Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - The start of something new

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Thread Modes

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 77 — Threads: 21
Signos: 35
Dusk Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  11 [Year 500 Spring]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Neema (Maned Wolf)

Uzuri

« No Damsel in distress, don’t need to save me. »

Dawn was pleasant in summer, similar to her own beloved court. She had arrived to speak to Cally officially as Sovereign, just before the chaos that had come with Liam and his stepping down and leaving. There was still a pant in her heart at the abrupt change, but she was determined to do her best and not let down those that had voted for her. So, desiring a break from the court, she and Neema took a small journey to the beautiful forest. 

The maned wolf was bouncing through the underbrush, her vibrant coat a calling card to any that had seen her before. "Mind staying semi close, Neema? Vespera forbid that you give one of Cally’s court a heart attack! She might just send Coy and his glitter after us!!" She called with a teasing tone. Her companion yipped a laugh and bounded closer. 

"He wouldn’t dare. I would bite his dear butt." Neema panted before plunging away again. Sometimes Uzi wondered if the canid would ever slow down. 

A soft smile seemed permanently etched upon her face as she followed, the shading from the trees a welcome change to the hot summer sun. Though after the forge, was summer even truly hot? The thought made Uzi snort and she casually stretched her wings and tucked them back in. She had her weapon on her, a habit formed from when she was a soldier. The matching armor was at home, making her feel light and free. 

Neema raced back to her side, making Uzi flick an ear and gaze about her curiously. There was a shadow that she hadn’t noticed, a figure just a bit further in the woods. Stepping forward, Uzi approached with Neema staying close by. 

"Hello. Beautiful afternoon, isn’t it?" She greeted the other, dipping her head and smiling warmly at him.

"Uzuri"
"Neema"
@Liseli
Notes: <3 I am sooo excited!!!
Credit: Character by Chaosy, Art by LizzArtStudios

Played by Offline EighthWonder [PM] Posts: 21 — Threads: 5
Signos: 1,990
Dawn Court Medic
Intersex [He / Him / They / Them]  |  7 [Year 504 Spring]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 11 — Atk: 9 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Liseli

Here he was yet again, the copper equine was not unfamiliar with the forest. It was and always would be his true home, that place where the world around him made sense. Where the creatures around him only told their stories in actions and never lied. Today he’d come to the forest looking for something spesific, a type of mushroom he’d heard about from a passing rumor in the festival. Supposedly one which had the same reflective appearance that he had been born with. He meant not to pick the little being but rather even see if it existed in the first place at all. 

He searched high and low, anywhere he knew he’d seen mushrooms of any kind before. The day before it had rained and the sky still stunted it’s beautiful heavy grey tones so the earth was plump with the nights rain. The scent of the forest, the trees themselves, complimented the richness from the damp earth. It was the perfect weather for finding the mushrooms, or so he thought. Even though he’d seen the one’s he was accustomed too; the oysters, the hedgehogs, the black trumpets… he could not seem not find the golden one the passer had told him of. 

Liseli’s heavy feet stopped as he gave out a hearty sigh. Suppose today isn’t the day. He shook his head flying off the light covering of dew from his neck and shoulders that had accumulated upon he as he wandered. There wasn’t much for him to do now but return to the dwelling he’d been inhabiting deeper in the woods. He looked gentle to the sky and spread his mass of feathers to take off. Just through the first stretch back though, he paused. A noise. 

His ears twitched curiously towards the farther bushes near-by under the trees. It seemed large, though not as large as he. A smarter horse would’ve turned and gone the other way, but through no fault of his own Liseli was just not that horse. He tucked his wings back closer to him and lowered his head to the earth, inhaling staple as if that would somehow make his eyesight better. How strange… he thought to himself, unfamiliar in scent. That of canine of some sort but this was no typical wolf, it was something else. His intentions to pursue the animal were cut short though, another noise?

