Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - If I showed you my soul, would you cover your eyes?

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Thread Modes

Played by Offline Morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 1,400
Dusk Court Soldier
Male [He/his]  |  6 [Year 505 Spring]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 42  |    Active Magic: Aegis  |    Bonded: N/A

Aeon

So tell me your secrets ; and join me in pieces
TO FALL AND REWRITE THE BITTER END

Aeon found himself once more wandering in the Susurro fields. His mind ran through the memories he had tucked away of this place. The sooty and messy landing of his arrival that left him burnt and broken for a time. His meeting with the hybrid mare who taught him about looking where he was running, and that some creatures were sustained off flesh not plants. What other adventures would these lands hold in the future? His heart pounded with excitement at the thought of further learning and adventure.

The day was warm and the sunshine stroked his now healed hide. He ruffled his feathers and stretched his wingspan; feeling the warmth spreading through his feathertips. He kept them outstretched and flapped them at his side. A few loose feathers fell from their place and twirled to the ground. It reminded him of how he had fallen upside down infront of Bucky. How Bucky and Liam had taken him in and allowed him to heal. How the medic mare Caelum had treated his injuries. Feelings of guilt fleeted through him that he had not yet been back to thank her, and visit her since. It would feel appropriate to take a gift or some kind of plant with him. His knowledge on such things was woefully in short supply. 

He had heard that some time ago several children had been born to the dusk court. The idea of their court flourishing filled him with a different kind of warmth. One of hope and serenity. He had found a kind of peace. But it didn’t fill the inner turmoil within him that pushed him to improve and to drive himself to be a better stallion.  He hadn’t known peace in his life, he didn’t entirely trust it. He felt like it was a fragile existence, simply waiting for the correct moment to shatter into pieces and push them all into turmoil. 

He found himself once more thinking of Vespera and her place in all this. He had also unfortunately not been productive on that venture either. He still felt like there were mysterious things left to be solved. He felt like it would be so much simpler, if Vespera could simply tell him what she desired of him? If anything. It was clear however; that he had at least a few tasks ahead of him to guide his choices.

ooc: Introspective but hopeful Aeon for @SERAPH

Played by Offline Kaiju [PM] Posts: 6 — Threads: 0
Signos: 235
Dusk Court Citizen
Female [she / her]  |  Immortal [Year 506 Summer]  |  17.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 12  |    Active Magic: Chaos Manipulation  |    Bonded: N/A

DON'T YOU THINK I LOOK PRETTY
curled up on this bathroom floor

She's had troubles ever since her birth , but it didn't stop her .

Seraph blinks golden eyes , squinting and tilting her head just a little as she tries to focus on a small flower in front of her . Pressure builds in her sinuses , in the front of her head , and she squints more , almost nose to petal with the flower , before she exhales loud and her body seems to snap in relief as she lets go of tension . Nothing. Of course it was nothing .

Oh her magic seemed to come to life whenever she wasn't even focusing , but if she tries , nothing happens .

A small hoof stomps in annoyance , and she lifts her head , looking up at the sky for a moment as she tries to see if she can spot a dark figure up in the clouds . Dad would be annoyed she left again , she knows . He hasn't even taught her how to fly yet , or Soren . It's like he fears for them , even though he knows they're immortal , that they're not made of glass .

Out of frustration , her leathery wings flap at her sides , lifting up her front half for a moment , cleft hooves waving in the air before she drops back down , a sigh leaving her . Another flap , the underwing shimmering in the bright of the day , before they tuck to her sides and she ducks her horned head instead , closing her eyes . Even shut , she can see the small flickers of pink light that dance from her head , the halo all encompassing around her head .

" Oh ! " Her eyes open , and she sees the world shift in front of her , the ground sprouting up a bunch of very bright pink and large flowers right into her face that are very much not native to Terrastella , or this plane of existence . All four ears perk up , and she noses at them , snorting as the flowers laugh very audibly , and she drags her head back .

@Aeon

Dusk Court Soldier
Male [He/his]  |  6 [Year 505 Spring]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 42  |    Active Magic: Aegis  |    Bonded: N/A

Aeon

It was after his sunning and stretching that he noticed the smaller young mare some distance ahead of him. The way her golden scales were reflective in the sunlight caught his attention, they seemed familiar but he couldn’t place in his mind where he had seen them before.  By the way they were standing he couldn’t exactly see what she was doing, but he could sense some frustration with her movements. Whatever it was, it wasn't going her way.

It was difficult for Aeon to sneak up on anyone if he intended to, with his large size and general lack of grace. He had just mastered how to fly properly, and was enjoying the new found strength of his wings and feathers.  That being said, he didn’t want to startle the smaller creature. 

