Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

IC Event  - Aestate Umbrae Festival

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Uzuri [PM] Posts: 24 — Threads: 17
Signos: 865

Aestate Umbrae Festival

Upon bulletin boards through Dusk and sent to the other Solar Courts, the following message can be read.

First and foremost, welcome. Welcome to those of the beloved Dusk court and welcome to those from throughout Novus that wish to be a part of this festival. While it is dedicated to Vespera, all are welcome and encouraged to join us. Our court has been rather quiet of late and Uzuri wishes to change this. 

There will be the following pleasures for you all to partake in:
Evening entertainment, including storytelling and refreshments

Within the citadel courtyard, we will be having a large masquerade ball.

There will be a potluck style picnic in Susurro Fields.
All are welcome to bring their favorite dish to share with those that join! There will be a variety of foods and drinks provided by Uzuri as well.

Our final piece for this festival will be a multi-legged race in honor of Dusk’s past. We will be reliving Halcyon’s race to save the princess Chenoa so many years ago. There will be three separate trials included, with a possible fourth if needed to declare a winner. The legs will become more difficult as the race progresses, adding new challenges to those that are taking part in the race. This event will need to be signed up for, rather than free for all and will take place in separate locations for each leg. I will be using random.org to choose the winners of each race to avoid any advantages that may come from higher experience and stats. Also, no flying will be allowed. Any pegasi that take to the air will be disqualified.

Leg one: The first race of this event will take place in Susurro Fields. This race will test speed. Each character will have two posts in this as they go around the field in a pair of laps. After each character has posted for the lap, there will be an Official Dusk Court post that will update the standings. 

Leg two: The second race of the event will take place on the Praistigia Cliff. This race will test your agility. While there is only one lap, there will be three separate posts from each character as well as the updates from the Official Dusk Court. Runners beware! This leg may have random events that happen as the race is being run that your character will have to react to. These events will come from the Official Dusk Court account and will either affect one character or the entire group!

Leg three: The final leg of this event will test your stamina, as well as your courage. This leg will take place in Tinea Swamp. The mud and water of the swamp will challenge your characters. Again, this is a single lap race, but the danger will rise as the runners traverse the swamp. There are dangers here that are not found in the rest of the Dusk court, including the Bog Titan. While Uzuri has no intention of facing this creature, she knows that anything can happen and wants to make sure that all are aware of this possibility. Again, this leg may have random events that happen as the race is being run that your character will have to react to. These events will come from the Official Dusk Court account and will either affect one character or the entire group!

At the bottom of the letter, a sign-up sheet for the race has been posted. If you would like to sign up a character, please reply here with up to two characters. When each leg of the race goes live, I will post a new thread and tag each character. I will be entering at least one character, but will not be able to win any final prizes. Oh… I didnt mention prizes yet, did I? I cant forget that!

Overall first in the event will receive armor and 500 signos.
You can claim the armor item after the event has been completed.
If you wish to have Uzuri design it IC, I am more than open for that!

First place in each leg of the race will receive 250 signos!
Second place in each leg of the race will receive 100 signos!
Third place in each leg of the race will receive 50 signos!

If you wish for Uzuri to pop into threads outside of the race event, please feel free to tag her and I will respond as soon as I am able! Again, all courts and characters are welcome to come and enjoy this event!!

Characters signed up:
@Absynthe
@Phoebe
@Aeon
@Pangaea
@Below Zero - If reactivated in time

And so with the sunshine
and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees,
just as things grow fast in movies,
I had that familiar conviction that
life was beginning over again with summer.

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 1 — Threads: 0
Signos: 0
OOC Account

I will be entering @Absynthe into the race <3

Played by Offline Mouser [PM] Posts: 34 — Threads: 10
Signos: 855
Dusk Court Soldier
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  9 [Year 501 Winter]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Phoebe will be entering the race!

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 4 — Threads: 1
Signos: 1,070
OOC Account

@Aeon will race, and provide security for other parts of the festival <3

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 1 — Threads: 0
Signos: 8
OOC Account

If @Below Zero gets activated in time, she will be delighted to race.
@Pangaea will as well.

Aestate Umbrae Festival

Thank you all for your sign-ups! I am going to leave this open for more characters to join until May 25th, 2022. I plan on having the first leg posted either Friday the 27th or Saturday the 28th. This allows me to get through dance recital chaos and be able to focus completely upon this event <3
-Chaosy

And so with the sunshine
and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees,
just as things grow fast in movies,
I had that familiar conviction that
life was beginning over again with summer.

The first leg of the race has been posted and sign ups are closed!

Leg one: https://novus-rpg.net/showthread.php?tid=7095