Liselis head short upwards to look over the bushes again, this time there was a mare. Confused for a moment, she spoke a kind greeting to him. Liseli was never one for rudness so when the Pegasus dipped her head to him he automatically returned the gesture. Recovering from his initial startling, he tried to find his words in the neutral nature he’d learned how to show others.  "Yes… hello. Not all would describe the day as beautiful, the weather seemed to have turned a few hour ago. But it is indeed a nice break from the heat but it wont last all too long." 

Unsure of what to do in the silence, Liseli figured the best thing to do would be to introduce himself. "I didn’t expect to see anyone else out here this far in the woods. I’m Liseli, I live here sometimes…" Okay now he was confusing himself. He was never usually very opened with blatant facts about himself. He thought it odd to introduce yourself in that way, at least that was what he’d been taught. A fly, a traveler, distant in himself and there for others. He glanced at the mare once more shifting himself to stand a bit more together. She was different in design. A Pegasus too, grey blue and black. With these odd markings all around her body and face, he’d scarcely seen such colors let alone on someone. Who was this?

"Speech" | TAGS:  @Uzuri |  NOTES: 

Dusk Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  11 [Year 500 Spring]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Neema (Maned Wolf)

Uzuri

Uzi found herself smiling as she greeted the stallion. "Fair enough. I am just enjoying the change from staying in the center of the Dusk court. There are days that I long for the peace of forests to reset my soul." She answered before catching his name. 

"I am Uzuri. It is a pleasure to meet you. And the maned wolf is Neema, my bonded." She introduced them with a smile, warm chocolate eyes nearly molten as she enjoyed the simple introduction. There had been so much politics and posturing lately and it was a balm to her soul to be without it. "I can see the appeal in living here. It is so vastly different from the chaos of court life." She stated, her eyes traveling over the greenery around them. 

"Are you from Dawn court? Callynite is my sister in law, so I find myself visiting when I get the chance." She laughed, not even thinking about her words before they slipped though her lips. "What do you do for fun?"

"Uzuri"
"Neema"
@Liseli
Notes: <3 I am sooo excited!!!

Dawn Court Medic
Intersex [He / Him / They / Them]  |  7 [Year 504 Spring]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 11 — Atk: 9 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Liseli

The Dusk court?

Liselis face twisted slight and he shifted from his previous tenser stance to a more relaxed one though his mind was in the opposite way. He was curious about the strange who seemed to have him talking more than usual. She stood as she’d been when a red dog-like creature came abounding out of the bushes nearer to her. He’d never seen an animal quite like it. Tall in the legs with a shaggy but lengthy red coat. Apparently he had been staring a bit and he broke his eye contact back to the mare. Uzuri was her name. Apparently the shaggy wolf next to her also had one too, Neema. How peculiar. 

He’d always heard of the bondeds, creatures you could speak to and become friends with. While he had never seen one, it seemed like a happy union. Taking care of each other. In an odd way Liseli felt as though he too had bondeds. He found the similar type of companionship through the animals in the forest and of the lands, thought they didn’t speak to him. Liseli would’ve never been one to have taken the creature away from what they were naturally, but he didn’t hate the idea. Should I ever befriend a creature they way they have it would probably be a toad… or a porcupine. They wouldn’t care to talk much… He cut off his internal musings with a short smile on the size of his rose muzzle. 

His thoughts were cut short again when the mare… Uzuri… started to speak again. She actually agreed with staying in the forest? From what was used to a creature who seemed as well taken care of as her wouldn’t think of living in the woods among the dirt fun. It was a nice relief to hear through. She scanned their surroundings with her lightened brown eyes, maybe she was making a joke. But Liseli decided she wasn’t. She did however seem to muse about court life. That with her clean coat made him wonder. He took a step closer to her coming better in to a patch of light through the trees his coat illuminating as the shadows danced over his board shoulders. 

