Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - another casualty

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline nastyalicorn [PM] Posts: 37 — Threads: 8
Signos: 2,210
Day Court Entertainer
Female [she / her / hers]  |  10 [Year 501 Summer]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 7 — Atk: 13 — Exp: 33  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

F E V E R
I DIED LIKE A SAINT; WAS REBORN A DEVIL

Originally, Fever had made her way into Terrastella to attend the masquerade ball, and although she had a half-decent time attending the festivities and had had her fair share of meeting a collection of interesting characters, she was too exhausted to begin her journey back home to her native court. Fluttering her lashes and false bantering was perpetually tiring, and she longed for something strong to soothe her back into a pleasant mood. 

The night was still stiff and warm, a much different climate than she was used to at home. The air made her sticky, a dew of sweat beading on her abstract tri-colored skin. She removed her veil, seeing as she was no longer required to be in a masquerade attire, though the jewels still decorated her spine and her usual jewelry still twinkled in the twilight. Hopefully her travels would be quick, for she longed for a dip at the oasis back in her homelands - to wash away the residual grime that clings to her from being in contact and mingling with the wealthy. 

Fever walks through the foreign streets of Dusk Court; gilded gaze studying the alien shapes of their architectures and the even stranger faces of their people. Fever felt spot-lighted, very obviously not belonging to this kingdom, she stood out like a screaming red flag. She meets the stares with unamusement, her eyes daggers poised and ready to defend herself, her tongue a weapon held at the helm. Thankfully, no one engaged and she was able to return to sight seeing.

A small establishment caught her attention: humble in nature, hidden away like an insider's delight. It seemed to be a treasure trove of individuals who were a little shady, a tad bit suspicious or perhaps downtrodden in nature. These were Fever's kind of people. Unabashedly, she saunters inside, pleasantly welcomed by the warm light of fires and the quiet murmuring of conversation. She could hear a commotion towards the back of the bar with some rowdy patrons, but otherwise, the abode seemed casual and much easier to find conversation than the ball.

The spiced serpent slithers up to the bar, giving a small nod to and testing smirk to the regulars who eyed her - patiently, she awaits the owner to appear so that she may order a drink.

@Asta little opener <3 

I SLEPT LIKE A SLAVE; WOKE UP A REBEL
art by TheDayOfShadow, code by @c.widow

[Image: 45505141_kShAGp5UVRG2Lvt.png]

i am a forest fire; i am the fire and i am the forest
and i am a witness watching it

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 30 — Threads: 11
Signos: 25
Dusk Court Merchant
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  9 [Year 502 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 19  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Asta
She'd been one of those brats mingling in the masquerade, up until the point she had reached the time agreed upon by her parents. To think, her life had come to this - a balancing act of give and take to see who had the power - she, or her parents. Unfortunately, when your parents are also the monetary support for your business, you have to give in . . . and she no longer had anyone in her corner like she once did. But she'd survived the stupid ball, and as she walked into her shop, she felt the relief leave her with a sigh. Her hair, still styled in soft, bouncy curls; shined against the pale magenta of her neck, the soft clinging of the gold jewelry heard with each movement - around her ankles, her neck, done up inher curls. The long shawl for the event was draped over one of the seats at the bar, already replaced with the simpler one she preferred.

But what should she do, now wasn't that the question? Would anyone show up, if she did open shop? Just in case, the sign had been turned, and it didn't take long until the regulars were crowding in, a few wolf-whistling at her fancier-than-normal get up, If ya'll want me to serve ya, you best shut up. It's like you ain't never seen a gal dressed up. She complained from behind the bar, sliding a jug of a vile concoction down the bar top to some rugged stallion. These people were real though, not like the dressed-up pompous girly-boys she'd been forced to interact with at the ball. Faces with painted-on smiles, pretending to be something they weren't. These ones are true. . . different though.

They were sincere in themselves. Shady, downtrodden at times; those who preferred to rumbled and throw hands, those who have her counting her till when they leave. These were the people that make crowds rough - and her days were fun with the interactions she has and the people she meets. SO much better than the god-forsaken masquerade. As the bar settled down into the normal behavior, rowdy in the corner where the big guns and big talkers hung out at.

The door opens, and Asta turns to watch the mare walk in, and instantly, her eyes narrow faintly. Something about the way she walks tells her that it was an interesting story that just turned the first page. And so Asta wove through the crowd, around the bar, and ignored the newcomer for a moment - putting bottles back, empty cups going in a sink to wash, her steps practiced, casual, but the corner of her eye watched, judged to see how this new mare would handle being ignored for a moment. She clearly had come from the bar, would she be a prissy princess demanding to be served?

Finally, Asta turned towards the creature who smelled of sand and spice, Evenin', what's yer poison? She asked, her head tilted to the side, watching, judging this stranger who had come into her sacred zone . . . if she didn't fit in, if she turned out to be a princess; Asta would make sure the mare didn't return again. But, if she turned out to be even a little like herself . . . well, the testosterone in the joint had been getting intense; and some estrogen would do a world a good.

“Talk.”
(Alternate color for thoughts).
do you believe in reincarnation?
'cause i thought i saw your soul
x | x