plotting and encouraging people to get involved. To buy that art, to follow that idea, and she is utterly supportive. For me, personally, I was having a very hard time writing regularly, but she's always down to plot whatever you are, bounce ideas, and be patient while you figure things out. She's so helpful when it comes to offering advice or opinions when you need them, and I am 100% certain that some of the character developments I have going wouldn't be possible without her. She's such a staple of the Novus community, always active with several characters in several threads at any given time, and always looking for more. 

Congratulate @Jane on winning Character of the Season!

From Scapeh: I'm so excited to see how Jane handles her current situation, how having the relationship with Veil will help her blossom, and maybe heal herself, and forgive herself. Jane is feeling a lot of turmoil over family, but this season looks like it might be the sign of her finally shifting into something greater and better for herself, and I cannot wait to see where that leads her. 

Congratulate @Veil Nebula and @Torielle on winning Pair of the Season!

From Nastyalicorn: I love reading and watching this relationship evolve - there is a magical and wholesome bond between these two lovely ladies; i look forward to continuing to read their journey as they navigate all that is to come their way. No matter what is thrown at them, I know their friendship will thrive and grow.

Congratulate @Veil Nebula and @Torielle on "Shall We Dance" winning Thread of the Season!

From Morphi: The emotions and fun in this just run so deeply.

Congratulate @Veil Nebula on winning Quote of the Season!

From Winds of Change  — "Because you were my star when my loneliness was closing in like a black hole. You may have left, but I have to also acknowledge you were going home. We both know, I would have done the same to you, if the stars had told me how."

From Scapeh: Honestly, I'm trying not to cry again, haha. This is just such a pure response from Veil to her beloved sister. The understanding, the compassion, the empathy is so raw and beautiful. The unspoken forgiveness that Jane needed to hear in this moment, to know that everything was going to be okay, was still right between these two women, thick as thieves. It really gets me. If you haven't read the whole thing by now after I've made three nominations from it, you really should. 

NOMINATIONS WILL BE OPEN UNTIL 11:59P EST ON 04/07/22!
Spotlight Nominations for Year 508 Spring are now open! We're looking at YOU guys to give us the nominations on who you think would be the best for the following categories:

MEMBER of the Season
@nastyalicorn, who won Player OTS for Year 507 Winter, isn't available for nomination!

Current nominations: 
@Morphi (Nominated by @Dyzzie)
@Dyzzie (Nominated by @Scapeh)
@Sparrow (Nominated by @nastyalicorn)
@Briallu (Nominated by @Morphi)

CHARACTER of the Season
@Reinhart, who won Character OTS for Year 507 Winter, is not available for nomination!

Current nominations: 
@Jarek (Nominated by @Dyzzie)
@Gareth (Nominated by @Dyzzie)
@Jane (Nominated by @Scapeh)
@Liseli (Nominated by @Elidhu)
@Antiope (Nominated by @nastyalicorn)
@Torielle (Nominated by @Morphi)

PAIR of the Season
@Gareth & @Pangaea, who won Pair OTS for Year 507 Winter, cannot be nominated!

Current nominations: 
@Jarek & @Fever (Nominated by @Dyzzie)
@Veil Nebula & @Jane (Nominated by @Scapeh)
@Veil Nebula & @Torielle (Nominated by @nastyalicorn)
@Reliquary & @Elain (Nominated by @Morphi)

THREAD of the Season
Thread must have been made or posted in during Year 508 Spring (02/01 - 03/31)!

Current nominations: 
Winds of Change (Nominated by @Scapeh)
Shall we dance (Nominated by @Morphi)

QUOTE of the Season
Quote must come from a post made during Year 508 Spring (02/01 - 03/31)!

Current nominations:

@Jane in Winds of Change —  (Nominated by @Dyzzie)
"This is what I deserve. I chose this fate, loneliness must be its cost."

@Jane in Winds of Change(Nominated by @Scapeh)
"She was followed, always, by the dog whose name was Failure, and her blood lay thick along its jaw."

@Veil Nebula in Winds of Change(Nominated by @Scapeh)
"Because you were my star when my loneliness was closing in like a black hole. You may have left, but I have to also acknowledge you were going home. We both know, I would have done the same to you, if the stars had told me how."

@Veil Nebula in Shooting Stars(Nominated by @Morphi)
"Talk it out with me then, Jarek. Tell me; what it is about Torielle that made you so certain she was a prize presented to you. Perhaps, if we can figure out where this all started, we can see things have led you astray, and we can return you to the proper path of growth and moving forward."

And ideally, help him realize Torielle was not a gift he could unwrap and control.

Unwrapping Torielle was to be her job.

Prizes
  • Spotlight WINNERS will receive 250 signos, +5EXP and be highlighted in our Spotlight section! Member otS Winner can choose any (1) of their characters to apply their +5 EXP prize to, or save it for a future character.

