Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Where A Dead Man Called Out

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Apollo

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

Apollo had declined to partake in the nightly celebrations. He was still recovering, his muscles lazy and sore with fatigue from his lingering illness. It wasn't near as strong, near as debilitating or worrisome as it had been when he and Ktulu had first arrived to Novus, but it did leave him peculiarly lethargic and weak. In time, he knew, he would recover and be right as rain... But for now, Apollo parted ways from the dancing gypsies and jovial bards, instead seeking out the familiar form of the Constrictor, desperately yearning for her company.

Ktulu had been a constant since their arrival to Denocte and the Night Court. They had both lost so much in such a short amount of time... Their home, their families, their friends, their magics, their companions. It was all gone. There was no way of knowing if either of them would ever find their bond-mates again, and in turn, they only had each other.

Even though he did his best to be positive, even though he did his best to fight the darkness that plagued Ktulu's heart, he could not help but be taken under by the sway of cruel melancholy. Loss was no stranger, but it didn't mean that he had to like it, nor grow accustomed to it. So, seeking the understanding shelter that only Ktulu could provide, he left the crackle of flames and the dancers in his wake, entering the Keep to search for what kept him going.

Ktulu was not alone when he found her, having followed the intimate, warm, familiar scent of sandalwood amidst the otherwise foreign smells. The two stallions in the Constrictor's company were strangers, individuals that Apollo did not know, but... There, standing among them, was the one he had been searching for.

"... Ktu?" A soft beckoned tinged with gentle concern. Was she alright? Was she missing Eytan? The distance between them seemed vast, paces upon mortar floor interrupted by both black stallions, seeming like a void far too great for one as meek as Apollo to pass in order to reach the Constrictor's side. They were both broad and impressive, these twin midnight studs, their features rugged and handsome, and immediately the Merciful stallion was intimidated by their stature and prowess... But then there was Ktulu, his dark mistress, standing amidst them, undaunted. Brave. So brave... It only served as a clear reminder that she bowed for no one, man or woman.

Amidst strangers or daemons, friends or foes, she would always stand tall. He was relieved to see that even here in the Night Court Keep, it had not changed.

Offering her a smile despite the distance separating them, the overo's honey-brown eyes glanced to the other two stallions. One sleek, black, and powerful. The other midnight stud dripping in gold and horned. "I, uh... Hello. Sorry. I just... I was looking for her."

When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

@Ktulu, @Ammon, @BlackPlague - So sorry this is so bleh. Rushed it before bedtime. Hope ya'll don't mind Apoderp joining in.

Messages In This Thread
Where A Dead Man Called Out - by Ammon - 10-05-2017, 04:11 PM
RE: Where A Dead Man Called Out - by BlackPlague - 10-09-2017, 12:59 PM
RE: Where A Dead Man Called Out - by Ktulu - 10-14-2017, 04:01 PM
RE: Where A Dead Man Called Out - by Ammon - 10-18-2017, 11:47 PM
RE: Where A Dead Man Called Out - by BlackPlague - 10-19-2017, 11:50 AM
RE: Where A Dead Man Called Out - by Apollo - 10-19-2017, 09:55 PM
RE: Where A Dead Man Called Out - by Ktulu - 11-01-2017, 05:08 PM
RE: Where A Dead Man Called Out - by Ammon - 11-04-2017, 01:22 PM
RE: Where A Dead Man Called Out - by BlackPlague - 11-09-2017, 04:40 PM