Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- can't articulate out loud

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Akhlys

She didn't stop. Her legs carried her over time she could not keep track of, endlessly moving even though breath was all but gone and even Vitor was left behind her. She was running blind, running as far as the land stretched; Oblivion rested in waste as an ugly memory, the place where her already-broken heart was torn apart again. She couldn't take much more, wouldn't be able to keep herself together if she saw Paris, but he was also the only one she wanted to be beside. She didn't think she would find love like theirs; she was a snake, a deadly viper who caused death with just her words, and he a brilliant lion that should have never seen her as worthy. He did, though, and that was what would destroy her.

She could have been the death of him, but maybe he would be the death of her, too.
Maybe she wouldn't complain if he was.

Her coat beneath her eyes were dry, matted strands from all the tears she had shed. The world around her had darkened as it eased into the shades of night, and her body heaved as it was relieved from the strenuous task of galloping across the lands. She was ready to collapse, and perhaps she would have then if her entire being hadn't focused on heaving breaths to regain her stability. The cool dark air brought her sweat-stained coat much needed comfort, the equivalent of a cold shower after hours of working in sunlight. Her tentacles all but drooped to the ground beneath her; the world spun in time with her flaring nostrils as knees shook. It wasn't long before she found herself among the grass of whatever field she lost herself in.

She didn't care to look around, didn't care that she was the sole thing in a pool of grasses for as far as the eyes could see. She only hoped she wouldn't be approached, though she wasn't much in the position for speaking anyway. Heart racing, she allowed her eyes to close with ears twitching in all direction to pick up any noise that might indicate company.

In the strangest dreams
walking by your side
CREDITS

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Oz

She is Blue & Quiet,
Exhausted by Herself

In Ways I am 
Not Allowed to say.

I AM
SPECTATOR TO SOME OTHER MAN'S DELIGHT & HANDPAINTED DESIRE, WATCHING THROUGH WINDOW GLASS AND THE RUNGS OF MY TEETH, EVEN THOUGH HER FACE IS THAT MUCH NEARER MINE, STILL, AND SO PLEASANT, WITH ALL YOUNG, DESPERATE EMOTION. IN HER, THE WINTER ESCAPING A BITTER SPRING.

I AM
HERE ONLY TO DRINK, MAYBE CHEW AT THE TOBACCO HIDING IN THE GRASS. I HAVE NO INTEREST, ANYMORE, IN DEALING WITH EXPECTATIONS AND PRESSING MY OWN TO OTHER LITTLE DREAMERS (SUCH AS LOVE-- AND MANNERS RELATED TO IT.) I HAVE TIRED HANDS IN PLACE OF A YOUNG MAN'S HELL-ACHING TOUCH REACHING FOR THE BELL CURVE OF A WOMAN'S BRUISED APPLE CHEEK.

HE WAS ALWAYS SO FULL OF LIES.

"You seem troubled,"
he says,
letting himself near with
a toss of his neck.

A MOMENT RINGS FOREVER. IN IT, HE TAKES A SIP AT SOME LAZILY-CREEPING CREEK BESIDE THEM, LIKE WASHING DREGS OR BLOOD OFF HIS HANDS. HE'S TIRED OF OPERATING ON PSYCHOLOGIES BEGGING FOR HELP BUT HE FINDS PEOPLE INESCAPABLE. HE'S ONE HIMSELF, YOU SEE.
@Akhlys