He was going to speak before the mare started again, she talked a lot, and it reminded Liseli of someone he used to have great fondness for. In fact this was all a bit in the deja-vu style for him. But he need not think of that now. He responded to the mares initial remarks first, "The court… I suppose I do belong to the Dawn Court but I have yet to meet Cally. Related if you are, you must be some type of high member. I wish I could muse the same but I admitadly would be lying. Much of the general social frustrations I think keep many from the true wonders the world has to offer."

He hoped his bold statement didn’t come off as rude. He never had much taste for company, wandering was in his bones. "Mainly went there for the healers, but it seems of late they have had more than enough… so here I stay until I can be of true use." He snorted trying to break the tension growing in his mind. The familiar feelings setting off mild alarms in his body… but in a good way. He took to answering his last question a bit surprised by her own curiosity. He took his antlered head back and gestured softly to the small hill behind him.

"I wouldn’t know if it’d be fun to you, but come this way." He turned away from the equine-canine pair and waltzed slowly up the little ridge stepping lightly as he could. From his wandering earlier searching for the damned mushroom he had seen a small rabbits nest just aways. He was the type to always share those small discoveries to anyone who’d shone curiosity. He was not stingy with his observations. Before getting too far away he said in a quieter tone, "Step lightly or the mother will take them…"

"Speech" | TAGS:  @Uzuri |  NOTES: HE is trying so hard not to be awkward.

Dusk Court Sovereign

Uzuri

Uzi listened to his words and smiled softly. "Cally is kind and wise. I do have a rank of note, though not due to my relationship with her. The last sovereign of Dusk asked me to join him in leading… Then he changed his mind and stepped away with no warning." She said softly, her face betraying the pain and confusion that she had been withholding since the upheaval had hit her. A tear slipped her chokehold and slid down her cheek.

"Sorry… I didn’t think I was as upset as I apparently am. I envy you. Being free to feel and be who you are without having to make sure your political mask stays in place. It has been a dramatic change lately." She murmured as she watched him step closer and found herself doing the same. 

She laughed softly at his comment about healers and shook her head. "That is so opposite of my own court. We have the hospital, but no official healers of any time last check." She answered softly as she followed. Neema stayed at her side, still trying to make sense of the stallion that was speaking to her bonded. 

"Anymore, I dont even know what I find fun. But I will say that I find your presence soothing. I am so thankful that I have been given the chance to meet you." At his words, she took a moment to check where her hooves were going and make sure that she was not going to trod on anything accidentally.

"Uzuri"
"Neema"
@Liseli
Notes: <3 <3

Dawn Court Medic

Liseli

As he walked quietly up the hill he figured the mare had chosen to join him in his initial motions. A small and rather coy smile crept across his face as he though of the moment before as she had mimicked his motions, specifically those of stepping closer. She confused him… so friendly, so out-there, and seemingly very talkative. She reminded him a lot of a certain someone now passed, in a lot of ways it was uncanny. It was a chance meeting at best, similar to before. Him alone and pondering his trivial thoughts of the natural world around him, then suddenly company. His musings of the mind were cut when he heard the mare speak of her true rank.

His assumptions had been right, no thanks to his observational nature, but to this degree he suddenly felt a little small. A Sovereign, he thought and quickly his mind raced to what facts he had learned about them. This itself was short lived as Uzuri released a small tear from her chocolate eyes. He halted his direction and turned back to her for that second. He didn’t know why directly, perhaps it was instinct, and it wasn’t usually his nature but he felt this type of primal urge to comfort her. He turned back for a moment and gently outstretched his head towards her, trying to brush gently across her ivory forelock. He didn’t know her world fully, but he did now what hurt looked like. It was but a moment as she began to finish her sentence, Envy? Of me? 

