Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - {Event} More than meets the eye

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 10 — Threads: 3
Signos: 0
Dusk Court Youth
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  5 [Year 505 Winter]  |  18 hh  |  Hth: 15 — Atk: 5 — Exp: 19  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

A party... The very idea screamed at the young mare as she danced through the dusk court. She and her father had joined the court to be with her mother, and since then... well to say that they were rather quiet would be an understatement. Jiri found that she hoped it would change now that they had a new baby to introduce to the world. She adored her little brother, though she also had some resentment where he was concerned. She felt like an outsider now, like someone that no longer belonged. That is what drove the young mare to the ball.

She shook her head as she pranced, enjoying the feeling of independence. Perhaps it was time for her to start to figure out where she belonged. Jiri was old enough to figure out where she wanted to focus her life, what she wanted to do. That knowledge was heady and intimidating. She was not a soldier, had no desire to become one. But she also didnt want to become a blacksmith like her father. So many options raced through her mind and she shoved them away. This was a night for fun, not for heavy thoughts. Pausing at the gates of the citadel, she took a deep breath.

Over her pelt, a crimson cloak glittered. She loved that she had dressed up. An ornate golden mask covered her features, hiding who she was from those that didnt know her form. Even her striking markings were blurred with the cloak. This was the first time that she had been out as a young adult and it was both terrifying and electrifying. "I can do this." She murmured to herself before entering.

The ball was intense, so many bodies and nearly ethereal music causing a clash in her brain. Moving toward the stage, she found herself swaying to the music with her seafoam eyes closed. Flicking her tail, she let her lean form move. This ball was calling out the more mature side of the mare and she loved every moment of it.

I who am my mother's daughter.
"Speaking"
@
Notes: Open to any <3 Writing this as a two year old since that is pending update
Credit: Character by Chaosy, Art by LizzArtStudios

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 5 — Threads: 1
Signos: 50
Vagabond Peddler
Male [He/Him/His]  |  5 [Year 506 Spring]  |  18.1 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 19  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Antaeus

dance with the waves, move with the sea
let the rhythm of the water set your soul free

This was stupid. What was the point? He hadn't even realized what was going to be on in this place. He had come up into town to do a little sight-seeing, see if he could discover any good places to acquire new items for his own . . . . unique position. His gaze had started by trailing those different shops, before he began to notice they all seem geared towards party wear. And so many were so excited about something. So like any good ol' pirate, who was becoming aware that there was something going on, he got sneaky. His hooves carried him close enough to hear the conversations, about a party - up at the castle, put on by what ever big-wig there was in this place. Everyone decked out in their finest, huh. Easy pickin's. He realized. And so he began to make his own plan. First he needed an outfit. Was he supposed to be posh and put together or . . . .

And the sight of masks were like a serenade to his ears, the ability to dress up and be something else . . . or perhaps, to be himself? And so he began to make his way through the booths. No one shop was hit twice, as the random item was picked up when no one was looking. Slight of hand (or hoof), as he stealthily acquired his outfit. Once all the pieces were put together, he headed back to that hovel they call an 'Inn' - and wasn't that a brilliant work of sneakiness to get into. Paying his room with the gold he acquired from their own till. Well, what they didn't know won't hurt them. He trotted into his room, closing the door with a bump of his hip before grinning charmingly at his reflection, the glow of his pupilless cyan eyes reflecting back at him, "Masquerade, There's gotta be some idiots who wear the equivalent of a queen's ransom during this thing -- enough to make a pirate set up for life, hmm?" The stallion humored himself, as he straightened the collar of the cloak he had tied around his neck, setting up the scabbard and belt around his hips, a variety of pouches connecting to the belt that held all kinds of interesting stuff. The subtle jingle of one, from coins clanking together was already his favorite melody.

The mask set to his face was simple, only covering his eyes, but the captain's hat he had found was his favorite piece. His forelock tied back with a bandana made setting the hat easy. The then careful braiding of that long mane and tail of his made it all the more fun, as he winked rakishly at his own reflection, before dissolving into laughter as he fell back onto the bed. "Well, let's see about getting this show on the road. The rich ain't gonna rob themselves." He climbed back to his feet, and then with a theoretical flip of his cloak, he left his room. He made his way fairly quickly up to the castle that was hosting this elaborate event, and upon entering the location (he knew right away it was the right place), he found himself freezing at the entrance. So many people. So many normal horses. His gills itched from where they were hidden, a sudden desire to turn tail and run to the waves.

Then he saw the first bit of bling - or a lot of bling - all worn on the same body too. Okay, maybe he can hang out a bit if there's just priceless displays out and about. He trotted his way in, telekentically removing a diamond off of someone's necklace and tucking it into his pouch as he went. Okay, there might be a lot of people here but . . . Just like I thought, easy pickin'.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Alfajiri
Notes: <3

x

Dusk Court Youth
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  5 [Year 505 Winter]  |  18 hh  |  Hth: 15 — Atk: 5 — Exp: 19  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

The fury of the chaos around her reminded her of the waves that her mother had introduced her to. Jiri loved the sea, to swim with her mother in the form that her own father had yet to see. Perhaps that was what caught her attention about the rakish stallion that was meandering through. There was almost something familiar about him.

