Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - devil's in a rush

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Acton

Acton
these violent delights have violent ends

Even in the mostly-dark, he can see that her expression is as venomous and bitter as one of Mila’s poisons. He was starting to think it would be a challenge to keep his own from mirroring it. This Solterran was blacker than Calligo.

It’s an easy thing, to lengthen his strides when she does, enough to keep within a length of her as their hoof steps echo on the stone. As they passed further into the wilderness, it became a lonely sound. Maybe he imagined the way she rolled those blue eyes, but it doesn’t make a difference.

“Ah, that’s the trouble,” he said, molten eyes on her, though he made no move to close the space she’d opened between them. “Denocte mares, they’re full of passion. You are my practice – I’ve never tried to seduce someone with a stick up their ass. Did Maxence hand those out when he was made sovereign, or have you always had one?”

The smile he wore was clearly a mask, now, but he’s no longer trying to make it look like anything else. How thoroughly she has riled him, how little effort she has had to use to do it. Acton felt like the air before a storm.

The sound of his king’s name so casual from her lips made something inside him rumble a warning, but it also made him consider her anew. The wind had picked up, after they left the buildings behind; it was difficult, a bit of a stretch, but he thought he could catch Reichenbach’s scent on it. Hadn’t that been part of why he’d mentioned the man earlier? His ears flicked back as she ignored him, and he followed her languidly down the ledge, fluid as any showman.

He ignored this next look she shot at him, kept his gaze on the darkness below his hooves – it flicked up again only as she was turning forward. Once she was looking away, his eyes swallowed her up.

The buckskin couldn’t tell if the thing inside of him was more hungry or angry, now, or if there was a difference.

“Fair enough. You won’t mind if I guide you back to your border – both our kings would want me too. You hear such terrible things these days about how dangerous Denocte is.” His smile was a sickle.

It was getting to be a long way from home.

@Bexley

Messages In This Thread
devil's in a rush - by Bexley - 10-09-2017, 10:24 PM
RE: devil's in a rush - by Acton - 10-09-2017, 10:58 PM
RE: devil's in a rush - by Bexley - 10-11-2017, 07:15 PM
RE: devil's in a rush - by Acton - 10-12-2017, 11:55 AM
RE: devil's in a rush - by Bexley - 10-15-2017, 04:36 PM
RE: devil's in a rush - by Acton - 10-19-2017, 01:39 PM
RE: devil's in a rush - by Bexley - 10-19-2017, 06:24 PM
RE: devil's in a rush - by Acton - 10-20-2017, 07:43 PM
RE: devil's in a rush - by Bexley - 10-21-2017, 10:50 AM
RE: devil's in a rush - by Acton - 10-21-2017, 11:59 AM