Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Go your own way

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 1,400
Dusk Court Soldier
Male [He/his]  |  6 [Year 505 Spring]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 42  |    Active Magic: Aegis  |    Bonded: N/A

Aeon

So tell me your secrets ; and join me in pieces
TO FALL AND REWRITE THE BITTER END

It had taken a lot longer than the young stallion had intended to find his way back to Caelum’s shop. So much had happened in dusk, just recently the announcement of Liam’s stepping down. Along with meeting many new faces within dusk. He had healed well, his feathers and coat had regrown nicely with minimal scarring. He had learnt to fly, hence being able to soar his way from Dusk to night court for this visit. Seeing the lands rolling by past beneath him was a pleasure he had come to enjoy. It took time to master his flight - it felt free to be able to relax and use his strength to guide him in the air. 

He had felt odd reappearing with nothing to offer. So when he had stopped to catch his breath he searched for something fitting in the neutral lands. First he found a tree with delicate looking leaves on its branches. He found the texture of these pleasing to look at. However it seemed quite bland without something else.  He looked and sniffed carefully inspecting plant after plant. Deciding that anything prickly, or odd smelling wouldn’t be a good choice. He had mastered basic telekensis since their last visit, so he was able to pluck them in a much neater fashion than he could have previously. He settled on white and purple flowers that seemed to grow aplenty beside the stream. Their petals felt silky and smooth, with a mild fragrance. It still felt like it was missing something…He plucked 4 large white feathers from his wings and stuck them amongst his novice arrangement. With some long grass he assembled the ends together neatly. 

He could be bringing her weeds and unpleasant things for all he knew. But in his mind they looked beautiful, and didn’t smell bad. He only hoped he had made decent choices. Perhaps this simply highlighted his lack of botanical knowledge. He hadn’t wanted to pick or pluck plants that belonged to someone and find himself in trouble. He was ever more aware of the politics of the area; it wouldn’t do well to stir any unrest in this time. He was sure Uzi would do right by Dusk; but Aeon was unaccustomed to change. 

With his attempt at flower arrangement tucked in his mouth he found his way to Caelum’s shop. Carefully lowering his speed and landing outfront with a swoosh of feathers. Being as large as he was, making a stop was sometimes difficult. It had taken alot of crashing to learn how to land. He knocked gently on the door, and stood patiently waiting for a response. He hoped she was home - he hadn’t thought of writing a card in-case she wasn't.

@Caelum

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

The runaway queen was humming to herself as she set about working in her shop. The fresh scent of pastries were in the air, as she took a fresh batch from the wood burning oven, and set them to cool on a nearby cooling rack. The next batch of pastries were then placed on the metal plate and pushed over the carefully constructed bars that kept the pastries in the heat of the fire, but out of the flames. No one liked burnt pastries with their tea after all. It was as she was arranged the cooled batches of pastries to plates, that she heard the sound of an individual landing outside. Her mind immediately ran through the list of those she knew with wings. Syn, Isra, Fang, Aeon - though last she knew he wasn't flying. How shocking to realize most of those she considered close companions where flightless.

She turned towards the door curiously, before watching the last of the considered individuals walk towards the door, an amused smile on her face, "The door is open for a reason, Aeon - do come inside. I have pastries freshly baked if you're interested." She calls from across the room, as she finishes arranging a plate marked with a set of fairy wings - a calling card for what was not available to the public for their own safety, but still available for herself, and Syn if she should visit. It might be dangerous adding fae foods with the rest of the goodies, but so far the fairy wing plate marker was doing well in helping make sure no one fell victim to that sort of enchantment.

