Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - down the rabbit hole we go

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Coraline

Coraline decides that he seems friendly enough, and is quick to warm up. She asks about the rabbit to avoid the awkward pause between names and things, where you aren’t sure what else to talk about, and so you just lapse into nothingness. She waits a moment and nothing happens, afraid that maybe she had somehow offended him, or had said the wrong thing. She usually avoided that by not talking, but if one is to make friends, one must talk to strangers, she figures. But then he speaks, and his voice is not unpleasant, nor is it demanding that she remove herself from his sight. That is, undoubtedly, a good sign, and the filly smiles in return. Yes. Like it or not, Averin has become a new friend. Good luck getting rid of the silver girl now.

The filly was used to others staring and wondering at her eyes. It didn’t bother her. In truth, she didn’t know why they were different, having no mirror to see their oddness. She assumed it was probably because she was supposed to be all silver – but instead, she had a black muzzle, mane, tail, socks and points. It didn’t bother her. She was used to being the strange one; the unwanted one. It just made her friends all the sweeter.

”Averin. That’s a lovely name.” She wasn’t sure if you were supposed to use that word with stallions or not, but she found the name charming, to be sure. Anything that you didn’t hear a thousand times a day was nice. No Fluffy or Princess or Silver. Those names grew old very quickly. He continued speaking then, about his fathers. How curious. ”How many fathers do you have?” She could only assume he meant adopted fathers, as she had never heard of two stallions creating a child. ”I have a couple, too. My mother’s mate, though I don’t know his name, then there’s Iago, and maybe Reichenbach. I haven’t decided if he’ll make a good daddy or not.” She reverted to her youthful way of explaining things in her excitement to have something in common with another. ”One could turn into a rabbit? How neat!” She paused, excitedly prancing in place. ”Can you do that?” Her button eyes widened in amazement, convinced she saw his nose twitch like a rabbit’s does. Or maybe his tail turned a little more cotton-y. Yes…he was the most interesting horse she’d ever met.

Nope. You’ll never get rid of her now.

”I had a stuffed fox once. Maaemo gave her to me. She was my best friend, but I think the magic stole her away. I can’t find her anywhere.” She pouted softly. ”But Pan can’t find Oliver, so I guess the magic has taken a lot from everyone here.” She was talking fast, and she knew it, but there was so much to talk about now! ”I like your wings. I think it would be fun to fly. Does it hurt when you fly?” She looked skeptically at the feathered things, wondering how they could keep him aloft. Then she thought of the birds she had known. They sang so merrily while they flew. Just then, the wind touched the blue macaw feather in her mane. A last reminder of her best friend, and her avian friend. Both had the same name.

”I think magic has taken a lot from too many of us.” Her voice was soft then. Sad. But she pushed it away. There was still too much to talk about to be overcome with sadness.

”Speech”

| Silver chain from the pirate siren | Blue Macaw feather in mane |
Image © Firenze Design @ Deviant Art

@Averin

Messages In This Thread
down the rabbit hole we go - by Coraline - 10-03-2017, 09:35 PM
RE: down the rabbit hole we go - by Averin - 10-03-2017, 10:07 PM
RE: down the rabbit hole we go - by Coraline - 10-03-2017, 10:19 PM
RE: down the rabbit hole we go - by Averin - 10-04-2017, 02:03 PM
RE: down the rabbit hole we go - by Coraline - 10-04-2017, 03:33 PM
RE: down the rabbit hole we go - by Averin - 10-04-2017, 10:29 PM
RE: down the rabbit hole we go - by Coraline - 10-05-2017, 03:13 PM