Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Heavy is the Crown [P]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  7 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

J A R E K
I heard from God today and She sounded just like me
What have I done, and who have I become?
I saw the devil today and he looked a lot like me
I looked away, I turned away

He had done it, he had taken over the court. The weight of his decision was still heavy on his shoulders. He was not a stranger to the importance of politics in such a situation. He was mildly aware of some of the discomfort between the day and dusk courts due to the disagreements between previous monarchs. But he had the unique opportunity to correct some of these issues. He would not let these issues sit and fester any longer. The day court was proud and fierce but he would not let pride get in the way of progress. 

He had yet to meet the sovereign of the dusk court, but his mind naturally wanted to visit these lands first. The mare he had become bonded with was from the dusk court. It was very important in his mind that their courts would be adequately aligned. He was sure there were aspects of each court that would benefit from the interaction. 

He found himself within the rolling green scenery of the dusk herdlands. It could not be more different to his desert home. The lush green shoots of grass tickled at his legs, the colours were all so vibrant.  He wondered what Phoebe’s perception of the desert had been like on her initial arrival. He made a mental note to discuss this with her the next time they met. 

He wondered where she would be on his arrival. He did not wish to disturb her, but he also couldn’t help but hope he would see a glimpse of her.  Perhaps it would be best that he go seek her out after this meeting had concluded. 

He made his way towards the court and citadel. He made his way through the crowds of souls living their lives. Slipping smoothly between the bustling streets. He found his way to the entrance of the citadel. He was still not accustomed to the customs of Novus, there was much still to learn. He stood at the door and knocked, he would wait to be invited in. "Hello, it is Jarek I am here to seek a meeting with Uzuri"

Arms wide open
I stand alone
I'm no hero
And I'm not made of stone

@Uzuri | speaks

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 77 — Threads: 21
Signos: 35
Dusk Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  11 [Year 500 Spring]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Neema (Maned Wolf)

The mare had been in the library, doing her best to learn the history of her beloved court and learn what needed to change as time passed forward. The books were silent company, much quieter than the soft snores of her companion. A small woof escaped the maned wolf's lips as she dreamed and made the sovereign smile softly. Yes, this was a moment of peace in the chaos that was surrounding her world.

The knock caught her attention and she got to her feet. The being at the door was new, one that she had yet to meet. Though there was an idea in her mind when he said his name. There had recently been a change of leader in Day, one that she wasnt certain that she was opposed to. Her meeting with Leviathan was... rough. He blamed her for things that she had no part in and it bothered her deeply. Shaking her mane to get it to lie straighter, she lifted her head and stepped forward.

"Hello." She greets, fighting the urge to bow to the other. There were still parts of being the leader that she struggled with, including remembering that she was lower than none but the gods. "It seems that I am who you seek. I am Uzuri. It is a pleasure to place a face with the name that seems to have been whispered from messengers. It appears congratulations are in order." She responded as she stepped back and motioned to a sitting area within the citadel.

The inexperienced queen was determined to be warm and welcoming. To hear those that seek her audience and see if she could make her court and even Novus better. Liam may have thrust the responsibilities upon her with no warning or help, but she refused to let others see that unease. After the stallion had entered her home, Uzi closed the door and walked beside him to the soft area. Neema approached, woken by the sounds of speech. Uzi nuzzled the canid's neck and smiled.

"This is Neema, my companion." She introduced the canid to Jarek, smiling as the drowsy wolf curled up on the floor next to Uzi's preferred place. The sovereign waited for Jarek to settle, the warrior in her heart still wary of possible dangers and ready to defend those that may need it.

"Uzuri" - "Neema"
@Jarek
Notes: <3
x | x

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  7 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

J A R E K
I heard from God today and She sounded just like me
What have I done, and who have I become?
I saw the devil today and he looked a lot like me
I looked away, I turned away

The mare who greeted him when he opened the door was the sovereign herself. This already bode well in his mind.  He was all too used to seeing sovereigns who would stand on the shoulders of others to reach glory.  To make others open doors, serve and kiss the behind was something that really didn’t settle well within his soul. Sovereigns existed to make the world of their kind better, to not have their kind serve for their own comfort. He had been ready to fight for his position, but to his surprise the old king had given the court to Jarek, provided he would simply promise to take care of it. That promise was part of the weight on his shoulders, and by the gods he would keep it. 

He smiled softly at her friendly greeting. “This beautiful landscape is so different compared to Solterra.” He felt awkward being congratulated for his victory, when it had been handed to him. He had not shed blood yet for Solterra. “Thank you.” he said, his voice gravelly and husky. He stepped within and followed her direction. 

He made himself comfortable where she had motioned. This movement made him feel vulnerable, but he had no doubt in his own abilities to defend himself. He had come here in peace, seeking peace. He couldn’t help but feel the nervous tension deep within his gut. 

“Thank you for your warm welcome, Uzuri; I appreciate it.” he said, letting the smile embrace his lips once more. “Hello Neema” he said softly towards the creature. He had never seen a wolf that looked like Neema before. He took a moment to gather his thoughts before continuing to speak. 

“I have come to seek a truce, to end this tension between our courts that no longer is really relevant to our current situations. I hope that perhaps in time our courts can grow a friendship. We all have different talents, it is of more benefit to work together than against one another.” he spoke plainly and bluntly, there was no need to play intricate politics in this situation. He wanted to build a working relationship on honesty.  From what he had heard from Phoebe, Uzuri was a very reasonable and capable monarch.

Arms wide open
I stand alone
I'm no hero
And I'm not made of stone

@Uzuri | speaks

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 77 — Threads: 21
Signos: 35
Dusk Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  11 [Year 500 Spring]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Neema (Maned Wolf)

Uzi nodded as he spoke. "Definitely is, but there is a certain beauty to the harsher desert. Even under the beauty, we each have our hidden teeth that make certain areas more dangerous to explore than others." She laughed softly, referring to the creature that the past king had hunted and the secretive one that hid deep in the swamps of her own court.

As he settled in, she found herself doing the same. This was going so much better than the last sovereign meeting she had entertained with Day court. When he thanked her again, she dipped her head slightly. "Of course. I dont see the point in starting things on a bad hoof and heaven knows that I can be more motherly than I should be at times." She laughed softly as Neema dipped her head at the stallion.

Uzi found herself nodding as he spoke. "I honestly have very little information on whatever this tension was caused by to begin with, other than it was something between Leviathan and Liam. I am hesitant to leap into alliances at first glance, but I would be honored to start with a truce and build from there. Your court has so much to bring to the world and I want nothing more than to see it grow strong again." He was honest and didnt try to overwork the conversation with flowery words. It was a refreshing surprise. "There has been so much that happened and I am thankful that you have reached out. I was hoping to make my way to your court to at least speak soon." She stated, smiling up at a servant that brought out tea and set it up on the table between them. A softly murmured thanks followed the mare out and she poured each a cup.

"How has the transition been?" She asked softly, wondering if there was as much tension as Liam's leaving had caused.

"Uzuri" - "Neema"
@Jarek
Notes: <3
x | x