Tilting her head, she trailed along and watched him for a bit, her seafoam eyes glittering behind the gilded mask. When he seemed distracted, she approached him with soft steps. "You seem to be having fun…" She murmured as she watched him and flipped her forelock out of her eyes. 

The change of song changed the feeling of the ball, going from bland to something sweeter. She found herself swaying delicately without thought, the music like glittering magic in her blood as she took in the stallion before her. Someday, she wanted to feel the love that her parents had for each other, but she also knew that it was less likely to happen. Shaking away the thoughts, she focused upon the stallion more sharply.

"I haven’t laid eyes upon you before… are you new to Dusk?" She asked innocently, not ready to just supply her name to this stranger. 

"Speaking"
@Antaeus
Notes: Writing this as a two year old since that is pending update

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 5 — Threads: 1
Signos: 50
Vagabond Peddler
Male [He/Him/His]  |  5 [Year 506 Spring]  |  18.1 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 19  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Antaeus

dance with the waves, move with the sea
let the rhythm of the water set your soul free

There are different types of aquatics, the young pirate had had to learn that in his time on this earth. Those who lived in the sea, and those who prowled it. It was only through determination, he didn't follow his ancestors into the marine predatory life style. To call sailors to their deaths to feast upon their flesh. No, Antaeus did his best to swim with the sharks, but not to feast with them. It also meant he tended to keep away from both those of the land, and those of the ocean. And so as the small mare who scent carried salt approached him, he immediately side stepped away, gaze cutting towards her in the dismissive look the pirate had become known for in his time of caging his secrets and guarding them jealously.

Her words were murmured, and he snorted, cyan eyes turning away from her in dismissal, "Solitary fun." He responded, his gaze briefly flickering across the individuals who were beginning to feel pressing in. Her approach had halted his own steps, and now that he stood still, he could feel the bodies closing in. Too many people, too many people. All laughing and jostling against one another. And moving through the crowd had helped ease the panic. But now . . . now there was no easement, now there was just that sense of impending doom. Too many faces, too many eyes. Watching him, closing in on him.

He spun his gaze away from the crowd, pushing forward, ignoring the swaying mare in his sudden need to get away from crowd, even as he answered her questions, "Don't belong to Dusk." He snorted, his tone dismissive at the very idea of being tied down to a nation. He was a pirate, damn it, his home was the seas. Both above and below them - or they should be, if his half blood hadn't cursed him with the lack of fins. "Came in by boat not long ago." His words, his speech was gruff, awkward, and there was a slight hint to white to his eye as he pushed through the crowds, only finally settling down again once he had found himself in the back of the room, away from the crowd. His pockets were still full enough that the short period of plundering would give him something worth turning over for cash later.

Plundering though. His gaze suddenly turned sharp, towards the slightly smaller mare, his gaze observing her closely, as if staring into her soul, "Why?" There was so much laced into that one question. Why did she approach him. Why did she talk to him. But there was deeper down, a concern she had seen what he had been doing. Perhaps it was time to cut the games short, make his escape before the guards come to raid his goods. Perhaps he was asking why he should let her live with seeing his face, seeing his potential deeds. Perhaps he was merely asking why he should continue to stay.

Or perhaps, he was asking himself,

Why did I come to this stupid place to begin with.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Alfajiri
Notes: So he's on guard and kinda rawr. Not surprising considering what he was doing and his issues with crowds haha

x

Dusk Court Youth

Jiri found herself smiling at his abrupt behavior. Solitary fun… yeah… that wouldn’t catch attention. "I hate to tell you, but sometimes the solitary individual is the one that catches the attention of those they are avoiding." She murmured, keeping pace with him. She was young and naive enough to not notice that he would be trying to get away from her. 

Boat. That seemed like a way to escape the boring life that she was currently mired in. Either as a creature of the land, protecting her little brother and watching her parents. Or as a solitary being of the sea. She loved to swim and be free in the waters. "By boat… So… you are a pirate? I could see the appeal of a fancy party filled with jewels and expensive treasures being flaunted by those in attendance." She murmured, grinning at him to show that she had no ill will. 

Why? Such a loaded word. She shot him a grin. "Why what? Why did I say hello? Why am I not ratting you out for being sneaky? Why do you have an air of familiarity? Why are you pushing me away?" She murmured softly as she stayed close enough to seem connected to him in the din of the crowd. "I said hello because you were alone, as I am. Because you feel familiar in some odd way. As to whatever you are doing here alone, I am not going to say anything to anyone. Everyone has their desires and I am not the one to bother those. I wanted someone to talk to, potentially a friend in the future. For one that was born in these lands, I feel adrift. You smell of the sea, of the waters that I hide beneath when I am feeling weighed down. You feel familiar." She murmured as she turned to look at the crowd and casually placed herself as a barrier. Jiri was familiar to the court, the daughter of the court’s battlemage and her mate. This stallion was a stranger, one to catch attention quicker than she. Perhaps having her with him would help him to avoid notice.

"Speaking"
@Antaeus
Notes: Lol Jiri doesn’t care about rawr