“Hello, I am Aeon.” he said softly to the laughing creature, feeling slightly uneasy at the laughing flower beside her. “What is your name? Why is the flower laughing?” he asked tilting his head to the side, feelings of concern beginning to well up within him. His mind flickered to visions of the flower growing teeth and growing hungry. Was this the moment the plants would finally have revenge on them?

The flower, though unnerving, was beautiful. What a curious situation to wander into - well he had wanted an adventure. It seemed he had found one!

ooc: Aeon for @SERAPH

Dusk Court Citizen
Female [she / her]  |  Immortal [Year 506 Summer]  |  17.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 12  |    Active Magic: Chaos Manipulation  |    Bonded: N/A

Her mother had feared for her to inherit magic , at least , the sort that her mother had . But Elain's magic was something entirely different than hers , it seemed . Seraph had inherited it , in some small way , but her type seemed to be far more chaotic . No real roots in anything except random things that kept happening . If she wasn't careful , however , some of it seemed to be able to backfire onto her .

The poor growing filly had already had her fair share of injuries from it .

All four ears flick at the sound of approaching hooves , and she tries to move , wings flaring open in surprise and revealing the shimmering rose gold of the inner membranes as she attempts to cover the flower . She fails , of course , and Seraph feels her heart in her throat for a moment . She'd been told to be careful of who sees her magic , just in case , but the stallion approaching her seems to be ... nice ? She wants to say nice .

Tilting her head just slightly , she fixes her good eye on the other , looking a little startled . " Oh .. erm . Seraph , " she says at first , before her ears fall slightly and she ducks her head down . " It --- it's magic . My magic , but it won't hurt you , I swear ! It -- I'm just trying to learn to control it . " She looks back to the flower a moment , reaching her nose to touch the laughing plant .

She's nervous , however . She's not met anyone else other than her family , and the magic feeds off that emotion , off any emotion , and there's a movement before the plant grows thorns , and suddenly grows larger , lodging a thorn into her nose and sending her back a few steps with a soft squeal . " O-oh ! Ow ow ow --- I --- oh why can't you listen ?! " She fusses at the plant , and it shrinks back down , as if responding meekly . Embarrassed , would be one way to describe the flower , how it wilts a little and seems to lower its bud . " Erm .. sorry , Aeon . It .. I -- " She looks frustrated herself , unable to explain properly .

@Aeon

Dusk Court Soldier

Aeon

He wasn’t frightened of her magic, he was more-so concerned for her well being. It flared the deep seated protective nature within him. As the flower wilted he moved closer to inspect it. “Don’t be sorry, not so long ago I couldn’t even do basic movement magic. Even then I can’t do anything quite as impressive as you can!” He picked up a couple of dropped petals with the telekinesis that all creatures in this land seemed to possess. He then let them drop and twirl to the ground. Torielle would be proud, he had grown so much since those first lessons in the library. He made a mental note that he should aim to visit her sometime.  

As the thorns were lodged into her, Aeon moved to insert himself in the space between the flower and the young mare. He would use the flesh of his body to protect hers, he stretched his wingspan outwards slowly as a further barrier. “I won’t let it hurt you. Sing to it softly!” he chuckled softly. Reaching with his mouth intending to help her remove the thorns. “It’s nice to meet you Seraph, I am a dusk soldier, it’s my duty to help protect the citizens here.”

It was always a pleasure to meet new faces, especially those closer to his own age. He figured he was at least a year older then the young mare he had just met. He was sure just like anything else in life, magic would take practice. He could understand how that would be frightening to do alone. 

Ooc: note - this is not magic - this is just physically using his body as a barrier.

Dusk Court Citizen

Her ears fall slightly , all four of them seeming to simply slip downward in an expression that matches the sheepish look on her face . " Mother says I have to be careful with my magic . " She's hurt herself with it , which is why Elain tells her to be gentle . Her father , however , has an ever increasing worry that he hopes would lessen over time . That perhaps she would learn to control it .

The flower wilts away at last , shrinking down and down until there's nothing left once Aeon inserts himself between her and it . Seraph blinks serpentine eyes , looking up at him with a round sort of gaze that speaks of innocence . " We have soldiers ? I haven't seen anyone -- can anyone join ? " She's always been a bit rough and tumble , but father would have a heart attack if that's what she became . Or at least , she thinks so . But wouldn't it be a way to meet everyone ??? Without her father at her back or anywhere monitoring her obsessively , as if he's scared of something happening to her . She's old enough to do things on her own , she knows , and she's begun to get exasperated with him .

The growing filly almost jumps as a nose touches her , her eyes widening even more and her wings fluttering slightly at her sides . If the pale girl could blush , she absolutely would . Aeon was rather handsome , and she's never been around , well , anyone . But she holds still , wrinkling her nose with a soft noise when the thorn is removed from her soft skin at the end of her muzzle . " Thank you , " she says in a soft tone , smiling a little .