She then finally turned to approach the colt, no - stallion. He certainly looked it, having grown in the time since she had last seen him. Taller now, his feathers and pelt coming in better - well enough that those feathers allowed him to fly. The scarring, tho minimal, was present tho, and she briefly wondered of any creams or salves that may help to further lessen them. She doesn't ponder to much, knowing some stallions like their 'warrior markings'. Trey had. "I see you are flying!" she praises instead, her smile warm - delighted by the development, "That must mean your feathers have grown in wonderfully." She was immediately looking over him, her gaze scanning the healed wounds, eyeing some of the tougher scarring, wondering if they pulled with movements from the rough, scarred hide. "Any lingering pain? Difficulties moving? Anything that has not healed properly." She immediately asked, ignoring the arrangement he carried for now, her obvious concern on his health rather than a gift.

The stormy-hued fae then motioned for him inside, amusement in her hazelnut gaze, "I assume that arrangement is for me?" She finally addressed the unique, but lovely gift, motioning for him to find a seat that was comfortable, her own telekinesis already arranging a platter of the treats he had been so fond of last time, a tea pot of a simple herbal mix with light hints of lemongrass, jasmine and honey, and the sides to go with it - milk, and sugar, as well as two empty tea cups. "Sit, sit, tell me everything you have been up to. It has been much to long since I saw you last, you were due for a check up weeks ago, Aeon. But I shall forgive you this time, if you inspire to attend further check ups when you injury yourself on time." She teased with a kind smile to the much younger stallion.

“Talk.”
(Alternate color for thoughts).
Tiana, the bonded soul-spirit

@Aeon
Running out of fucks that I can give to you
But you can still be pretty on the inside, too
Your heart's so cold, but I love the way you lie
Should've seen the red flags, but for you I'm fucking blind
x | x

Dusk Court Soldier
Male [He/his]  |  6 [Year 505 Spring]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 42  |    Active Magic: Aegis  |    Bonded: N/A

Aeon

He hummed softly feeling relieved that she was home to receive him. In hindsight the smell of her baking should have been a heavily weighted hint to this. He dipped his head as he moved inside. He had grown but somehow he still felt like he fit just as well inside. The familiar and comforting smell of her cooking intoxicated his nostrils. Coming and seeing Caelum was like a warm hug on a cold winter morning. She was always welcoming, and knew just what he needed. 

“You know I can’t resist your pastries” he replied somewhat sheepishly, feeling his stomach grumble. Many things had changed and grown within Aeon, however his love for Caelum’s cooking had not changed. In particular his taste for certain pastries. She mentioned that he was flying, he nodded softly, slightly spreading his wings showing his feathers had grown in well. A few looked a little more ragged, beside where he had plucked the couple of feathers for the flower arrangement. “Flying turned out to be the easier part, landing has been more challenging” he said with a soft snort. 

Being back within this shop almost made Aeon feel like a colt again. He had grown and matured a lot since his initial injury. It was likely without Caelum’s help he may not have recovered properly, or recovered at all. “It’s mostly occasional itching but I think that's mostly due to the feathers growing through properly, but it’s much much better.” He stood still feeling her eyes examining him. 

“These are indeed for you” he said softly presenting his attempt at arranging flowers to Caelum. His stomach fluttered slightly with anxiety. He honestly had no idea if the flowers he had picked were a good choice or if she would like them. He found himself a comfortable spot much the same way in the pillows when he had been originally treated. 

“I will” he said softly in response to her reminding him how late he was for his review. He smirked softly using telekinesis to fill the tea cups, and bringing one cup to his own mouth he sipped it gently. His heart raced once more, but this time with excitement to show her what he was now capable of. 

Holding the tea cup carefully still took more concentration then likely a well practiced and skilled practitioner. He put the cup down carefully before continuing to speak. The first port of news was not something he was sure he would be able to maintain concentration while speaking about. “Well, Liam has stepped down from leadership and Uzuri will be guiding us from now on. I still don’t feel like I have a meaningful relationship with Vespera. But Uzi tells me that she is like a loving mother, I haven’t felt a connection myself yet. I maintain my position as a dusk soldier and maintain rounding of our borders for safety and security. I am seeking new skills to learn but knowing what to choose is a challenge in itself. Everything is interesting.” he stops talking with a soft sigh feeling the weight of uncertainty of the future on his shoulders. He lifts one of the treats with his telekinesis and starts to chew it while listening for her reply. “But what about you? How's things here?”