He could feel her bonded staring at him, but he tried to avoid direct eye contact with the maned wolf. He wasn’t uncomfortable, well maybe a little now that he’d let the physical components of comfort take him for a moment, but he also knew canines tended to dislike being looked at directly. He thought it best to try to break the friction he’d maybe created. Usually through humor but now all he could offer as he stepped back and half turned to the path he was going was some words, "You don’t have to wear the same mask Uzuri… times, the world, power…. It all changes all the time. This is the only true constant. If you were asked you were asked for as reason though I couldn’t imagine suddenly taking it all upon yourself. For one reason or another you were found worthy, the stress is like the wind. For the sake of living you should live your best life and others will follow."

He’d felt as though he was speaking from his own truth. Though it was his ultimate desire to know all, he’d be the first to admit that he didn’t. He could not fathom her stress and in all fairness he did not find her situation typical. He could see the pain in the slight tear, but the seemingly forced stability to not let it all go. To let the tears fall to the earth as if their saltiness would poison the very growth upon it. It was a sight he’d known. Something that had left him alone so long ago. The pressure to do, to be, for whatever or whoever others needed. He had yet to find his magic in this land but he knew if he could the genuine move in his emotions would have laid it all down for this mare. 

As she gathered herself, Liseli thought it best to leave his words at that as she responded to his next statement. This was his chance to let forth the light-hearted side of his true nature. He used it as he was, but now he also wanted to make her feel better too. He laughed gently and spoke in response to the healer comment, "Ironic that is. Well it seems if everything you said is true…". He trailed off for a moment and looked at the plush ground under him, "Perhaps I’d be more use to you there. I am not opposed, I go as I go. I come as I am needed."

Now as the two ventured softly up the slight incline, he noticed she checked her hooves. How nice he thought to himself, not everyone he’d met had the touch for the natural world. As he neared the location just down the back, he could see the small burrow opening. Twigs and tufts of brown hair sticking out for the slightly unsustainable location for a rabbit burrow being in a small opening a bit beyond the natural tree line. He slowed and adjusted his heavy hooves to lye as he was. Tucking his large copper blue -sheen wings he quietly gestured to Uzuri. In a whisper, "Look there, be still and they will come through."

It was not a direct sight, but just enough if one focused closely one could make out the soft little bodies within the hole. Four dust brown children tucked together like a jig saw puzzle in a warm nest. The only thing giving them away was the occasional youth twitches reminding them they were in the real world and no longer in the womb. He gazed at the babies for a moment and then back to Uzuri. Now he acknowledged her sentiment towards him. Again his body tensed internally as he’d not had any moments of compassion in a long time and he responded in a hushed tone but in a similarly carding way, "I’m… glad I met you too. Admittedly, though, I feel very strange around you. Please do not take that as a negative thing… I am just… he trailed off trying to find the words. He couldn’t find them in those seconds and turned instead back to the nest of bunnies seemingly un-aware that he’d even started speaking in the first place. 

"Speech" | TAGS:  @Uzuri |  NOTES: I’m sorry this took so long :(

Dusk Court Sovereign

Uzuri

They walked in companionable silence for a while, Uzi using the time to look at the forest with no judgement or preconceived notions. It was refreshing, to be with one that didn’t seem to care what station she held and was speaking to her as… well… her. Before she realized it, he had brushed against her forehead and she found herself smiling at him. They were the same height, so the touch felt almost natural rather than stretching between them. 

Uzi realized that he was avoiding looking directly at Neema and she turned her head to frown at the canid. "I promise, she is usually more of a puppy than guardian." She laughed softly, shaking her head as her bonded relaxed and let her jaw open into a laughing smile. "And… thank you. I have had no one offer comfort in many years. It has always been easier to shoulder emotional burdens silently." She whispered as she stepped closer to the stallion.

"You are wise. It is so hard to let myself relax when it feels like everyone is looking for me to fail." She murmured as she smiled at him. His company felt easy, natural. Not that she had any idea of how she should feel with others. She had always been rather reserved, almost alone all of the time. To let another in was to court danger. The last stallion she had tried to let in had turned out to be a failure for her. 

