Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - illusion never changed

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maude

Rivers were always places to find people; it seemed that they, like the wildlife, couldn’t resist the temptation of clean, flowing water, even in the midst of the autumn. She herself had been following its length for days, happily splashing in its shallows during the afternoons, and gently dozing to the sound of its playful babbling in the evenings. Sampling what vegetation she came across as she did so, while trying her best to remember which was which and what had done what (she was, after all, still the same girl who could barely differentiate between fern varieties), it wasn’t long before the bend of the river revealed a most splendid, rolling prairie.

Lured into its vastness, the girl is especially glad to have decided to do so when she comes upon a small family of bison. The majority of the herd, a cluster of a great many animals, could be seen grazing in the distance, but this group was only several females, their growing calves, and a young bull. The bull, upon seeing the girl approach, loudly alerted her to his decision that was close enough with a hot blast of air from his dark muzzle, and Maude haltingly obliges – those calves! They were just so cute!

Lowering her head to coo pleasantly at the animals, hopeful of luring one, the girl is perhaps saved from being trampled by bison by the visage of a man who makes the maiden think, most immediately, of a swan, making his way through the meadow. Turning her attention to him, instead of the warily watching animals some yards from herself, the girl says a quick farewell to the buffalo before trotting over towards the winged gentleman. Maybe he’ll know what these strange animals are called; there certainly weren’t any in Helovia, at least not that she’d ever seen.

Nickering a greeting as she approaches, the girl pauses some feet away and bobs her antlered head hello, smiling softly at the black-featured, ivory stallion.

Hello sir! I’m Maude,” she greets, looking over at the bison, before looking back to the stranger, “have you seen those things? The babies are really cute. You don't happen to know what they are, do you?

If you’re tossing & you’re turning,
& you just can’t fall asleep,
I’ll sing a song beside you. and if you ever forget
how much you really mean to me, every day,
I will remind you.

Art by neverrmind @ DA

@Averin

Messages In This Thread
illusion never changed - by Averin - 10-03-2017, 01:08 PM
RE: illusion never changed - by Maude - 10-04-2017, 10:37 AM
RE: illusion never changed - by Averin - 10-04-2017, 12:34 PM
RE: illusion never changed - by Maude - 10-09-2017, 08:46 AM