Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - down the rabbit hole we go

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Averin

averin
ILLUSION NEVER CHANGED INTO SOMETHING REAL

Averin's wings had been more of an asthetic in the caravan than anything more practical than that, like flying. It wasn't that Averin never thought of going off into the sky for awhile, because he had. He merely knew better than to mess with the way of things, the orders, rules and regulations of the enforcers. They would only wish to erase the memories if he were to go against them in any way, and Averin had wanted to keep his memories more than he had ever wanted to do anything the enforcers wouldn't like. At least as far as what he might have been able to get away with doing, like taking a flight or saying no to them.

He would have risked his memories to try and stop the swiping of youngsters from their homes; make the enforcers stop altogether and end the caravan itself, because Averin had known it was wrong. Yet he knew he couldn't rise up against them, couldn't get far in such a goal, and so he hadn't. He wouldn't have been able to convince the brainwashed ones to go, wouldn't have been a good leader for them to take them away from the caravan lifestyle. Therefore there wasn't any way to change anything by himself. Averin was too meek to take on such tasks by himself, but the wish that it could be done had always lingered. 

Alas, the caravan may have found it's end anyway, because business had begun to fail before he had been sold off. Averin can only hope it had ended, and there would be no more of that to darken anyone's days. And just maybe he would make a habit of flying now, if Only was agreeable with the idea. Averin had no intent to fly away, and that should be obvious merely in the way that Averin had waited for Only for this long, when he could have just as easily run off on his own at any point that Only wasn't around. But Averin did not do well on his own, and therefore wasn't tempted to go and strike off on his own. 

He wasn't equipped for dealing with all that might come his way if he were alone. Only had told him that there were so many others who would just love to rip him apart. Averin took that seriously. He already knew a few things about life worked among those who simply took what they wanted, and he did not want ro endure such things. Only would protect him from that; so he put his trust in the male. So far so good. But his thoughts were soon on what Coraline was saying, and Averin nodded. "It was hard pretending that I didn't know what was going on, what they were doing." He admitted softly, looking bashful.

There was no change in stance or expression when Coraline had reached out, only to pull back again. Averin didn't think he'd have minded the touch any, though. Her next words made him blink, then shrug his shoulders. She did not stop there, speaking of Delumine and staying with her and whomever the 'us' she spoke of included; that they seemed pretty nice. "I don't want to fly away, I wouldn't even know where to go or what to do." He shook his head. "Besides, the caravan is long gone, and I belong to Only now. He bought me in the place he calls Rift, and is going to protect me." Of this Averin felt sure, even if it wasn't truly assurred.

I'M WIDE AWAKE AND I CAN SEE THE PERFECT SKY IS TORN

view full image and credits here

@Coraline

Messages In This Thread
down the rabbit hole we go - by Coraline - 10-03-2017, 09:35 PM
RE: down the rabbit hole we go - by Averin - 10-03-2017, 10:07 PM
RE: down the rabbit hole we go - by Coraline - 10-03-2017, 10:19 PM
RE: down the rabbit hole we go - by Averin - 10-04-2017, 02:03 PM
RE: down the rabbit hole we go - by Coraline - 10-04-2017, 03:33 PM
RE: down the rabbit hole we go - by Averin - 10-04-2017, 10:29 PM
RE: down the rabbit hole we go - by Coraline - 10-05-2017, 03:13 PM
RE: down the rabbit hole we go - by Averin - 10-06-2017, 12:37 AM