@Caelum

Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

The fae laughed in delight at his sheepish response, his stomach rumbling to further demonstrate the proof of his preference for her pastries, "Look for you I have some fresh and ready then, is it not?" She teased with a fond smile for the stallion she still viewed as a youth, watching him with a gentle, and understanding smile "It gets easier with time. A dear friend of mine was once very terrible with landing himself. He always fumbled over his own hooves. Got very pouty every time I would show him up." The playful laughter seemed to echo in her head, the memories bittersweet and warm of her first love falling into a bunch of mud and the fight that ensued, leaving them both a mess, standing sheepishly in the Castle gardens. Arson had gotten her in so much trouble then, but he had her mother wrapped around his hoof too, always able to weasel them a gentle warning rather than a more significant punishment. "One of these days, perhaps I will give you some tips. I would also recommend, spend some times with birds of prey - they can be a useful means of learning how to mimic your own wings to theirs, to fly smoother." She offered. She'd done the same thing with butterflies and dragonflies as a child after all.

She nods when he speaks of occasional itching, wondering if there was anything she could offer to help soothe the injured skin, before remembering a paste. She trotted towards the shelf, finding a small container and bringing it back to him, "Put this in small amounts when the itching gets to be too distracting, it shall soothe the skin. Chickweed to help soothe, and protect the skin, as well as offering moisture to help the skin remain healthy while the feathers grow in. Calendula to help make sure nothing nasty gets in there while things are growing in, as well as to soothe. Peppermint for both an energizing scent, and to make it nicer to have to apply, as well as itch relief. All in a plant base meant to help hold the moisture of the salve to keep the areas being treated from drying out. It does not need to be covered by a wrap either." She offered with a smile.

She smiled as she took the arrangement from him, immediately setting it up in a nearby empty vase, arranging the collection just slightly to make sure every piece of it was on display, "It is very original, I love it. Thank you, Aeon." She praised, turning back to him with a warm smile, before settling down in her own pillows across the table from him and careful to mix up her own tea cup to her preference. She did look up in shock at the words of Liam stepping down, "I was not aware he was even considering stepping down. That is unfortunate, he has done well for Dusk Court. Hopefully Uzuri will be fine, she only recently moved to stand beside him." Her voice was gently concerned, before she smiled faintly, "I am sure you are doing a fine job as a soldier, I am glad life is doing so well for you. The shop has been well, and I certainly cannot complain for the quiet times. I much prefer a quieterlife style. QUiet is akin to peaceful, and I am far too old for drama. The fae declared with a laugh.

“Talk.”

@Aeon
x | x

Dusk Court Soldier

Aeon

He listened to her intently, soaking up the joy of her mood. It calmed his nerves that he hadn’t even really recognised had been somewhat frazzled since the announcement that Liam would be stepping down. He had spent a reasonable amount of time making his security rounds around the lands. It had felt good to be doing something that was both productive and took his mind off his anxiety.  He was most fortunate that she had baked his exact favourite. It reminded him of just how much Caelum had done for him. How much security her friendship had provided him. “Thank you” he said with a grin, feeling himself relax in her company. 

The idea to fly with birds of prey was not one he had considered previously. It was an interesting one to think about. He had previously watched them duck and dive and fly at far faster speeds then he had dared to so far. It was a good idea. “It seems like watching them would offer benefits. I don’t think I am ready to go as fast or do some of the stunts they do!” He replied recalling some of what he’d seen birds doing. 