Uzi snorted softly. "I seem to live in a constant state of irony." She laughed softly before looking up at him. "I would never push one to make decisions that would make them uncomfortable… but I would also find myself happy if you were closer. It is odd, almost as if we already knew each other. I have never found speaking to another this easy." She said softly, gazing up at him with warm chocolate eyes.

Uzi followed his movements and found herself closer to his side than she had anticipated. She looked up at the stallion with a shy smile. "I didn’t intend to get that close. I wouldn’t want to impose. If you wish me to scoot over, I can." She whispered softly before turning her gaze to see what he was pointing out. After a moment of searching, she noticed the burrow and the slight creatures within. She took a deep breath, delighting in the sight of new life. 

His words washed over her and she found herself smiling at him. "I think I understand what you mean. While I am inexperienced in many parts of life, I feel different around you." She whispered, her words as soft as falling snow. Neema gazed at her companion before turning and disappearing into the forest away from the burrow. She would explore for a while to give Uzi a chance to enjoy his presence.

"Uzuri"
"Neema"
@Liseli
Notes: <3

Dawn Court Medic

Liseli

When the mare spoke of the irony he’d originally brought up in their conversation he thought for a moment of his own irony. He didn’t think of it often, let alone at all anymore, but for some reason her company was bringing out all types of unusual feelings for him. Either way he knew he was a walking contradiction though it was not completely obvious he had known nearly his whole life. Liseli was not all stallion, he was a mare too though his body never leaned towards the feminine side in all aspects but one that was easily hidden. Regardless his attention was back to Uzuri as she brought more words and drew his attention away from his own inner ramblings and he was bare foul for that.

He was genuine in his suggestion about going where he was needed, if her court really did lack any healers he’d go. He half expected her response to be one of a sovereign, they way they usually seek to take advantage of opportunities. So then, it was strange when she offered him words suggestive of choice… even kindness. He liked this strange mare that’d happened upon him in these dense woods. For but a moment when her ending sentence reached his ears he felt as though the two existed in true isolation. Here in this strange uneven clearing it was just them and it was all honesty as she gazed at him. 

When she decided to join him upon the vertical and as he dazed off staring at the rabbits nest, her words brought him back to the reality around him again. Perhaps he originally fell silent due to the sudden wave of deja vu that overcame him as he spoke. The circumstances of their meeting, this initial connection, her openness and honesty… it all feel cosmically in line like his old friend and lover, Niele. It had been some time since her untimely death. Gazing at the rabbits and her now being near him, for a moment it over took him. Tense in his body, he looked away from Uzuri a single tear fell from his cheek. This moment was gone as he cleared his throat and shoved the sadness away, now was not the time to bring past grief in to this lovely moment. 

"You are more than fine, space is something someone can choose to give or take…. You can come in to mine if you’d like. " he chuckled a bit. He was still often like a child in his humor bringing him back to the real world outside of his mind. But he meant it in a serious way as well, he didn’t mind her next to him he even kind of liked it. It brought up another tangent as he realized the mare had seen the nest in front of them. He smiled coyly as she let out a hushed gasp, at least he knew she liked what he’d shown her. Maybe what escaped his mouth next would be taken in that same happy light as well. "um… so you know if you were actually in need of help with your court Uzuri I’d be willing to come help for some time… he chuckled reverting back to the humor that came to him when he wasn’t exactly sure how the phrase things "Seeing as we may have met before in another life as you said from before."

He looked back at the mare as she gestured to her bonded. To drop that barrier was a good sign to him, plus he figured the maned preferred less of his presence anyhow. He smiled and flicked his ears towards the mare as she finished his initial thought of feeling different. Albeit in a excited manner. The stain of his single tear still light upon his cheek even though the droplet itself was long gone. 

"So, Uzuri… what is your story?"

