Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - promise something good for me;

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Asterion

Asterion
in sunshine and in shadow*
The sound of her laugh is a lovely counterpoint to the crash of the sea and the crying of the gulls and he flashes a grin at her warning, dark eyes alight, before edging forward to peer over the sheer dropoff. It takes a moment for a large enough wave to roll in, but soon one does: sure enough, at the base of an adjacent cliff, a great spout of water sprays up with a ferocious roar.

Swiftly he backs up with a toss of his head and a laugh, surprised to find that he is still dry. “I’m glad you’re right about us being out of reach,” he says, glancing back at her. He hadn’t caught her at staring; likely he wouldn’t mind, even if he had. Asterion has no illusions about how strange he might seem to some of those here, with no adornments to him. Standing in the courtyard, he’d felt positively barbaric.

But he does see the way her gaze goes faraway. This time it is his turn to avoid staring; instead, he follows it out to sea, watching the distant waves glitter under the lowering sun. She does a good job of disguising the sadness in her voice, but Asterion catches it, anyhow. The bay glances back at her, quiet for a moment, until he sees the tears take shape.

“Oh,” he says, “I’m sorry – I didn’t mean to make you sad. So long as they’re real, I’m sure they hear – that’s a big part of being a god, isn’t it?” Slowly – cautious enough that a signal from her would tell him to refrain – he presses his muzzle against her shoulder, a soft and gentle touch.

Asterion has not been present for many tears; his twin had never cried, though she’d often seemed cloaked in deep sadness. It had manifested, instead, as wildness, as rage. It had made her seem old and frightening, where this girl’s half-hidden sorrow only shows her youth.

He wonders again whether he’d interrupted her, here, and withdraws to himself when her smile reemerges.  

“Maude,” he repeats, and offers her a smile of his own. “That’s very pretty. I’m Asterion. I was distracted, too…but in our defense, there was plenty to be distracted by.” Indeed; he hadn’t expected so much change from his first time meeting his new leadership.

But then, consistency has never been a part of his life – it seems naïve, even for him, to expect things to change here.

@Maude she's so sweet <3

Messages In This Thread
promise something good for me; - by Asterion - 10-12-2017, 02:17 PM
RE: promise something good for me; - by Maude - 10-14-2017, 09:29 AM
RE: promise something good for me; - by Asterion - 10-14-2017, 05:25 PM
RE: promise something good for me; - by Maude - 10-18-2017, 08:16 AM
RE: promise something good for me; - by Asterion - 10-22-2017, 01:55 PM
RE: promise something good for me; - by Maude - 11-02-2017, 09:47 AM
RE: promise something good for me; - by Asterion - 11-04-2017, 07:34 PM