Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Mountains of the Moon

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Vadim

The hearty welcome eases the little tension that always crossed Vadim's spine when meeting strangers for the first time.  Strange too, for he had as often as not been greeted warmly.  He notices the scar and though his curiosity is piqued he does not ask. Not yet at least.  After all, scars are not so uncommon.  Accidents, conflict, predators- these things exist and he has been lucky that in his short years his life has been easy enough on these.  Certainly he was no stranger to hardship but it was not the kind that left scars.  It was the kind that changed a horse in the molding, the kind that ran in his blood and his bones and the air he breathed.  He supposed that every horse's origin echoed in them like that, stamping them as distinctly as the stranger's scar.

He realized that perhaps he had let the conversation lapse a bit in his sudden rabbit trail of thoughts and he smiles a little, sheepish at his own woolgathering when the wind threatens to drag him from the mountainside.  He follows the winged one into the copse of conifers, flinching a little at the harsh scrape of bark against hide when he bumps between the trunks.  Though his lean frame should have less trouble in the confines he fidgets and shifts, unable to find a position in which he doesn't feel cramped and confined.  His head tilted up to peer at the needles falling around them, tossed by the wind and knocked by their movements.  He crowds perhaps a little closer to the stranger than would be normal, finding it more comfortable to be close to him than the cage of trees around them.

"Hm?"  He tilted his head, ears splaying a little in confusion at the winged stallion's question.  Then he seems to realize his own condition and he laughs, bright and clear.  "Oh, yes.  I'm not really used to climbing mountains and I'm afraid it didn't agree with me.  The air was just so... wet.  And heavy before the storm came in.  I think I panicked."  

Unabashed by his admission, he glances towards the edge of the ledge as if to make sure there's still some distance between him and it though it is obscured by their windbreak of trees.  "I saw you flying though.  Isn't it dangerous with a storm in the air?  I'm Vadim, you?"  The last is added almost as an afterthought as the bright gaze returns to the other stallion's face.

@Valerian

Messages In This Thread
Mountains of the Moon - by Valerian - 09-04-2017, 01:19 AM
RE: Mountains of the Moon - by Vadim - 09-05-2017, 08:04 PM
RE: Mountains of the Moon - by Valerian - 09-07-2017, 11:04 PM
RE: Mountains of the Moon - by Vadim - 09-08-2017, 09:27 AM
RE: Mountains of the Moon - by Valerian - 09-10-2017, 01:11 PM
RE: Mountains of the Moon - by Vadim - 09-11-2017, 11:37 AM