"Speech" | TAGS:  @Uzuri |  NOTES: I’m sorry this took so long :(

Dusk Court Sovereign

Uzuri

As they spent time together, Uzi found herself relaxing more and more into the mare that she hid under the happy facade. The mare that longed for more in her simple life, that was beginning to wonder if she deserved anything further. She had tried for more once before with no luck. Hard to not believe that she didn’t deserve more when her attempts had failed so miserably. 

Shaking the thoughts away, she looked him. There was a moment of emotion from the stallion and she tilted her head away to give him his moment. She was not ready to try to comfort him, not sure how he would react to said attempts. 

His words made her smile and she beamed at him. "The choice to give or take space is something that you should have a choice in before simply being bombarded by another. I do appreciate your closeness. I have never let another this close, outside of my brother. But he is a pain in the rear and not the sort to be comfortable being close to anyone but his mate." She laughed softly as she let herself relax into his warmth. His words were soft, but she found herself hopeful as she looked up at him. "I… I would like that. You would be welcome in the citadel with me, or I have my old home if you would rather a more private space." She offered in a whisper, warm chocolate eyes trained on his features as she waited.

His question was met with a nearly silent snort. "It is rather boring…" She warned softly before she started. "I was born in Novus… though my mother and I were vagabonds to begin with. We eventually settled in Dawn and were happy for a time… When she passed, I was adrift. I had no one to belong to any more, no place where I felt at home. A Dusk court soldier found me and offered me a place to belong." She said, trying to get through the painful moments of her past quickly before focusing more on who she was and how she became the sovereign.

"I trained, and trained some more. I was determined to be the best that I could be. At one point, I was the Champion of Battle… but that life felt hollow." She paused, looking at the burrow for a moment. "My brother was happily fascinated by his mate, and my own attempt at finding romance had failed so spectacularly… I left Novus. I needed a break to get a chance to find who I am and what I want. I found a blacksmith, felt the passion that came with that craft. Yet that was not enough to keep me happy. I came home. The relationship with my brother was all that I had left at that point. So I hid in my old home and let the metal speak to me." She stopped there, glancing up at Liseli. "Eventually, the last sovereign asked me to become his partner in leadership… then decided shortly after to step down and leave me to lead alone with no idea how." She laughed softly, shaking her head. "And now I am here, beside you. I think this is the first place that I truly felt like myself in a very long time. What about you?" She asked softly, a part of her hoping that she wasnt being too forward.

"Uzuri"
"Neema"
@Liseli
Notes: Omg I love them so much <3 and no worries darling! It has been utter chaos in my world lately as well

Dawn Court Medic

Liseli

He allowed the mare to speak, secretly envious of her honesty, even though that was a trait he had as well. She spoke of closeness and her brother, their relation to him and his proximity both emotionally and physically he assumed. He didn’t have much to say other than the coy and genuine smile he followed with the soft words of, "I am not here to hurt you." And the giggle that rolled the final comment of her brother being a pain in the ass, he was familiar with the idea though he never had siblings. In fact, it was all he really could say hoping it would somehow ease her frustrations if any but he chose not to dwell on it too long as the next words came out.

An invitation, a real one. Surprised he was at her words and flicked his ears towards her voice. He would accept, though a small feeling of shame overcame him. An unfamiliar taste to his chest. It was but a passing, why shouldn’t;t he help he was being asked, not even asked but offered options. Though he did want some privacy he figured her own home would be something of an intrusion and he wouldn’t;t want to push her from her own place of secrecy. Liseli valued having that “away” place and he was sure a part of her did too. Perhaps she was just being kind as she looked up at him. But he was not inclined to reject the offer. And so it was, "I would be willing to go with you and help your court, I have little ties to anything as the very essence of nature is everywhere. To this I do have questions though. To the citadel, I would be some stranger… I would like to help and I don’t have any qualms other than the way your court may see you because of me. I would not want to cause you distress. To your home, it is very kind but I do have to wonder… would you prefer to reserve that space for yourself as a home for your memories of your true self? Alone to frolic as you please? Please don’t take these as leading but I am concerned after the things you’ve spoken of if only for your own." He tensed at the idea, his own being had not an issue with the ways others had known him or even would know him. However he wouldn’t want to impose upon her either in the truest sense. Perhaps they could return together?

