Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

OOC  - Year 508 Summer - Spotlight Nominations!

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline inkbone [PM] Posts: 73 — Threads: 1
Signos: 25,195
Owner Administrator

NOMINATIONS WILL BE OPEN UNTIL 11:59P EST ON 06/07/22!
Spotlight Nominations for Year 508 Summer are now open! We're looking at YOU guys to give us the nominations on who you think would be the best for the following categories:

MEMBER of the Season
@Dyzzie, who won Player OTS for Year 508 Spring, isn't available for nomination!

Current nominations: 
@nastyalicorn (Nominated by @Dyzzie)
@heartfullofjess (Nominated by @Dyzzie)
@Chaosy (Nominated by @Morphi)
@EighthWonder (Nominated by @Chaosy)

CHARACTER of the Season
@Jane, who won Character OTS for Year 508 Spring, is not available for nomination!

Current nominations: 
@Kindred (Nominated by @Dyzzie)
@Fever (Nominated by @Morphi)
@Caelum (Nominated by @Chaosy)

PAIR of the Season
@Veil Nebula & @Torielle, who won Pair OTS for Year 508 Spring, cannot be nominated!

Current nominations: 
@Uzuri & @Liseli (Nominated by @Morphi)
@Pangaea & @Gareth (Nominated by @Chaosy)

THREAD of the Season
Thread must have been made or posted in during Year 508 Summer (04/01 - 05/31)!

Current nominations: 
"If I showed you my soul, would you cover your eyes(Nominated by @Dyzzie)
"No damsels in distress here" (Nominated by @Morphi)
"Mojo Witchcraft(Nominated by @Chaosy)

QUOTE of the Season
Quote must come from a post made during Year 508 Summer (04/01 - 05/31)!

Current nominations:

@Jarek in Passing through, on a memory — (Nominated by @Dyzzie)
"My previous perception of time and of place was warped. I have learnt much. The place I once called home, is actually a prison."

@Asta in No damsels in distress here(Nominated by @Morphi)
She shouldn't have pushed like she did this life time. She should have followed her rules. Should have gone with the flow. Behaved. Been the ideal daughter that she was expected to be. Just went with it. Make it through the life, and start over again when she died and restarted.

@Asta in No damsels in distress here — (Nominated by @Chaosy)
Isn't that what the mind-reader-fortune-teller mare had said? She'd called it right, hadn't she? That's all Asta had, was a life on repeat while the rest of the world moved on by, forgetting her as the world spins, and those she loved, comes to pass; gone to the next place . . . and she starts over.

Prizes
  • Spotlight WINNERS will receive 250 signos, +5EXP and be highlighted in our Spotlight section! Member otS Winner can choose any (1) of their characters to apply their +5 EXP prize to, or save it for a future character.

• First person who nominated a Spotlight winner will also receive an extra 250 signos and +2EXP to any (1) of their characters.

• Anyone who submits a nomination will receive 50 signos and +1EXP to any (1) of their characters, up to a max of 250 signos/5EXP.

Rules
  • Post the below form in a reply to this thread, or message staff directly if you'd like to stay anonymous.

• You may nominate for 1, 2, 3, or all categories - and may make multiple nominations per category!

• You can nominate those already listed under current nominations, but be aware that multiple votes won't increase their chances of winning! Please try and suggest someone different, if you're able to.

• We know it's tempting but unfortunately, you cannot nominate yourself or threads that you've participated in!

• Inactive/pending characters or members are not eligible to win Spotlights, including if they were active when nominated by deactivated before the winners were determined.

• Players/Characters who won the previous season's Spotlights cannot be nominated this time around. This doesn't apply to those who were nominated last time but not chosen. They may be nominated again!

Code:
<center><div style="width:60%; text-align: justify;"><span class="officialheader">Spotlight Nomination!</span>

<b>Which OTS</b>: CHARACTER, PAIR, THREAD, OR MEMBER OF THE SEASON
<b>Show us</b>: TAG THE CHARACTER(s) OR MEMBER VIA @NAME, or <a href="LINK">TO THE THREAD</a>
<b>Reason:</b> TELL US WHY YOU CHOSE WHO/WHAT YOU CHOSE!

<b>Send signos/exp to:</b> @CHARACTER. MUST BE THE SAME FOR BOTH SIGNOS & EXP. WHICH OF YOUR CHARACTERS WOULD YOU LIKE TO RECEIVE EXP/SIGNOS REWARDS? YOU CAN ALSO CHOOSE TO SAVE FOR LATER
</div></center>

the novus crew

the someday crew

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 1 — Threads: 0
Signos: 8
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Member*
Show us: @nastyalicorn
Reason: I'm biased, I adore nas with all my heart - captured by affection in Thomasin; reforced it in Fever. Always friendly, and bright - helpful to new members; easy to chat with. Nas is a backbone to the Novus Community <3

Which OTS: Member*
Show us: @heartfullofjess
Reason: Talk about a friendly face; seeing them eager to find plots, interact and just otherwise chat around discord has been a delight [and I adore the depth of the character!]

Which OTS: Character*
Show us: @Kindred
Reason: Hello, yes; I can't NOT nominate this sweetheart - you wanna talk about a character who risks breaking your heart with their story -- this is the one to acknowledge. Her story is heart breaking; and I just wanna wrap her up in a blanket, burrito style, feed her apple mush and promise her that everything will be okay. Total 'let me love you' vibes.

Which OTS: Quote*
Show us: "My previous perception of time and of place was warped. I have learnt much. The place I once called home, is actually a prison." - Jarek in Passing through, on a memory
Reason: Jarek is going through SO MUCH character development, that I think this line(s) really demonstrates just what he is going through - his foundation has been SHOOK, and he's realizing his safe place, his home; everything he ever knew was a prison to entrap his mindset in disaster.

Which OTS: Thread*
Show us: If I showed you my soul, would you cover your eyes
Reason: It's such a cute little thread, even just three posts in. I cannot wait to see how it develops -- and Seraph is so adorable!

Send signos/exp to: @Caelum

I'll add more later -- there's not been a lot going on this season that I'm not involved in -- so I need to do some digging and reading to find other characters, pairs, or threads to nominate!

STAFF EDIT: * indicates staff have added this to the nomination list! EXP will be sent to your characters once Spotlight Nominations close and Winners are announced.

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 4 — Threads: 1
Signos: 1,070
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

<b>Which OTS: member*
Show us: @Chaosy
Reason: chaosy is always friendly and great for a chat! She has been doing a great job with Dusk court

Which OTS: Character*
Show us: @Fever
Reason: Fever is fire! we have seen some glimpses into her in-depth and interesting development - I honestly can't get enough of reading her threads

Which OTS: Pair
Show us: @Uzuri & @Liseli*
Reason: Wholesome couple with a lovely thread

Which OTS: Thread  - No damsels in distress here*
Show ushttps://novus-rpg.net/showthread.php?tid=7061
Reason:  An emotionally significant and interesting thread. 

Which OTS: Quote*
Show us: "She shouldn't have pushed like she did this life time. She should have followed her rules. Should have gone with the flow. Behaved. Been the ideal daughter that she was expected to be. Just went with it. Make it through the life, and start over again when she died and restarted."  @Asta in https://novus-rpg.net/showthread.php?tid=7061
Reason: its a great quote, and you can feel the emotion with the sentence structure chosen!

Send signos/exp to: @Jarek

STAFF EDIT: * indicates staff have added this to the nomination list! EXP will be sent to your characters once Spotlight Nominations close and Winners are announced.

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 1 — Threads: 0
Signos: 0
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: member *
Show us: @EighthWonder
Reason: even with her newness, she has been more than willing to jump in and plot and thread with everyone <3 

Which OTS: character*
Show us: @Caelum
Reason: Through the last few seasons, she has gone through so much character growth and is really coming into her own in a way I have personally never seen before.

Which OTS: pair*
Show us: @Pangea and @Gareth 
Reason: They have been the pairing that I have noticed the most and their threads are some of my absolute favorites to casually read when I need a good romance.

Which OTS: thread*
Show usMojo witchcraft
Reason: This thread has very little dialogue, but is one that I have to keep reading and waiting to see what happens. Beautifully written so far and I cant wait to see it continue!

Which OTS: quote*
Show us: “Isn't that what the mind-reader-fortune-teller mare had said? She'd called it right, hadn't she? That's all Asta had, was a life on repeat while the rest of the world moved on by, forgetting her as the world spins, and those she loved, comes to pass; gone to the next place . . . and she starts over.” - Asta, No damsels in distress here
Reason: That simple part of the paragraph tells more about Asta than she is willing to speak in casual conversation. It shows the depths of her pain and the life she is cursed to live. Every time I read it, I want to cuddle her and promise her that she can have happiness.

Send signos/exp to: @Absynthe please <3