" Do you know anyone else here in Dusk ? Father doesn't let me out of his sight too often , he says the world can be dangerous . But you're pretty nice ! Is ... is everyone ? "

@Aeon

Dusk Court Soldier

Aeon

“How else will you learn if you don’t use it? I imagine it takes practice like any other skill.” he said softly, unsure of some of the feelings rising within him. He hadn’t had much interaction with those around his own age, let alone anyone quite this pretty. He pulled his mind into place - he would enjoy her company but he wouldn’t let these weird feelings consume him. He was of course unsure of if their age gap was socially acceptable, he had no experience with these things. He couldn’t be that much older then her right?  Maybe Liam or Uzi would be able to help him with such things. 

“Well, I think the Dusk court is pretty open to letting folks develop into who they want to be. Liam and Bucky took me in when I fell down a volcano in the sky. Liam and Uzi are co-leaders in this place. “ He stopped to think for a moment. “I don’t see why you can’t be a soldier if you want to be! I’m sure once properly controlled your magic would be very useful if dusk was ever threatened.” he said with conviction in his voice. 

“Who are your parents? Liam and Bucky adopted me!” he asked now curious himself of her origins. There was something familiar about her, but Aeon still hadn’t put the connections together that he had actually met her mother previously.

Dusk Court Citizen

He has a point , she knows . She has to practice and practice , but it seems that no matter how much she practices , it only seems to backfire on her . It's literally Chaos , her magic . A sort of thing that can't be contained , and only feeds off her emotions and thoughts . So far , however , the only one that seems to take any sort of damage from it is her , whether it's small or not .

The mention of Bucky and Liam has her ears swiveling forward and her eyes wide . Seraph seems to perk up slightly , and the smile appears , pulling at her lips and revealing small golden fangs . " Liam and Bucky ? Mom told me about them !! " Maybe if she talked to them , she could be what she wanted . If her father ever let her into the court and away from him for a while . She needs to meet others , she knows that . He can't keep her sheltered forever .

" My mother is Elain , and my father is Reliquary , and my twin sister is Soren ! " Her tail sweeps behind her , shimmering slightly as it lifts the tufts of hair away from the grass and drops it back down . " Mom tells me about a lot of others but ... father never lets me see them . He worries a lot . " Her shoulders droop just a little , her horned head dropping slightly as well . " I had to sneak away just to come out here . "

@Aeon

Dusk Court Soldier

Aeon

The pieces fall into place as he hears her mothers name. Now he understood where he had seen the scales before. He recalled her mother was beautiful and he had spoken to Elain about Vespera. He suddenly felt a wave of shyness, would she approve of them talking? He pushed these thoughts aside. He had done nothing wrong, and there was nothing wrong with getting to know members of the dusk court. 

“Oh! I know your mother! She is very nice” he said with a soft smile. “I haven’t met your father before though.” he said with a slight frown as she mentioned how controlling they could be. “Bucky and Liam are really the only true parents I've known. Torielle from the dawn court taught me basic magic and how to read and write. Caelum from the night court healed my wounds from my terrible fall. When I first got here I was covered in burns and soot. It wasn’t an easy time to be alive. But it was all worth it for the life I've been able to make in Dusk. I can imagine your parents only think they are protecting you, but clearly your magic can be dangerous to yourself. This is something to be more concerned about I think.” he said gently. 

It was difficult to accept that maybe your parents didn’t have the right view of the world, but this was something Aeon had to accept from the start of his life. They had after all told him he was responsible for the Volcano erupting!

Dusk Court Citizen

Seraph smiles , a bright look on her soft features as she laughs just a little . " Mom is more social than dad . Dad -- " she pauses as she speaks , her ears swiveling a little bit . She thought she heard wings but ... there's nothing . Her body relaxes again , and her tail curls around her legs a little , watching Aeon with a curious look . " Dad stays at home a lot . He -- a lot of people get scared seeing him , " comes the admittance , softer .

" And for good reason . " The voice is a thunderous rumble , a massive figure landing behind the pale kirin and she widens her eyes a little . Her head turns , so she can look over her shoulder properly . " D-dad ! "

Reliquary only snorts at her , shuffling four massive wings at his sides , his towering bulk looming over her as she drops her head a little . Busted . The stallion sneers a little , his teeth sharp in the flicker of baring he gives . He knows of many in the court , though none really know of him . He prefers to keep it that way , to keep others away from himself and his family , to protect them .

" T-this is Aeon ! My new .. friend ? " She shyly says it , looking up at the stallion hopefully , and the titan merely snorts , blinking five eyes at the other . " Friend , huh ? "

@Aeon

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »