Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - From the Ashes

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

The stars are alive, child! Did you know that? Everything out there is alive, and there are grand purpose abroad!

Sometimes my name sounds foreign to my ears. It was given to me so long ago it feels like a different lifetime. Mother used to tell me that it means beloved one. I always thought that our names should have been reversed. Adina, the delicate, even though she was anything but. And Luvena, the beloved one, whose own “beloved” destroyed her. Even in Elysium I hesitated to give my name. The first time, I had nearly given Thanatos a false one. I thought about it, reinventing myself, but that would make me an imposter, more of one than I already felt myself to be.  Given time it started to feel right again, I even gave a few the full name. When I took my throne in Crucis I started using it again.

Now it feels strange again, sometimes it takes me a moment to even recognize it. It takes me a moment now. Once again I am struck by how powerful she seems. All muscle and strength, traits I had held for a brief and fleeting moment.  This time she is accompanied, by some sort of large bird that I don’t recognize. Some sort of native to Novus I imagine. 

Israfel’s eyes narrow, and I’m not sure if she is angry or simply observant. I nod gently in response. “To the mountains. It was not an easy decision…” I trail off. “Dusk is…” I’m hesitant on how to say it. How can I tell a stranger that this place is so much like home, that it hurts to walk among its people? That it casts pain into my heart strong enough to rival the pain that already plagues me. “To familiar.” I finally settle on the phrase, letting my head tip towards the earth ever so slightly. I thought I was strong enough to move on. But there are too many memories, and years of tragedy, to simply walk past them as if they no longer matter. Every once in awhile… I catch the scent of Liatris on the air, and even though I know I’m imagining it, I cannot stand it any better. 

“I am well” I respond, lifting my head again. “Life in the temples is calm. Though the young boys keep us busy in the infirmaries” I laugh gently. “I’d rather like if winter could take its leave though. And yourself? How has Terrastella fared through the winter? I’m sure Elena has been busy with the hospital” I’m struck with shame for a moment. I never did say goodbye. 

@Israfel
Hi apparently first-person lu is just kinda angsty i guess

@Luvena

Messages In This Thread
From the Ashes - by Luvena - 09-20-2020, 05:35 PM
RE: From the Ashes - by Israfel - 09-21-2020, 09:57 AM
RE: From the Ashes - by Luvena - 09-21-2020, 11:08 AM
RE: From the Ashes - by Israfel - 10-03-2020, 01:07 PM
RE: From the Ashes - by Luvena - 01-01-2021, 03:30 PM
RE: From the Ashes - by Israfel - 01-08-2021, 10:02 PM
RE: From the Ashes - by Luvena - 01-12-2021, 01:17 AM