He nodded and listened to her instructions carefully. He would be sure to return to see Caelum more often. He unscrewed the lid and sniffed it tentatively. He trusted Caelum entirely with his life and health. If she told him that he should wake daily and wipe mud on his brow, he’d likely do that.  He had never heard of most of the things she had just mentioned. The smell of the peppermint was pleasant and strong. So this is what he was to smell like. The thought drew a smirk to his lips. “I like the smell,” he said softly. 

He was so relieved that she liked his ideas for the arrangement. He didn’t think he’d have a future in flowers - but this was enough for him. He was doing well at being a soldier. The training routines he had taken on seemed to suit him. Something about the consistency of the physical training was reassuring to him. As sure as the sun rose he was out training and doing his rounds. 

“Please send for me if there is trouble.” he said, his tone taking a serious turn. Surely Denocte soldiers rounded and ensured her safety. He contemplated in the moment to add a trip to the lake to his rounds, at least daily. He couldn’t bare the idea of Caelum being harassed or somehow made uncomfortable. 

He was sure that she had tricks up her sleeve and was able to defend herself. “I’m sure you are very capable of defending yourself, but it is in my nature to worry. I should visit more often.” he said with a soft sigh. “Do the Denocte soldiers check in every so often?” he asked now curious about the practices of the other courts. 

@Caelum

Night Court Medic

Caelum relaxed in her shop - the sort of relaxation that could only come from good company and a safe place (no place was more safe and feeling of home than her shop too). As Aeon happily took to the snacks, she smiled at his gracious thanks, waving it off. She'd have to speak to him about not thanking her (or other faeries really) at another time - right now she was simply delighted to have done something well for someone else. At her suggestion to fly with the birds of prey, she was delighted to see him considering it. "Do not worry about having to do anything they do to soon, Aeon. The tricks is observing how they fly so you can then emulate their methods. That is all. I imagine you will do well picking up their tricks slowly."

She was amused as he took the jar to sniff, tilting her head before smiling faintly, "It is a stable scent that will mix well with most things involved." She agreed with a laugh, before tilting her head when he asked if she would send for him if she found trouble. She had to laugh then, shaking her head, "You need not worry, your are accurate in your assumptions that I can defend myself very, very well. Even when outnumbered, I can hold my own fairly well against three or four assailants even." She declared proudly, before nodding at his next question, "Yes, a number of the Denocte soldiers visit me to check in on me. Boleyn and Fang both are common visitors. I also am regularly seen in town during certain shopping days, and I am certain many would notice if I missed a day. Further, I am very, very close friends to the Sovereigns of Denocte. Well, not just to them.

One of my best friends is mated to the Sovereign of Dawn, as well. And Uzuri is his sister in Dusk . . . I suppose I hadn't really realized how interconnected I have become with the other courts . . . .
" Her voice trails off before she laughs and shakes her head, "Either way, I appreciate the concern, but you have no need to worry about me. I was a warrior long before I became a medic." A warrior queen, that is; but same thing when it came down to it - was it not?

“Talk.”

@Aeon
x | x

Dusk Court Soldier

Aeon

“I suppose you are right, the way they dive is pretty interesting. But I think the ground would come up at me far too fast right now” he said with a further chuckle. Thinking about how awkward his landings were currently, he could not imagine trying to regain height after diving down so quickly. It would…likely result in crashing and pain. 

As he ate another pastry he asked “Which food is your favourite?” It occurred to him that she knew exactly what he liked, but he didn’t know what she liked. He had taken a guess that she would appreciate flowers as they were well…natural. He had also guessed flowers because of her appreciation of plants. He was so relieved that his gift had been so well received.

Aeon was glad to hear that she had frequent visitors. It didn’t take away the guilt he had welled within him at not visiting more often. It made him feel more comfortable that she wasn’t often alone, and that others were checking on her. Was there anything Caelum couldn’t do? She had mended his burnt and sooty body. She could cook the most delicious things he had ever eaten. But now he learns she was a warrior too? This piqued his interest fiercely. He took a breath and reminded himself that asking too many questions too fast was rude. He couldn’t help but be so curious now. 