Their conversation shifted as she answered his question about her past. He thought for a moment and figured he’d never actually asked anyone about there’s until now. It was usually something that only came up over time. His fly on the wall nature was meeting a new sense of gentle boldness with him. It was unusual, indeed. He wanted to know her this strange entity though the deja vu sensations were all screaming to him quietly inside, a prickle in the bones. 

She talked of her beginning, mother, brother, her craft , and her rise to superiority. Parts of it were similar to his own rise in the world, though he’d only met true tragedy outside of his control in his love life. If he would even to this day called it love. So as she glanced back and forth from the rabbit burrow he could sense the mild nervousness in the air. But it was in a sense of soft humor that he knew. Perhaps they were not so different after all, perhaps this was meant to happen. Without realizing his head tracked her face, looking to and fro, his antlers counterbalancing his head in a smooth way. He didn’t mean to stare directly, but he was entrapped. The thing that snapped him out of it was when she asked of his story. Perhaps she was being polite, perhaps she actually wanted to know. But for her he was willing to tell it. 

"Well Uzuri I think in a few ways you and I could relate. I will tell you my story, hopefully it’s not too boring compared to yours. But if something upsets you I do apologize in advance." He dipped his head away from her, similar to the way she had done, glancing at the burrow finding comfort in the nest before them and began. "I was born to a good family, one not rooted in the ways of these lands. We had no rulers or guards. Travelers the lot of us though it had always been said we had somehow gone away from out traditions. As a colt… well if you could call me that. I became the physical emblem of the ways our herd had lot to the times. This aspect came from my mother, while my antler from my father. I still can see their faces in my dreams and hear their names in the wind."

He inhaled deeply, not sure if he should tell her explicitly the reason for his difference from his herd or if she would have caught it in the brief words, but she figure it out eventually… probably. She asked for his story, and inspired buy her honesty decided to show his own too. "I chose to leave them, not of any malicious intent, no, no. I left because that was as my mother said “the way of my ancestors.” And so I wandered alone but with the elements…" He trailed for a moment, the condensed version of his initial encounter barged by the comparison. "I was alone to try to heal. Our ancestors had the power to take on another’s pain whole and fully physically. It was fine, but it is what took most of us. If one got a scrape we could take it from them onto our own bodies. In this way the training and throwing oneself in to their craft is defiantly relatable. This could extend, or so I was told to emotional scars as well… but for that I fear I was too late to learn. "

"Through my wandering I had met someone. A friend, my confidant, weaseling her way in to my world though I would never hold it against her, ever." He quietly gestured to the two’s surroundings, the clearing, the grey weather and look back for the first time to Uzuri. It was a gentle stare through his cold heterochromatic eyes. "It was much like this in an odd way. The quiet the freedom, though this is not the same only but similar." “Eventually she and I became involved, though I will admit I don’t think I had the feeling to back it. To make it short there came a day when she wanted more. I tried to give it to her but I…. I think I was the problem. He sighed softly in to the beautiful abyss of the grey sky. "She… uh… I tried. I tried to save her. It was… to no a avail. I was but hours too late."

For the sadness he felt speaking of the event, somehow he found some kind of comfort in Uzuri being nearer to him. He had never told the story aloud and though he didn’t cry this time or believe in vulnerability only honesty, he couldn’t help but feeling a little support. Even if it was all in his head. "And so like you I was alone. Backing off someone I had trusted, looking for the ways to go through, to live on as we have been so granted to do. So I came here…" He glance back at her, "And got to meet you."

"Speech" | TAGS:  @Uzuri |  NOTES: Lot’s to unpack here ya know histories good times all round 

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »