Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - out of twilight

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Isorath

I S O R A T H
a crown of sunfire and starlight

She's reading, in the library, and working with the herbs.

If he had an eyebrow to raise, he just might have lifted it. In his youth he had done similar, waited until his mother had been busy to slink away to play, and perhaps cause some mischief. Not that he ever admitted to it, when the fruits of his plans eventually erupted on a passing maid or visiting dignitary. The foal in front of him didn't strike him as the type to be into childish pranks however. "I see." He made a mental note, that if he returned to the library and did not see the child with his mother, to at least let her known that he'd seen the wayward colt.

The boy continued, an a silken ear flicked forward to better listen to his words. "Not just the Champion of Wisdom, it's the duty of all Sages." Isorath corrected, his original nonchalant tone changing to one of humor. "Without all of us, Courts would not have their history nor the knowledge to use things such as herbs effectively." He's sure that the other isn't so interested in his words rattled off as fun facts, but it is what it is. The kirin shifted in place, lifting one hind hoof to rest on it's cloven points as the foal inquired about him. It's not the first time he's simply been called 'the kirin' and he doubted it would be the last in his life time, his kind had been absent from the lands he had visited, Novus had proven to be no different. The question alone provoked a breathless chuckle from his pale maw. "I am, my name is Isorath. I'm one of the Sages of the Dusk Court." He paused. "And what is your name?" The gossip he had heard had been unfortunately absent of that little tidbit of information.

He's not quite sure what to make of next sentences which poured out of the boys mouth, there is a weight there which is undeniable. Too hefty for a child of his age to know of, let alone bear. The knowledge of such injustice could bring his own icy blood to bubble, the gilded scales upon his back twitched in response to his thoughts. "The Dusk Court is beautiful, and the horses there are kind. No matter who or what you are. Perhaps when you are older, you may come and see the Court for yourself, the fields and cliffs are some of my favorite places to visit." The winged kirin explained, slitted pupils moving to glance around them. "Do not let their mean looks get to you, little one. Such looks and comments are beneath you, no matter how hard they try to convince you otherwise. You're worth more than their pettiness." He rumbled, head tilted as he regarded him. "It is cruel to treat a child so, they should know better." Isorath muttered under his breath, giving a slight shake of his crowned head.

"What were you doing, before you ran into me? Sneaking off?" The last part is spoken with a slight smirk ghosting across his lips.

OOC notes can go here, as well as tags! remove the 'hr' tag to get rid of this line ^
"this here is your speech colour!

@Cynix — <3

Messages In This Thread
out of twilight - by Cynix - 10-18-2017, 11:58 AM
RE: out of twilight - by Isorath - 10-18-2017, 04:02 PM
RE: out of twilight - by Cynix - 10-18-2017, 04:30 PM
RE: out of twilight - by Isorath - 10-18-2017, 05:07 PM
RE: out of twilight - by Cynix - 10-18-2017, 10:47 PM
RE: out of twilight - by Isorath - 11-07-2017, 07:46 AM
RE: out of twilight - by Cynix - 11-11-2017, 05:43 PM