“What kind of fighting do Fae do?” he said tilting his head to the side, his sentence structure becoming slightly awkward as he struggles to contain the other questions floating about his mind. He was always curious about the training and fighting styles of others. His mind was thirsty for knowledge and he felt comfortable enough to ask Caelum directly about this. 

@Caelum

Night Court Medic

The mare tilted her head, a faint smile on her muzzle as he considered the options. She nodded faintly, amused, Exactly, and you could likely learn a lot from just watching them below. You do not necessarily need to copy them. Just watch how they move their wings, angle their feathers - and you may find your own flying improving in turn. She explained with a laugh, before blinking in surprise at his question. She looked up towards her ceiling, eyes following the many numerous floating balls of light, thoughtful, That is a difficult question to answer. Mostly due to many of my favorite dishes being the sort others wouldn't be able to try. But just about anything made from the fruit that grew in my people's homelands tends to be high on my list of favorites. The fae admitted with a smile.

It was also true, that while she could be a little out of place, out over the water, it wasn't a lack of visitors for her to tend to. As luck would have it, may visit her. Scholars, and soldiers, and many others who came for the drinks, food; or even just to share her company - all aspects that delighted her. While the success of her home, her shop was certainly important, the knowledge that she had gained so many friends was just as important to her. Connections, relationships, individuals who cared about what she did, or what she said. That to here was more precious than any patronage to her shop. Whether they came in for a drink of tea, or just to ask her how she was doing, the interactions were always special.

She smiles with a faint laugh at his next curious question, You must remember, fae are a very unique breed. We have our own brands of magic, typically based around nature itself, and due to this, our abilities to fight are not so distinct as one may expect. That said, I am a very good shot with a Bow and Arrow; but my magic certainly helps. Perhaps I shall show you some time. A demonstration perhaps. I do not necessarily fight myself, not if I can help it, but if nothing else it would be fun to show another what my abilities actually are when it comes to my magic. Briefly she falls quiet, thoughtful, before sighing, Though, perhaps waiting until my final gift of my heritage activates . . . to see how it all may be able to work together. The day when she would finally take home her father's magic, when she would truly champion Summer, in the way her realm, her home world, her court would demand.

“Talk.”

@Aeon
x | x

Dusk Court Soldier

Aeon

He couldn’t help but follow her vision looking at the curious floating balls of light. He was somewhat transfixed by their beauty and oddity. There was always something mysterious and unexplained around Caelum. It wasn’t in a sinister fashion, it was in a curiously magical manner. Magical and extraordinary things seemed to flourish in her company. It was not surprising to his mind to realize this, after all all around them were the tokens of her success and care. 

He tilted his head to the side, a further question popping into his mind “There are foods that are suitable for Fae only?” He wondered briefly what a fae food would feel or taste like. Would it be light and fluffy like a cloud and taste wonderfully sweet? Perhaps it would taste poorly for creatures without her blood line, would it be dangerous? He took a mental note to stop his circling questions, taking the effort to focus and wait to see what her reply would be. He was sure she would answer that and more knowing how curious he could be about everything and anything. 

“I look forward with excitement to seeing what you are capable of.” he said with a soft chuckle. He wasn’t sure what that would look like. He could only imagine it would be something amazing. Everytime he was in her company he learnt something new, he could only imagine what she was capable of. What would Fae magic look like? Sizzling and electric magic or perhaps something more humming and subtle. He didn’t know anything about it at all if he was honest. 

“Is there anything in particular I can keep an eye out for you? I travel a lot of distance in my security rounding,  I often wonder what things you might like.” he asked softly enquiring about her needs. 

“I should get home soon,” he added with a soft smile. ”It has been a pleasure to see you, and I promise I will come by more often.” the guilt snaking back at his stomach once more.

@Caelum