• First person who nominated a Spotlight winner will also receive an extra 250 signos and +2EXP to any (1) of their characters.

• Anyone who submits a nomination will receive 50 signos and +1EXP to any (1) of their characters, up to a max of 250 signos/5EXP.

Rules
  • Post the below form in a reply to this thread, or message staff directly if you'd like to stay anonymous.

• You may nominate for 1, 2, 3, or all categories - and may make multiple nominations per category!

• You can nominate those already listed under current nominations, but be aware that multiple votes won't increase their chances of winning! Please try and suggest someone different, if you're able to.

• We know it's tempting but unfortunately, you cannot nominate yourself or threads that you've participated in!

• Inactive/pending characters or members are not eligible to win Spotlights, including if they were active when nominated by deactivated before the winners were determined.

• Players/Characters who won the previous season's Spotlights cannot be nominated this time around. This doesn't apply to those who were nominated last time but not chosen. They may be nominated again!

Code:
<center><div style="width:60%; text-align: justify;"><span class="officialheader">Spotlight Nomination!</span>

<b>Which OTS</b>: CHARACTER, PAIR, THREAD, OR MEMBER OF THE SEASON
<b>Show us</b>: TAG THE CHARACTER(s) OR MEMBER VIA @NAME, or <a href="LINK">TO THE THREAD</a>
<b>Reason:</b> TELL US WHY YOU CHOSE WHO/WHAT YOU CHOSE!

<b>Send signos/exp to:</b> @CHARACTER. MUST BE THE SAME FOR BOTH SIGNOS & EXP. WHICH OF YOUR CHARACTERS WOULD YOU LIKE TO RECEIVE THE 1EXP/50SIGNOS FOR SUBMITTING A NOM? YOU CAN ALSO CHOOSE TO SAVE FOR LATER
</div></center>

the novus crew

the someday crew

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 1 — Threads: 0
Signos: 8
OOC Account

Which OTS: Member*
Show us: @Morphi
Reason: Morphi never fails to be an energetic individual, eager for posts, eager for plots, eager to just chit chat. They provide a special brand of energy to the site that we would definitely notice if it was not around <3

Which OTS: Character*
Show us: @Jarek
Reason: You know those bad guy characters you cannot decide if you like, or hate - that's the definition of Jarek, though he's got a way about him lately that makes him far easier to right. As his story continues to develop, I am excited to see where he goes and who he becomes.

Show us: @Gareth
Reason: Here is another one of those characters who story is developing in a way that leads you on the edge of the seat. Seeing his character progression from his almost desperate attempts to hold onto Salome and be the perfect gentleman, to the beast who growls when Pangaea says just the right word has been an eye opening experience and I can never get enough of him

Which OTS: Pair*
Show us: @Jarek & @Fever
Reason: You ever see those post pairings where you're trying to decide if it's gonna go rated R, that's these two. It's like watching a shipwreck, but in shallow waters, so it's not scary so much as hypnotizing to see it going DOWN.

Which OTS: Quote*
Show us: @Jane in Winds of Change
“This is what I deserve. I chose this fate, loneliness must be its cost.”
Reason: There is such deep rooted sorrow here that it kicked me in the gut reading it. It really defines the character changes Jane has gone through to amount to her return.

Send signos/exp to: @Caelum

STAFF EDIT: * indicates staff have added this to the nomination list! EXP will be sent to your characters once Spotlight Nominations close and Winners are announced.

Played by Offline Scapeh [PM] Posts: 1 — Threads: 0
Signos: 1,675
OOC Account

Which OTS: THREAD*
Show us: The Winds of Change
Reason: I absolutely adore this thread. Seeing the heartbreak that Jane is going through just absolutely kills me, and how Veil just openly accepts her back because "Of course, you're family." is so good. Jane needs good things in her life, and this thread is just so heartwarming to read. It also has a lot of my favourite quotes, so you really are doing yourself a disservice by not reading the whole the thread. If I'm being honest, I never particularly held an opinion on Jane, neither like or dislike. This thread has changed everything for me and I have absolutely fallen in love with her character. 

Show us: @Jane in The Winds of Change
"She was followed, always, by the dog whose name was Failure, and her blood lay thick along its jaw."

Reason: This line is so damn good. It is evocative, emotional, and punchy. In the context of the rest of the post and thread, it really hits you where Jane's head is at during the beginning of this reunion, and when I read it I Knew I wanted to nominate it for Of The Season. 

Show us: @Veil Nebula in The Winds of Change to @Jane
"Because you were my star when my loneliness was closing in like a black hole. You may have left, but I have to also acknowledge you were going home. We both know, I would have done the same to you, if the stars had told me how."

Reason: Honestly, I'm trying not to cry again, haha. This is just such a pure response from Veil to her beloved sister. The understanding, the compassion, the empathy is so raw and beautiful. The unspoken forgiveness that Jane needed to hear in this moment, to know that everything was going to be okay, was still right between these two women, thick as thieves. It really gets me. If you haven't read the whole thing by now after I've made three nominations from it, you really should. 

Show us: @Veil Nebula & @Jane
Reason: Okay, so I think it's pretty obvious now that I am incredibly biased, haha. Have you read that thread yet? These two have such a tender relationship, and Veil really brings Jane out of her shell and I cannot wait to see how she creates a safe haven and a home for Jane while she's struggling with the things happening in her life, with her choices. I also can't wait to see how Jane continues to grow through her relationship with her chosen sister, and how that will bring her new life and new connections.

Show us: @Jane
Reason: You sense a theme yet? I'm so excited to see how Jane handles her current situation, how having the relationship with Veil will help her blossom, and maybe heal herself, and forgive herself. Jane is feeling a lot of turmoil over family, but this season looks like it might be the sign of her finally shifting into something greater and better for herself, and I cannot wait to see where that leads her. 

Show us: @Dyzzie
Reason: Okay, so clearly I'm biased, haha. But Dyzzie is just such a light in the chat, always joking, and plotting and encouraging people to get involved. To buy that art, to follow that idea, and she is utterly supportive. For me, personally, I was having a very hard time writing regularly, but she's always down to plot whatever you are, bounce ideas, and be patient while you figure things out. She's so helpful when it comes to offering advice or opinions when you need them, and I am 100% certain that some of the character developments I have going wouldn't be possible without her. She's such a staple of the Novus community, always active with several characters in several threads at any given time, and always looking for more. 

Send signos/exp to: @Nefertari I think would be good

Notes:  Okay, so obviously I'm on the Jane Train throughout this nomination, but I want to point out Dyzzie beat me to all my other nominations, so I decided to go all in with what resonated with me this season. I'd like to echo her choices of @Morphi, @Jarek, and the interaction between @Fever & @Jarek , even though I know nominating twice doesn't do anything.

STAFF EDIT: * indicates staff have added this to the nomination list! EXP will be sent to your characters once Spotlight Nominations close and Winners are announced.

Played by Offline Elidhu [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 5
OOC Account

Show us: @Liseli
Reason: Liseli is completely new, but I am wholly invested/captivated by this character. If you haven't read his biography, you absolutely have to. EigthWonder writes him so beautifully, 1003407340839% recommend threading with this captivating character <3

Send signos/exp to: @Apollune

Played by Offline nastyalicorn [PM] Posts: 1 — Threads: 0
Signos: 1,650
OOC Account

Show us: @Sparrow
Reason: Sparrow is an absolute delight in the discord, I've never watched so many people fight over Sparrow's 'good mornings' like they are a rare treat. Lucky for all of us, Sparrow continues to shower all of us in love, quickly getting to the ask-staff channel, and making everyone and their characters feel welcomed and appreciated. 

Show us: @Antiope
Reason: Speaking of fighting over things, I loved watching chat come alive and bubbling with the return of Antiope. She's classic: a fierce, wild, and beautiful character, and it was apparent that with how many of us wanted threads with Antiope, that she is a well loved character. Her internal monologue is a simple, yet wonderful read that adds a lot of depth. 

Show us: @Torielle and @Veil Nebula
Reason: I love reading and watching this relationship evolve - there is a magical and wholesome bond between these two lovely ladies; i look forward to continuing to read their journey as they navigate all that is to come their way. No matter what is thrown at them, I know their friendship will thrive and grow.

Send signos/exp to: @Fever - thank you

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 4 — Threads: 1
Signos: 1,070
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Member*
Show us: @ Briallu
Reason: Bri is always friendly and welcoming, you see it when she interacts with new players and just being really lovely to everyone

Which OTS: CHARACTER*
Show us: @Torielle
Reason: Tori has such depth as a character. She brings marvellous interactions and developments to all involved with her.

Show us: @Reliquary & @Elain
Reason: going beyond that physical contrast of appearances, their thread together is super cute. I like the idea of a vogabond and a court member together <3

Which OTS: Thread*
Show us: Shall we dance, Torielle and Veil Nebula - https://novus-rpg.net/showthread.php?tid=6897
Reason: the emotions and fun in this just run so deeply.

Show us: "Talk it out with me then, Jarek. Tell me; what it is about Torielle that made you so certain she was a prize presented to you. Perhaps, if we can figure out where this all started, we can see things have led you astray, and we can return you to the proper path of growth and moving forward."

And ideally, help him realize Torielle was not a gift he could unwrap and control.

Unwrapping Torielle was to be her job."
Reason: @Veil Nebula  in her interaction with Jarek is so interesting, and this quote just punches right to the point.

Send signos/exp to: @Aeon please! thank you!  edit: edited to add member b/c I forgot