Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Open Ocean or Tsunami?

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 15
Signos: 0
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  9 [Year 502 Summer]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 8 — Atk: 12 — Exp: 33  |    Active Magic: Body-Water Manipulation  |    Bonded: N/A

Look Forward... Trust Yourself... Find Peace

Pol listened to her sister, smiling gently as she did. She adored the elder Treader, and was much more open to her than she had been in their first reunion. That had been a terrible mess. "Resting our flukes and learning each other once again sounds like a good place to start. Caligo knows that my swimming patterns are probably so vastly different than yours and would make you die of laughter." She snorted, thinking of the more eel like movements that she had now with only half of her fluke remaining.

Pol laughed and shook her head. "Sometimes two makes a great pod because there is less chaos and annoying egos to break things apart! I dont know about finding a stallion to swim into the sunset with... but it would be nice to at least experience romance someday." She remarked with a grin. As Bella mouthed her sail and teased, Pol felt like her blood had turned effervescent. There was happiness bubbling through her entire form and she felt like the luckiest mare in the world. "Sorry... I never did learn that trick... Though elder definitely fits." She winked as she giggled.

The idea of becoming lost again made Pol nervous, though she tried to hide it. "Hmmm... North... Isnt it up?" She teased, lifting her muzzle to point straight at the sky. There was a part of her that was settling in, a part that had found the correct place for her. She was learning to help others and felt at home in the realm of Novus.

Pol snorted at her remark about Trey being odd. "I think odd is being nice. He is quite the strange figure. Past that, he has a huge heart and became very dear to me while we were together. I do hope that he made peace with his brother... That was something that he was worried about when we separated." She replied, her face softening as she smiled at the memories that she carried in her heart.

"I am not going to lie... The idea of seeking happiness for myself is terrifying. I dont remember how our people lived, but I vaguely remember that the bond between mates is strong." She commented, looking down slightly as she spoke. "The idea of a super strong bond is a bit intimidating." She finished, wondering how hard Bella leaving Shard had been.

As Bella spoke of Shard and the past, Pol found herself leaning closer to offer comfort. It was unconscious and served to soothe her as well. "Shard wasnt right... but at the same time... maybe he wasnt all wrong. In the water, I might not have healed and could easily have caused others to follow mama. I wasnt... safe... to have around." The words were broken, pain lancing through her at the admittance of it. She knew how enticing an inured creature was to predators.

The words that were slipping from her maw were painful and filled her heart as she was healing from the trauma. "I look forward to hearing the stories. I am missing a part of myself by not knowing. But I am finding other parts of me as I learn more about how to help others, as well as healing from the pain of the past." She murmured, pressing her cheek to her sister's shoulder. "I can promise that much... I will always try. I dont think I know how to give up..." She laughed softly as she beamed up at her sister.

"Speaking"
@Below Zero
Notes:

CREDIT to Akatsukislilwolf (offsite)

Messages In This Thread
Open Ocean or Tsunami? - by Polar North - 01-18-2021, 06:04 PM
RE: Open Ocean or Tsunami? - by Below Zero - 01-19-2021, 04:57 PM
RE: Open Ocean or Tsunami? - by Polar North - 01-21-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: Open Ocean or Tsunami? - by Below Zero - 01-23-2021, 04:52 PM
RE: Open Ocean or Tsunami? - by Polar North - 01-24-2021, 07:48 PM
RE: Open Ocean or Tsunami? - by Below Zero - 01-24-2021, 09:53 PM
RE: Open Ocean or Tsunami? - by Polar North - 02-03-2021, 04:15 PM