Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Nobody is Listening

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Akeli

Akeli

A smile touches upon the lips of Akeli, and she dips her head upon hearing the other girl's name. "It's lovely to meet you, Maude." It was nice to meet a kindred soul, with a heart full of wanderlust and a desire to see what laid beyond the horizon. Akeli had never known herd-life before. When mother was still alive she had belonged to a small band of vagabonds, and when Ktulu had found her, it was the same. They had belonged to no one, lived beneath their own laws, slept beneath a free sky, ran upon unclaimed lands. Now, everyone seems contained and chained to their courts. How could anyone discover where they belonged in the world, when they were too restrained by responsibilities to really explore what existed around them? Maybe Akeli has finally found someone here to take the wild world on with. Maybe she is no longer alone...

Gesturing with a wing behind her, she continues. "I haven't seen much other than mountains since I left home. I hail from the Night Court. I'm new there. The mountains are beautiful, but hard to pass. I'm not a very good flyer yet-" a small laugh escapes her as she discloses her weakness, "-so I haven't made it terribly far. But progress is progress, I suppose."

'It's where I woke up my first day here.' Akeli tips her head to the side, intrigued by Maude's words. Was there someone else here who had just popped into Novus with no reason or explanation? Maybe she meant something different. Certainly she hasn't come from Helovia; what were the chances? Was it really that small a world? And it would help, perhaps, to know someone else who had seen similar devestatation, who had experienced dazzling light and seen their home blown to smithereens with no chance of salvation, other than being thrown into a swirling portal of uncertainty. But regardless of where she came from, it sounded as though she wasn't originally from here. "Sorry if it's none of my business," the filly begins cautiously, hoping to not cross any personal boundaries of the other girl, "but what do you mean that's where you 'woke up?' Do you not remember your past? Or did you come from somewhere else, before Novus?" Certainly her own arrival here had been weird, to say the least, but perhaps they could bond over strange tales of their arrival to Novus.

@Maude Sorry this took forever! It just took 3 tries to get it presentable

Messages In This Thread
Nobody is Listening - by Maude - 10-03-2017, 11:11 AM
RE: Nobody is Listening - by Akeli - 10-12-2017, 04:22 PM
RE: Nobody is Listening - by Maude - 10-14-2017, 09:15 AM
RE: Nobody is Listening - by Akeli - 10-25-2017, 10:44 AM