Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Experience Earning  - this could be paradise

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline reli [PM] Posts: 28 — Threads: 8
Signos: 565
Night Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  11 [Year 499 Summer]  |  18.3 hh  |  Hth: 8 — Atk: 12 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

It’s been a long time since Fang has flown for this long.

The muscles in his shoulders have begun to ache from the strain on his wings, and despite the cool air, sweat has gathered in a sheen along his skin. He couldn’t even explain why—why push himself? Why come this far? He watches as the familiar landscape of Denocte passes by beneath him, steadily fading away into unknown regions and foreign expanses. Tilting his wings up, he rides a breeze higher, coasting through a gentle silence that only a quiet sky can offer. Breathing the crisp air into his lungs, he sighs happily.

He doesn’t know how much time passes, and he only knows when he will land when the earth eventually calls to him. Sweeping his fiery eyes over the wind-swept sands below, the red stallion circles an oasis twice before he begins a slow dive, leathery wings half-tucked into his body. Considering too late that the water might not be deep enough, he breathes a prayer (Vasanta— is his heart’s natural call) before plunging head first into the small body of water.

There is a loud splash as he breaks through the surface, sending waves that lap at the lake’s sandy shore, and then Fang surfaces with a smile. Laughing at the thrill of adrenaline that sings in his veins, he rolls onto his back, floating in this little haven and tucked away from the surrounding wasteland.

tag; @Rylan
“…”
run away with me
x | x

Lost boys like me
are free.
please tag Fang in all replies; magic and force are permitted

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 18 — Threads: 7
Signos: 15
Day Court Artisan
Male [He/Him/His]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 9 — Atk: 11 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Keokuk (Spirit Stag)

R y l a n

oh-ooh-oh, you think you're special
oh-ooh-oh, you think you're something else,
ok, so you're a rocket scientist,
that don't impress me much

The buckskin was out and about, a casual trek to see what there was around Solterra. While he liked working in his shop, enjoyed working with the products, he would be the first to admit that sometimes he just needed to stretch his legs. It was those legs that carried him to the Oasis where he had first met Reinhart. A faint grin touched his oaken muzzle, and instinctively he looks around, as if imagining to see Reinhart emerge, the sun playing off the slate tones of his form, muscles rippling. A sharp shake of his head banished those thoughts, and instead, the stallion headed deeper into the oasis, Tyee running wild as a young pup would, the silly dog obviously enjoying the freedom as well.

It was about that point that a shadow overhead jolted his thoughts, and Rylan stumbled back in shock as a being emerged from the sky in a slow descent, red as the clay back home, leathered wings, large and the in charge type, and Rylan felt himself suck in a breath. What the hell where they feeding their men in this place!? He had yet to find one NOT attractive. As the other seemed to focus then, before plunging into the water, and instantly Rylan approached quickly, worried until the other surfaces with a laugh and a smile, "Reckon that's a good way o' gettin' yerself hurt!" The stallion stated, "Ya might wanna make yer way out. Ain't sure how much the truth it was; but I'd been tol' there be some nasty buggers in tha' water. Ain't gonna be fun ta get snacked on." Reinhart had warned him of that, and while he wouldn't mind Reinhart snacking on him, he had no desire to test the waters to see if it were true. "Name's Rylan, by the way. Ain't seen ya around these, here; parts."

so you got the brains, but have you got the touch?

"Speech"
Thoughts
Keokuk
@Fang
Notes: <3 <3

now don't get me wrong, yeah,
i think you're alright
but that won't keep me warm
in the middle of the night

Artwork © Bingo

Played by Offline reli [PM] Posts: 28 — Threads: 8
Signos: 565
Night Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  11 [Year 499 Summer]  |  18.3 hh  |  Hth: 8 — Atk: 12 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

He is enjoying the coolness of the water against his skin, and the weightlessness of his body as he floats, listening to the trickling of the waterfall. When he first hears the stranger’s voice, it is slightly distorted from where his ears rest beneath the glassy surface, but as the stallion opens his eyes and lifts his head to see the buckskin, he recognizes the words of caution. “You don’t say!” Fang exclaims with a laugh that is half-amused and half-nervous. Rolling himself over with wings splashing, he swims to the bank and climbs out of the water.

“Well, thanks for the warning, friend. Shame though, the water feels mighty nice in a place like this,” he shakes his head with a glance to their surroundings, the sun catching the drops in his curls and making them glisten like tiny jewels. One streams it way down his face as he turns back to the stranger, smiling gently. “A pleasure, Rylan. I am Fang, a visitor from the Night Court,” he says this easily, and with little wariness. Having met no hostility in the Dusk Court, he doesn’t expect any here.

His eyes shift between Rylan and the rolling dunes. “You know, I can hardly remember the last time I was in a desert,” there is a guarded wistfulness in his tone. He knows it was in Caeleste, sometime, before the Horrors came. Those are memories he doesn’t want to be bogged down with now, and so he moves on, forcing a grin. Is there anything other than sand around here? If there are monsters, maybe they’re guarding something,” he glances to the buckskin with playful mischief in his fiery eyes, inviting a discovery to be had.

tag; @Rylan
“…”
run away with me
x | x

Lost boys like me
are free.
please tag Fang in all replies; magic and force are permitted